What's new

Dungeon Crawl

omegau

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: Dungeon Crawl

7!

Essentially, two, but with a human-on-dragon titjob at the end. Because sex.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The twos have it. Nice try with the one seven suggestion though. There'll be time for such things later.

"I agree to deliver your message, but please, Xaratchul. With the strength you have left, tell me your story. I will make certain that your legend is not lost here."

The dragon lies still, eyeing you as he considers this offer. Seconds later, he responds.

"Very well. Come closer then, Ariel. Closer."

You follow the dragon's instructions, stepping up to the massive head of the dragon, which even though not fully grown, could fit most of your body between its jaws and magnificent set of razor sharp teeth.

"Here, slightly to the side, where I can see you best," he says, indicating exactly where he wants you to stand.

"Good. Now, hold very, very still."

You attempt to go rigid, not wanting to move a muscle. The dragon's massive claw slides along the ground toward you, and a single, blade like talon moves to touch your skin along your upper arm. So sharp is the tip of the dragon's natural weaponry, that you don't even feel the initial cuts. Xaratchul scratches a symbol into your skin, and as it completes, you feel a growing sensation of burning there.

"It burns," you say, with alarm in your voice.

"That is the nature of my race's magic. Burning majesty and passion. It will subside, once I have finished telling my tale. Now... listen."

---

Xaratchul's story is wide-sweeping at first. He speaks of his earliest conquests, rivalries among his brothers and sisters, his first lair, the subjugation and subsequent tribute of a barbarian tribe, and an affront to his domain from a gnoll war company that he sundered alone. He recalled a challenge from an older Nazakan dragon from the edge of the Great Woods, in which he fought the beast to the death. He spoke about collecting a hoard of wealth, not so great as his elders, but respectable, for dragons are a proud race and tribute is expected.

His tale becomes more focused as he speaks of his journey to the far North, where in the tundras he met for the first time a circle of his mother's kin. Dragons whose ways were strange to him. They practiced the art of magic, as human sorcerers and arcanists do. It was there that he learned the art of dragon runes, and to observe the ley lines of the world, where mystic power gathered. The dragons of the North work to prevent a second Shattering, by placing their lairs close to these nodes of power and denying access to those who would misuse them.

Some of these sites are buried deep beneath the earth, at the roots of the world, guarded by creatures that have never known the light. It was to such a place that he journeyed, and how he came to find this cavern. But this mystic site had long been corrupted by the construction of a chaos crystal, and worse still, he saw it being used by corrupt priests, whose magic allowed them to access this depth through a dimensional doorway to their temple.

He observed them for a time, making his way back and forth through the depths, sending messages through conjured familiars to convince other dragons to investigate the site and aid him. Only one ever came, and it was a young whelp trying to claim a notable lair for herself. She rushed in with her clan of weaklings and ended up fighting the uncorrupt priests while giving the sorceror and his cabal time to enact their major summoning. That had been when Xaratchul had acted, tearing into the corrupt priests and braving their foul magics.

But he had underestimated the lead sorceror's connection to the abyss. Through the gateway, he summoned Nragus, Archfiend of the demon city Lor Gul, enticing the devil to fight for him, with a dragon's soul as a reward.

As the dragon and devil fought one another, the whelp arrived with her surviving kobolds, only to die at the hands of the abyssal. After a terrible struggle, Xaratchul was struck a mortal blow by Nragus, but was kept alive by demonic magic in an effort to extract the great dragon's soul.

Mighty was Xaratchul's resistance, but he was at the very end of his willpower by the time you had arrived. The rest you know.

---

"And now, I think my tale is told, and the last of my strength is spent," the dragon says, his body motionless save for autonomous breathing.

"But you haven't even begun to tell her the story," Hadrian says in bewilderment. "All you've done is let out a dull roar right in her face."

"What are you talking about, Hadrian?" You say over your shoulder. "He just told me a rough version his life story. Weren't you listening?"

The blank look on the paladin's face confuses you, until Xaratchul speaks.

"The rune of a dragon's messenger... quite useless if it did not allow understanding of our language. Only the more curious or duty bound of us bother to learn the tongues of man."

"You mean to say, she could understand you?" Elise asks, some wonder in her voice.

"Yes, she can. And now, I think, I shall save my final words for my ancestors. I thank you, Ariel, for writing a more pleasant end to my story than I would otherwise have managed. May the gift of a dragon song serve you well. Do not forget your promise."

"I won't," you say gratefully. "And thank you for giving it to me."

The dragon gives the barest of nods, and then closes his eyes. You see that he still breathes slowly, but think that it may be best to respect his wish to have his final moments alone with his ancestors.

Elise and Hadrian feel likewise.

If there is anything you wish to do here, it should be quick. (A)

1. Inspect the chaos crystal

2. Inspect the dragon whelp, see if there's anything off her you can loot.

3. Inspect the dead priests, again looting the corpses.

4. Inspect the hand of the demon prince and loot it.

5. All of the above. (Don't mind us mister dying dragon, just looting like murder hobos.)

6. Leave the dead and the dying in peace. The gateway is closed and there's nothing left for you here.

7. Hey... where'd Grat go?!

After leaving back through the doorway by which you came, Elise firmly shuts the door and spends a moment praying beside the latch. When she opens her eyes again and stops her murmuring, she gives you and Hadrian a nod.

"I've replaced a ward there the best I can, but it's a flimsy measure. It will not stop a determined intruder from accessing the crystal once again, assuming they know where to look."

"How could they?" You ask. "This place is a maze and wouldn't they have to make their way through the trials?"

"No one is here to reset and maintain the traps. I will have to get word to the other temple. They must know what we found and send some high priests to reclaim this place before someone or something else does," Elise responds.

"Before we do, we must find the book," Hadrian says. "It's what we came here for. We can't return without it."

"Right," Elise says. "Follow me. I'll find it for us."

It takes a bit of back tracking and wandering through the tunnels, but the priestess eventually leads the trio to a small library, filled with reading pedestals and pendant glyph stones hanging by chains from the high ceiling to provide enough light to read by.

The books don't appear to be in any order that you recognize, but Elise confidently searches and in very little time holds a rose colored, leatherbound tome above her head. You also see that she has picked up a couple other books and two large scroll tubes. The rose book she hands almost disinterestedly to Hadrian, but the scroll tubes she seems quite pleased to place in her own pack.

"Good," Hadrian says. "Let's get this back to Barrowbridge and our quest will be complete."

---------------------------------------------------------------------
*cue triumphant JRPG music*
---------------------------------------------------------------------

And so, our brave heroes did exit the temple of Zerica
And begin the day's march on foot through the narrow paths
of the surrounding wetlands, until they reached the small steading
known as Barrowbridge.

As she traveled, Ariel the Bard contemplated the tale
told to her by Xaratchul, the Orumarian Frostfire dragon
whose illustrious heritage confirmed the tales of the 2,000 year old
Dragon Wars.

Inspired by the unique tale she had at her disposal
the young bard composed on her prized flute a song
that would accompany the tale when she would perform it
at taverns and feast halls and amphitheater alike.

Ariel would discover that as her song neared its completion
she felt that it had a power all its own
to which the arcane art of her bardic abilities
could harness to an outstanding effect. (B)​

What is the effect of your new dragon song?

1. To grant the quality of a dragon.

2. To burn with fire.

3. To burn with passion.

4. Reckless destruction.

---------------------------------------------------------

When you get to Barrowbridge, it is already evening. The sun is in its final descent, about to disappear beyond the horizon. To Elise, the tavern is calling, but Hadrian is eager to press on to the keep and demand an audience with the Count.

Where would you like to go? (C)

1. To the tavern with Elise. It's time to partayyyy!

2. To the tavern, with both Elise and Hadrian. You're going to put on a performance!

3. To the keep with Hadrian. You'll catch up with Elise later.

4. To the keep with Hadrian and Elise. Let's stick together and get this fetch quest over with!

5. Let Elise go drink, let Hadrian go present the book - that handsome man over there noticed that you're a bard and has generously offered you a place to stay for the night, citing the age old courtesy of hospitality toward minstrels. Ooh... guy is cute too.~

6. (Suggest your own course of action in the town.)

Cevrik777

Sex Demon
Reputation score

For A: 7 - Where's our little ?!

Although checking out the Demon's Hand may be useful, if we have time(4). Someone might be able to tell us more able who we're dealing with if we can get his hand to them.

For B: 3 - Changed to 3... I'm too damn curious as well.

For C: 1

Last edited:

moonblack

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

A: 1, then 7

B: 3 (I'm curious what "To burn with passion." means)

C: 4 (just in case we get backstabbed)

tomaito89

Sex Demon
Reputation score

a 6 with a bit of 7.

b 1 though i too am curious about 3.

c 2 may as well regale the tavern-goers with our new story.

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

A-5 (lewts - and 7 if poss)
B-2 (fire good - burn with passion is obviously going to give them the horn, given this is a cyoa on a hentai forum)
C-4 - as good as partying sounds... probably should inform the correct people that cultists are trying to open a gateway to hell.

Termite

A bug
RP Moderator
Reputation score

A - 7
Because I like the little guy

B - 1
Because fuckin' dragons!

C - 2
Because we gotta show off

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Vote count:
A: 'Where's Grat' wins, with grabbing the hand coming in second if there's time.
B: 'Burn with passion' scrapes out a victory.
C: Very close race, but going to the keep first with the whole party has won.

"Hey, where's Grat?" You ask as you are about to leave the chamber.

A search reveals him curled up in a fetal position behind the corpse of the dragon whelp, looking quite inconsolable and babbling softly in its own language. Being an empathetic sort of person, your heart breaks for the little guy. Sure he smells like a carton of 2 year old eggs, and yeah his master plan for getting out of the trials involved you losing your armor and being sex bait for a rock creature, but so far, you think that as far as intentions are concerned, he's not that bad.

"Hey," you say gently, reaching out towards Grat and patting him on the shoulder. You'll have to thoroughly wash that hand, but hey, you were planning on doing that anyway. "Are you gonna be okay?"

Grat shakes his head vigorously side to side.

"Master dead dead! Clan mates dead dead! Grat fails! Stupid Grat Grat!" The kobold agonizes into its own paws. "Grat can only defend master's body until the end of Grat. It is Grat's duty to master."

"Great. He's got his duty. Best to leave him to it," Hadrian says, to which the paladin receives a light cuff on his head from Elise.

"Grat..." you say gently, ignoring Hadrian. "Your master came here to aid another dragon. There was a greater purpose that she had in being here. Do you understand?"

Grat blubbers and shakes his head no. So you fill him in as best you can on Xaratchul's task. His ears prick up so you see you have his attention. You turn to show him your shoulder where the dragon rune is inscribed. Seeing it, Grat gasps.

"You see? I'm on a mission for a dragon, and I need help from someone who is used to serving dragons."

Grat points to the rune shakily.

"Rare gift. Blessing of mighty dragons. Only greatest kobold priests receive. Yes, yes! Ariel is kobold priestess!"

"I - what now?"

Grat flings himself at you, wrapping his claws about you and burying his muzzle into your cleavage. You will DEFINITELY require a shower.

"Grat follow Ariel on great mission. Grat will show her ways of appeasing dragon king. Grat will find other Ironscale clan, and you will be one of us!"

"Great..." you say, unsure of the honor of being a kobold, but pleased at least that you've turned Grat's mood around.

"He can't follow us to within town limits," Hadrian says, and this time Elise seems to agree with him.

"Kobolds have raided towns and waylaid travelers too often," she says. "They'd string him up if they saw him."

"Then Grat can wait outside the town while we deliver the book and resupply," you say. "We'll join back up with him after we leave. I'll be sure to bring some soap."

Grat agrees to this. And you are about to leave once more when your eye is drawn to the demon hand that lies on the ground not far from Xaratchul. You approach it and although you are no mage and cannot detect magic, you feel certain that the air around the appendage is foul and you have a bleak feeling about it. The hand also looks heavy. You could put it in your pack and try to see if someone back at Barrowbridge has a use for it, but its appearance is more foul than Grat's odor. (A)

Did you take the Hand of Nragus? Yes or no?

-----

Your dragon song bends the arcane weave of reality in a new and wondrous way. When you play the song perfectly, you can select one target of your dragon son. This target will be filled with a burning, aggressive desire that cannot be denied. You can either make a target filled with anger and rage, such that they will strike out at the closest melee target to them, OR you can fill them with a passionate, dare we say it, lustful desire, targeting someone that both they and you can see (or yourself, if you feel you need magic songs to get laid).

You earn this new move as part of... dah du dah dah! Leveling up!

You can choose to make a minor improvement to one of your six stats (B)
You improve your...

strength
dexterity
constitution
intelligence
wisdom
charisma

----

When your party reaches town, Grat agrees to stay in this general area, along the roadside, until you get back. You give him some of your food rations, as he says that he is not much of a hunter or tracker. Since you've got him in your party, you'll have to remember to provide food for him as well when you're on the road. This shouldn't be too difficult, you hope.

You cross the bridge that is the town's namesake across a narrow river and enter the town proper. You are aware now by the stare you receive that you are quite dirty and also only dressed in your undergarments and Hadrian's cloak, wrapped around you like a towel. Is this how you'll present yourself to the count?

Hadrien tells you not to worry about it. He'll defend your honor against any man who looks sideways at you. You tell him thanks but you'd really like to get dressed properly. Unfortunately, the shops are all closed. So you're forced to approach the count's small keep grounds as you currently are, receiving odd looks from townsfolk and the men-at-arms who guard the count's gate.

Hadrian's status and appearance as a knight of Jorn however is enough to earn him and his followers immediate access, even despite the late hour. You are hastily met by the chamberlain, who insists in a polite but firm manner, that you all bathe and redress before your audience with the count.

A couple servant girls are summoned and bring you and Elise to a separate wing of the small estate (for Barrowbridge is a small castle town and the keep is nothing like the grand cities). There, in a small but elegant bathing room, two large tubs are heated with water and soaps and fragrances are provided.

It takes over an hour to get cleaned up, and when the two of you step out of your baths, the servants pat you dry and provide you with simple, courtly dresses that will serve fine at a dinner table but would not be practical for travel or adventuring.

With your preparations made, you are led to the great hall, where you find Hadrian already in deep discussion with Count Ivan of Barrowbridge. The book of Røse already lies in front of the noble, and he seems most gracious and pleased. The two men stand for you and Elise as you enter, and the count's eyes fall warmly upon you.

"Priestess Elise, and the talented Miss Ariel, so good to see you back safe and triumphant from your daring journey. Good Sir Hadrian has been telling me of your adventure."

"I do the tale no justice. Better to let Ariel tell it," Hadrian says.

"Ah yes. The beautiful bard, with fire in her spirit to match the red of her hair. I most certainly wish to hear of the account from you. But before you begin, know that I insist upon offering you the hospitality of my house for as long as you stay in my town. My chief arcanist will use this book that you have retrieved to end the sickness that plagues my steading."

"I am sure that your sick wife will recover from her illness with the aid of this book, if indeed the sickness you speak of is indeed a curse." Elise comments, to which the count smiles wanly and nods.

"You will also receive a reward. I have set aside some money for you, and I can resupply you and arrange a wagon for when you leave."

"That's very kind of you, your lordship," you say. He seems immensely pleased to hear you say this.

"I have already eaten, but I know you've been out on the road, so I have had the cook prepare a few things," the count makes a motion to the doorway and no less than three trays are pulled by servants on trolleys to the table, where upon is laid what you would consider a feast of roasted duck, chicken, salted pork, stewed vegetables, roast carrots, string beans, turnips, sausages, meat pies, and several bottles of wine, as well as a cask of mead. You feel certain that some of this will go to waste, though your mouth does water as you start to dig in.

"Good, good," the count says, his eyes still on you. "I'm pleased to see a figure of loveliness with such a healthy appetite."

After taking some time to fill your belly, you eventually regale the noble with your story. You are forced to make up some alternate explanations up on the fly, and you leave out some details, such as Grat's involvement and the plan to use yourself as bait becomes a little less degrading in your telling. When you get to the bit about the chaos crystal and the dragon, the count becomes quite interested indeed, though before he answers a deep, slow voice makes its presence known from a side door to the chamber.

"This is the sort of nonsense one could expect from a monster. Dragonkind has ever been deceitful, spiteful, and bestial in its treatment of humanity, and this case, we shall find, is no different."

An incredibly tall man in dark robes, with sunken, haunted eyes and a large brown beard enters the room. His fingers are adorned with golden bands and bejeweled rings. His fingernails are painted black. His dark brown hair is unkempt and long in the back, though how long is impossible to tell as his thrown back cowl hides it.

"Ah," Count Ivan says, his expression going a little stale at this man's interest. "This would be D'Graz, my arcanist."

"My lord," D'Graz continues, striding slowly to the table with his hands folded behind him. "I do not call this lovely young vision a liar. But by her own admission, she is a scholar of dragonkind from a most - shall we say - apologetic viewpoint. It would seem she has a romanticized view of dragon kind that forgets the horror and devastation of the Dragon Wars."

D'Graz waves a ringed finger. "But I hail from Ozakesh, and the mountain kingdom does not forget how the dragons used deceit as well as might to weaken our civilization. They love to be worshiped, these dragons. Love to dupe humans and other creatures into doing their bidding, advancing their plans while they sit in their lairs upon their stolen hoards for centuries as their puppets play out a drama of their own fanciful creation."

He twirls his beard with his fingers as he walks behind you, still talking.

"This 'chaos' crystal for instance. The dragon has told you that its use is purely to summon abyssal forces. This is like saying that an axe is only used for war, and discounting its design to fell trees with which to make houses. The crystal is a conduit to other planes. It could just as easily summon angels."

"But that's clearly not what it was being used for," Hadrian says, some irritation in his voice.

"No, it was not. But we have only a dragon's word that it was a human cabal that was trying to misuse this vitally important tool for nefarious deeds. Everyone else in the temple - priests, kobolds, even another dragon - were conveniently dead and unable to back up the tale."

"But the demon was attacking the dragon!" You say, frustrated with what this D'Graz is insinuating.

"That dragon would not be the first foolish being to summon a powerful demon and end up paying the price for its idiocy," D'Graz waves away your objection as if it were nothing to him. "The point I make is simple: that you are taking a dragon's word at face value. And not just any dragon, but one directly sired by Xaranthezar the Immolator - the most ruthless and bloodthirsty dragon to have risen out of the ashes of the Shattering. To a creature so long lived, I would imagine this to be some unholy scheme to wipe out humanity once and for all. Never. Trust. A dragon."

He tut tuts and waves his finger, before scooping up the book of Røse and thumbing irreverently through its pages.

"At least your journey was not a total farce. I will be able to make great use out of this tome. Your wife and the suffering people of Barrowbridge will be released from this cursed malady."

"What exactly is this malady?" Elise asks.

"Oh, it will not have a name that you are familiar with, dear priestess. It is magical in nature, necromantic in origin if I am not mistaken - and I never am. But the High Arcanist Røse was, in his day, an excellent researcher into all things necromantic. If there is a key to unlocking the mystery of this curse, it will be in this book that you have so heroicly supplied me. Er. Us."

He bows ever so slightly to the count, who looks away as if somewhat embarrassed by the tall man. Though he nods and makes a gesture before saying:

"Thank you, D'Graz, for providing your opinion on these matters. I am sure that you will be hard at work on deciphering the magic needed to dispel the curse."

"I shall begin right away, milord. Have no fear." The arcanist smiles and holds the book to his chest before walking away from the table and leaving the chamber.

"I am terribly sorry for the way D'Graz came across, my dear." The count places a hand on yours and rubs a thumb gently across your knuckles. "He is indeed from Ozakesh, and you will never convince such a man to have sympathy for dragons. I must take into consideration what he says, as he is my arcanist and advisor and he has always proven to be a very intelligent man, but I would never for a moment discount your intuitions. Certainly, there was bravery in the beast to face its own end so nobly."

The meal winds down and you have a choice about what you wish to do next this evening. (C)

1. Make your excuses to the count, take your reward and leave the keep to go to the tavern. You've had your fill of nobles and arcanists and want to forget your foul mood in drink.

2. Politely accept the count's apology, but go to sleep without discussing the matter further. A good night's rest, undisturbed, so that you can leave this town behind early in the morning and get on with your own quest.

3. Accept the count's apology and try to reason with him to see your point of view in earnest. The count seems to be a reasonable man after all, maybe if you spent a little more time with him, he would see that the crystal is a danger that must be kept off limits - especially to men like D'Graz.

4. This whole business with D'Graz seems suspicious. Haters gonna hate, you know that, but still, the casual revelation that Røse was a necromancer, and the nature of this disease in Barrowbridge is setting of alarm bells. Maybe you should use tonight to investigate D'Graz.

5. (Suggest something else? There are honestly plenty of scenarios that could come of this. You could try playing your song. You could try talking with Hadrian and/or Elise. This option is really here to let you have greater input on the game.)

Cevrik777

Sex Demon
Reputation score

- Of course! What could go wrong?
- Dexterity: I tend to find this stat very helpful in stories such as this.
- Oooh, a hard choice... but I think I'll go with 4. Drink can wait.

moonblack

Reputation score

Take the hand
Dexterity
4 - he's just too suspicious...

maxentius-septimus

Reputation score

Take hand I'm hoping to make some kind of demon fighting weapon out of it.
Dexterity
C4 This may fall under 5, if the opportunity arises use our song to cause him to give a passionate evil villain speech about his plans.

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

No
Dex

Last edited:

omegau

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Yes, take the hand.
Dexterity is much to important!
4. He has a beard. That's reason enough to not trust him.

Termite

A bug
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Don't know why I'm voting since it seems pretty locked, but here I go.

A - No
Considering the party's condition walking around with a corruptive item doesn't sound like the best of plans...

B - Charisma
Stringer, more effective songs, and if we're going to talk to less friendly dragons then I'd rather ingratiate myself upon them instead of becoming their meal.

C - 4
Though I do like that suggestion about the song. Inspiring a potential villain to go all evil monologue sounds all kinds of hilarious if done in the right place.

tomaito89

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Don't know why I'm voting since it seems pretty locked, but here I go.

A - No
Considering the party's condition walking around with a corruptive item doesn't sound like the best of plans...

B - Charisma
Stringer, more effective songs, and if we're going to talk to less friendly dragons then I'd rather ingratiate myself upon them instead of becoming their meal.

C - 4
Though I do like that suggestion about the song. Inspiring a potential villain to go all evil monologue sounds all kinds of hilarious if done in the right place.
This. This makes sense. It has my endorsement.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

It is still some time before you can excuse yourself from the count's presence, as he insists that you join him for an after dinner digestive. Elise has no trouble accepting the invitation and practically says yes on your behalf. Hadrian makes the excuse that his duties as a knight forbid drink and says that he is going to retire to prayer and bed.

You sigh forlornly as the paladin disappears down the long halls. You'll have to do this investigation without him apparently.

After downing one small glass of incredibly strong, thick, and syrupy port wine, you sit down on a divan to listen to the count regale you with the story of his lands, of the wars his father and grandfather fought to defend family honor and the hope that he has for a growing peace between his small kingdom of Dal and its mighty neighbor to the north, the Nhemian Empire.

"Of course, our peoples share a common ancestry, so there's no reason that a permanent truce should be reached," Count Ivan droned on and on. "But the Nhemites have a nightmare of a political system, what with elective monarchy and all. Shocking oddity of their culture really. The old Emperor died quite unexpectedly they say, and I wouldn't rule poison out. The grand houses all put forth their electors and the new victor - well, let's just say that the rumors suggest him to be far too obsessed with his new dwarven-made steam engines than concerned with economically feasible politics. The treaty really is thrown into dan--"

Your head begins to tip forward, nearly falling asleep, but you snort yourself back upright and wipe some drool away from the corner of your mouth with your sleeve. You look to your right, where Elise is draining her fourth or fifth tipple from the port bottle. She seems quite amused, which is only encouraging the count.

"Excuse me," you say in your most gracious and apologetic voice. "My lord, I find your tales fascinating, but my mind is so heavy with sleep. I really do apologize, but I fear I must be off to bed."

"O-oh I... but of course, dear Ariel. How silly of me. Please, I shall have a servant bring you to your chamber, or perhaps I could myself accompany you-"

"No thank you," you say, fearing you may have been too abrupt. "No thank you milord, I can find it well enough. Seasoned adventuress you know, infallible nose for direction."

You tap the side of your nose for effect, which earns a slight grin from the count along with a slump of his shoulders. You are quite worried that this nobleman with an apparently dying young wife is far too concerned with ingratiating himself to you, but you wisely choose to downplay it.

Supporting Elise on your shoulder, you make your way back to the adjacent rooms that you have with the priestess. With a heave, you fling her onto her own bed.

"Wheeee!" Elise giggles and follows this swiftly up with a hiccup.

You sigh and take off her slippers and put a cover over her. You guess the priestess will be of no use to you tonight either. Making your way over to your own room, you check on your possessions. Everything seems to be here, including the foul hand of Nragus, which you vow to get an extra bag for as the nasty black blood of the limb has seeped into your back pack. Yick.

You pick up your flute, running your fingertips lightly over the instrument. It was a gift from your first love, a man unlike any other, certainly. He shared your passion for the knowledge of dragons, and if anything, he ignited it in you with his particular insights from old texts he claimed to have read in his boyhood home. What would he think of you now, if he could hear your new dragon song? The whistful memory catches you by surprise and you stand for several minutes, remembering things from bygone years.

At last you rouse yourself, and thinking better about your upcoming task, wrap around your waist your sword belt which holds your sheath and dueling rapier. Your current dress is not the best garment for fighting, though it does compliment your figure well. If this D'Graz really is the evil person you believe him to be (and he has a beard, so you're preeeeetty sure he is), then you wonder if taking him on alone really is the best course of action.

1. He's only one man, and once you've exposed him with your song, you'll either fight and defeat him yourself, for glory, or get away to report him to the count or one of your companions.

2. You should try waking Hadrian up. Your certain the paladin will understand your suspicions about D'Graz and totally not see it as an excuse to slip into his bedroom at night.

3. You could find the count and bring your suspicions directly to him.

4. You should sneak out of the keep and recruit some local help from the inn.

5. You should sneak out of the keep and find Grat to help you. Kobold plans will surely work.

6. (Suggest a better, or more elaborate plan.)