What's new

What made you feel giddy today?

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: What made you feel giddy today?

Grats! Though I have to ask what the series is and if it's still going after 11 years *laughs*

Hopeyouguess62

Has a penis diamiter of 4.5cm
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Watched "A Million Ways to Die in the West," Seth MacFarlane's latest live-action film. Laughed my ass off. After the stress of the past few months, I needed some fresh laughs.

Say what you want about Family Guy and American Dad (and the Cleveland Show, which was worse), but MacFarlane makes some funny movies. Do yourself a favor and rent/buy this flick (yeah, yeah, many folks will simply torrent the shit out of it, but I can't very well recommend that in good conscience, what with me being a law-abiding citizen and all that).

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Copper has a new car.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

My package of 36 d6 arrived! Time to pwn some cyberzombies.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Linked for relevance and because the IMG thing is being stupid.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

The only other time yer gonna use that many dice is if yer rolling a Ork Shoota army in 40k.

Hopeyouguess62

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Watching Planet Earth (from BBC Earth) for the first time tonight. It's been five minutes, and I've said "d'aww" five times so far. This show is amazing.

Polar bear cubs and mother, emerging from their den.

Hopeyouguess62

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Bit of a double-post, but it's been three weeks so... whatever. Anyway, I'm playing through Mass Effect 2 for the first time. I know, I know, I'm four years late to this particular party.

Anyway, I just watched Mordin Solus perform " " (sort of). I was getting ready to go make some momentous decisions concerning the universe and making sure all the dialogue was out of the way and... yeah. My jaw about hit the floor from witnessing the sheer level of awesome. Now I just have a silly grin on my face.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

You're fine, Hope. I've yet to start playing the series myself. Mostly due to time and television constraints.

And Dragon Age.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

Nunu plugged the wii u into the xbox, so now I can say "xbox turn off" and the wii turns off.

Smokefish

Needs to go commit sudoku
RP Moderator
Reputation score

More like what made me giddy yesterday.

DEAR OLD DAD came by my place and we went grocery shopping, figured we'd make ourselves some food and have a good time.

So we went shopping, shopped them groceries real good we did, shopped the fuck out of them macaronis and stuff.

And then as we were to leave the parking lot, some slow-ass guy came sloooowly driving into the parking lot, blocking our getaway avenue with his slow ass of a car.

DEAR OLD DAD was less than impressed, and grumbled about the slow-ass guy, and me being the level-headed indifferent person that I am suggested that theres more important things to be mad about than traffic.

While DEAR OLD DAD's mild irritation was diffused, little did I know what I had just done. If only I had known.

So we get back to my place, make ourselves some food, DEAR OLD DAD was curious about trying the chicken sausage I had suggested as replacement for plain ol' FALUKORV, so we got down to business and cooked.

We cooked them macaronis and chicken sausages good. They never stood a chance. Tasty stuff. DEAR OLD DAD found the latter palateable, and that was good. He also didn't use too much salt on the, uh, google says the english term is "creamed macaroni", that just sounds wrong. What is wrong with you people?

Anyhow, in the days of me and my sisters youth he had accidentally used too much salt when cooking creamed macaroni (seriouslyyouenglishpeoplewhatiswrongwithyou), and we'll never forget that just to jab a little at him. Being a DEAR OLD DAD he can take it in stride, or as he says "as long as it is said with a gleam in the eye", you can joke and jab at eachother all in good fun.

Naturally, the jabbing of sides is a two-way street. If only I had foreseen the consequences from commenting on his traffic rage.

So after we had finished eating, we went with our standard procedure; with me sitting down at the computer and doing what I do at it. Absolutely nothing productive whatsoever. With DEAR OLD DAD occupying my couch. He fucking loves my couch for some reason, no doubt a major contributing aspect of why he enjoys chilling at my place.

And since I were at the computer, I figured I'd play some vidya, as I often do. Specificly, I figured I'd play some Firefall to deal with the current event in it. As I hadn't played it for a few days, I had a bunch of event tokens to spend in one go, and I figured the best way to spend them was to use as many of them as possible in one go. This included using non-cash currency to get some cash currency to get a 1-hour long Voucher boost, so I could earn more event vouchers faster with my event tokens.

Naturally, with having a limited time on that boost, and being a right ornery greedy person I wanted to make the absolute most out of that one hour. This meant I had to do the event objective as good as possible to clock in gold-tier rewards over silver-tier rewards.

To recap, limited time boost = pressure, requirement to carry out the objective as good as possible = pressure, this means DOUBLE PRESSURE! WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!

It meant I naturally was more tense, and thus more liable to become frustrated when things didn't turn out as well as I wanted them to.

If only I had known the consequences of my actions.

For the most part I dealt with the objective with flying colors, some gold and some silver, and I had the event objective all for myself. Except that one time.

I started another run shortly after another person. A laggy person. As I pushed my performance in pursuit of gold, I had this one laggy-ass person right infront of me blocking my way. And then the fucker teleport-lagged so I ended up right in his fucking ass, costing me precious time that ensured I wouldn't get gold-tier reward this run.

Naturally, I cursed. This caught DEAR OLD DAD's attention, for even when he's cozy on a couch and reading his newspaper, he ain't oblivious to his surroundings. He asked if things were going well for me. (Sadly he didn't go "You winning, son?", he ain't genre savvy enough)

So I explained the situation, completely oblivious to what I was setting myself up to. Oblivious to the fact I was essentially loading his gun for him. I explained to him the situation, that a slow-ass guy had poor internet and I had ended up ramming into his rear during the racing event.

An event involving players driving their big damn bikes trying to go fast, where I in this one instance had let my temper go due to another driver.

"Son, no need to be upset about traffic." - DEAR OLD DAD, with a grossly incandescent gleam in his eyes.

I stared dumbfounded at him, slowly realizing the errors of my ways... And then I laughed with him over it all.

Cheeki fucking breeki, DEAR OLD DAD. Cheeki fucking breeki.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

My great-grandma always called it stuvade makaroner, though she usually made it with meatballs rather than sausage. I think creamed macaroni would be one of those over literal translations that isn't actually used at least here in America.

Smokefish

Needs to go commit sudoku
RP Moderator
Reputation score

stuvade makaroner, though she usually made it with meatballs rather than sausage
I rate this 10 outa 10. Stuvade Makaroner is correct swedesian for it, and meatballs alongside it is perfection. Falukorv, and similiar sausages, just happens to be close second runners IMO.

Also considering derpbox convo from earlier, you might be right about "creamed macaroni" being a too literal translation. Apparently a recipe I found earlier called it "swedish milk stewed macaronies". <_> That is more accurate but... Bit of a mouthful.

Edit: HA HAH TIME FOR PLAIN REGULAR SWEDISH CHEF MEAL TIME!

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I am now officially craving some, hopefully someone has my great grandma's recipe for meatballs.

At least it's a delicious mouth full. I like the second recipe a little better, just because it has the nutmeg in it.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

NUFF. SAID.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Bacon rice is indeed glorious.

And for me it'd be finding downloads for the OSTs of Patapon 1-3.

Ranger Princess

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Even though the local Panera stopped carrying Autumn Squash Soup, I found out my grocery store still carries it in little refrigerated cartons. SO GOOD. :)

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

I put a Pokemon card up on ebay last week, Charizard EX from the Flashfire series, and today it ended and sold for £16.50. It's not much money in the grand scheme of things, but for one card that I happened to pull from a booster I bought on a whim it's quite a lot. Might see what else I have that I could potentially sell on ebay soon. I know I at least have a Banpresto Darkrai, Infernape, and Gallade plushie that may sell for at least £30 each if people take an interest in them.

Ranger Princess

Tentacle God
Reputation score

My new shirt came from the UK like 2 weeks early! I'm in love with it so much. Going to hell, woohoo!