Braemir

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Aegis - Thousand Years War

Gamesite:

Wiki:

Gameplay Video:

Chat Room:

"Prince, the kindness that have you shown ... is it only for me?" - Pure White Shooter Nanaly

Screenshots

Idol Soma-chan's range on the map Rural Gate.

Black Rarity Valkyrie, Kurisa.

Current Event

Short Summary

Braemir: Tower Defense Game from DMM. You have units you level and missions to do, as well as dailies and events.

Draa/Dragonpaladin: High difficulty, time consuming tower defense game that revolves around consistent events. Never involve yourself in the campaign event until you are ready for it. It results in a lot of frustration and wasted time/resource. You have been warned.

On the other hand, this is an excellent game strategy wise and training wise. Seeing the girls (and boys) that you have raised with affectionate care (man doesn't have affection, but most of us in the community would rather they do, friendship bonus I mean) rofl stamping the maps you once had problems with is the most enjoyable feeling possible.

This game is ridiculously fast pace the first time you challenge a new map. You should really refer to the wiki for a quick video reference before you start. Knowledge of Japanese isn't a must, but it's required to a certain extent to quickly get involved. (No english means that you need some time to get use to the interface)

Ragnelle: One of the few browser-based tower defense games. This is actually somewhat rare on the market considering that its direct competitors (nationally) tends to be card-battle or RPG-type games. Has a sizable following (especially for something made in Japan - they broke the 100k mark last month. Most browser based games are aiming for ~20k or so).

Game depth is on par with classical grid-based tactic games. Characters are distinctive, and the attempt at storytelling is actually reasonable for a browser-based game. Shows hallmarks of classical Japanese-styled game design (Another hot browser based game, KOEI's のぶニャがの野望 comes to mind). By far one of DMM's unfriendly game to new users. Gacha and rare drops are very RNG heavy. The gameplay itself is very unforgiving to new players who doesn't use the wiki or read up on things ahead of time. Be prepared to either shell out money, spend a lot of time, or both. (Draa: time >> money in this case)

The H content is negligible and can be avoided almost entirely. There's not much there for those of you who are actually interested in the naughty bits. Different from the h-scenes (almost an afterthought) almost all points out the game itself is very good (read: addictive).

FruitSmoothie: Seems to require a lot of attention so far, which makes the usual mmo grind extremely boring. It's not the kind of game you can easily multitask with other games. The art seems good but the H scenes were just a still image and some dialogue without voicing. There are more guy characters than girl characters, so if you're in it for cute girl art/h scenes, it's not the best choice. I only played for a while so I'm sure I missed a lot of things, but I wouldn't recommend it for most people. There are better choices for games on DMM in my opinion. A Tower Defense mmo just isn't working out too well.

Draa: *looks at the way FruitSmoothie is doing his best to catch up on the grind to attend last event campaign* Yup, the game has come a long way. A tower defense mmo is indeed working out and we are playing it, enjoying it, and raging at it.

Aniya~ *sheep bawing please ignore*

Basic Menus

Mission Menu: Brings you to two different fight types. The first one is story/regular mission, the second one is daily mission (various according to week day). The last is event mission, difficulty various greatly as get farther into the event.

Quest Menu: Takes you to maps where you can farm gifts for your girls, there's also a chance that you'll find fairy girls here. They are multiplier for the EXP share shown below in the 2nd option of the People Icon. Fairy's are also used for upgrading the class of fighters apparently, we will get into class change later

Unit Menu: Brings you to your roster menu.

1st option:

Adds/removes fighters. Nothing you do in this menu will delete characters permanently, so don't worry. The blue bar will just sort them by different things. It's kind of a clunky menu to navigate through.

2nd option:

Brings you to some menu that will sacrifice characters to level another fighter. The first character you choose will be the one gaining the exp. Then you can put 1-4 fighters in the slots on the left, click the red button and they will be eaten to level the character on the right. This costs some gold.

3rd option:

Just seems to bring you to a detailed character info sheet.

4th option:

Sells a fighter.

Shrine: Gacha/Class Change Unit/Restore

1) Left Red Button - Shows % chance of the 5 & 3 crystal gacha drop rates

2) Right Red Button - Allows you to class change a unit.

3) Left Blue Button - Restores all your charisma for 1 Blue Crystal

4) Right Blue Button - Restores all your stamina for 1 Blue Crystal

5) Top Unit Pic - 5 Blue Crystals (Highest chance at Black/Plat units)

6) Middle Unit Pic - 3 Blue Crystals (Mostly Gold/Silver units)

7) Lowers Unit Pic - 1 Free Daily, 2000 gold otherwise (Mostly Iron/Bronze)

Gem Shop: Red Shard Shop, used to trade a currency known as red shards for certain items in the shop. The usual line-up aren’t worth it, outside of the gold unit and black fairy.

Cash Shop: Buy Magic Crystals/Buffs/Etc

1) You can select this to buy Magic Crystals (blue angel icons)

2) You can spend 1 Holy Crystal to increase your camp size by 4 (max 108)

3) You can spend 3 Holy Crystals to increase exp gain by 50% for 15 earth days

4) You can spend 3 Holy Crystals to increase gold gain by 50% for 15 earth days

5) You can spend 5 Holy Crystals to increase starting sortie by 5 for 15 days.

Options: Settings/Info: Listed from top the bottom

1) Notices

2) Title for Prince: These are buffs the Prince gets based on level. Only one can be active at a

time.

3) Help (opens up multiple help sub-menus, easier to refer to us here)

4) You can enter promo codes here

5) Toggle music and sound

6) Shows your daily login bonus calendar

7) Returns you to the start menu (Can cause a 403 error)

Harem: First option gives girls gifts that raise their stats and their favor/affection ratings. Reaching certain amounts of affection levels with the girls will unlock H scenes (Usually 25-30% and 100%). There’s a cap of 50% affection pre class change for any girl that is able to. The second option in the menu is the H scene selection. These are just still images it seems with some dialogue.

Gifts:

The bouquet of flowers raises favor by 1-2%

The crystal raises favor by 2-3%

The ruby raises favor by 3-4%

The diamond raises favor by 4-5%

Requirement to Play

Braemir: Must have a DMM account. Also, you need to have your computer time set to Tokoyo Osaka UTC+9 time. Recommend using Chrome to play.

Draa: Or rather, chrome is the only way to play any browser game

Important Tips: Don’t regret afterwards

Ragnelle & edits by Draa: At the absolute beginning of the game, never "eat" your silver units. Eating refers to the act of sacrificing one of your units so your other units can gain EXP, as shown in the second menu. Many of them are actually quite viable. If you have to eat them, at least use fairies and pump up their level to ~21 or so because higher level units yield more experience.

Fairies give 2x bonus corresponding to the proper fairy rarity. Resulting in 8x in total (3 fairies) along with your sacrificed unit.

Cardinal rule of the game: raise who you like. There's plenty of hilarious builds out there (all dragon soldiers, all bandits, you get the idea). Draa: not that they will always work, but favorite > efficiency works most of the time. Since character grows significantly due to affection points and outside of a few character, there are no bad characters to invest in.

Take things slow. Do not, under any circumstance, feed on Valerie (Silver Mage) or Calliope (Silver Witch). This results in instant regret and isn't recoverable for non-cash users.

Valkyries and bandits are best sources of EXP food because the former gives more EXP/per level AND only promotes other Valkyries. Bandits has the second lowest number of useful promotions, hence why they're appropriate. Note, all male characters gives more exp than female. (Silver 150 versus 300, gold 250 versus 750 exp) Also, valkyrie wise Mischa (short black hair) >> Elen (pink hair) and Elen is one of the noticeable bad character to be investing in. (Due to HP affection bonus, same with Carry (green haired) valkyrie)

If possible, save at least one copy of each silver unit for class changes. CC refers to class change. Think of Fire Emblem - in FE you can class change at 10 but you lose out on stats. Same thing here. Characters CC at level 30, but can go up to level 50. Rule of thumb is to 50CC anything silver+. Don't go for a 50CC on silver unless you're a completionist. There are perks to having an early CC if it means you can get through an event vs. none. Event characters in this game never disappoints.

For silvers, if you don't have any characters you actually like, go for CC'd healer, heavy armor, and mage as your first priorities.

In more details:

•If the silver healer Arisa (long blue hair) isn’t your favorite, go ahead and 30CC her, the other silver healer doruka (short black hair) has more copies available to cost reduce her

•Rean the silver heavy armor should always be 50CCed unless you have a better HA

•Mage wise, unless you really need a warlock, valerie should be 50CCed. Keep in mind most of the time, you can use bronze mage to do Valerie’s job. But some times, a bronze mage’s damage/range just doesn’t cut it

Crystal-based gacha spins are very, very bad. It's AIGIS's most ingenious trap. Unless you feel extremely luck, don't care, or is throwing money at AIGIS, save your crystals for refills, boosts (especially event-specific boosts) and card slots. In particular, the 3-crystal spin is one of the most hilariously inefficient spins out there, and is only statistically good if you only want to get up to gold units.

Drops are pre-determined based on when you load in. Mobs will drop the same item consistently - eg. in aerial battle the last mob will always drop a fairy if you "rolled" a fairy for the stage. The 8th mob's always a gem, etc.

Unit Stats

Current level (Exp to next level)

HP

Attack

Defense

Amount of enemies the fighter can block at one time (physical fighter), range of attack (ranged fighter)

Cost to put on the field

Newbie Guide by ExKale

http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showpost.php?p=603000&postcount=3643

Unit Translation by lucifer4444

http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showpost.php?p=573066&postcount=2146

Some useful post to look at.

http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showpost.php?p=562609&postcount=1602
http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showpost.php?p=579048&postcount=2586
http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showpost.php?p=590961&postcount=3160
http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showpost.php?p=585315&postcount=2940 - Skill Increase Chances

Codes for Free Units courtsey of Petite Soeur
Gold Rogue Kyuteri: aigisgot
Gold Heavy Armour Berenice: aigiscomic
Gold Archer Claire: dokidokiminami
Gold Healer Iris (Plat Healer Camilla if under rank 9) : 5kye344conf3wmu

Guide Credit: Dragonpaladin, Fruitsmoothie, and Braemir

Last edited:

Zodiark69

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Aegis Thousand Year War - DMM Online Game

You should post the link to the game, if you could. And to get an error, is rather odd, given it's not a region locked game.

OP
B

Braemir

Cthulhu
Reputation score

://www.dmm.co.jp/netgame/social/-/gadgets/=/app_id=156462/

Link to the game. It errors out after hitting start and letting it finish loading.

Zodiark69

Tentacle God
Reputation score

AH, this problem. I've had it before. I just ended up deleting the cookies, and the problem went away. Try that first.

OP
B

Braemir

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Nope, that didn't seem to work. Dang, and I like tower defense games. I'll keep playing with settings. Maybe something is causing a conflict.

OP
B

Braemir

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Nope, that didn't seem to work. Dang, and I like tower defense games. I'll keep playing with settings. Maybe something is causing a conflict.
Looking at the forums for the game from the site, it seems several people have issues loading the game. So it might be a program error.

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I have the same error, and I also like defence games like this or Goddess of Iron Clad.

Hope it gets fixed fast.

Ashurmen

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Quick tip save all your 3 stars units, you need it for job evolution.
you can upgrade your unit job at level 30+

motai

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

anyone have any luick in figuring out why some of you can play this and most of us cant? block on NA ip addresses or something?

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

I can access every other game on DMM aside from this one. Confusing this is, as I have little to no moonrune reading ability so I have no idea whats up right now. Could it be some manner of server maintenance shenanigans?

HentaiProdigy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

That DMM site doesn't work at all for me. Sometimes when I try to access it, it asks me if I'm 18+ or not. When I press yes, it loads the same page again, asking me the same question again. Other times, such as right now, I can try to register. I enter a mail address and a password, I get a confirmation email, I click the link and I get sent to a site with all japanese characters instead of engrish. I go back to the original page and try to login with my just made credentials, and guess what? I get an error, saying either my password or my mail is incorrect. Seems like a fishy site to begin with, but I didn't expect it to be so... broken.

finale00

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The game sends a request to but doesn't get any good results.

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

And the game has gone 2nd place but I still can't get to play after it loads...Really now.

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

Probably in second from everyone reloading to get the game working.

chuenlee

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

same here cannot play the game but i think the ranking drop to 3rd. kind of sad hahaha :(

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Loads up and seems fine, gets past the start menu and then I get an empty box with an OK button. Clicking this button just brings up the same box and button. Werd.

This time it worked lol. I think the only difference is that I was playing around with the tabs below the screen and trying to look/read things there, so I didn't click on the game screen at all. Maybe clicking too fast causes problems?

Here's a little quick guide from playing for about an hour:

Menus:

Sword Icon: Brings you to two different fight types. I'm not quite sure what the difference between the blue and red one is, but the blue one seems to start off at a much higher/harder difficulty setting.

Flag Icon: Takes you to maps where you can farm gifts for your girls, there's also a chance that you'll find fairy girls here. Their only use so far seems to be as a multiplier for the EXP share shown below in the 2nd option of the People Icon. Fairy's are also used for upgrading the class of fighters apparently, see Ashurmen's post below this for more details.

People Icon: Brings you to your roster menu.

1st option:
Adds/removes fighters. Nothing you do in this menu will delete characters permanently, so don't worry. The blue bar will just sort them by different things. It's kind of a clunky menu to navigate through.

2nd option:
Brings you to some menu that will sacrifice characters to level another fighter. The first character you choose will be the one gaining the exp. Then you can put 1-4 fighters in the slots on the left, click the red button and they will be eaten to level the character on the right. This costs some gold.

3rd option:
Just seems to bring you to a detailed character info sheet.

4th option
Sells a fighter.

Building-Looking Icon: Seems to bring you to some shop? I'm not quite sure what these do.

Scale Icon: Is still locked for me, so I don't know what it does. By my years of mmos, I'd guess it's some kind of trading post that unlocks at a certain point.

Angel Icon: Seems like a cash shop

Book Icon: Seems to be options or help menu? Fuck I pressed one of these and it took me back to the menu, now I'm getting a 403 error x.X

Heart Icon: First option gives girls gifts that raise their stats and their H percentage bar. Reaching certain amounts will unlock scenes. These are just still images it seems with some dialogue. The flowers seem to raise HP by 3, I' m not sure on the others yet as they seem rarer. Oh the red gem raised HP by 6 and I believe gave more H percentage than the flowers.

Stats:

Current level (Max level?)
HP
Attack
Defense
Amount of enemies the fighter can block at one time (physical fighter), range of attack (ranged fighter)
Cost to put on the field

Quick review:

Seems to require a lot of attention so far, which makes the usual mmo grind extremely boring. It's not the kind of game you can easily multitask with other games. The art seems good but the H scenes were just a still image and some dialogue without voicing. There are more guy characters than girl characters, so if you're in it for cute girl art/h scenes, it's not the best choice. I only played for a while so I'm sure I missed a lot of things, but I wouldn't recommend it for most people. There are better choices for games on DMM in my opinion. A Tower Defense mmo just isn't working out too well.

Last edited:

Ashurmen

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Notes: fairies are used for upgrade the class of your unit at level 30; but it's better to level the unit to 50 before upgrade (like allways).

-You can upgrade the class of all silver, gold ,platinum and black units.

-there is no upgrade for your hero and for the Princess class.

-you need silver fairy for silver unit, gold fairy for gold unit, etc etc

-Black fairy can only be found in the daily battle each wednesday.

-save all your silver unit they are used to for the upgrade.

-The second H scene is only available if you upgrade your unit (you are stuck at 50% if you don't upgrade); of course you can hit the 100% with a princess unit without upgrade.

-The current event is a free giveaway of gold units (if you are lucky enough to complete the 3 fairy collection of each stage of the event)

-once upgraded your unit can level again to level 50 for silver unit, 60 for gold, 70 for platinium, 80 for black.

List of silver units
Gold one
Platinium one
Black one

Last edited:

ac124

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I've tried a bunch and this is by far the best netgame on dmm outside of kancore. The difficulties scale well for harder stages. There's actually thinking involved in when and where to place your units. Free players have tons of chances to get gold and platinum units during events and the free gacha can actually drop the rarest units unlike most other free gachas.

motai

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

would love to try it still getting a blank box with ok that doesnt go away every time i try to load it. hour waiting and less doesnt matter still refuses to load correctly or whatever it is that is screwed up.

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

would love to try it still getting a blank box with ok that doesnt go away every time i try to load it. hour waiting and less doesnt matter still refuses to load correctly or whatever it is that is screwed up.
Yeah, good luck getting the game to actually work. Seems like it's just random chance if it even lets you past the starting screen, then there are bugs that crash you back to the start and you get locked out again. Not fun at all. I stopped trying. This game didn't seem worth the hassle.

Last edited: