2016/04/01 - (~14mb)
2015/11/30 - (~13mb)
2015/09/17 - (~12mb)
2015/07/19 - (~12mb)
2015/06/16 - (~12mb)
2015/04/25 - (~11mb)
2015/03/04 - (~10mb)
2015/01/30 - (~10mb)

Play as a heroine with the valor and audacity to enter the arduous Gauntlet to redeem the nobility of her family. Do battle with waves of horny and deprived enemies in an arena sitting atop a pillar as you survive the Gauntlet. ~

Gameplay
- Top-down sword-fighting action(?). Slay waves of enemies and amass gold.
- Use gold to buy and level-up numerous active and passive skills to improve heroine's combat capabilities.
- Engage bosses and beat them to unlock more sex sprite animations.
Controls
Player
Movement: Directional keys
Attack: "C" key
Skills: "A", "S", "D" keys

AoA is gamepad compatible! Set up keys in the pause menu.

View
Restart: "F2" key
Windowed/Full-screen: "F4" key
Zoom-in/zoom-out: Space key

In Menus
Pause Menu: "Enter" key
Exit Menu: "Esc" key

Accept/Yes: "Enter" key
Return: "Esc" key

Extras
Numpad 0: Trips the player (or press Ctrl)
Numpad 5: Spawns more random enemies (or press '0')
Key '7' : Enable/disable debug text
Screens

I was thinking maybe it's about time I get the word out for Arena of Audacia (previously known as Project AoD) and post it here in ULMF. AoA is still early alpha but it should be of playable state right now. It could use more feedback so I hope the ULMF forums could suggest improvements, as well as test-play the game for bugs, glitches and errors.

After having left Labcoax in a hiatus, I hope AoA could make up for the inconveniences caused to those following the development. Tell me what you think!

Known issues:
  1. Some have reported Windows x86 or x64 compatibility issues. Tell me in the comments alongside your Windows ver if you experience this.
  2. You might run into a fatal error (game will abort) stating "instance cannot be found". I have applied some codes to curb this error but I might have missed some parts.
  3. Antiviruses are sensitive to GameMaker games somehow. If you downloaded from datanony.blogspot or ULMF or steamy forums, it is safe!

Last edited:

JAB

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Arena of Audacia (AoA) - Top-down ARPG

Good timing. I was actually waiting for 0.5 to start a thread for this game. TBH I like it better than Labcoax. Can't wait for this game to be completed

Current releases:
2015/04/25 - (~11mb)
2015/03/04 - (~10mb)
2015/01/30 - (~10mb)
Are you planning to sell the full game, or are you accepting donations/Patreon/etc or both?

Soljer13

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Is there a possibility of getting non-human enemies?

shinjai

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm definitely liking what there is so far. The gameplay is quite addictive. I look forward to further development and would definitely consider purchasing/donating towards this game.

OP
datanony

datanony

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Good timing. I was actually waiting for 0.5 to start a thread for this game. TBH I like it better than Labcoax. Can't wait for this game to be completed

Are you planning to sell the full game, or are you accepting donations/Patreon/etc or both?
Hah! Beat ya to it. Currently no plans for patreon, only sell if I ever get it to a stable v1.0.

How does AoA play so far? Does it cause performance issues? Drops in fps?

Is there a possibility of getting non-human enemies?
Yeah I've been thinking it too that having non-human enemies would certainly appeal to a wider audience. Yes I can add them but will be at a much later stage though.

Report:
1. Apparently there's GUI bug where going into fullscreen using ALT+ENTER instead of F4 will cause it to not scale properly.

Corona123

Lurker
Reputation score

Greate game love it hope to se alot more content later on! :)

Soljer13

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Thanks for the positive on non-human enemies. Though i should have worded it better, non-humanoid would be more like it. Dragons, slimes, woman raping plants, minotaurs/centaurs, nagas etc.?

Wveth

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I don't like a lot of Hgames 'cause they focus on non-humanoid enemies. I mean, put them in there, just don't forget about the folks who like the humanoids!

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

are there tentacles down there??

shuzi

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

This reminds me of "only one" with H content. Well, I like the game, keep it up :p

OP
datanony

datanony

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I'm definitely liking what there is so far. The gameplay is quite addictive. I look forward to further development and would definitely consider purchasing/donating towards this game.
Glad you like it. There's still much work to do before it gets to v1.0 though

Thanks for the positive on non-human enemies. Though i should have worded it better, non-humanoid would be more like it. Dragons, slimes, woman raping plants, minotaurs/centaurs, nagas etc.?
I don't like a lot of Hgames 'cause they focus on non-humanoid enemies. I mean, put them in there, just don't forget about the folks who like the humanoids!
The obstacle to this would be to make them compatible with the existing player sex animations already made. There can be non-humanoids and all but remember AoA is suppose to be small, probably about 60-70 rounds for v1.0 so there might not be enough space to incorporate all of them. Maybe much muuuch later when I am able to add content to a completed AoA. Can't over promise!

are there tentacles down there??
Maybe. There's suppose to be a higher reso animation planned for "Giving up" when defeated by falling off but it is low priority now.

OnyxShadow

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Its a solid demo, and I rather enjoyed it. The combat is simplistic so far but interesting enough. The difficulty was just about right. It gets a little hectic after a certain number of enemies appear at the same time, though. Although there wasn't a lot of detail, the animations made excellent use of every pixel. I'm definitely intrigued by how this develops.

My only question is what (if any) significance there is to the "Finish Him" announcement after defeating the boss. Is there something special you can do? Personally, I think that would be a great time to be able to do a female-dominant animation like her riding the boss. Then again, having a noble do such a thing may not fit the game's story and tone. I just think its hot. :cool:

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Its a solid demo, and I rather enjoyed it. The combat is simplistic so far but interesting enough. The difficulty was just about right. It gets a little hectic after a certain number of enemies appear at the same time, though. Although there wasn't a lot of detail, the animations made excellent use of every pixel. I'm definitely intrigued by how this develops.

My only question is what (if any) significance there is to the "Finish Him" announcement after defeating the boss. Is there something special you can do? Personally, I think that would be a great time to be able to do a female-dominant animation like her riding the boss. Then again, having a noble do such a thing may not fit the game's story and tone. I just think its hot. :cool:
having her drive her heel into him might be appropriate

OP
datanony

datanony

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

This reminds me of "only one" with H content. Well, I like the game, keep it up :p
That was immediately my thought after having played "Only One", so I embarked on the project that is now AoA. I have a rotten rotten mind.

Good to hear you enjoyed the demo. I foresee more difficulty in animating the 4-person sex sprites as I attempt to squeeze more participants into the already little compact animations.

The "Finish" was actually to have the players hit the "downed enemy" like a pinata for more drops. The rest about the "Finish Him" mechanics will be a secret so *shhhhh*.
PLANNED: Yes you will be able to rape downed bosses later

having her drive her heel into him might be appropriate
Then this would really turn into Mortal Kombat!

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

Nice to see this still coming along! I do like the 'starting' animation where she rips her dress like that hahaha.

Reputation score

Love the concept. Nice to see you inventing and I hope you pull through the monotomy of making it actually work :)

That said, you can probably look for example from different games already in the market. Heck, you could probably check Gauntlet and see what makes it work. Take a few simple moves and see how far you can mix them.

I'd be happy if only one beast was added -as long as it has a variety of animations and situations. PC raping others doesn't really fit into the theme, though, as the goal of the player is to avoid it and the AI to hit it. Pun intended ;)

OP
datanony

datanony

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Nice to see this still coming along! I do like the 'starting' animation where she rips her dress like that hahaha.
Well she's serious about it! In actuality I was lazy, its the simplest intro sequence I could think of. Oops.

Love the concept. Nice to see you inventing and I hope you pull through the monotomy of making it actually work :)

That said, you can probably look for example from different games already in the market. Heck, you could probably check Gauntlet and see what makes it work. Take a few simple moves and see how far you can mix them.

I'd be happy if only one beast was added -as long as it has a variety of animations and situations. PC raping others doesn't really fit into the theme, though, as the goal of the player is to avoid it and the AI to hit it. Pun intended ;)
Yeah I feel theme is really important too but I know very little of game immersion design and will leave it up to the player (via providing them choice to sex) to control their immersion instead of pigeon holing them. I'm guessing that's why people like mods?

souldead341

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Maybe if you include possible increased rewards for "crowd enjoyment" for raping the boss, but increase the risk of a bad end?

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score

I'm liking this a lot. Sad to see that the development of the platformer game is stalled, but nevermind.

If you plan to include non-human enemies in the future, a lion, cyclops or some shit like that would be acceptable to the theme of the game. Good luck!

Also, this is going to my list!

OP
datanony

datanony

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Maybe if you include possible increased rewards for "crowd enjoyment" for raping the boss, but increase the risk of a bad end?
Now now that's like a reward on top of a reward. Let's keep AoA simple because I'm not a super-dev afterall.

I'm liking this a lot. Sad to see that the development of the platformer game is stalled, but nevermind.

If you plan to include non-human enemies in the future, a lion, cyclops or some shit like that would be acceptable to the theme of the game. Good luck!

Also, this is going to my list!
Awesome! Well I still have the assets for Labcoax and they could still be re-used! And yup, gotta keep the theme true.

Plans for v0.6:
  • Unlocks handler for unlocking animations and skills
  • Round selector menu (up to highest stage reached)
  • 2 more skills
  • 2 more enemies
  • Might work on the BGM audio

There's still much to do so I better get to it.