What's new

RPG Patreon Active RPG Maker [SweGabe] Legend of Queen Opala: Origin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Legend of Queen Opala: Origin

Save file for those who don't want to put in the effort to complete everything. File has gone through all 3 versions and has all cgs I could find in them. Game is currently set on Western since that was the last run I did.

Can start over and change the art selection or character portrait by going to items and using the orb of restoration if desired.

P.S. Fuck Broncallos, never killing 30 of them again.

Attachments

unitydragon3

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hay I need some help i just can't find the lock pick.Can anyone tell me were is. thanks.

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hay I need some help i just can't find the lock pick.Can anyone tell me were is. thanks.
Before you get framed for the king's murder, you talk to a guy sitting on a bench on the east side of town. He'll give you information on a criminal you were chasing or something like that who you'll find under the tavern. She gives you the lock pick.

loopy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Not exactly a spoiler: If you're not above cheating, all the Onyx stuff from 2 is still in the game. Broncallos take quite a few whacks, even with ultimate spells if you cheat your way to level 90ish and only have the best stuff you can buy. Edit in those Onyx weapons, and two regular attacks will do it.

Personally, I've already done a couple of runs with betas, and not enough has changed to really make it worth replaying fully. So I extract the archive, and make a couple of the early enemies drop Onyx weapons and give ridiculous experience and money.

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Save file for those who don't want to put in the effort to complete everything. File has gone through all 3 versions and has all cgs I could find in them. Game is currently set on Western since that was the last run I did.

Can start over and change the art selection or character portrait by going to items and using the orb of restoration if desired.

Huh, you can restart with the same save after finishing only this first part?

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Huh, you can restart with the same save after finishing only this first part?
Yep, and you can use the orb at any point in the game once you get it. Nothing resets though, all chests are still opened, Farah can't flash more people, etc.

loopy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Here's an INI file for SGEdit that should cover everything. A lot of what's there is currently cruft from LoQO 2, so playing around with that stuff is at your own risk. Some of it will have no effect whatsoever, but flipping certain switches could have odd results, if Gabe has only half implemented whatever is attached to them.

Attachments

kayhole

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Here's an INI file for SGEdit that should cover everything. A lot of what's there is currently cruft from LoQO 2, so playing around with that stuff is at your own risk. Some of it will have no effect whatsoever, but flipping certain switches could have odd results, if Gabe has only half implemented whatever is attached to them.
How do you use this file exactly? Do you just place it in the directory?

loopy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

SGEdit is kind of goony. It doesn't matter what order you do this in, but you use File->Open to open a save for editing, and Settings->Load to pick an INI file that describes the save's data. I'd store the INI file with the save files, just for ease of use.

anonbj

Reputation score

How are you supposed to beat the golem? I've grinded my team up and used herbs etc. but I can only get it to half health no matter what I do.

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I just grinded my team to around level 18 and bought everyone gold level equipment, and used some herbs.

I still think the golem needs nerfing. Either that, or Ra'tiki needs to be at a higher level when she joins you. I'm having to level her up to the level of my team now, so that she's not useless.

anonbj

Reputation score

Wow, level 18 and full gold gear. I've already grinded for about an hour and I'm only level 15. This is some real bullshit.

Siffi1112

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Use the dog with destroy and power or whatever the spells for break and power up actually were called.

ztztzt39

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Is there somebody who took the 200 $ pledge on Offbeatr? What are the items given (just to know)? (For the 300$ reward, I found a battler picture of Farah with bigger boobs, so I suppose it's that battler that was given)

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yeah, I appreciated that as well. I know a lot of the issues with the pace of the game have more to do with the speed RPG Maker moves at by default, but I do wish Gabe would learn enough scripting for a proper sprint, and that not every event needs lengthy delays for dramatic effect.

That and a skip dialog script would be nice. Her whole thing is backtracking and replaying, and as-is it would be nigh unbearable without speedhack applied.

For people having trouble with trading cards:
Trading Cards
Beatrix 03 Colussia House of sleeping man near clock in poor district.
Beatrix 04 Port Ronod Seller in materials shop.
Beatrix 08 Colussia Inn. Beat soldier at Prediction.
Beatrix 09 Colussia Inn. Beat soldier at Prediction.
Beatrix 10 Colussia Inn. Beat soldier at Prediction.
Farah 01 Highland Inn From seller inside.
Farah 02 Caimridge Beat old man in townhall at Prediction.
Farah 03 Caimridge Beat old man in townhall at Prediction.
Gabrielle 01 Rivulet Hills Altar in Werewuffie Den.
Gabrielle 02 Royal Cottage Desk upstairs.
Gabrielle 03 Brightstone Desk in Inn.
Gabrielle 04 Gentlemen's Club Seller on lower floor.
Gabrielle 05 Colussia Beat maid in noblewoman's house at Prediction.
Gabrielle 06 Colussia Beat maid in noblewoman's house at Prediction.
Laquadia 01 Colussia Castle Locked in desk in the knights' quarters.
Laquadia 02 Port Ronod Beat sailor on ship at Prediction.
Laquadia 03 Colussia Sewers From seller in tavern.
Masquerade 01 Brightstone Beat nun in shrine at Prediction.
Masquerade 02 Nillia Woods Desk in tent at Darkthorn overlook.
Masquerade 03 Darkthorn Prison Desk in northeastern cell.
Masquerade 04 Brightstone Beat nun in shrine at Prediction.
Masquerade 05 Brightstone Seller (main with bandana) in materials store.
Ra'Tiki 01 Port Ronod Seller on docks.
Ra'Tiki 04 Colussia Beat guard in the house of Laquadia's Fan at Prediction.
Ra'Tiki 05 Colussia Beat guard in the house of Laquadia's Fan at Prediction.
Ra'Tiki 06 Colussia Beat guard in the house of Laquadia's Fan at Prediction.
Ra'Tiki 07 Lake Fairlight Beat hunter in tent at Prediction.
Ra'Tiki 07 Lake Fairlight Beat hunter in tent at Prediction.

Card Sellers
Port Ronod Westernmost part of port.
Port Ronod Materials store.
Colussia Sewers Tavern.
Highland Inn Man sitting by eastern wall.
Gentlemen's Club Lower floor.

Prediction:
Colussia Maid in Noblewoman's house.
Colussia Guard in house of Laquadia's Fan
Colussia Guard in the Inn.
Port Ronod Sailor on ship in port.
Lake Fairlight Hunter's camp. Man in tent.
Caimridge Old man in townhall, upstairs.
Brightstone Nun in shrine.

Help with illustrations and coins:
Ruby Coins
1 Colussia Castle Desk in Maid's quarters.
1 Colussia Locked house in poor district.
1 Rivulet Hills Chest behind a tree near Hero's Guild bridge.
1 Caimridge Chest in storehouse.
1 Caimridge Desk in small house near town hall.
1 Western Lighthouse Chest on first floor.
1 Fellhorn Ruins Chest in second area from entrance.
1 Lake Fairlight Chest on small island in eastern area.
1 Darkthorn Prison Desk in southwestern cell.
1 Darkthorn Sewers Chest in western section.
1 Colussia Sewers Chest in area east of the tavern.
1 Windy Canyon Chest just past eastern cave mouth.
1 Nillia Woods Chest in the southern part of the map, one west of the entrance from Highland.
1 Grassland Road Chest in western section, on small strip north of river.
1 Crimson Forest Chest by small pond on trail to Neifu camp.
3 Colussia Reward for completing the Nightfall Raid quest. Start by finding Shady Noblewoman south of the Cathedral.
4 Nillia Woods Treasure for Map #4.
1 Brightstone Desk in the Mayor's House.
1 Brightstone Desk in Guest Mansion.

Master Hen'tai
Highland Inn Just east of door. Illustration 108.
Port Ronod Locked part of building near fish market. Illustration 085
Gentlemen's Club In stable. Illustriation 077
Caimridge Small house by town hall. Illustration 023.
Crimson Forest First floor of Neifu building. Illustration 075.
Summer Cove On beach. Illustration 033.
Brightstone House of fighting couple.

Illustrations
002 Colussia West of the Cathedral.
005 Darkthorn Sewers Ruby chest in area north of where you appear.
003 Lake Fairlight Tent in abandoned camp.
007 Fellhorn Ruins On floor in basement area.
008 Western Lighthouse East of building.
010 Port Ronod Painting in house in eastern part of town.
012 Rivulet Hills Near Hero's guild camp from Legendary Mountain Grinder (Dilizard)
013 Windy Canyon Ruby chest in cave near Werewuffie house.
015 Brightstone Master Hen'tai in the house of the fighting couple. Northwest area.
016 Hollow Gorge Ruby Chest in northern cave.
017 Highland Inn On floor in stable.
018 Gentlemen's Club Painting on lower floor.
023 Caimridge Master Hen'tai in small building near town hall.
025 Windy Canyon In caves from Legendary Pharaoh Handbast (Werewuffie)
026 Grassland Road In cave near Wild Stingers. From Legendary Queen Stinger (Wild Stinger).
027 Caimridge Next to the town hall building.
029 Brightstone Painting in house near shrine. Requires Art Razor reward.
031 Royal Cottage On the pier.
033 Summer Cove Master Hen'tai on beach.
037 Colussia Sewers Sewers (north) from Legendary Resurrected Baron (Wandering Bones)
042 Windy Canyon On floor in Werewuffie house.
043 Brightstone On floor in house south of armory.
044 Rivulet Hills On floor in Hero's Guild tent.
046 River Checkpoint Near entrance. From Legendary Toad Ninjitsu (Contoad).
049 Colussia Castle Ruby chest in castle bath (2 coins).
051 Lake Fairlight Cave in eastern area. From Legendary Thorn of Fairlight (Sylvan Fungus).
052 Royal Cottage From Legendary Nerophant (Broncallo).
056 Summer Cove Ruby chest in changing room.
058 Port Ronod Small strip in section east of entrance.
059 Caimridge Ruby chest in town hall basement.
062 Colussia Painting in Laquadia's Fan's house.
064 Crimson Forest On floor in Neifu tent.
065 Nillia Woods Northeast corner of central area from Legendary Demonicon Eye (Dark Bat).
066 Crimson Forest Eastern cave in area south of Howling Moon territory. From Legendary Wolheim Howler (Firewolf)
067 Western Lighthouse From Legendary Sir Troublemaker (Mischief).
069 Hollow Gorge Southern cave. From Legendary Waste Gorger (Slimebag).
072 Colussia Sewers On floor in southern section.
075 Crimson Forest From Master Hen'tai in chief's building.
077 Gentlemen's Club From Master Hen'tai in stables.
081 Fellhorn Ruins Northmost area. From Legendary Rainway Demon (Nectarfluster)
085 Port Ronod Master Hen'tai in locked part of building near fish market.
098 Lake Fairlight Ruby chest in cave in eastern area.
101 Brightstone Painting in Guest Mansion.
105 Rivulet Hills Ruby chest in Werewuffie cave (accessible after accepting Heroic Savior quest to help Hero's Guild).
104 Gentlemen's Club On floor in back building.
108 Highland Inn From Master Hen'tai outside the inn.

Treasure maps (locations they point to are in a prior post, this is where you get them):
Treasure Maps
01 Crimson Forest Chest in cave north of Neifu Camp.
03 Brightstone Reward for completing Catch-a-Lie quest (started by talking to man near Port Ronod entrance).
04 Rivulet Hills Reward for completing Heroic Savior quest (find Hero's Guild member in Brightstone near Distant Wagon Service to start).
05 Fellhorn Ruins Chest in north-most area.

And miscellaneous crap like posters, dice, and perverts willing to pay for a look at Farah:
Posters
Colussia Sewers Western section near displaced homeless.
Brightstone On house near shrine.
Colussia Building on southern road into the Noble section.
Colussia Building in poor section, past the item shop.
Colussia In the inn.
Colussia In Tavern (the above ground one).
Port Ronod House near fish market.

Not sure if this is complete.

Dice
Laquadia Colussia Sewers Reward for killing all Slimebags during Punching Slimebags quest.
Gabrielle Caimridge Reward from completing quest: Sleep Deprivation.
Farah Port Ronod Solve the switches puzzle in the Sewer and open the chest.
Masquerade Rivulet Hills Treasure for Map #1.

Peepers (Farah Training)
Port Ronod Outside shrine (automatic)
Caimridge Man in red hat outside town hall.
Brightstone Man outside armory.
Colussia Man standing near lamppost outside Cathedral.
Colussia Bum in sewers near tavern.
Colussia Man in poor district by building south of clock.
Gentlemen's Club Old man on east side of lower floor.

Not sure if this is complete.
I think you forgot Ra'tiki 08, which is also in the hands of the Prediction player, I think.

EDIT: Also, it's really weird that once I lost the Beatrix 03 card, it magically appearing back in the sleeping guy's night stand. I mean, going back to the card dealers to purchase a new one makes sense, but having one suddenly appear in a desk again just ruins the immersion. :p

Last edited:

loopy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I think you forgot Ra'tiki 08, which is also in the hands of the Prediction player, I think.

EDIT: Also, it's really weird that once I lost the Beatrix 03 card, it magically appearing back in the sleeping guy's night stand. I mean, going back to the card dealers to purchase a new one makes sense, but having one suddenly appear in a desk again just ruins the immersion. :p
I listed Ra'Tiki 07 twice is all. Typo.

RaTiki, so far, is near enough useless. There's not a lot of point to swapping her in.

Kind of goes back to my "Gabe can't balance" thing, but everybody gets exactly one element for weapons and maybe two for skills. RaTiki gets Poison for effects, and Earth and Lightning for skill elements. Her weapons can have Earth on them. Poison is really useful in long fights, if you can get it to take, but no enemy is weak to it, and a few are particularly strong against it or immune—not terribly helpful at present. Three enemies are mildly weak to Lighting, the Contoad and its Legendary, Toad Ninjitsu, and Sir Troublemaker, the Mischief Legendary. Nothing is strong versus Lightning. Only the Nerophant—Broncallo Legendary—is mildly weak to Earth, while several enemies are strong or immune. She gets Resist and Immunity for buffs and Silence as a debuff, but very few things make much use of magic. Meanwhile, RaTiki has shit tier curves for all stats except SP and Intelligence, which she beats Kythe on by 5 and 9 points respectively at level 99.

Kythe has the best (or near enough) stat growth for everything except HP, he gets Might and Power for buffs and Break and Destroy for debuffs, which can actually be used to accomplish something. They're even better together. He gets Wind as an element, which four enemies have as a weakness, but none are strong or immune to it.

Of the remaining three, you can take or leave Gabrielle. Ice has a handful of enemies that are mildly weak to it, and none are strong, but her skills are otherwise generic. The Main Character you obviously can't do without. Three things are weak to his light element, none strong, and his growth is OK. Farah is the speed character. She's about as good as Ra'Tiki. No element for skills really, and Lightning on Weapons. She'll make up for it a bit if you can get her to level 32, when she gets a skill that can stun an enemy for at least 2 rounds with a 75% chance of continuing every round thereafter. Good luck grinding that out.

Gabe didn't even add the "Strong vs. Avian" effects for projectile weapons, that I think were in the last two games.

Put succinctly, if your battle party was Kythe and the MC, each getting two actions per turn, you'd do pretty well. You could leave the rest in the tent. However, since you have to bring them along, you'd might as well pick your two favorite bits of eye-candy, or keep whoever you've leveled up already.

Last edited:

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

How are you supposed to beat the golem? I've grinded my team up and used herbs etc. but I can only get it to half health no matter what I do.
Do the treasure maps if you haven't, one of them gives you 2 earth rings, which helps a lot for reducing the bosses magical attacks. Should also buy some revives and large health pots from the item shop.

RaTiki, so far, is near enough useless. There's not a lot of point to swapping her in.
You didn't mention anything about party healing. Seemed pretty useful to me when Masquerade used carousel of darkness 4 times in a row.

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Do sidequests reset when you use the orb?

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Shit, I messed up by not giving the guy five animals instead of three - could've gotten an additional alternate costume for one of the gals.

Oh well, I assume I'm going to play this again once Part 2 comes out.

Speaking of capturing animals, what's up with the capturing mechanics? It seems that there are certain angles or directions from which you'll fail to capture them, whereas in the previous game it was solely down to the item level. Or does it have something to do with the golden tokens?

Also, speaking of golden beetles, I'm not having any luck grinding them. They seem to spawn exceedingly rarely, and then raun away immediately. It's kind infuriating.

Status
Not open for further replies.