What's new

RPG Patreon Active RPG Maker [SweGabe] Legend of Queen Opala: Origin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sergejim

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I'm surprised not to find any thread on this great (in development) game yet.

I've played the beta and so far the game is (as usual in the serie) awesome. :eek:
Just making a not so in deep run of the beta, I've already reached about 9 hours of game. And I can really see how it would be fun to replay it all over making different choices.

Last edited by a moderator:

Prototype909

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: Legend of Queen Opala: Origin

After LoQO2 not sure if I can get hype for this, too much focus on furries and anthros in this series

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

That, and the actual gameplay of the second was just terrible compared to the first. And the whole Farah and her daughters never really appealed to me with their balloon tits and such.

walla

Sex Demon
Reputation score

My problem is because the gameplay is something like:
story -> story -> combat field -> story -> story -> combat field -> story -> story -> combat field -> story -> story -> combat field -> story -> H-scene -> story (and this is like 5 hours of game, now repeat...)

I believe Gabe really thinks those random artworks from different artists we found digging in the game's secrets counts as H-scenes.

But how the third game is compared to the other two, so far?

Perfeccia Ars

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I Lost interest after LoQO2 became a glorified CG hunt. Is the gameplay terrible in this one too or has there been progress in that area?

Abandonedacc

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I Lost interest after LoQO2 became a glorified CG hunt. Is the gameplay terrible in this one too or has there been progress in that area?
Biggest reason, the gameplay was awful and the whole H-stuff was running aruound for boxes.:(

petergriff

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'll check it out once it's out of beta because there are just so few Western RPGs.

But yeah, echo what everyone says. The games are way too slow and long with a ton of HUGE empty areas. Only tolerable with speedhack.

All of the H-scenes in the last game were basically "here's the girl you've been sweet-talking for 10 hours getting fucked by 7 horses, btw she will never touch you".

Scrapman

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

What do you guys mean the gameplay is bad in the second game but in the first game it was good?

I found it pretty samey really.

whatst he difference?

walla

Sex Demon
Reputation score

The extra things to do were actually well planned, I only want they were implemented to give us more H-scenes and/or ways to unlock them in other parts of the world.

To be fair with Gabe, I understand these scenes cost a lot o money to hire the artists, he even stated on the blog that Seth, one of the best, is also one of the most expensive to hire.

My hope is that with patreon the problem being solved with updates. If the purpose is to create a huge game, so make the monthly cash be spent more to whoever is drawing.

Slam Sector

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Is there any reason why Gabe still names her games after one of the least important characters in them? If these games are really going to be all about the MILF, why keep pretending otherwise?

whitecode

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

what i think about the series is the game is good
but the part i don't like is a lot of the time you go around collecting non story related galleries, that's boring and does not give you the sense of a game (in I)
in the second i got more frustrated by the mail recieving CGs of your companions..... it feels like the game is saying "you wanna screw your girls right? yeah, right? well fuck you here are pictures of them getting screwed"
i mean if those are in game NTR scenes i'm fine with it, but its unrelated to the story in anyway and that just pisses me off

i hope Origin changes that

Prototype909

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Is there any reason why Gabe still names her games after one of the least important characters in them? If these games are really going to be all about the MILF, why keep pretending otherwise?
Probably because the game was focused on Opala in the first one (And technically the second where you protect her). It just worked out that Farah became wildly more popular and thus the focus in this one. Even though
It's not actually the same Farah

Last edited:

kR1pt0n1t3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I liked the story of LOQO and LOQO2, but there's very few H-scenes and almost none of them involve the main character.

I've said it many times but I really don't see the purpose of hiring different artists and making eastern/western versions of the game. To me it seems like a waste of money and it ruins the whole game. She had more then enough money to hire a programmer to make a custom and interesting battle system and to hire a top notch artists to make 100 CG for the game. Instead she choose to waste the money on 50 different artists to make cgs and some of those cgs are crappy as hell.

The game could be so much more with the money she's getting but I guess I'm the only one that's bothered with that.

What I liked about the game is story, world map and mapping in general. She's really good at making maps, sex scenes not so much. She should hire a professional writer for those scenes and hire a single artist to make CGs, she has the money for it.

LOQO and LOQO2 turned in the end to be like someone else already said a CG hunt game where you collect CGs and grind money so you can buy your house, upgrade it, buy armor, etc. Battle is boring because almost every boss enemy you just poison and it looses 10% hp every turn (LOL). I do hope for this Origin game she really pays someone to write the sex scenes and hires a single artists to make CGs but I don't see that happening.

Enough of this rant, better go and run.

Mintsavan

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I liked the first game a lot but second one not so much, story is great and all just it couldn't keep my attention, and h-content being more spread out i was meh. I think there is just a large saturation of h-games with mechanics I enjoy that I wouldn't ever really need to play this game. That's saying quite a bit I think being that the games hit all the kinks I love. :)

Xil

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I liked the story of LOQO and LOQO2, but there's very few H-scenes and almost none of them involve the main character.

I've said it many times but I really don't see the purpose of hiring different artists and making eastern/western versions of the game. To me it seems like a waste of money and it ruins the whole game. She had more then enough money to hire a programmer to make a custom and interesting battle system and to hire a top notch artists to make 100 CG for the game. Instead she choose to waste the money on 50 different artists to make cgs and some of those cgs are crappy as hell.

The game could be so much more with the money she's getting but I guess I'm the only one that's bothered with that.

What I liked about the game is story, world map and mapping in general. She's really good at making maps, sex scenes not so much. She should hire a professional writer for those scenes and hire a single artist to make CGs, she has the money for it.

LOQO and LOQO2 turned in the end to be like someone else already said a CG hunt game where you collect CGs and grind money so you can buy your house, upgrade it, buy armor, etc. Battle is boring because almost every boss enemy you just poison and it looses 10% hp every turn (LOL). I do hope for this Origin game she really pays someone to write the sex scenes and hires a single artists to make CGs but I don't see that happening.

Enough of this rant, better go and run.
Origin will have three different versions this time. Western, Eastern and Beastman which will have three different races to choose from (Horseman, Bullman and Wolfman).

Each of these modes is done by different artists.

OP
S

Sergejim

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I like the series because of their scenarios and hot characters.

It's true you can't spam H-scene as easily/often as some other H-game, but It doesn't bothers me.
Furthermore in this game, there are a few exhibition scene (training) you can repeat now and then.

But this game offers some serious side quest/challenges/hidden features which isn't such a common quality in H-game.
I really think this game is a well designed game whereas most "so-called games" are just poor excuse for H-content which were too sparse to make a saleable manga.

kR1pt0n1t3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Origin will have three different versions this time. Western, Eastern and Beastman which will have three different races to choose from (Horseman, Bullman and Wolfman).

lol I guess it's gonna be same as last two...

The game has so much potential...

walla

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I like the series because of their scenarios and hot characters.

It's true you can't spam H-scene as easily/often as some other H-game, but It doesn't bothers me.
Furthermore in this game, there are a few exhibition scene (training) you can repeat now and then.

But this game offers some serious side quest/challenges/hidden features which isn't such a common quality in H-game.
I really think this game is a well designed game whereas most "so-called games" are just poor excuse for H-content which were too sparse to make a saleable manga.
I agree with you about being a well designed RPG, but not the same for a H-game.
I have nothing against the "protagonist" trio since they play right the role for very curvaceous women. The animal scenes (as well as loli content in any H-game) are not my taste, but as long there's just a few they do not bother me much.
And again, would be nice if someone here playing the third game comment it with more detail.

kR1pt0n1t3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I played it for about 30 minutes and finished few quests in starting town. Only got to see a scene where that head priestess gives you a titjob.

My opinion again is the game has potential, so far it looked very good. Quests are all around and you need to read and remember to know where you need to go and what to do. I'm guessing at some point you'll be able to buy quest log but I didn't find one. Didn't see any battle yet so I have no clue if it's the same or if something was added.

Guess I'll wait till the game is finished then I'll play it.

Abandonedacc

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Sounds like it will be another H-Boxes hunt farm unrelated to the history, meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.