Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Kyrieru's new game!

Ho god the gif you left on your website is so smooth *-*

glacier

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

It looks a little more agile than the melee in Kurovadis, for sure, and I really loved the action in that game. Admittedly, I'm usually more of a ranged player, but diving through enemy sprites and delivering charged punches to the friends behind them kicked ass. I felt even more agile than Zero in Mega Man ZX, except when I kept falling in the wall-jump puzzles.

darklink1011

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

the way the girl fights in that Gif reminds me of the nekomata from Disgea.

glacier

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Blog update, about possibilities for future crowdfunding. Personally, I will not back a project on Offbeatr. But I would be willing to make a pre-order through Paypal, using the same system as regular Kyrieru game purchases.

The Alternative option listed sounds pretty cool.

glacier

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

From the comments in a recent update:

-Kurovadis story: There is, sort of. However a lot of things are still uncertain because I plan on making Kurovadis 2, and I don't know what direction I want to go with it yet.

Basically, there's a virus that warps people's minds, causing irrational behaviour and mutation. Kuro, along with a select few other civilians, were conscripted into the military because they were either partially, or entirely immune to the virus. These individuals are referred in the military by their level of immunity, with Kuro being referred to as a "Tier-0", because her immunity is minimal. Because of this, she can still be infected through prolonged contact, which is why her eyes are red in the CGs.

Kurovadis takes place inside a city, sometime after an attack. Because Kuro was only a Tier-0, she was never deployed during the attack, and as a result she remained in stasis until long after the attack had ended. How much time has passed as well as the sate of the world is uncertain.

Kuro awakens with no clear recollection of her formal self, and is driven by her modifications to destroy all traces of the virus, despite it clearly being impossible by this point, given the state of the area. By the end of Kurovadis, Kuro destroys a creature that had been spreading the virus. During the battle her head-gear is either damaged, or destroyed, causing her to regain some of her memory. My excus-...reason for why she's in different clothing at the end, is that she was recalling who she was before she became a Tier.

With Kurovadis 2, I have some options. I could focus on Kuro trying to find a place in the new world, with some mutants being friendly, and some factions of humans remaining. Kuro's sort of "half immunity" could mean that she's capable of being infected, and mutating (abilities), without losing her humanity. It may also be relevant to the story, and pose an alternative to destroying all traces of the virus, which by then will have manifested itself in what are essentially new creatures, that aren't all evil. Alternatively, the story could focus on one of the other two Tiers, given that there are two empty ones next to Kuro's, meaning Kuro could even be an antagonist, or something else.
Getting sweet mutant powers on top of rad cybernetics is always cool. Different flavors of metahumanity trying to piece a semblance of civilization back together could be equally so. I'm sort-of reminded of the human-reploid conflict in the Mega Man Zero games.

glacier

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

LASER SWORD

dienow

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Looks sort of like Zero/X's saber powerup, where he shoots two shots, then uses his saber.

glacier

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

battle buddies

dienow

Reputation score

Okay, no more new stuff OOH, SHINY.

glacier

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I want this game. I'm checking the blog every day, but we're probably not going to see it till next month. Hope the main character feels as badass as Kuro and Eroico did, the art certainly looks nice enough.

saviliana

Sex Demon
Reputation score

It looks a little more agile than the melee in Kurovadis, for sure, and I really loved the action in that game. Admittedly, I'm usually more of a ranged player, but diving through enemy sprites and delivering charged punches to the friends behind them kicked ass. I felt even more agile than Zero in Mega Man ZX, except when I kept falling in the wall-jump puzzles.
ZX don't have zero in it.

JAB

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Man, How did I miss this after getting Kurovadis a month ago. I really want to see this game completed soon. Didn't know Kuro had such a deep backstory though.

dijitz

Sex Demon
Reputation score

That was X's body. It was blue, not red.
No it was zero's original body that became omega after zero was put into another body to recover.

glacier

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

darkwhite1602

Reputation score

what sex is the protagonist?

glacier

Mystic Girl
Reputation score