What's new

Frequently Asked Questions and Problems (Tech Questions Go Here!)

Gryphose

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Help Wolf game

Did you try reinstalling the wolf rpg engine while in jap local?
Well, he shouldn't need to install the engine. Most WolfRPG games are standalone. Re-downloading the games in question under jap local, however, is definitely a good idea.

max7238

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Frequently Asked Questions and Problems (Tech Questions Go Here!)

So, does 「dokidokiりとる大家さん」 (RJ060615) count as "underage." She's mature, she's just small. And I have issues running the game, so I'd like to start a thread, but I don't wanna have people flip out.

Games Dude

Lurker
Reputation score

So, does 「dokidokiりとる大家さん」 (RJ060615) count as "underage." She's mature, she's just small. And I have issues running the game, so I'd like to start a thread, but I don't wanna have people flip out.
She certainly looks underage, but don't let that stop you from starting a thread.

Discussing games with loli is perfectly fine, so long as nobody posts any links there isn't a problem.

max7238

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

She certainly looks underage, but don't let that stop you from starting a thread.

Discussing games with loli is perfectly fine, so long as nobody posts any links there isn't a problem.
If you play even the first 30 seconds, she specifically says she's older than the main character, who is, I believe, a college student (haven't tried to play again cuz it doesn't work). But thanks. Will do.

Nextt

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Can anyone give me a link where you can download the engine WolfRPG?

Themplis

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I've got a bit of an odd issue. A seeming random chunk of older rpgmaker games just won't load for me. Game pops up and I immediately get an "RGSS2 player has stopped working." Furthermore, I'm getting this on games that I know I've run in the past. I've tried reinstalling the RTPs-all of them- and I've even tried multiple downloads of some games. I'm on Win 7, if anyone's had a similar issue. Thanks.

HappyGoomba

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I've got a bit of an odd issue. A seeming random chunk of older rpgmaker games just won't load for me. Game pops up and I immediately get an "RGSS2 player has stopped working." Furthermore, I'm getting this on games that I know I've run in the past. I've tried reinstalling the RTPs-all of them- and I've even tried multiple downloads of some games. I'm on Win 7, if anyone's had a similar issue. Thanks.
Check the game.ini on the games that aren't working. Are they all pointing to the same .dll? If so, it might be corrupt. Uninstall your VX RTP's again and search your hard drive for that .dll and delete any copies you find before reinstalling. Alternately, there may be a conflict between the VX runtime and something like a video or sound driver. Try getting different versions of VX if you can find them and point the games to different versions of the .dll until you find one that works.

Themplis

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Good call- looks like it seems to be VX games pointing to rgss200j.dll only. I've tried reinstalling and downloading the file from a couple of places to no avail. I'll give it some more tinkering when I have more time- thanks.

herfmat

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Trying to install Magical Girl Kureha Twist

Whenever I try running the main executable "MASURAO.exe"
I get this:

I try to run install.exe and then install it to another location and when I try to run THAT version of masurao.exe, I get this:

The second installer.exe does nothing but uninstall.

TNXC

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Trying to install Magical Girl Kureha Twist

Whenever I try running the main executable "MASURAO.exe"
I get this:

I try to run install.exe and then install it to another location and when I try to run THAT version of masurao.exe, I get this:

The second installer.exe does nothing but uninstall.
Ok so the first image says insert the disc please. So either a crack is needed or you're missing some files? As for the second image, it says there is no projector which I have no clue as to what exactly that means.

TNXC

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I've got a question myself. Does anyone know how to extract and replace the script files for WolfRPGs? I'm interested in translating a game but don't know how to extract the files or get the tools necessary for that.

Edit:NM. For anyone who is also looking to translate WorlfRPGs, read this thread here: http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=22900

Last edited:

wasd123333

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Help with Chiitranslite

First and foremost, I'm sorry that I have to post in this section as I cannot find the answer to my problem anymore and I have tried contacting multiple devs with no luck. I have seen some experts here who know how to use Chiitranslite and I simply want to know why my chiitranslite does not/takes forever to translate a line in wolfrpg. The translator works perfectly fine for RPGMaker but when it comes to WolfRPG the line sometimes takes 2-5 minutes to translate (which comes out botched or in multiple segments), or sometimes it does not translate at all. As a result, the translator also crashes very frequently. I have tried multiple settings such as unchecking the sound MDI and the file source boxes to ease the translation including setting "Ignore New Contexts" and "Smart Filtering". I would greatly appreciate any help :(

Sarav

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: Help with Chiitranslite

Chiitrans generally doesn't work for WolfRPG without a H-code due to encoding. RPG maker games use UTF-16 encoding whilst WolfRPG games use SHIFT-JIS encoding. As far as I'm aware Chiitrans can only use UTF so WolfRPG games are unplayable. I suggest using Visual Novel Reader instead, as it allows you to change encoding whenever you want, without the use of a H-code.

wasd123333

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Chiitrans generally doesn't work for WolfRPG without a H-code due to encoding. RPG maker games use UTF-16 encoding whilst WolfRPG games use SHIFT-JIS encoding. As far as I'm aware Chiitrans can only use UTF so WolfRPG games are unplayable. I suggest using Visual Novel Reader instead, as it allows you to change encoding whenever you want, without the use of a H-code.
Oh I see thank you very much, then do you know of any good tutorial to setup Visual Novel Reader or can you just teach me the simplest way? I wasn't very savvy with chiitranslite to begin with =/

HeroMcDohl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

You have to look at the sources Chiitranslite is pulling from. The issue with Wolf RPGs and Chiitranslite is that some lines its pulling from will repeat infinately until the next line of text is found. Disable all the threads from copying to the clipboard, and look for the sources that have the same text matching the line in game with the preview, then click on the source. If you see it repeating the same line over and over keep it disabled. You should be able to find one that only has the translation listed once.

Sarav

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Oh I see thank you very much, then do you know of any good tutorial to setup Visual Novel Reader or can you just teach me the simplest way? I wasn't very savvy with chiitranslite to begin with =/
Hmmm, well there was a tutorial that I used when setting up VNR so I'll post it here when I find it.
Edit: Can't find it, so I'll just tell how mine is set up. In your preferences, go to Dictionaries in the Downloads section. You need to install 2 dictionaries here, they are UniDic modern Japanese and Vicon Japanese-English, it's around about 500mb in total. Then go to Dictionaries in the Translation section. Prefered MeCab dictionary should be set to UniDic modern Japanese, Preferred Japanese furigana should be set to Romanji and Preferred Japanese phrase should be set to Vicon. Once you install the dictionaries and set up Translation, you should start up your game. VNR should automatically detect the running game. If not, click on the icon that looks like a rocket ship, if that doesn't work, click the magnifying glass next to it and it will open up the Game Wizard which will allow you to manually select the game, there are three options on how to do that but they're all obvious how they work. Once VNR syncs with the game, a side bar will open to the left of the game window, it disappears when not being used but you can open up again by waving your mouse in the area it pops up. Select options, and in the menu that opens, delselect game text. If game text isn't being detected, click on menu in the side bar then select text options. This should open up the menu which allows you to change the text hook being used as well as change the encoding being used. Remeber RPGmaker games should be using UTF-16 whilst WolfRPG uses SHIFT-JIS. Now whilst the text menu is open, talk to someone and the text hook will detect the dialogue and a new text hook should appear, above each hook should be the options Dialogue, Name, Other. Set the hook that has dialogue matching the one in the game as Dialogue. If that still doesn't work just say so and I'll look into it to try and fix it.

Last edited:

koutaro

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Got a question, is there anyway to lessen the lag aside from tinkering the F1 settings on RPG maker? Some games have a huge ass map with npcs and events at times that it makes the game laggy with low fps or something.

DerPeter

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Is there a reliable way to find out the exact number of HPs you have if there is only a HP bar? I'm asking because I'm using the CheatEngine and want to freeze the HPs.