What's new

Indie H-Game Ideas (get feedback from your peers!)

E

erobotan

Re: Indie H-Game Ideas (get feedback from your peers!)

The basic barrier of "I have no idea what I am doing" is probably the most relevant one. I started doing snaps of things like a girl throwing a punch, or falling down since i have preset poses for those.

For example: I have the standing pose, and the arm fully extended pose, but not an inbetween pose for a punch, kick or anything like that. The problem I have is trying to figure out exactly what I want the inbetween frame(s?) to look like. I may just line my self up near a mirror and take some video of throwing punches and what not just to see what goes where and when.
this sites if my best friend during situation like that

I recommend checking the sprites of Bareknuckle, Sailor Moon (arcade), and fighting game series like Street Fighters & King of Fighters

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

@Maya: Yeah, I try to work on it from time to time, then I get frustrated with it and decide that I am just going to go back to using static CG instead. Eventually I hope a time comes when that does not happen, as it would likely make me want to actually release a game that I make out into the world.

@erobotan: I never thought about that. That is actually a great idea to see how other sprites in fighting games make the intermediary movements.

GoldBeetle

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Semi-weak succubi and demons accidentally to earth during apocalypse. Must get back to hell before losing powers. Gameplay: L4D

DerPeter

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I would also like to see some more games with real consequences.
What I mean by that is that I don't quite like the standard RoR titles. You get grabbed, fucked, break free and continue as nothing ever happened.
Even if it's game over, you just get another rape scene for the most part. That's why I like impregnation, infestation or, to a certain extend, guro content because your actions have handfast consequences.

Oh yeah, and I absolutely adore Sakyubasu no Tatakai. I really hope it gets continued some day.

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

Ship A

is travelling to

Planet B

What happens next?

SoED

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I would also like to see some more games with real consequences.
What I mean by that is that I don't quite like the standard RoR titles. You get grabbed, fucked, break free and continue as nothing ever happened.
Even if it's game over, you just get another rape scene for the most part. That's why I like impregnation, infestation or, to a certain extend, guro content because your actions have handfast consequences.

Oh yeah, and I absolutely adore Sakyubasu no Tatakai. I really hope it gets continued some day.
I don't remember where, but somewhere on the forums there was a short discussion about consequences for sex scenes.

Personally, I like the idea of consequences that directly affect the player - not just the character.

For example:

- Getting access to 5 "Replay/gallery" CGs if you beat a level without getting a certain amount of "corruption" points vs only getting one if you get too many

- Making the next level more difficult to beat if you get "corrupted" a certain number of times on the previous level (making it harder to access all of the game's H-content)

I prefer non-intrusive stuff that doesn't stack repeatedly and that always causes a negative reward, so I prefer the Reply/Gallery type of penalties over the difficulty penalties. With the difficulty ones, the game can either become too hard, or have a difficulty cap that makes future "corruption" penalties ineffective (because the maximum difficulty has already been reached).

In general, I play platformer-style games mostly for the H-content, so I don't like things that get in the way of viewing it as I play. gallery penalties seem like a reasonable penalty because they don't prevent the player from seeing content - they only require the player to choose between seeing the content during gameplay the first time and seeing the content after achieving an unlock (during gameplay ro from a gallery).

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Ship A

is travelling to

Planet B

What happens next?
I was totally going to make a game loosely based on Starflight. That's what that picture reminds me of.

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

That game is 100% of the inspiration for that picture, which is the starting point for the game that I am going to make.

I just cant find that angle to make the game an h-game. I have a few ideas, but I do not like any of them very much. Aside from going down to a planet and being explored by the indigenous life forms, I cannot really think of anything else that I want to actually use.

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

That game is 100% of the inspiration for that picture, which is the starting point for the game that I am going to make.

I just cant find that angle to make the game an h-game. I have a few ideas, but I do not like any of them very much. Aside from going down to a planet and being explored by the indigenous life forms, I cannot really think of anything else that I want to actually use.
Did you play my 72 hour challenge game? I *think* I remember you commenting in that thread. Anyway, if so, the H parts of that game (not the gameplay obviously) were some of what I had in mind for the Starflight-style game. I wanted to have it set up where the player could choose between a human female captain (female crew could be raped by creatures on the planets or enslaved by losing starship battles) or an alien captain of some kind (out to get sex slaves).

We can discuss via PM if you want. Maybe we could collaborate on something?

Last edited:

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

As an example of what I have already:

A few of the ships that I would be using along with one of the planets unlikely to be used as one that the player would interact much with. The starmap is basically not much different that what was on the demo picture that I posted before.

Right now, everything is up in the air as I am only really creating assets at this point. No story or anything like that. I should be able to put up a little tech demo thing involving one of the ships being able to go in and out of orbit with the planets soon.

Edit: Woot, victory is mine! that animated gif actually worked!

Last edited:
E

erobotan

I don't remember where, but somewhere on the forums there was a short discussion about consequences for sex scenes.

Personally, I like the idea of consequences that directly affect the player - not just the character.

For example:

- Getting access to 5 "Replay/gallery" CGs if you beat a level without getting a certain amount of "corruption" points vs only getting one if you get too many

- Making the next level more difficult to beat if you get "corrupted" a certain number of times on the previous level (making it harder to access all of the game's H-content)

I prefer non-intrusive stuff that doesn't stack repeatedly and that always causes a negative reward, so I prefer the Reply/Gallery type of penalties over the difficulty penalties. With the difficulty ones, the game can either become too hard, or have a difficulty cap that makes future "corruption" penalties ineffective (because the maximum difficulty has already been reached).

In general, I play platformer-style games mostly for the H-content, so I don't like things that get in the way of viewing it as I play. gallery penalties seem like a reasonable penalty because they don't prevent the player from seeing content - they only require the player to choose between seeing the content during gameplay the first time and seeing the content after achieving an unlock (during gameplay ro from a gallery).
I plan a corruption feature in my game, the more you get corrupted, the stronger you are but might result in bad ending if you get corrupted too much.

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I plan a corruption feature in my game, the more you get corrupted, the stronger you are but might result in bad ending if you get corrupted too much.
nightmare sphere did that too, i felt it didnt really vvork on the h side though

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm curious, what happen in nightmare sphere?
if you raped too many people or used the dark gem youd get a bad ending, but it vvass mostly text and you dont get to read any smut

E

erobotan

if you raped too many people or used the dark gem youd get a bad ending, but it vvass mostly text and you dont get to read any smut
Ah, that's unfortunate ^^;. I will try my best to avoid such smutless ending !

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Yeah, Nightmare Sphere had several endings, I remember there was one I never could get. (How many were there, 4? Been a while.)

Also remember it had really good music for an h-game.

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

I am.. conflicted.

The planet looks good and all, but there is a boundary line around the planet that I cannot seem to be rid of. I have been given a few suggestions from outside of here, and I simply cannot make up my mind if I want to explore those solutions. So the question is this:

Does this look "right" with the planet having that border line to you?

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I am.. conflicted.

The planet looks good and all, but there is a boundary line around the planet that I cannot seem to be rid of. I have been given a few suggestions from outside of here, and I simply cannot make up my mind if I want to explore those solutions. So the question is this:

that only happens to me vvhen i save a png in sai and try to use it in rpgmaker... so i can't reccommend my usual thing...

but that might come in handy in future so if you find it happening, open up the png in gimp and resave it...

are you already using gimps sphere animation to make your planets?

Dycraxis

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

It looks ok, at least I can see that the border is the reflection of the light that comes from the big stars behind the planet and that's why it stands out.

If it still bothers you make a mask in photoshop and try to simulate so that light supports the volume of the planet and stops looking like noise.

But honestly it looks good to me.

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

Interesting, I guess it just doesn't look right to me then because I am the one making them and at no point before putting the gif into game maker does that borderline appear.

Good to know that it does not look wrong within the context of the starmap background. It seems that irrelevant of size or color, that borderline appears.