What's new

Indie H-Game Ideas (get feedback from your peers!)

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
So ULMF is quickly becoming a forum that's not only about pirating hentai games, but about making them as well, with many of the members on this board being indie game creators/artists/writers/programmers.

I was thinking, with a lot of us having experience in making said games (and of course, with many of us having experience in playing them), what about a topic where we could just submit ideas for H-Games and bounce them off other people on the board to get opinions on if going forward with a game idea would be a good one?

For example, person A could just post an idea, then people could freely reply to the idea with their opinion, and at any time, anyone else could suggest their own game idea, and then people could respond to that, as well.

It might get somewhat hectic, but let's be honest; almost no one visits the Under Construction board, and so it's very difficult to get feedback there.

NOTE: While there's no way to prevent this, it should be just an obvious rule that if someone here comes up with an idea, you shouldn't run off and make a game using that idea without at LEAST contacting the idea's originator to get their blessing.

---------------------

So that said, anyone wanna start off with an idea?

DerPeter

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Indie H-Game Ideas (get feedback from your peers!)

Idea:

Make a game that uses exposure as mechanic.

I've played PrisonKage created by Vosmug and I loved it simply because you were able to expose your tits. That said, the game makes almost no use of that feature, it's a demo afterall and more about guro content than h content.

Anyways, I think an exposure feature adds a cool theme for games.

In your usual h-game, the h-scenes are triggered after you've been defeated.
So while the player might want to see the h-scenes, the heroine does not.
This isn't bad, I do suck some joy out of bringing my heroine into situations she doesn't want to be in, but on the same time, I want to save her.

I would like to see a game where I don't get into that conflict. I would like to be able to surrender to the enemy, basically accepting my fate.

Gameplay examples:

Guro themed game:
Everything kills you but you could also expose yourself to the enemy to "just" get raped. Ofcourse, getting raped should also have a drawback, but it should not affect your HP bar.

H themed game:
You have atleast two status bars: HP bar and infestation bar for example.
Getting raped after you've been defeated (not necessarily game over, just knocked down) depletes your HP bar, while exposing yourself to the enemy fills your infestation bar. 0 HP will result in your usual game over, while a full infestation bar could have all sorts of effects, like the heroine transforming into the enemy who has raped her last or the heroine becoming the slut of the enemy and gets impregnated.

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score

Idea:

Remaking the Parasite Eve 2 into a Hentai game. It would take a huge amount of time, but the time might be worth it. That game has such potential of being a 3D Survival Horror hentai game. I mean, imagine it. It would be fucking awesome. The enemies in the game are perfect for hentai. Take the big guys with tentacles for an example, the ones you meet in the first level, by the hotel. And there are giant cougar like monsters! 'Nuff said.

Gameplay:

The gameplay would stay the same as in the original game. But, if I was programming/designing the game, I'd add this:

~When an enemy knocks you down (Like in the original game), you'd have a timer that would last a certain amout of time (3-4 seconds, the time varies depending on the difficulty of the game, default is easy), if you don't recover in that time, and the enemy touches your hitbox, a H-scene would start. If the enemy "rapes" you, and ejaculates inside of you, you'd lose a certain amount of health, and get a debuff that fits to the enemy. You are able to struggle though, if you succeed, the enemy will be knocked down for 1-2 seconds.

Examples of debuffs:
~The big fat guy with the tentacle: rooted for 2 seconds (Unable to move, but able to attack)
~That cougar like monster: stunned for 2 seconds (Unable to do anything)
~The bat monster: poisoned for 4 seconds (Losing a low amount of health for a limited amount of time)
~The Butterfly like monster: blind for 3 seconds (90% lower hit rate on basic attacks)
~Semi-invisible lizard monster: bleeding for 5 seconds (Losing 5% health when moving)

(I'm sorry, I don't really know the names of the monsters, it's been a long time ago since I've played PE2)

Of course the amount of monsters throughout the game would be significantly reduced due to these debuffs. But, if the difficulty was set to a higher grade, the number of monsters would increase :D

I've had this idea for quite a while, but I don't really have the talent to start making something out of it. I suck at programming, really bad.. :$

Last edited:

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Sorry, but no. The Under Construction section was made specifically for these kinds of threads. It's there because there used to be a flood of "idea" guys coming in, posting a topic in the H-Games section, and never bringing anything to fruition, which clutters up the forum for both viewing and moderating. This thread is pretty much exactly that, condensed into one thread.

If your issue is that there's not enough traffic going through there to get any meaningful feedback, then you're going to have to give people a reason to visit there. I put a stickied redirect from the h-games section to here to get more people flowing over, but that's all I can do unless you have any suggestions.

Again, sorry for the trouble, but this is a rule established from past experiences.

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

Under Construction is a black hole of no useful value to anyone or anything imho.

That being said, once I figure out how to make animations of any kind, I am going to start working on a fighting game of some kind. The obvious problem I forsee is that I am likely better off just using MUGEN, and the existing characters there, because there are already enough things within to occupy me.

I think the reason I want to do it, is just because I want to give it a try. Other ideas that I have had were simply outside of my ability scope to be able to implement, so a game that focuses on something simple like a 1v1 fighter seems like a good place to start.

So far I have all the story crap taken care of, (lol story in a fighting game you say? Exactly!) along with the characters that I am going to make. Now I just have to go through and design their attacks, and somehow figure out how to make it look like a decent animation in the process. The designed combat system will not exactly be anything groundbreaking. Just simple punches and the like so I can figure out how to do it more than anything else. The lifebars I can promise to be generic and boring as well.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Under Construction is a black hole of no useful value to anyone or anything imho.
I don't disagree with you. But as I've said, this is the place where all those "ideas" that sprang up and never came into fruition were placed to avoid clutter. If you want this place to be a more vibrant community, something actually has to come out of it, not just cyclic discussion of what somebody may or may not produce.

I'm not going to deny everybody the ability to discuss a topic, but if they're going to just post ideas and not actual content, then it doesn't belong in the H-Games section.

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

If I had any clue whatsoever about how to animate.. anything at all, I think I would far better be able to produce. I have no shortage of ideas for games. My problem is that I cannot implement them. Mostly due to some manner of inability to perform some aspect of what my vision is.

I can render 3d models so I can put ideas into concepts so long as I can model it. I can design music, which is probably the best aspect of mine out of the whole in the design of a game, so that is not an issue. I can program somewhat, which is what I have been working on as of late. So I can basically do just about anything I want to so long as I only use static cgs.

Simply put, thats not good enough for me. I want to be able to do more, so I have been designing basic games (see my pong game which I posted the demo for here). These games all serve a purpose to enhance certain aspects of my creative process.

The one thing I have been stuck on is how to do an animation of any kind. I just cannot figure it out for some reason. So much so, that I may end up doing another static cg game inbetween ragefests on not being able to figure out how to make things animated.

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

If I had any clue whatsoever about how to animate.. anything at all, I think I would far better be able to produce. I have no shortage of ideas for games. My problem is that I cannot implement them. Mostly due to some manner of inability to perform some aspect of what my vision is.

I can render 3d models so I can put ideas into concepts so long as I can model it. I can design music, which is probably the best aspect of mine out of the whole in the design of a game, so that is not an issue. I can program somewhat, which is what I have been working on as of late. So I can basically do just about anything I want to so long as I only use static cgs.

Simply put, thats not good enough for me. I want to be able to do more, so I have been designing basic games (see my pong game which I posted the demo for here). These games all serve a purpose to enhance certain aspects of my creative process.

The one thing I have been stuck on is how to do an animation of any kind. I just cannot figure it out for some reason. So much so, that I may end up doing another static cg game inbetween ragefests on not being able to figure out how to make things animated.
i checked but there doesnt seem to be any easy way to import daz3d models into mikumikudance, which you could use for animation...

3dcustom girl has mods that allow hard export of models and you can convert those to mmd

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

I could animate straight up in daz itself, though yet again I have the same basic limitation of having no clue what to really do. At least on face value there does not seem to be a way, that I am aware of at least, to grab parts of an animation frame by frame.

I know the limitation is likely residing with me than it is the software. There are basic animations built into daz, but that brings me back to not being able to grab frame by frame for a walking animation for example. Nor am I aware of a method by which I could export the whole in a gif.

Probably just going to be a bunch of trial and error until I find a method that works. Not how I like doing things, but it is more productive than just doing nothing. Sometimes.

As for 3dcg, I think that the models are lacking. I switched over to daz for that very reason. Though if I do not find a viable solution with daz I may just have to seriously consider going back to 3dcg or finding a solution that utilizes mmd for anomation.

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

What program are you using for your 3D models? All of them are a bit different when it comes to animation. I find Poser to be quite easy and fast compared to, say, Blender(interface feels very klunky to me). Haven't tried any of the high-dollar ones like 3DS Max or Maya. If you want some general pointers or workflow ideas we could discuss by PM.

As far as ideas, I have tons of them. Too many really. That's one of the main things that holds up my progress. As soon as I have a project going, it makes me think of something else and I lose my momentum lol. I've played a lot of games over the years (since the 1980s) and I tend to like some of the more obscure, underrated ones. Any one of them could serve as a decent basis for an H-game.

About that exposure idea, I was already planning to incorporate something sort of like that in Planet X. When corruption gets high enough, the player can "invite" enemies, which pacifies them for a bit and allows you to use that as a means to advance.

Edit: You posted as I was typing this lol. DAZ? I've never actually used it, but it and Poser have a lot of interchangeable models and content. As far as exporting animations, I just export all frames in PNG format. Most game creation software will let you import animations that way (I know Game Maker and Construct 2 and RPGMaker all will). And don't worry too much about animation speed, you can change that in most game software also.

Last edited:

barreytor

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

To reply to the OP: Under Construction already has few enough people posting/reading there, so I think that making a subforum anywhere just to pass around ideas is probably not the best use of forum resources.

As it stands, ideas are cheap because they are easy to come by. Everyone has their ideas, probably even by the dozen.

What I think would be a good enough but not quite the thing you meant is, when someone who wants/is going to make a game but only has the basic idea, to make a thread for his idea to try and bounce it around so he can get feedback and flesh it out.

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

RPGMAKER VX ACE

+ = ADVENTURE GAME

enjoy

i wont be doing this myself, but since my right and down keys arent working, the sim game im working on will have mouse support

SoED

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Idea:

Make a game that uses exposure as mechanic.

I've played PrisonKage created by Vosmug and I loved it simply because you were able to expose your tits. That said, the game makes almost no use of that feature, it's a demo afterall and more about guro content than h content.

Anyways, I think an exposure feature adds a cool theme for games.

In your usual h-game, the h-scenes are triggered after you've been defeated.
So while the player might want to see the h-scenes, the heroine does not.
This isn't bad, I do suck some joy out of bringing my heroine into situations she doesn't want to be in, but on the same time, I want to save her.

I would like to see a game where I don't get into that conflict. I would like to be able to surrender to the enemy, basically accepting my fate.

Gameplay examples:

Everything kills you but you could also expose yourself to the enemy to "just" get raped. Ofcourse, getting raped should also have a drawback, but it should not affect your HP bar.

H themed game:
You have atleast two status bars: HP bar and infestation bar for example.
Getting raped after you've been defeated (not necessarily game over, just knocked down) depletes your HP bar, while exposing yourself to the enemy fills your infestation bar. 0 HP will result in your usual game over, while a full infestation bar could have all sorts of effects, like the heroine transforming into the enemy who has raped her last or the heroine becoming the slut of the enemy and gets impregnated.
I'm a big fan of the non-intrusive "rape scene that doesn't affect HP/etc" idea. As I understand it, that's something that eromancer is working into the Malise and the Machine game.

A self-promotion bump: I've got a few questions that I'm looking for feedback about, related to a game concept that I have. Individual responses from people about their preferences are much appreciated. The thread is easy to find in the main list in this sub-forum. (I'd link to it, but I don't have enough posts to post links yet.) You don't need to read the spoilered sections to answer the questions.

Last edited:
E

erobotan

after finishing my mahou shoujo beatemup I have one project in mind.

It's a beatemup + adventure version of Golden Axe. It's basically a hentai Golden Axe with NPCs to interact with, maybe an inventory system, and a world map instead of going from stage to stage in linear fashion.

yeah, pretty simple and unoriginal lol, feel free to steal it XD !

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

after finishing my mahou shoujo beatemup I have one project in mind.

It's a beatemup + adventure version of Golden Axe. It's basically a hentai Golden Axe with NPCs to interact with, maybe an inventory system, and a world map instead of going from stage to stage in linear fashion.

yeah, pretty simple and unoriginal lol, feel free to steal it XD !
I tried something like that for my first game, it turned out to be more complicated than I wanted for a first game. I do think it's a good idea for an H-game though and will probably get back to it at some point.

E

erobotan

I tried something like that for my first game, it turned out to be more complicated than I wanted for a first game. I do think it's a good idea for an H-game though and will probably get back to it at some point.
yeah, I imagine drawing all the backgrounds will be a real hell lol

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

For me personally, it would be the animation that would get me. Mostly from having just about 0 experience in doing them. I have started on making a few animations, but lining things up so it looks right has become a pain in the ass to a degree I thought not possible.

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

For me personally, it would be the animation that would get me. Mostly from having just about 0 experience in doing them. I have started on making a few animations, but lining things up so it looks right has become a pain in the ass to a degree I thought not possible.
My experience is mostly with Poser, but what I found out (quickly) is that using the "tools" for translation and rotation is a waste of time when animating. You need more precision than they provide when doing something like sex animations (although they can be useful for broad motion). Poser has parameter dials in addition to the tools, I generally use those when animating for more control. And then make finer adjustments with the actual numbers (xyz location and degrees of rotation) if needed. I've never used DAZ (that's what you were using wasn't it?) myself, but it should have similar features, most 3d programs do.

Also helps to find out how your program switches IK on and off, I find myself toggling that frequently, it can save you time and frustration.

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

The basic barrier of "I have no idea what I am doing" is probably the most relevant one. I started doing snaps of things like a girl throwing a punch, or falling down since i have preset poses for those.

For example: I have the standing pose, and the arm fully extended pose, but not an inbetween pose for a punch, kick or anything like that. The problem I have is trying to figure out exactly what I want the inbetween frame(s?) to look like. I may just line my self up near a mirror and take some video of throwing punches and what not just to see what goes where and when.

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

The basic barrier of "I have no idea what I am doing" is probably the most relevant one. I started doing snaps of things like a girl throwing a punch, or falling down since i have preset poses for those.

For example: I have the standing pose, and the arm fully extended pose, but not an inbetween pose for a punch, kick or anything like that. The problem I have is trying to figure out exactly what I want the inbetween frame(s?) to look like. I may just line my self up near a mirror and take some video of throwing punches and what not just to see what goes where and when.
The only way to get past that barrier is practice, that and watch/read a few tutorials if you have time. And you have the right idea with looking at video of people/animals/whatever to see how things are really supposed to move.

Or you could always "cheat", and use motion capture files like some people do. Of course, I don't know how or even if DAZ imports them. (they typically have the .bvh file extension) There are a number of sites with free (and royalty-free) mocap files if you want to go that route. I probably will when I transition to a full 3d engine (someday lol).