What's new

RPG RPG Maker [Swegabe] The Legend of Queen Opala 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

busa-guy

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: The Legend of Queen Opala 2

head north near the east end of echo woods and you'll find it.

abandon3D

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

More accurate description: In Echo Woods, you'll reach a point that has a sign which says you can go 3 ways (4 if you count where you came from). Head north and keep going til you leave the forest. You'll then be on the world map again. Temple of Moon will be clearly visible.

busa-guy

Demon Girl
Reputation score

i quickly slapped this world map together, try to ignore the clouds
they were always moving so no way around that but the terrain
is 100% to scale, hope it helps out
server wouldn't let me upload jpeg so i had to use .zip instead

Attachments

Last edited:

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score

is there a way to get a better lockpick? (i am trying to get to the red chest under Greyruin.)
And Can the castle at Castle Conquest be entered?

there's also a glitch after you give anyone a gift (e.g. Iliona - rare leaves) the relationship words do not disappear.

(For those who do not know: Whenever you ever a tavern where it "says 'name' is not here ..." it's a hint to go and buy some gifts.)

Last edited:

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Where can you get Quartz?
(if no one knows, then just say so)

I am thinking that Quartz is probably dropped by a 'rare' monster since Megabones (special Bone Walkers) drops Mithril

Last edited:

HegemonKhan

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

is there a way to get a better lockpick? (i am trying to get to the red chest under Greyruin.)
And Can the castle at Castle Conquest be entered?

there's also a glitch after you give anyone a gift (e.g. Iliona - rare leaves) the relationship words do not disappear.

(For those who do not know: Whenever you ever a tavern where it "says 'name' is not here ..." it's a hint to go and buy some gifts.)
1. better lockpick

probably not in this episode 1 part of the game we're given, as those locked places likely involve the episode 2 part of the game, which isn't out yet.

2. Castle conquest

I think at a certain point in the game you can enter it, though I'm not that far yet myself, so someone correct me if you can't enter it.

3. Gift glitch

Gabe knows about it, a fix for now, is to open up your art gallery.

4. Quartz

it seems that quartz isn't in episode 1, but you'll have to ask someone else, who's that far into the game, if all the monsters' drops are known by them.

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thank you.

I am done the game (expected I am trying to get all the gallery and Quartz)

List of 'Rare' Monsters' Drops (subjected to editing updates):
Megabone - Mithril
Snakemaster - Gold
Sodwolf - Wolf Pelt
Giganto Brutus - Titanium (or loose for an Illustration)
Amageddon - ???

Lambach33

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So...
Anyone feels this game would have been better without the "Queen Opala" angle?
This just feels as if it would be more fitting as an entirely self contained fantasy setting, perhaps with an Egypt inspired location. As it is, the whole thing seems forced and rather nonsensical.
Plus, the characters of Opala and Farah... I've found them just so... Detestable!
Not once did i feel an ounce of sympathy for, nor a desire to help/save, them and i even kind of resented having them tagging along; The sole motivation i had to not telling them to go f#*K themselves and die was seeing the h-artwork... Hell, even Osira was more likable.
On top of that, i was pissed that the actual characters in my party were being completely ignored. With some two lines, i was far more invested and interested in anything involving Illiona or Layla than those airheads. I was also wishing for a "Baldur's Gate" party dynamic style in which members would/could develop relations(and h-scenes, of course...)
Not too keen with the purple-prose-laced stuff that involved them either(God knows, i've read the word "mature" more than anyone should in a lifetime).

I don't mean to be an asshole, just voicing an opinion.
The game is generally well crafted and i think a future game by the same maker(s) would much benefit from ditching those themes and characters.

PS> "Gabe" would have worked far better as a potential party member(horseman fighter or some-such...), or at least someone your player could hire to live in his estate(as blacksmith maybe(?)) and be a recurring NPC.

hididilly

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So...
Anyone feels this game would have been better without the "Queen Opala" angle?
This just feels as if it would be more fitting as an entirely self contained fantasy setting, perhaps with an Egypt inspired location. As it is, the whole thing seems forced and rather nonsensical.
Plus, the characters of Opala and Farah... I've found them just so... Detestable!
Not once did i feel an ounce of sympathy for, nor a desire to help/save, them and i even kind of resented having them tagging along; The sole motivation i had to not telling them to go f#*K themselves and die was seeing the h-artwork... Hell, even Osira was more likable.
On top of that, i was pissed that the actual characters in my party were being completely ignored. With some two lines, i was far more invested and interested in anything involving Illiona or Layla than those airheads. I was also wishing for a "Baldur's Gate" party dynamic style in which members would/could develop relations(and h-scenes, of course...)
Not too keen with the purple-prose-laced stuff that involved them either(God knows, i've read the word "mature" more than anyone should in a lifetime).

I don't mean to be an asshole, just voicing an opinion.
The game is generally well crafted and i think a future game by the same maker(s) would much benefit from ditching those themes and characters.

PS> "Gabe" would have worked far better as a potential party member(horseman fighter or some-such...), or at least someone your player could hire to live in his estate(as blacksmith maybe(?)) and be a recurring NPC.
So...
You want Legend of Queen Opala, without Queen Opala? Or just a less needy character?

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So...
You want Legend of Queen Opala, without Queen Opala? Or just a less needy character?
haters are gonna hate, just ignore the ones that are purely there to put the creator down and think over the ones that are actually giving legit criticism.

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Does anyone know what and where the last south Legendary Monster is? Plus how to find him?

Does Pure Mineral (for diamond armor) exists in Episode 1?

Last edited:

Lambach33

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So...
Yes and yes.
My point was that it would've been a better story if it wasn't a "Queen Opala" story. But yeah, the character being needy didn't help.
Like i said, the game is well crafted and there are interesting elements in it, but the "Egyptian royal family" thing is a weak point.

haters are gonna hate, just ignore the ones that are purely there to put the creator down and think over the ones that are actually giving legit criticism.
Wow! Name calling as an argument.
Did you think of that all by yourself?

You Win The Prize

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I will admit, the dialogue for Farah is pretty weak; i've heard Mature more times than I care to (just call yourself a MILF once and be done with it, because we get the point). and with this change of locale, she's basically only there for TnA. the Purple Prose doesn't really help all that much either, but what can you do? it's a creative decision.

Lambach, there is an Egypt-inspired setting - it's called Legend of Queen Opala 1. the point of this game is that Osira escaped from her capture in the original game and fled from Egypt to Namaria via Shadow Spikes. in that game, Opala is much less needy (as she still has her throne, and doesn't have the whole 'Fish-Out-Of-Temporal-Water' thing messing with her) and functions less as a tag-along and Damsel in Distress and more as a (much stronger-spined) quest-giver.

the attention to the other party members, though, is much much greater in 2, as in 1 they simply are mercenaries that are just to give you firepower; none of them (except for Murdock, and that's only because he shows up again in 2) get any storyline development whatsoever, and beyond talking in taverns and hiring them, don't get any speaking lines at all. as for H-scenes with them... I'm fairly certain the relationship meters mean that when episode 2 comes around, you'll be banging elves and namarian generals in short order. :cool:

abandon3D

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Queen Opala without Opala... Haha... Makes me think of the Legend of Zelda games... A fair number of them are perfectly fine without Zelda (she isn't even in a good number of them and yet the series is perfectly fine.) But yeah, I see your point, Opala and Farah aren't really all that great... Lemme give my view though:

Opala's relevance: Well, she is important since the whole journey really started after meeting her. Without her popping up, Kai woulda just gone on with his life (probably woulda gotten killed too by that Dark Knight dude in Sanctus since it was Opala who urged him to retreat.) The fact that she's supposedly a key of some sort for the enemy's plot also shows how important she is... Her being "needy" is somewhat a given since she's in unfamiliar land... Sure, she can call herself a queen there, but if people don't know her (in fact most don't even know Egypt) then any power/authority from her would be non-existent. I suppose it's forgivable, but the whole "Get banged by a minotaur once = lose self-control right away" thing coulda gone better... I mean, she was willing within the first 10 seconds of seeing the minotaur dick... Sure, she's kind of a slut early on, but no real resistance on her part makes it hard to want to save her...

Farah = no relevance at all... Seriously... She's just a milf and proud of it. Not a bad thing, but you could at least give her some character...

Anyway, the opening message thing mentions the whole "Donations could help bring about a sequel" so we can hope for improvements in character in the next game. Maybe we can expect better relations with the other party members (maybe even multiple endings, but that's unlikely) if we ask Gabe enough.

HegemonKhan

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

the master hentai illustration in the moon palace (next to the vial of life chest), doesn't show up in the art gallery-illustration pages

the General Gnome LM still isn't displaying as completed in the Beastiary for me (and I did kill it, lol).

the beds in the Grand Aideen Palace's Dungeon and the Duchess' Dungeon are blocking some of the glowing desks in these two dungeons

If anyone could let Gabe know, that would be great!

Last edited:

Dronez

Reputation score

At the beginning of the game i have let the old coot stay at his hime rather than
him coming with me to investigate the bright flash, so he doesnt doe. but throughout the game i cannot use the crystals to travel to the sky temple? is this connected with me not killling the old coot and isthere a way to use teh crystals to transport again?

busa-guy

Demon Girl
Reputation score

If memory serves, to be able to transport between crystals
you need the "crystal fragment" located in greystone ruins.

CyCaDeLiC

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Where can you get Quartz?
(if no one knows, then just say so)

I am thinking that Quartz is probably dropped by a 'rare' monster since Megabones (special Bone Walkers) drops Mithril
Pretty sure you can't get Quartz. Same as with the Pure Mineral.

2. Castle conquest

I think at a certain point in the game you can enter it, though I'm not that far yet myself, so someone correct me if you can't enter it.
As far as I know this area is reserved for ep2.

Does Pure Mineral (for diamond armor) exists in Episode 1?
Same as with Quartz, think it's reserved for ep2. Tbh the titanium/broncallo set is more than enough for ep1.

Anyway, the opening message thing mentions the whole "Donations could help bring about a sequel" so we can hope for improvements in character in the next game. Maybe we can expect better relations with the other party members (maybe even multiple endings, but that's unlikely) if we ask Gabe enough.
Better relations? If you played the first game you'll notice how much Gabe improved in that area. And multiple endings have already been there / are there, depending on your choices.

the General Gnome LM still isn't displaying as completed in the Beastiary for me (and I did kill it, lol).
That's odd, I'm fairly sure he's displayed for me. Maybe a rare bug that you experienced?

Oh and I love how some people bash the game/story without even having played through the whole thing. Farah unnecessary? Well I'd say just play another hgame then, cause as I see it, the royal family shouldn't pop up in pieces. I bet people would complain much more if Farah or even Opala wouldn't appear. Really, the only thing I agree on is that Opala broke a bit too quick - but couldn't that possibly be just a trick, fooling with us players? I just doubt that everything is so one-dimensional as some want to see it. Whatever it may be like, I'd withhold any judgement until ep2 is released and the complete game/story seen & played.

HegemonKhan

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

The General Gnome LM corrected itself once I completed (killed) the 2nd story boss.

Probably most of the problems we find are simply related to separating half the game, instead of actual problems within the full game, whenever it'll be released.

----------

P.S.

in the first game (LoQO 1), Osira had her fun mostly with Farah (you had to rescue Farah), and now Osira is mostly having her fun with Opala, as she's the one kidnapped in this game (LoQO 2 Episode 1), hehe. The "Egyptian Royals" (Farah, Opala, and Osira) are such a male-fantasy great family, lol :D Gabe wonderfully tapped well into our male-fantasies :D

Last edited:

HegemonKhan

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Has anyone found or tried to find these secret tunnels into the Blackeagle Fortress that the characters mention about, to avoid "taking on the entire Blackeagle Gang"?

Status
Not open for further replies.