What's new

RPG Patreon Active [Paladox] The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss (Version 0.745)

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss. V1B12P1 (Updated June 20th, 2015)

I've had an idea for a minor character for a while now but couldn't find a proper image to represent her. I wanted an image of hentai amputee girl chained to a dungeon wall but there doesn't seem to be anything that specific. So... I decided to take a hentai cat girl image and edit it. Not sure who the artist is but I guess it's similar enough to Miyama Kannon.

(WARNING: Viewer discretion is advised. Image of naked and abused legless cat girl.)

Details
The bright red spots are where hooks have been lodged inside her. The other 3 chains are all looped around her and held on with padlocks.
There's a bit of fresh semen on her. I also put some dark yellow on the wall below her to indicate an extended period of abuse.
There are old scars from scratches, cuts, etc.. Also her skin is bruised from the chains.
And besides her three limbs being amputated her tail was also cut off and the top of her ear has been cut off.
I wish I could have done better on her stumps but I guess it looks OK considering I couldn't draw my way out of a paper bag. xD

Last edited:

BigBossFTW

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Looks good I hope to see more soon.

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Should I put out a new update as I finish each area or would it be better to wait until I have the rest of the game finished?

I'm thinking after each area but I'd like to know what ya'll think. :)

Edit: Still working on that same boss. I'm so slow. >.>

Last edited:

brofalla

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

It is easier for you when you release it area for area.
And then small releases for bugfixes.
This way user can concentrate on one part, which increases the bug testing for this area.
If one would find a critical bug, which is triggered through one action
(remember debug npc in your dungeon home, deleting your skill), it's way easier to find the source.

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Maybe this is lazy of me, but there are just some boss encounters where I want Sienna to be the only party member who's there to talk.. Having her children chime in, if present, could seriously complicate matters.

So to that effect I'm going to place a booth in the boss rooms (that will only appear after a certain event). When you use the booth one of your party members will state that, "If there's trouble we're here for you.". You'll then be asked if you want to change party members. I wish I could have each character appear or disappear from the booth depending on if they're available or not but for now only two characters will show.. and that's only because they'll never NOT be available (except for Adivia.. due to you assigning her a job).

This way Sienna can deal with the boss on her own terms, but if there's a TB fight to be had.. her children will be there for her.

This is tempting me to do away with assigning her children jobs to do..
But I really don't want to go back and redo stuff at this point. I'd rather push on towards finishing up later sections of the game.

Edit: Still working on the Dr. Geminakes boss fight. Got a lot done but having to sacrifice some sleep to do so. xP
I can still grab a couple hours sleep if I'm lucky though. :)

Edit: Been working on editing the images, characters, etc.. It's funny how much work an encounter can be just because you want it to go a certain way. xP
Hmm I have to make the game over scene as well.. I'm still not sure if game over scenes are necessary.
I might just skip that for now and give the default game over. I can always change it later.

Last edited:

BigBossFTW

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Damn. Your doing good.

BigBossFTW

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hi are you working on anything atm?

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I have worked some on a new area that will fit between the intro and The Abyss. There's still a lot of work needed on it though.

JAB

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Question, when was the newest version to still have the "Bribe with Sex" option? I have not played this in a while and when updating, I missed that function. it was good for scouting. Send her down to turn on lights while daughters fetch stuff, sleep, kill everyone there!

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

You can still get the "bribe with sex" ability by obeying the kidnappers, but...

You might want a version from before the new furniture crafting, etc.. was added since the children can't grow up after that version.

I'm not sure of which version you'd need, but maybe 1B10P11 would do.

If your computer is kinda slow make sure you save often.
Older versions are bad to cause crashes during/after fights due to the high
rate of animated (and not properly disposed) characters during combat.

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Seems I'm missing the one child that can grow up, I'm guessing buying a mystery potion before completing the furniture quest bugged it and now I can't get her anymore.

Could be worthwhile to add some method to get her if you miss her in this way ;_;

JAB

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Now I remember why I stopped playing this, the room with the 5 switches and the iron ball. I tried entering the thing every which way and it never worked. I tried from right to left, from left to right, one line at a time, backwards, i even tried starting from the first R since the red switch moves when you first enter the room. Help, please!

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Look at the rhyme and especially the capitalized letters (which spell out the colors of switches you need to turn on) the part that might trick you up is that you need to do this in the exact order that the rhyme describes so "even the odds" could throw you off as it is an entirely different cipher from the second one with the capital letters.

Even the Odds simply means pull all the even levers, then pull all the odd levers and then pull the three levers corresponding to the capitalized letters in each of the three sentences.

JAB

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Even the Odds simply means pull all the even levers, then pull all the odd levers and then pull the three levers corresponding to the capitalized letters in each of the three sentences.
I did that. Pull down evens, pull down odds, push all back up, pull down Y,G,R, push back up, pull down R,B,P, push back up, pull down R,P,G

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Make sure that you put the levers back between evens and odds as well.

You know you did it right if one of the colors lights up for each step you do successfully.

JAB

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Make sure that you put the levers back between evens and odds as well.

You know you did it right if one of the colors lights up for each step you do successfully.
I am not sure what I am doing wrong!

Midna

Reputation score

Hello there JAB!

I was stuck where you were before ^.^

Even the Odds = make the even switches DOWN, while the odd switches remain UP.

Reverse the above pattern for the next light to turn on.

Y G R = Yellow, Green, and Red switches should be UP.

Flip the above down after the light turns on.

R B P = Red, Blue, and Purple switches should be UP.

Flip the above down after the light turns on.

R P G = Red, Purple, and Green switches should be UP.

After each successful entering of a "code" a purple light should turn on.

(Go from left to right when inputting the "code"

I really hope this helped you :3 (If I was wrong somewhere, tell me, I will fix the walkthrough soon...I realize there are some things omitted that may be useful...)

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I know it's been a while so I thought I'd post about what I've been working on.

It's not much, but I've been working on better implementation of sex with male NPC partners. I took the large sex animation from VH and put the frames together to make the animation. I then made several random variations to it.

I had intended on making different styles for different NPCs but no matter how I change the frames around, speed them up, slow them down, etc.. the mood of the sex just doesn't seem to change any.

What does that mean? Well sex with one male NPC will be very similar to sex with any other male NPC. I will try and have sprite sex going on at the same time (though it might not be necessary. Opinions?). The portraits and sounds will match what's going on in the larger animation of course, rather than the sprite sex.

One reason this took so long to fix up properly is because I have set up Sienna to respond differently during NPC sex based on her personality.

I will likely add more random variations to the sex. I wish I could add so many variations that it would be possible to see something different every time ( so far there are 6 variables, meaning sex could have around 81 outcomes from start to finish). I may try and add variations to the starting and ending sex animations, but I'm not sure how many different ways that could work (based solely on the few things I can change).

Hopefully I can also add other sex styles using the other animations I've taken from VH. Possibly just the doggy style one. There's a couple other animations (and an unused anal animation I dug out of the files) but I'm not sure if I like them well enough to use. We'll see. xP

Edit: Got 3 different starting variations now.

Edit 2: I just finished adding 2 variations for the climax. If there's something players don't like in particular then I'll likely make efforts to remove the offending instances.
I'll also need feedback on the sound effects and responses from Sienna. Players may prefer the sex animation without Sienna's portrait, with sounds only. Or maybe with no sounds.. or maybe a request for male climax sounds? I dunno. We'll see. Now that that's fixed I need to work on some other things. So much to do...

Edit 3: Just finished updating Lava Slime groups.
Roughly 10% done with updating group combat. The Amethyst Lurker group is next!

Edit 4: Just finished updating the Amethyst Lurker group. I then did a battle test and.. Wow.. simply pathetic.
I will seriously be updating the monster stats after I get all this stuff fixed up. They suck big time. xP

Edit 5 (Sept 26th, 2015): The Grisailles will now both fight you at the same time.
The fight is much more difficult and you'll either need to wait on it or devise a more effective strategy.
Most vermin will now flee if the primary enemy is killed.

Edit 6 (Sept 27th, 2015): Just finished modifying the Green Slime, Yellowlust Hornet, and Redwood Tarantula groups.
The green slime won't really have any special behaviors. Hornets will lean toward hostility and the tarantulas will behave more defensively,
only turning aggressive when they have plenty of life to spare.
Getting through the groups slowly, but surely.

Edit 7 (Sept 28th, 2015): Modified the Citrine Plant and 2 Skeletons fights. Still need to mod the other Crypts monsters.
I am considering waiting on those and switching my work to fixing up the monster sex.
Honestly I'm not sure where I left off with that... I'll need to really think hard. Hopefully I left a bookmark somewhere.
The issues I was having a while back with the game crashing really messed me up on that...
I did find a bookmark, but it's only concerning the anti-rape (which needs some work itself).
So much complicated stuff, but it needs to be done. Regretting so many design decisions right now. xD (like wand charges, using any default combat, etc.. for example)

Edit 8 (Oct 11th, 2015): Working on implementing some modifications.
I can't implement all the ideas I had. It's just too much work! I would have liked to implemented some item quantity limitations, but that will have to wait for another game.
There will be some balance changes such as no more mana or life potions. I may implement limited full refill potions, but I'll have to really consider it..
Alternatively I could change antidotes and tonics to recover mana/life (magic/stamina) during combat.
Not being able to recover magic or stamina during a fight means that fights can actually be more interesting and involve more strategy/planning.
I will also be removing the magic orbs (replacing them with upgrade items, as I have done with the mana and life potions), as there was no need for Sienna's intelligence to get that high.
This will help me to more easily balance the game without needing to give the monsters increased health just to keep up with Sienna's power.
Some of them will likely need nerfing now, but we'll see. I'm currenly playing through and fixing things. It's slow, but I'll get there. xP

Currently I'm going through and replacing all crates and chests to conform with the new life & mana potions (changed to essence now).
I'm also replacing various collectibles (namely planks) with versions that *pop* when you collect them... well they bounce now. It's slightly more satisfying to collect items. xP
I've also reworked lumber sources such that you collect them much more quickly now. The animation time has been reduced by about 60%. I will be doing the same for mineable objects.
I'll also be modifying all collectible plant events such that they will bounce when collected. Most have already been done (as they were already changed to the common event system).

Some ideas I'll need to toss out (at least for this game) are limited items (max 10 of almost anything), maximum gold limits, etc..
Which would have made the game more like a Zelda styled adventure.
While that would have been fun and interesting there are just too many events I would have to change. >.>;
I will post more updates soon, hopefully.

Edit 9 (Oct 14th, 2015): It's been a few days. Anyway..
I have updated the entire game with the new boxes, logs, bushes, potatoes, etc..
There's still much work to be done though. My next goal is to change the Magic Orbs.
I will probably rename them to Upgrade Orbs and they will be used to purchase upgrades for your various party members.
Instead of having a dialogue system for this, it may be simpler to build an interactive skill tree.

Edit 10 (" "): It's only been a few hours. Anyway...
I have just finished removing all granted skill exp in the game. It should no longer be possible to accumulate any skill exp, but I will leave the variables in place for a while just to be sure.
Skills will now only level when you find the appropriate item or event that will improve each skill. Currently you can use the skill tree for 1 level in each skill.
I will very likely change the way fire, earth, and wind spells are learned to this as well, except that they would all be fully learned through the skill tree.
Currently I have 20 upgrades for Sienna, which could use up most of the upgrade orbs currently in the game.

Edit 11 (Oct 15th, 2015 at 1:34 AM): Well...
I am still working on Sienna's skill tree. I just finished adding the three fire spells that she can learn. The initial fire spell will still be learned simply by obtaining the spellbook.
You'll be able to pick the weak area spell or strong single-target spell, and then you can either learn the other one or go straight for the strong AoE spell.
Other characters will learn spells the same way. I will be removing the study guides.

Edit 12 (Oct 16th, 2015 at 3:13 AM): I just completed Sienna's skill tree. As the game currently stands you'd need to kill over 120 bosses to unlock everything.
And that's in Sienna's skill tree alone.. But that will change. Some bosses will drop extra upgrade orbs, depending on how well you do.
I will probably also be adding enemies to the late game that will drop upgrade orbs. Some treasures will likely change as well. The +1 Intelligence, +1 Wand Damage, etc.. items will all
be replaced with Upgrade Orbs so that you can choose to spend the points on any character.
All of Sienna's harvest, craft, etc.. skills are now learned in her skill tree. Other characters' trees will have 33% fewer nodes because of this.
The design of each character's tree will likely be quite different. Vallerie's, for example, will focus more on weapon damage, extra life, etc..
She will likely also gain more benefits for upgrade points spent on those nodes.

Edit 13 (Oct 17th, 2015 at 5:11 AM): Nadie's skill tree is complete. At just 63 nodes it's quite a bit less than Sienna's skill tree.
It's possible that I should have given each character their own type of points to spend... but I think allowing players to spend
all points on one character allows for more player control. It's basically like gaining extra levels that you can devote to just
one character that you like a lot.

I am trying to balance the trees such that each character will still be unique in comparison to others.
For example Nadie's nodes are more heavily focused on magic points while Vallerie's will focus more on vigor and weapon damage.
I probably won't consider the skill trees much during testing. It should be a fun feature rather than something you have to use.

Edit 14 (Oct 18th, 2015 at 4:22 AM): Vallerie's skill tree is complete. It took some tweaking, but I got Vallerie's tree down to
63 nodes as well. I'll try and keep all characters aside from Sienna at 63 nodes. Vallerie's skill tree will allow you to easily buff her
weapon power and vigor but you'll need to invest a hefty sum of upgrade points if you want her to learn the spells.

Edit 15 (Oct 19th, 2015 at 4 AM): Charlene's skill tree is now finished as well. Her nodes are more balanced than the others.
Hopefully I can get more than one tree done tomorrow, but we'll see. Adivia's tree might be an exact copy of Nadie's, because their stats are identical.
I might keep the nodes the same but move them around a bit. We'll see.

Edit 16 (Oct 21st, 2015 at 5:55 AM): Finished Clarinda's tree yesterday (I think? Or today?), and just finished Marissa's.
Well.. need to get an hour or two of sleep if I can. xD
I started work on Advia's. After her's is done that will just about finish the new skill tree system (at least in design).
Maybe I can spiff up the early bosses a bit after I do that.

Edit 17 (Oct 22nd, 2015 at 2:27 AM): The skill trees are pretty much finished now. I may want to go back later
and add stuff, but they're good for now. I'm going to go ahead and get some sleep.
If time permits then I plan to tweak the starting area tomorrow.

Edit 18 (Oct 22nd, 2015 at 1:36 PM):
Changed the first boss fight to now give two upgrade orbs. If you get hit by the water/spit it will no longer
damage health. It will now damage Sienna's vigor/hp instead. There are other changes too... but I will leave
that as a surprise. :)

Edit 19 (Oct 25th, 2015 at 2:33 AM):
I have changed all characters to now take 1/4 damage when using the guard/defend command.
This will make the option more viable and make battles more tactical. The damage taken while defending should be as little as possible, at least in my opinion.
I feel this way because a defending character isn't contributing anything positive to the fight, aside from increasing their chances for survival during that round.

I've went back to working on some new areas. It's very slow work because I'm having creative issues. I feel like I know how I want this area to play out, but the execution of it is... proving to be rather difficult to implement. :confused:

I'll get it done eventually. I just need to peck at it at least once per day. xP

Edit 20 (Oct 26th, 2015 at 8:40 AM):
Yawn.. mornings. xP
I've been working on the new area. It's very slow work. New monsters have been added. No rape animations for them yet, but it's not possible to be raped by them at that point in the game anyway...
The new section is coming along nicely. The more I work on it the more I like it. It has some atmosphere/character to it now. I need to figure out some things, but there's various things to do so..
when I don't feel like processing something mentally I can just do the grunt work. I really want to set up the area so that you go to X, Y, Z, etc.. locations at certain times during the day, every day...
BUT only during that section of the game. That's the trick part. I think I know how to do it but it's just.. complicated. Will probably work more on the layout of the area first. It really needs it.

Edit 21 (Oct 27th, 2015 at 8:48 AM):
Making some progress. The new dungeon in the new area is coming along nicely. I just started work on a new boss with a mechanic I've been wanting to implement for a while (something like in a Super
Mario game where the boss is vulnerable for a brief period of time). It works fairly well. I'm considering adding a boss life meter but I may choose to reflect it in the environment somehow, so as to
avoid more HUD/interface work (which I do not enjoy at all). I found out that the reverse dragon statue's upper section was blocking player movement.. so that should be fixed now.

This dungeon will likely be extended later on as it will feature prominently both in the early and later sections of the game. When you first enter there will be lots of stuff you can see but can't
access yet due to a lack of tools. I'll probably only add one more boss to the dungeon before moving along, for now. These two bosses will be completely optional (and likely with alternate dialogue
depending on when you choose to fight them) in the early game. Maybe also optional in the late game.

The main purpose of this dungeon is to entertain the player while events progress. Of course, it won't have the only boss fights for this chapter. I also plan on having multiple quests and other
points of interest that the player can engage in, including a love interest. If I can implement it properly then I might even have multiple NPCs with randomly different dispositions toward Sienna
at the start. Things are going to get complicated, but it should make for some very interesting gameplay IF I can manage to get everything working properly and/or as intended. :)

Edit 22 (Oct 28th, 2015 at 7:19 AM):
Eating breakfast, lunch, and dinner in a game just got seriously over-complicated. :eek:

But I think it's important to include possibilities. I'm sure there are things that players would like to do that I'm not thinking of, but I'm just going to stick with the basics for now. Maybe later on I can add in some other stuff (like spitting on your host's food, asking for more food, etc..). These would probably only be available under special circumstances.

Currently I'm just primarily focused on Sienna's possible reactions. Gotta go!

Last edited:

saviliana

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Can't wait for the next udate.

neagrosk

Reputation score

Nice to see you're making good progress