What's new

[Complete - Full] シノビバスター ミズナ (Shinobi Buster Mizuna) Translation Progress

salking

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: シノビバスター ミズナ (Shinobi Buster Mizuna) Translation Progress

I thought they're the same thing, since I've only ever seen XP, VX, and MV games. Anyway, if you can edit it, look for the エセフルスクリーン script. There, you can customize the button for resizing, by default it's been F5, but since you're saying it won't work....

Btw, do the other shortcuts work for you? Like F1 bringing up a menu, F2 displaying FPS, or F12 resetting the game?
yes all else work, and just to check i copied just the translated script file to an fresh copy and that worked, when i copied system though it stopped working...

OP
elfloren

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

yes all else work, and just to check i copied just the translated script file to an fresh copy and that worked, when i copied system though it stopped working...
My system folder seems to have 2 files in my version: RGSS301.dll and wndsz, which is used in the resizing script.
So it could be that the 2nd file in your main copy got corrupted or something and wouldn't work. Just put the one from your fresh copy and it'll probably be solved.

salking

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

My system folder seems to have 2 files in my version: RGSS301.dll and wndsz, which is used in the resizing script.
So it could be that the 2nd file in your main copy got corrupted or something and wouldn't work. Just put the one from your fresh copy and it'll probably be solved.
replaced both to no avail, it's only when the system.rvdata2 file is changed that i see the script working for whatever reason...

Kwai

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

F5 doesn't resize the window for me either. One thing I noticed though is that when you open up the game as a project in VX Ace and just save the project without making any changes, the F5 will now resize... any ideas what it might be?

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

1: Thanks elfloren immensely for taking the time and completing this project! (also, I acknowledge kriptonite for trying to help in his own way! ;))

2: Interesting. The patch seems to be working just fine with my v2.0 from before, F5 resizing and all.

BUT!
Downloaded the abovementioned version from nyaa -the one elfloren talked about- and to my surprise: the TL indeed broke the resize script somehow! I know, right?! lol

Little helpful addendum: my older Mizuna's exact version (displayed at the top of the title window) is Ver.2.0a-E, while the one with the broken F5 function after patching -downloadable via nyaa- is Ver.2.0a...
I think Ver.2.0.a-E is the one they released with the official "engrish" partial translatian of the game.

On another note. Am I really the only one whose game totally lags and seems very unresponsive (like FPS is under 15 or so) when the picture of Mizuna is displayed - patched or no patched, regardless of version?! *sad*
Borderline unplayable without the 'Picture Indication' option turned off. Thoughts? :p

EDIT: LOLOLOLOLOL!
If you change the game title in the game.ini to "Title=SHINOBI BUSTER Ver.2.0a-E" in the main folder of the patched game... F5 will work with the 'nyaa' 'Ver.2.0a' version too. This is cracking me up! :D

Last edited:
OP
elfloren

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

BUT!
Downloaded the abovementioned version from nyaa -the one elfloren talked about- and to my surprise: the TL indeed broke the resize script somehow! I know, right?! lol

Little helpful addendum: my older Mizuna's exact version (displayed at the top of the title window) is Ver.2.0a-E, while the one with the broken F5 function after patching -downloadable via nyaa- is Ver.2.0a...
I think Ver.2.0.a-E is the one they released with the official "engrish" partial translatian of the game.

On another note. Am I really the only one whose game totally lags and seems very unresponsive (like FPS is under 15 or so) when the picture of Mizuna is displayed - patched or no patched, regardless of version?! *sad*
Borderline unplayable without the 'Picture Indication' option turned off. Thoughts? :p
Wait, I thought the one I mentioned from nyaa was the Ver.2.0a-E... It's not?? Then really sorry to everyone, but it seems I had another version indeed, since when I started translating, I had that machine translated partial to work with... And I can't even remember which one, I was certain it was the nyaa version. There's a possibility I got it from a link in the original thread. Though why the 2.0a and the 2.0a-E version would be different, I dunno. Maybe when they partialed it, they edited stuff in the script, so I have the edited script...

The lag you mention happens to me as well but only for the first time the animations happen whenever I open the game. Like, I load a save, it lags for a second when I start walking, lags for another second when I jump, and then it's fine. If it persists, it probably has to do something with your hardware, not sure if the animations are dependent on cpu or ram.

zipetya

Reputation score

Sorry to essentially just repost, but just so noone misses it because the 8th page of the thread was started while I was just editing my post:
EDIT: LOLOLOLOLOL!
If you change the game title in the game.ini to "Title=SHINOBI BUSTER Ver.2.0a-E" in the main folder of the patched game... F5 will work with the 'nyaa' 'Ver.2.0a' version too. This is cracking me up! :D
Also, thanks for the suggestion. I don't think the cpu or ram should be the cause, though. My hardware should be more than capable of handling Shinobi Buster! lol

My laggy behaviour is stubborn - definitely not one second. But okay, will try to give the game some time to adjust (maybe make it out of the first town? hehe)

Kwai

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

It seems like the title name in the Game.ini is saved in System.rvdata2, and the resize script is taking the title name to find the window it needs to resize. That's why it didn't work for us with 2.0a since elfloren was using 2.0a-E :D

GAME_TITLE = load_data("Data/System.rvdata2").game_title.encode('SHIFT_JIS')
GAME_HANDLE = @@FindWindow.call("RGSS Player", GAME_TITLE)

Thanks for your discovery, zipetya

salking

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Oh come on really?
Doing the renaming thing in game.ini that zipetya mentioned worked for me as well.

But true, if you started with their partially translated version I can understand why I had issues.

Also doing the search again on nyaa I still find the 2 I found before.
and none of them are 2.0a-E as far as I can see

OP
elfloren

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yeah sorry guys, I was 100% certain that the nyaa version I mentioned was the 2.0a-E, so I never really thought that it would be the problem... It's k now though since you managed to resolve it!

spaminator

Reputation score

It lags for me a little as well, but only when I have the character pic visible. I don't think its my system but I guess it could be.

The Don

Reputation score

don't know if it'll help but most if not all lag the i experienced stopped after pressing f1 going into the options and unticking "reduce screen flickering" just my experience not exactly sure what the option even does tho

Shamoke

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thanks for the translation. I was wondering what the deal is with the little symbol above the walking portrait? It isn't present if I disable the translation.
i.imgur.com/uwb7tbq.png

OP
elfloren

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thanks for the translation. I was wondering what the deal is with the little symbol above the walking portrait? It isn't present if I disable the translation.
i.imgur.com/uwb7tbq.png
That's because I had disabled the time script the game originally used, since it clogged up any translator program people used. Though I could enable it back since the game is now fully translated, it doesn't serve any purpose like in Yorozuya Princess, so I didn't really care about it.

Grimoire

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hey guys, sorry I'm new. Any idea how to apply the translated files into the game folder? :)

Grimoire

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Ah, thanks so much!

Shamoke

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Figured you might want to know about this missed line that showed up after entering the wrong door several times.
i.imgur.com/AMHil1j.png
edit: Found some more.
i.imgur.com/lNF6rN9.png
i.imgur.com/X9UCHEu.png

Last edited:
OP
elfloren

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Figured you might want to know about this missed line that showed up after entering the wrong door several times.
i.imgur.com/AMHil1j.png
edit: Found some more.
i.imgur.com/lNF6rN9.png
i.imgur.com/X9UCHEu.png
I thought I translated that door on an update... Apparently I missed something. Will check those out when I can, thanks ;)

OP
elfloren

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well... It seems I had missed some status stuff in a script, thanks for bringing that to my attention. Also, new update up, tell me if anything else comes up.