What's new

ACT Unknown/Hiatus [Zicare] Unforbidden

robdelobe

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Looks like a new platformer is coming our way. 3D graphics on a 2D plane. The demo seems really wel designed, although it is pretty bare-bones, mechanics seem to work very nicely.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueLight

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Unforbidden (platformer)

here is part of the URL to legend of Krystal thread he started. I wouldn't expect updates there but more information the better.
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2937

Since i'm not allowed to post URLs until my 15th post, i will assume you know what site i'm talking about and where to add that bit of the URL i gave you.

Ragnarok-Bloodedge

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I am going to withdraw myself slowly as i say this on my desk.

Choosing a H/XXX Unreal Engine Game/Product is very, very difficult! And can cause you some really awesome or fucked up moments. Depending how well you do and your knowledge of the Unreal Engine. Since the Unreal Engine doesn't fuck around when it comes to playing around with it to create or do something with it.

But this sounds and looks very interesting. I really want it to be H/XXX 3D Unreal Engine Game. I don't mind if you have some Ryona or etc in it. Just don't overdo it. We have enough of those around lately. And it doesn't create a boner, unless you are REALLY awkward person. Yes...you, Ryona Fans.

I'll keep my eyes festered upon this.

helhansen84

Lurker
Reputation score

surroundings look fine... but it will be difficult to make sexy characters. that could be the main flaw in the end : /

but i dont want to sound like i'm not interested. this is definitely an interesting project.

Deathwing9000

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Well the UDK/Unreal engine is rather forgiving in terms of importing and texturing (creating materials) and kismet control.... its the Coding that it becomes a nightmare.

FBX (import the 3d model) Targa (TGA, the textures, normals, specs, and emissives) and the naming conventions (UCX for unreal Custom Collisions... etc)

I am rather familiar with the engine and this is an interesting idea, albeit i have never heard of someone using the Unreal engine for a hentai game

wonder how it will turn out for him... or if it will be dropped because of the sheer headaches it will cause down the road with setting all the scripts properly.

EXCEPT: this game is made with unity not UDK...

thats a whole different ballgame and is code friendly

Last edited:

kenkashi501

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

World of Whorecraft: The Chronicles of Alexstrasza was made using Unreal wasn't it?

Zikare

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Whoa, a thread for my game! I was planning to announce it here once I got a bit more to show, but it looks like you beat me to it :D

But this sounds and looks very interesting. I really want it to be H/XXX 3D Unreal Engine Game. I don't mind if you have some Ryona or etc in it. Just don't overdo it. We have enough of those around lately. And it doesn't create a boner, unless you are REALLY awkward person. Yes...you, Ryona Fans.
Hmm... I don't know what specifically you'd consider "overdoing," but this is in general what I have in mind:

• I'm hugely put off by torture, mutilation, permanent injuries and all that, so that won't ever be in my games.
  • There will be non-consensual sex in the game. Sarah (the game's protagonist) is a pretty tough mercenary, so you won't hear her begging for mercy - she'd rather insult and threaten her assailant).
  • There will be inter-species encounters. A lot. From wildlife to tentacle monsters to possibly sentient mythological and alien creatures.
  • Depending on the player's actions, she might finish the game untouched, may hate her experiences, get used to it or even enjoy it and have a favorite enemy to come to :p

surroundings look fine... but it will be difficult to make sexy characters. that could be the main flaw in the end : /
Yep, very true. Badly done 3D characters keep reminding you of their flaws, be it weird proportions, blocky animations or embedding their limbs in solid matter.

I'm not an artist (neither 2D nor 3D) by any chance, so I'm trying to get around this by limiting my own work to the environment (caves, mountains, etc.) and buying 3D models where I know I would fail horribly. I also decided not to do any close-ups, circling cameras or such - it'll be just like a 2D game with little sprites getting violated, except that it's all 3D models.

Here are two close-ups of the main character (replace _ with : obviously):
http_//i.imgur.com/L9NssnX.jpg
http_//i.imgur.com/goLaUUk.jpg

EXCEPT: this game is made with unity not UDK...

thats a whole different ballgame and is code friendly
Right, it's Unity - the free version for now (meaning: no real-time shadows, depth blurring, water reflections and such). I've considered UDK and alternatives like Ogre 3D or C4 Engine, too, but Unity just has this friggin' fast workflow.

In any case, I'll try my best, but I won't be able to create state-of-the-art graphics. I just hope that using 3D graphics doesn't raise expectations people will be having (aka. "CoD looks way better than this!!1") ;)

MajorKagami

Tentacle God
Reputation score

one of my all time favorite games is KOTOR. the graphics in that are I'd say around the same and I've played that so many times I could care less about the way it looked it always will be one of the best games I've every played.
Contend and story is were your game will have to make up for graphics. from what I see and am reading your going to have a pretty decent game.

Ragnarok-Bloodedge

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Thanks for that information, Zikare. At least then i know what i'm getting myself into without getting disappointed. Appreciated.

That makes me even more intrigued by this. Can't wait to put my hands in a more progressed state of the Beta. I want to try out with having enemies around and testing out how this may be.

I know she is a Mercenary and all that shizz. But remember now, my friend. The Humans Mental State changes as they progress through Torture, Sexuality and etc. This means their Personality becomes a bit altered and changes from the Enviroment and their Experiences. Leading them to be different then they used to be. Sometimes, they have own fears or doesn't seem interested, pleased and such by specific things.

You have to keep in mind that even a sodding Super Soldier with a AI Chip in their brain can be altered. Depending on how you do it. While these creatures are Outer-Space. Means they have unknown effects and such to us. So we are never prepared for what the unknown has in store for us.

This is only a rant of some Psychological thoughts biased on us Humans in General. I know this is a Game. But i want it to feel like its not like she's "I CAN NOT BE BROKEN!!! WAAAGH!!!" style. It makes me facepalm and think she has some serious AI Fuck-You-All Attitude.

Just opinions and thoughts of mine.

Deathwing9000

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Yep, very true. Badly done 3D characters keep reminding you of their flaws, be it weird proportions, blocky animations or embedding their limbs in solid matter.

I'm not an artist (neither 2D nor 3D) by any chance, so I'm trying to get around this by limiting my own work to the environment (caves, mountains, etc.) and buying 3D models where I know I would fail horribly. I also decided not to do any close-ups, circling cameras or such - it'll be just like a 2D game with little sprites getting violated, except that it's all 3D models.

Here are two close-ups of the main character (replace _ with : obviously):
http_//i.imgur.com/L9NssnX.jpg
http_//i.imgur.com/goLaUUk.jpg

Well from what i have seen, you have a basic understanding of 3D, you just need to get a little better with your animations (or skinning for the rig), when she was pulling herself up her arms were not working like a normal person from what i saw, it felt like she was a machine then anything else (that can be fixed by using Polycount's website for human anatomy movements)

There are plenty of websites out there to help you out...

if you need programs or at least some to look at for getting an idea of how models are made that look very realistic i would recommend the following

3ds max (staple for any Modeller really)
Maya (similar to 3DS max since its same company but animation options are better)
ZBrush (create high and i mean HIGH poly models with extreme detail, like molding clay... import model add high poly details, create a topology for it and export it back to 3ds max and then create a normal of it)
Crazybump (quick way to create specs, normals, and a wide variety of additional textures from one image.... if your in a snag)

NDO (normal maping addon for Photoshop, or new stand alone version)
DDO (same thing but now has a stand alone that does AMAZING WORK!)

Photoshop (detailing your textures)

Xnormal (similar to crazy bump but you take your high poly model and low poly model and it does most of the work for you in creating the textures)

theres a vast list really but thats the normal things i have come to use for 3d modelling... (environments are so fun to work on)

but if you need any advice on what to tweek or fix... im sure some of us here will be able to offer some help and advice.

-----

as for your character model since you wont be able to see her up close (unless you plan to add a G.O.R or close up in the game) it looks like it will be fine, her texture on the clothing though may need some touchups but overall your anatomy is correct in terms a proportions.

Your test environment lighting needs work (but its free unity so i know what you mean... need to get the pro version sometime and see the difference)

please do keep it up, even though it may not be able to be a portfolio piece or anything... you can always make use of your models later for future projects (environments, monsters, main character) just dont think combination of monster xxx'ing protagonist will be good for a employer :p

Edit:

also if your looking for 3d help...

a few links that could help with your things

(male female body)

(main wiki where you can find everything basically)

(hair technique)

(hair technique)

(modular environments, can be applied to unity)

(modular rocks technique)

(I CANNOT SAY HOW HELPFUL THIS IS! it shows how body moves and talks in depth on it

Last edited:

omp1234

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

That whorecraft game is some solid proof that while something in unreal engine could make for a FANTASTIC concept, you have to have spot-on execution for it to be even remotely playable. Unfortunately that game suffered from hilariously terrible clipping with the environment, a god awful control scheme, no way to significantly lower the heavy graphics extras (so if you have anything lower than a high-end PC, good luck running it), and it's basically a barely-playable hunk of garbage because the maker isn't a pro at using an industry-standard engine that requires a shitload of know-how for ambitiously complex projects (at no fault to his own).

Zikare

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

@Ragnarok-Bloodedge: Don't interpret it so black and white :) - I just wanted to make the point that she's not a crybaby.

There's every chance that I'll mess up, but the showpiece of the game will be that her remarks and her attitude change depending on various metrics captured while you play (eg. do you often approach a certain enemy without attacking, do you struggle less than valiantly in some situations, do you let certain enemies live, etc.).

I've written a bit more about that in my thread on the Legend of Krystal forums, but I guess the best thing is to put my money where my mouth is and actually get it coded and ready to show :D

Well from what i have seen, you have a basic understanding of 3D, you just need to get a little better with your animations (or skinning for the rig), when she was pulling herself up her arms were not working like a normal person from what i saw, it felt like she was a machine then anything else (that can be fixed by using Polycount's website for human anatomy movements)
Ah, right, another thing I only mentioned in my thread over at the Legend of Krystal forums: the pull-up animation is still work in progress (that's also why it is in super-slow motion - if you view it at normal speed it will make sense :eek:).

Thanks for all the links! I've been scouring YouTube for anatomy references all the time (eg. her run cycle is based on how female 400m runners move).

I'd be honored if you could take another look at the animations once my next release is out (in about one week) and critique them. Most of the animations in the current demo are just placeholders. It's quite possible that my animations will suck after all, just not that hard :)

as for your character model since you wont be able to see her up close (unless you plan to add a G.O.R or close up in the game) it looks like it will be fine, her texture on the clothing though may need some touchups but overall your anatomy is correct in terms a proportions.
Well, I can't take credit for the anatomy as it is a model I just bought, but what would you change about the clothing? Some pattern on it or a motive maybe? Or different contours, maybe Jeans-like or perhaps totally smooth?

Last edited:

Ragnarok-Bloodedge

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Its going to get interesting as to how you'll approach this game by developement and twists. Its good to see if this doesn't get One-Way'ed sort of. And yes, i saw kinda black and white of it. But not exactly. Kind of...

I just wanted to state that it should be kinda obvious. Since she's not a Robot and such. You do what you wanna. But i like playing around and messing with things to see what happens and such. Maybe even enemies becoming my Allies as Summons once a while and such. That would kinda be boss-some.

But as said. I'll see how this turns out. Can't wait for more updates, Zikare. Great project!

F

Fast Forward Flux

Looks like it could be interesting, not usually a fan of the 3D on 2D thing, but again, it could work, you never know!

cm46138

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Looks like a new platformer is coming our way. 3D graphics on a 2D plane. The demo seems really wel designed, although it is pretty bare-bones, mechanics seem to work very nicely.
Don't know why, but the pictures of the planet and space station gave me a vibe of this:

ServerSurfer

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I wonder if this unity game engine can pull off cell shading. It's one of the better ways to make a 3D model look clean and well done despite a lack of detailing. I also wondered if lowering the display colors of the model would give it more of a 2D sprite look like the Dragon Claw character I've seen in Mugen.

Zikare

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

It lets you write your own shaders, so yes, cell shading is rather easy to achieve. But it's not quite the look I want and would require even more tweaking, I believe.

Anyway, what there shouldn't be a lack of detail anywhere - just a lack of artistic skill :)

Zikare

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Done! I'm still seeing wireframe models when I close my eyes, which might be a bad sign, but after pushing like crazy for almost a week, I put together the next release :D

• There's a demonstration of the corruption system (drastically sped up so you can see some effects without getting bored)
  • Destructible clothing
  • Corruption system
  • Horny wolves
  • Struggle/submit system
  • Additional moves and proper animations
  • Much, much larger world

Screenshots:
http_//i.imgur.com/6d1gmqt.jpg
http_//i.imgur.com/xPpqqLj.jpg
(sorry, still haven't reached 15 posts, guess I'm the silent type :cool:)

It would be cool if Deathwing9000 and Ragnarok-Bloodedge are still reading in on this thread, you both gave me a lot of input and I would love to hear what you think of the new animations and the corruption system. That pull-up animation still could use a bit more polish, I believe, but I'm pretty happy with the squatting, kneeling, sliding, jumping and sex animations now :)

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Done! I'm still seeing wireframe models when I close my eyes, which might be a bad sign, but after pushing like crazy for almost a week, I put together the next release :D

• There's a demonstration of the corruption system (drastically sped up so you can see some effects without getting bored)
  • Destructible clothing
  • Corruption system
  • Horny wolves
  • Struggle/submit system
  • Additional moves and proper animations
  • Much, much larger world

Screenshots:
http_//i.imgur.com/6d1gmqt.jpg
http_//i.imgur.com/xPpqqLj.jpg
(sorry, still haven't reached 15 posts, guess I'm the silent type :cool:)

It would be cool if Deathwing9000 and Ragnarok-Bloodedge are still reading in on this thread, you both gave me a lot of input and I would love to hear what you think of the new animations and the corruption system. That pull-up animation still could use a bit more polish, I believe, but I'm pretty happy with the squatting, kneeling, sliding, jumping and sex animations now :)