What's new

ADV [7th Dream] Pretty Warrior May Cry RJ086864

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnuser

Reputation score
Re: (7th Dream) Pretty Warrior May Cry (Read the *updated* First Post)

And of course the v2.2 update you guys were looking for:

mediafire.com/?4w8ecxcpzseuzl5

pass: Upped_by_Bladen
Mediafire is blocking this for downloads since the archive is password protected. Does anyone have a mirror?

Vkun

Reputation score

Not sure why, but none of the animations show up in the game for me.
No H to speak of other than the pictures on the gallery (which also doesn't work)

I downloaded the torrent and used the V2.2 update, did I do something wrong?

Edit: found the problem, I opened the wrong .exe :p

Last edited:

abcbudokai3

Reputation score

Any hopes of getting the patch up again?

cmacleod42

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Hi all,
for fun I recently decompiled the game and did some changes.

My apologies to the people from 7th Dream, but they appear to be out of business now, their website offline.

This corrects the following bug in the latest version
  • When playing a custom game, your money/souls would become NaN after a stage was completed
  • A lot of english language fixes. I was not thorough here but tried to get the most glaring fixes
  • You could improve the tentacle monsters speed stat, but they were imobile. I removed the option to customise those stats
  • Improved the speed for saving/loading

Additionally I did a few tweaks to the game, just minor thing but some were trivial annoyances for me.

The most notable was that you could only have 1 Knight, 1 Wizard and 1 Swordswoman captive awaiting torture. This meant on some levels you were forced to kill some. Now you can have as many captives as you like, and capture everyone!

The other siginificant change I did is you can now save during a custom story. Previously you could not save/load a game and had to play all the stages in one sitting. I have done limited testing here, but it seems to be working fine.

Also note the game requires a folder for custom stories
ActivedMap
this is required for custom maps (was missing from my install) Note spelling is odd, but that is what is used internally. If the folder is not present you cannot activate a custom story.

NOTE: there are still some bugs present in the game, notably for the story editor creating incorrect blankish lines. I have also seem some odd issues in the torture screen. The torture ones maybe a bug I introdused, not immediately sure.

Once again my apologies to 7th Dream and no offense is intended.

Note: I cannot actually post my edit, I need to post more elsewhere to get to a 15 post number, give me a few days. I did upload to a filehost site. I also tried attaching a zip version to this post but was informed a security token was missing?

I'll post some asorted feedback over the next few days and then post the edit, unless a moderator asks me not to.

cmacleod42

Reputation score

Not sure why, but none of the animations show up in the game for me.
No H to speak of other than the pictures on the gallery (which also doesn't work)

I downloaded the torrent and used the V2.2 update, did I do something wrong?

Edit: found the problem, I opened the wrong .exe :p
The patch does not include the various animations, so most likely you extracted it into a separate folder and did not overwrite the existing game files.

EDIT: sorry just noticed the original posters edit, sorry for the reply.

RichInsanity

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Note: I cannot actually post my edit, I need to post more elsewhere to get to a 15 post number, give me a few days. I did upload to a filehost site. I also tried attaching a zip version to this post but was informed a security token was missing?

I'll post some asorted feedback over the next few days and then post the edit, unless a moderator asks me not to.
Just a little Hint:
You can still posts Links even if you do not fulfill the requirement of 15 Posts.
Just butcher the Link like this:
mediafire(.)com/blablubb

cmacleod42

Reputation score

Ok,
here is my edit of the version 2.2 of the game, unofficially 2.2a.
exoshare[dot]com/download.php?uid=INSTNYMJ
This includes the version 2.2 patch. Note the link is slightly distorted to permit my posting (it is taking a while for me to reach the 15 post requirement and not make useless comments)

To install download and unzip the archive into your game installation. Please make sure first to backup the files/folders

Game.exe
data/images/score*.*
fscommand/StoryEditor.exe
fscommand/save.exe

NOTE: this does not include the file Game.swf. I found playing the game the swf version would never actually save the game, both the original of version 2.x and my edit. I could not work out why, aside from some Flash security issue around using fscomand to run an external exe file. Also I found in my edit some odd bugs only in the swf version, possibly a flash player 11 issue. These do not exist in the exe version I have made.

NOTE: this is not a full version of the game, I will not post it. Please buy from one of the dlsites as I did.

NOTE: there were some text layout issues caused by my decompiler so some screens may not be identical to the original, but should be quite close.

NOTE: last one hopefully, you may see a new subfolder pwmc, that was an accident in my making the archive. Please ignore or delete, the game will not use it.

And to repeat from my previous post, my apologies to 7th Dream, no offence intended, I will remove this if asked by a moderator here or a representitive of 7th Dream.

Balthimer

Reputation score

Am I missing something obvious? The files are all password protected.

cmacleod42

Reputation score

You are right, I was trying to get around an issue with uploading to the forum.

The password is
ulmf

Balthimer

Reputation score

That worked splendid. Thank you!

Deathblade88

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: (7th Dream) Pretty Warrior May Cry (Read the First Post)

The ending, you shouldn't quit after finished chapter 17 or you won't be able to trigger the last cg.

I'm at the ending and all it does is just repeat over and over again. How do I exit to title screen?

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The ending, you shouldn't quit after finished chapter 17 or you won't be able to trigger the last cg.

I'm at the ending and all it does is just repeat over and over again. How do I exit to title screen?
If your monitor-resolution is big enough, and it's v2.2 (or whatever the latest is), then there should be a quit button of some kind at the bottom when it's playing.

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

is it true that 7th-dream went out of business? does any one still have the 2.2 patch for download. i think im still on 1.0 since i have the option on the top right to update to 2.0

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score

is it true that 7th-dream went out of business? does any one still have the 2.2 patch for download. i think im still on 1.0 since i have the option on the top right to update to 2.0

Yep, they're out of business. And I'm not making an account just to upload my v2.2. Sorry.

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

does any one still have to 2.2 patch? the sukebei and anime-sharing links are all 1.0 it seems.

Carver

Lurker
Reputation score

If your monitor-resolution is big enough, and it's v2.2 (or whatever the latest is), then there should be a quit button of some kind at the bottom when it's playing.
All versions before 2.0 do not have the quit button. Just alt+F4 when you get that guitar riff and the 7th dream credits with the demon lord in fire

asdlolxd12345

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Can someone post a link with the 2.0 patch? Even a redirect link is ok...i was searching for like 45 minutes without finding anything good :(

Zikare

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Wow, I think DLSite had shown me this game as a recommendation several times already (at least the name sounded familiar), but until now I hadn't noticed that it was English, had proper good gameplay and featured interesting monsters to boot :)

Sad to see that 7th Dream isn't around anymore.

I've bought the Enhanced Edition just yesterday and I'm loving it.

Though, after seeing a few pictures from Version 1 of the game, I am now a bit jealous and probably should have bought that one. The movies look much better without this cell shading thing going on and instead of the cerberus there seems to be an actual wolf you can send into the dungeons :D

vengeanceage

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

sry to bring bk that old thread but the game is rly cool, and v 1 is far better than 2 regrading the H clips quality, but can some 1 upload the patch for v 1.3 cuz am stuck with v 1.0 here plz :eek:

vengeanceage

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, i rly want that patch T_T

Status
Not open for further replies.