What's new

Overwhored RPG Maker Game FULL GAME UPDATE!

OP
Cypress_z

Cypress_z

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: Overwhored RPG Maker Game UPDATE IMMINENT!

Overwhored is a fun RPG that puts you in the role of the Overmind, an immortal man that seeks to brainwash and bang all the women of the world. Three years ago you were slain by a group of mighty heroines, but now you have been revived by your loyal servants to fight them again!

The game has commissioned art from spectacular artists like Sleepymaid, PChronos, Hombre Blanco, and Mindwipe, as well as many other skilled artists!

Here are some previews of what you'll find in the game:

The Old Release:

Ladies and gentlemen, the new version of Overwhored is about to come out in a few days! If you can't wait, here is the very outdated old version of the game:

There will be a new beta release on Christmas Day for donators and a New Years release for the public! It's coming SOON.

I also keep a blog where I post weekly status updates. Check it out!

Last edited:

Tykopulus

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Overwhored RPG Maker Game UPDATED 10/MAR/14!

Hi!

Im just in Sayda looking for the breatmilk and the potatos.
I think i allready was everywhere in the City.
Pub/Inn, the few houses i can enter, docks (where i can save this starving Girl)

But i cant get onthe wall or the two Palaces.

What do i have to do to get on the wall / get into the Palaces?

I miss something here ;-)

Thanks for help!

OP
Cypress_z

Cypress_z

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Hey all! I wanted to go ahead and update you on the game.

First off I work on a farm as one of my jobs. As such I'm ALWAYS very, very busy during the summer, to the extent that I did work myself sick twice recently. For most game devs this would be bad news and excuse not to work on a game, but for me that's fairly good news. Why? Because when I'm stuck on bedrest during the periods where I'm awake I can actually have time to work on the game. And what work I've been doing.

Long story short the biggest thing I've been doing lately is converting the game from RPG Maker VX to RPG Maker VX Ace. To 0nymous's (The team map maker) credit he wanted to do this a long time ago and I avoided it because I hoped I could work around some of the problems with vanilla RPG Maker VX. I eventually did decide it was just too much bother. It's an incomplete and dead system and an endless headache. VX Ace is complete, has new scripts, and frankly does every damn thing better than VX vanilla.

Good news: There was an automatic converter that did 99% of the work for me, and I've mostly been looking for game breaking bugs and converting over the fair amount of stuff that didn't make the transition. Well that and working with scripts (custom programming for the game).

You as players probably won't notice a lot of difference in the end, but *I* will, and I know 0nymous will. Mapping is infinitely easier now that we don't have to use SwapXT. You see - in VX Ace you can use as many tiles as you like, but in Vanilla you got the default and one extra small page worth of customs. That's IT. SwapXT lets you get around that but it's a pain to work with. That's just one example of the MANY artificial limitations VX vanilla forces you to work around.

Everything is 100% easier in VX Ace, basically. I had always intended to do any sequels and expansions in it but hadn't expected to make this transition. I was simply working on the game one day and after the fifth time of running my head against one of the limitations of the very crappy and incomplete RPG Maker VX vanilla I just decided to convert. Good news: Everything is just a hell of a lot easier now. I don't expect it'll take very long to complete the transition.

I have a lot of new art done, including the VERY LAST sex scene in the game. Because there's a LOT of spoilers involved in this I can only show you the background, but damn. That is a fucking awesome background. Sleepymaid has outdone even the normal crazy good standards of her work on this one. I can't show the second image for spoiler reasons, so here's the first background.

I'll dole out more art previews in coming weeks. As for an ETA - because I know you'll want one - depending on how much real life work I have to do (which will probably be a lot) and any snags during the conversion I haven't hit yet I'm expecting somewhere between 1-3 months.

Also I may launch a Patreon soon. While the game is fully funded I've also sunk a lot of my own money in the game and wouldn't mind recouping some of the costs. Won't be too choked up if I don't but hey, I haven't had a pizza in a year. I'll prolly buy one if I get cash enough; I've been using any extra after meeting the goals for extras with the art here and there up until now. Apparently you can still make donations to my Paypal right now so you can still take advantage of that if you want.

Thanks for being fans!

madman3237

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to playing. :D

Won't be too choked up if I don't but hey, I haven't had a pizza in a year.
I don't think I would survive without pizza! Set up your Patreon soon so I can send you some cash. (I prefer to limit my use of Paypal - don't like their business practices.)

OP
Cypress_z

Cypress_z

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Hi everyone! So after a long silence outside the blog I want to talk for a bit about what's happening with the game!

On the 1st of November there will be a donator's only release to beta-test the game. I have swapped systems from RPG Maker VX to RPG Maker VX Ace and this makes a HUGE difference in how easy it is for me to make the game. However similar the systems are there will be some game breaking bugs. I'm currently weeding them out, this release is strictly to find the ones I miss.

Because there won't be much new content in this release I'm not releasing it publicly. I'm not trying to cut non-donators out.

HOWEVER, I am making a public release of Version 0.5 in December, with a new heroine chapter! Everyone will get access to it.

If you're a donator and don't want to bug test I suggest you wait until Ver 0.5 comes out. It will have a LOT of new art, a new heroine, and a boatload of improved content. Look forward to it!

OP
Cypress_z

Cypress_z

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Hey all! I wanted to let you know that I've been working hard lately and will have a beta test release for donators on Christmas and a general release to the public on New Years Day!

There is a LOT of new stuff in this version including an entire complete heroine chapter! Also all the sex scenes that said, "In the next release" are in! The game has been entirely remade in RPG Maker VX Ace and includes countless little improvements.

Rather than go on about what's coming up I'm gonna show you a bunch of fun art previews. You'll get to see for yourself what's in the game VERY soon!

The art for the primary heroine of the chapter is totally complete but you'll have to play to see them! Here's some concept art of the Lamiak heroine!

Complete sex scenes for these two are already in the game! They're two recruitable servants.

There's also a number of intro scenes for heroines when you first meet them!

Here's one of the pictures in a sequence from one of the Goblin girls you'll get to bang!

This is some art from a sequence where you get to bang one of the Lamiak villagers:

And finally a special Christmas present from a member of the art team, !

Enjoy it soon!

OP
Cypress_z

Cypress_z

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Overwhored Ver. 0.5 is here!

Download it! Enjoy it!

As always the game is completely free.

In other news, the Patreon is now up! It's kinda sparse at the moment, but I'll fill it in in the next few days.

Remember to report any bugs you find! I tried to stomp them out, but in something this big there will often be a few.

Finally I really need game footage of this version of the game so I can finish a trailer to put up on youtube. I've gotten a bit of the old versions. E-mail me if you can record something. Any varied activity will do. I'll edit everything.

Enjoy!

Sergejim

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Re: Overwhored RPG Maker Game UPDATED 1/JAN/2015!

Why not also hosting it on mega and such?

markus0i

Sex Demon
Reputation score

The save files from the last public release (0.4.1) don't seem to work.

OP
Cypress_z

Cypress_z

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Why not also hosting it on mega and such?
If anyone has problems with the direct download option I will. For now I want to get some statistics to see how many people are playing and that's easiest through the BadKittyGames site.

The save files from the last public release (0.4.1) don't seem to work.
Unfortunately they don't, but this should be the last time anyone has to start over. The game was remade entirely in a new version of RPG Maker. That's why the saves don't work.

Just remember to keep multiple saves in case there's a bad bug somewhere. You can skip ahead a bit by talking to the cat in the tower, but that option is a bit buggy.

One of the benefits of VX Ace and the rebuilt database is that it's easier for me to add things onto the game without requiring everyone to start over.

SquallPT

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Overwhored Ver. 0.5 is here!

Download it! Enjoy it!

As always the game is completely free.

In other news, the Patreon is now up! It's kinda sparse at the moment, but I'll fill it in in the next few days.

Remember to report any bugs you find! I tried to stomp them out, but in something this big there will often be a few.

Finally I really need game footage of this version of the game so I can finish a trailer to put up on youtube. I've gotten a bit of the old versions. E-mail me if you can record something. Any varied activity will do. I'll edit everything.

Enjoy!

The game is very awesome :)

Sergejim

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

There a bug here (savegame) when you pick "optimize" from the main character equipement menu.

It seems to come from a nameless piece of equipment.

Attachments

OP
Cypress_z

Cypress_z

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

A new release is up that fixes all the bugs mentioned prior to about 9 am my time today. Because it takes a LONG time to put one up things mentioned after that time haven't gone in yet. In a few days I'll put up another that fixes all the little things you all can find. Hopefully this should cover all the game-breakers and the next bugfix will let me put in a lot of polish and get rid of the rough edges.

Remaking a game in an entirely new system and then rebuilding the entire database is no simple task when the game is as big as Overwhored. I sincerely appreciate the patience you all have shown.

The link is the same as before.

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Nice work Cypress_z! An English game to play, I love it! I pledged to your Patreon, may you produce even more games for me to devilishly enjoy! :)

P.S. I'll send some real feedback your way when I get a chance to play more. I'm likin' what I see so far though!

Last edited:
OP
Cypress_z

Cypress_z

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Nice work Cypress_z! A English game to play, I love it! I pledged to your Patreon, may you produce even more games for my to devilishly enjoy! :)

P.S. I'll send some real feedback your way when I get a chance to play more. I'm likin' what I see so far though!
Thank you very much! I look forward to it!

Seipher

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hm is text skip not working in .5_bugfix1?

Ryuukun

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Is there anything new in this version? Or is it just fixes?

OP
Cypress_z

Cypress_z

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Hm is text skip not working in .5_bugfix1?
Sorry for not posting this when I did the game.

X skips dialogue now.

Ctl hides text boxes.

Is there anything new in this version? Or is it just fixes?
0.5 has a new heroine, the bugfix one version is just bug fixes.

Seipher

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I tried holding down all the buttons and none of them skip text. ctrl does hide the window tho :p

madman3237

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Bug report on bugfix 1:

@ shipwreck island goblin treasury, the 4 gold bars and 3 scrolls all show in inventory as blank unuseable items.

Text skip does not work.