What's new

Yumina the Ethereal

OP
G

Grandork

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: Yumina the Ethereal

Well, finished everything there was to do in the game. Was quite fun. Worth the price.

why am i not getting the harem ending

i have sex with all the chapter bosses but i always get the graduation ending
There is no such thing as Harem Ending. There are 3 Common Routes and 1 Special Route, that is just a continuation of Yumina's route.

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

does this game ever get more interesting? I've gotten to the point with Ai's family but the gameplay is never more than "pick best song -> pick strongest attack -> repeat" leaving out the song bit for non-boss enemies...

The story seems to introduce characters completely haphazardly without giving any real depth to them; "here's this new guy, completely out of the blue, you like him and care about him now" or; "here's this new enemy/villain, he is totally evil and is pointlessly saying the most evil things we can think of because he is evil, you hate him now and care about stopping him"

The production values are horrid, the game has these constant, unmoving images of whichever character is talking on the foreground and the effect is just horribly jarring. Yumina is angry! -> neutral faced image of Yumina on screen. Yumina is sad! -> neutral faced image of Yumina on screen. The little images beside the text do switch constantly and display a fair bit of emotion, making the still, staring image in the centre ever more jarring and awkward as you try to avoid looking at it as much as possible.

The worst part is that it shows so much promise, it could be a fantastic game with it's setting and ideas, but fails to execute a single thing right, the story feels half-assed and rushed, the images feel incomplete and some just seem downright missing (the hangar, for one, looks nothing like a hangar, I could show the picture to someone and they'd never guess it's supposed to be a hangar, it looks like some sort of placeholder picture) The music is okay, but fails to distract from the extremely boring and repetitive gameplay, there is no sense of strategy or planning involved as most of the encounters/drops/items/skills (it's random what drops, then it's random again what it is once it's identified) are completely random, making the only way to get some kind of reliable plan going to grind and grind and grind until you get what you need.

OP
G

Grandork

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

does this game ever get more interesting? I've gotten to the point with Ai's family but the gameplay is never more than "pick best song -> pick strongest attack -> repeat" leaving out the song bit for non-boss enemies...
Well... The game itself isn't hard if you are on the right level, so yup.

The story seems to introduce characters completely haphazardly without giving any real depth to them; "here's this new guy, completely out of the blue, you like him and care about him now" or; "here's this new enemy/villain, he is totally evil and is pointlessly saying the most evil things we can think of because he is evil, you hate him now and care about stopping him"
Well, in this game there is no character that is actually Evil, it's only conflict of interests. Each path you choose will show you their point of view. The story may just be to lighthearted for you.

The production values are horrid, the game has these constant, unmoving images of whichever character is talking on the foreground and the effect is just horribly jarring. Yumina is angry! -> neutral faced image of Yumina on screen. Yumina is sad! -> neutral faced image of Yumina on screen. The little images beside the text do switch constantly and display a fair bit of emotion, making the still, staring image in the centre ever more jarring and awkward as you try to avoid looking at it as much as possible.
To be honest with you, I hardly pay attention to the images, I focus on the text and read it with the emotion that it implies. Most people won't focus on the images, so it's just an extra to give context.

The worst part is that it shows so much promise, it could be a fantastic game with it's setting and ideas, but fails to execute a single thing right, the story feels half-assed and rushed, the images feel incomplete and some just seem downright missing (the hangar, for one, looks nothing like a hangar, I could show the picture to someone and they'd never guess it's supposed to be a hangar, it looks like some sort of placeholder picture) The music is okay, but fails to distract from the extremely boring and repetitive gameplay, there is no sense of strategy or planning involved as most of the encounters/drops/items/skills (it's random what drops, then it's random again what it is once it's identified) are completely random, making the only way to get some kind of reliable plan going to grind and grind and grind until you get what you need.
The story is kinda flimsy, I agree with you there, but you can only understand it after going through every path, although there will be conflict in reasoning. The background is fine. The music is fine.

There are only 2 boss in this game that you need some kind of strategy and it usually involves Null Silence to stop the continuous skills. Drops aren't random, every monster has it's own drops, Red enemies drop Red Skills, Blue enemies drop Blue Skills, etc... Gear is dependent on the Floor and Dungeon you are at. Level of the skills are dependent on the Flood and Dungeon you are at. Enchantments are truly random.

There is no need to grind, levels come really fast when you are under leveled and slows down a lot when you are over leveled.

Selius

Tentacle God
Reputation score

There is no need to grind, levels come really fast when you are under leveled and slows down a lot when you are over leveled.
i gained 5 levels for all my characters when beating the chapter 4 boss on hard without any training sessions.

the exp multiplier for being underleveled is pretty huge

Zenspy

Reputation score

this might seem extremely noob but...

how do i beat chapter 4 boss? she heals every turn and wipe out with the golden genki dama attack T---T

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

usse give up and train or get the best defence for all your heroines

2Din3D

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

how do i beat chapter 4 boss? she heals every turn and wipe out with the golden genki dama attack T---T
i always do 1 training for every chapter in my 1st playthrough and the level needed to beat the boss is enough with only that. Perhaps your skills/abilities are not leveled yet? Or you can identify and use skills and equips you found in dungeon. I think it's enough.

Selius

Tentacle God
Reputation score

i seem to recall that draining green voids a lot of her abilities.

so use heartbeat green a lot

OP
G

Grandork

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Hm... Never had a problem with her, you must be severely under leveled and under geared.

Just do one training session in the dungeon with the lowest floor, that way you will get some nice gear and get to the right level. I don't remember her heal being continuous, but if it is, you need to buy Null Silence and equip it on Ai.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

This game is amazing. All I want to do after playing it is beat somebody with an umbrella yelling "Despotism is UNACCEPTABLE!!!!"

gullwing

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Just finished the game on kirara's route and i got to say it's a good game.
It was a sudden change from academy=> space but since i like the setting i didn't mind it at all cuz it meant the story wasn't over yet.

The only thing i didn't like was the msg you get when you finish the game world for the 1st time and the story in the game world will only progress on hard difficulty (and i think that it'll finish on very hard after that). Ofc i'll play through all routes but that was kind of a letdown, still, a good game.

OP
G

Grandork

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

The only thing i didn't like was the msg you get when you finish the game world for the 1st time and the story in the game world will only progress on hard difficulty (and i think that it'll finish on very hard after that). Ofc i'll play through all routes but that was kind of a letdown, still, a good game.

It's to not allow you to out level your difficulty. What I didn't like is no hentai scene... Although I'm pretty sure that's a game in itself, since there's a story about she needs a Wielder to be able to use her.

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

It's to not allow you to out level your difficulty. What I didn't like is no hentai scene... Although I'm pretty sure that's a game in itself, since there's a story about she needs a Wielder to be able to use her.
Chances are, based on the CG and the likes anyway, that's what the fandisk/sequel is for. That and the fandisk also has more h-scenes including a Yumina x one of the Miko Sisters, Student Council President route/etc. The good news? IT's already in the process of being translated by Jast.

The bad news? The last time it was "being translated" it took three years so... yeah.

2Din3D

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Forget to include: you need certain character level for every weapon level. For weapon level 1, you need character level 11, weapon level 2, character level 21, and so on.
I'm wrong about the level. So there's actually two things that affect stat bonus from weapon, and they are character levels and abilities.
This can be seen in the weapon names (for example, Kirara's weapon):
[Four Laws Key] Suffering Rebel's Dying Breath
Red text is the one gained from character levels, and is increasing every 10 lvl
Blue text gained from the skill tree.

Hope it explains ~~

thatguyinthecorner

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

So how do I get the contract with the dragon? I already beat the 5 headed dragon in the tower. However when I do training again no new scenes show up.:(

Also that dragon is fucking hard the first time I got there I was underhealed expecting it to be another recolor but instead this OP dragon shows up and annihilates me. I try it again and I beat him with everybody dead except Ai and she was on her last legs. Well at least I got through the game without ever using an item in battle.

thatguyinthecorner

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

So how do I get the contract with the dragon? I already beat the 5 headed dragon in the tower. However when I do training again no new scenes show up.:(

Also that dragon is fucking hard the first time I got there I was underhealed expecting it to be another recolor but instead this OP dragon shows up and annihilates me. I try it again and I beat him with everybody dead except Ai and she was on her last legs. Well at least I got through the game without ever using an item in battle.
I figured it out you have to descend all the way to the bottom of The Path of Cracks logout and then enter again to get the scene to play.

slasherjdc

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

the shields you get from completing a route(the ones with affect all) does the shield passively get applied to the whole party? or does the one with the shield equiped have to be in forward position?

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

you need to be the front line to use it , for yumia how to get 6,7,8 cg pictures

slasherjdc

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

i assume you get 6,7,8 from a bad ending(u didnt get 2 points for any char on holidays) ,uhm does anyone know how to do "im a luck eater" quest (ie are miss distortions changing distortions or white distortions)

OP
G

Grandork

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

i assume you get 6,7,8 from a bad ending(u didnt get 2 points for any char on holidays) ,uhm does anyone know how to do "im a luck eater" quest (ie are miss distortions changing distortions or white distortions)
Wrong, 6/7/8 are from Special Ending, once you finish all 3 endings you will have access to special ending.