Archfiend

Lurker
Reputation score
Developer link:
Getchu.com link:
Hongfire link:

Vital Details

Language: Japanese text and voice-overs
Size: 3.73GB (dummy cut is available at 1.28GB)
Price: 7,780 yen (lolz)
Genre: Humiliation Training
Fetishes: tentacles, princesses, big-breast, cat-girl, MC, impreg (maybe others, but those are the ones that will come across to non-Japanese speakers)
Needed Accessories: a torrent downloader (I like utorrent), DAEMON Tools

Synopsis: (As best as I can tell) You play the role of some sort of sorcerer who utilizes different monstrous chimerae in order to corrupt three princess-warriors so that you can harvest their purity to fuel your dark ambitions... whatever that happens to be. Obviously, the lack of a translation leaves something to be desired, but the bottom-line is that you get to subject our three heroine/victims to all sorts of debauchery. Good times.

Graphics: I love Dualtail's artistic style - clean lines, bright, colorful graphics, and our anime chicks embody that perfect blend of cute and sexy that makes you want to rape the hell out of them... and feel horrible at the same time... and derive a perverted satisfaction despite feeling horrible... or maybe that's just me. Whatever the case, the main attraction here is the variety of tentacled monsters which attack our three heroines - we're treated to a blond girl, a dark-skinned cat-girl, and a big-busty warrior with long brunette hair. For a bonus, we get to have fun with a two varieties of succubus, one is big and busty like our warrioress, and one is chibi. If you're not a fan of tentacles, there IS some other stuff here, but probably not enough to hold your attention. Even if tentacles aren't your thing, it's hard not to appreciate the sheer diversity of monsters.

Sound: The music is very well done, with a variety of themes to capture each moment, including your down-and-dirty rape scenes, as well as more orchestral pieces that fit the fantasy setting. The theme song was, to my understanding, recorded by a current J-pop artist, and the attention to detail doesn't stop there. Voices are standard japanese girls crying out in plain/pleasure - I think that some of the moans are recycled, but it might just sound that way when I click through as quickly as I do. The most important part is that nothing is distracting, and if you hate any of the sound effects, they can be turned off from the options menu.

Gameplay: Here's where VenusBlood sets itself apart from other games of its ilk. Like the original Venus Blood (which was released a couple years ago under the label Dualmage, which is actually the same company but renamed following a merger with Ninetail... follow all that?) the game takes place over the course of 30 periods (days), during which time you choose how to train your victims. Each day, you have a limited number of actions you can take, initially 2, but when you capture your second victim you then have 3 from that point onward. Most of your actions will consist of subjecting one of your victims to a specific type of sexual training which will increase her sensitivity, reduce her will, that sort of thing, all of which makes her even more susceptible to more training... and of course, we're treated to one of the game's many rape scenes as we witness our victim's training. Once certain levels of these stats are reached, she breaks through to a new plateau, which opens up new training options, and thus new rape scenes. There are several twists that open up elements of strategy: the first is the girl's endurance, which falls with each session of training, thus reducing each subsequent training session's effectiveness, until you use up one of your precious actions to rest, restoring each girl's endurance by a large degree. There is also what essentially amounts to a frenzy meter - more training will eventually cause the girl to snap, yielding even greater effectiveness for the next training, but it only lasts until after the next action, and is subject to a girl's endurance as well, so one must take care to anticipate when a girl will break so that you can time it for the best results. Finally, there are all sorts of items that can be purchased which allow you to then apply different sorts of potions (drugs) to your heroines which do things like heal them for a certain amount, permanently increase certain stats, or temporarily make them more susceptible to certain actions.
It goes without saying that there's plenty of depth, but fortunately, it's not difficult to just grab hold of the reins and start playing. There's the rare and subtle quality present in VenusBlood that allows novice players to jump right in, while experienced players will want to try new and different strategies to unlock every single h-scene and ending. Fortunately, there are bonus modes enabled after you beat the game for the first time which allow you to play through with various advantages, such as beginning play with all of your heroine's in their super-aroused states, or being able to have all of the items purchased at the beginning of the game.
There's so much going on in this game that it's easy to be distracted by actual gameplay mechanics (instead of endless clicking from one scene to the next that so many "games" are possessed of). It would be a shame to not mention the many small nuances that make this game easy to play through. Of course you have your full recollection modes for CG and scenes alike, a music player, and even a detailed ending list that shows you the stats you managed to attain for each ending. You have several pages worth of save game slots - more than enough to get through several play throughs, and a quicksave feature that can be used at virtually any point. For non-natives, or if you just don't feel like reading everything, there's a fully activated text skip feature available from the beginning of the game, so you don't have to stress your mouse finger even on your first play through.

TL;DR Version/Summation

The Pros: Great graphics; intriguing game play; satisfies some of my favorite fetishes including tentacles, impregnation, and breast-enlargement

The Cons: If you don't like tentacles, this will turn you off quick (also, WTF are you doing on ULMF?); has a large hard-drive footprint

I give this my highest recommendation - pick this up if you like tentacles... which should be everyone reading this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: VenusBlood -CHIMERA-

Any chance of getting this in MU? Torrents don't do so well for me...

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

If possible, some upload site yeah, torrents kind of fuck up with me.

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Baww I can torrent for a month.

:(

pbird

Lurker
Reputation score

Archfiend said:
Fetishes: tentacles, princesses, big-breast, cat-girl, MC, impreg (maybe others, but those are the ones that will come across to non-Japanese speakers)
As much as I hate to say this (I like loli dammit!), perhaps this should be removed until we've gotten the answer as to if linking to loli will get the forum in legal trouble?

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

I think this is fine until we find out it's not.

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Well, some members are going to be mad at me, but yeah, it's illegal. Check the Forum Rules and Advice thread for the details.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

removed the word loli from thread... problem solved right?

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

I don't get how it could be legally sold in Japan but not legally distributed in other parts.

Therefore it can stay.

pbird

Lurker
Reputation score

I don't get how it could be legally sold in Japan but not legally distributed in other parts.

Therefore it can stay.
Because different nations have different laws. For example, Torrenting copyrighted materials is illegal in the USA due to the DMCA, however one of the biggest torenting sites in existence (the pirate bay) remains perfectly safe because all it's servers and it's web admin are in Sweden, where torrents of copyright material are not illegal.

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Actually, the torrenting is illegal, the linking to the torrent is not illegal because they don't host any of the copyrighted files themselves. In Sweden torrent files are protected by the freedom of information, of course the actual P2P transmissions are still illegal since that's distributing copyrighted material.

pbird

Lurker
Reputation score

Actually, the torrenting is illegal, the linking to the torrent is not illegal because they don't host any of the copyrighted files themselves. In Sweden torrent files are protected by the freedom of information, of course the actual P2P transmissions are still illegal since that's distributing copyrighted material.
How can you get that but not...
Whatever. I'm not going to argue with an admin. ~shrugs~

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

I get it from a legal point of view, I just think it's silly.

All the lolicon lovers will just move to Japan or get their servers hosted in Japan, problem solved.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

The law is an ass, it's just a set of rules of what society thinks should be done.

...*Still hopes for a direct downloading site link*

OP
Archfiend

Archfiend

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm not even going to touch the venture the idea of a direct download after this conversation!

You all are paranoid...

chaosdrive

Lurker
Reputation score

ive downloaded it but when i try to extract to another folder after its done part one and tells me to extract from part 2 it can find it but it wont extract. any ideas

OP
Archfiend

Archfiend

Lurker
Reputation score

I know that you can open .iso files with winrar - don't - don't try to extract anything. Just mount the file onto Daemon tools and it should install just fine.

chaosdrive

Lurker
Reputation score

i just tried that but it comes up with the error. unable to mount image. file not accessible. mind u the .iso file is in part 2 of the file so maybe that's causing a problem:confused:

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

ive downloaded it but when i try to extract to another folder after its done part one and tells me to extract from part 2 it can find it but it wont extract. any ideas
It sounds like your .part2 is corrupt. It should automatically start extracting from part 2 once it's done with part 1.