What's new

I'm already sick of the +18 games

combi11

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Hello, first of all I say that I do not know English very well, so I apologize in advance.

The reason for this discussion I do not know if to do it in this place is adequate ... Whether it is or not, I do not give a shit, because those who create the games does not seem to care about their customers.

Every day that I get into pages where there are 18+ games I see new versions coming out, I'm in this world of adult games since 2010, at that time I saw games that in 2017 are unfinished, and yet every day new betas come out and Infinite new versions

My reason for making this comment or protest is to tell you to finish the fucking games that you start, I have counted (without lying) more than 189 games that are unfinished only these last months, the worst of all is that the creators of the games, They think that customers are idiots who pay for a long time supporting their cause, do not realize that we catch them when a developer stops creating a game or leaves it, days after a game comes out that are almost copies of the ones that are Have abandoned, I have seen the same design of characters in various games, games that have all been unfinished, games that started with version 0.01, the following month 0.02 and then disappeared, after a few weeks came out another 0.01 with the same graphic design, and The same theme, I think all you create games bastards who want to make easy money because of perverts who are all day with hot cock.

I hope more people think like me and support what I say, because if we continue like this, a lot of people will pass on what I do

I have played many games that have filled me with a very pleasant satisfaction, more than 500 games at least, what happens? Of those 500 only 10 are finished (so you have an idea), the others are games that are drawing infinite versions creating absurd content and others have ceased to exist and you can no longer prove them, it seems unfortunate that you do not finish what You start, you have a good start and you never finish or develop ideas, I ask nothing strange, you finish the fucking games that people pay you and earn the money, bastards

There is no right.:mad:

Having said all of the above, I would like good people, who told me that games that are finished, created by Russian or English people and that have seemed very good, I can recommend Dreaming of Dana and "the one I like the most "Impure's Sara's Adventure, I have many more games that I want to share, but that's not the reason for the post, so I'll tell you these for the moment.

Last edited:

juzotogo

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: I'm already sick of the +18 games

Yeah, I too find it a little disappointing so many promising games end up stalling and go into development limbo.
But it's everywhere now not only for adult games, mainstream, early access, kickstarter, etc.

Not saying it's ok, just I don't think it's going to stop anytime soon.

I actually thought of a development concept others could use.
Start working on your game and don't say anything, keep different release versions. After a year or so (yeah like if anyone is that patient) Make the announcement and release you're versions monthly. This way you're way ahead, things you promises are sure to happen because their already done, you meet all your deadlines, etc. The biggest draw back to this is bug reporting, you don't get to fix it as it goes and a bug may be a huge issue down the line.

My other idea is post around the forums and when you can actually post images, THEN announce your game. (with images) What's the rush anyways? Oh right money.

On a final note - personally I wait for a few versions to come out between plays, otherwise I feel spoon-fed and frustrated when I play these work in progress titles.

LemuresXL

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

It's the wild west, these aren't triple A devs with a publisher backing them.

Most of these are people who have a day job and they are trying to make enough money to make the games to quit their jobs. Nothing at all to be surprised about here, man.

Ironstrom

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I'm a dev I've got one finished game and have another two due to be finished in the next 2-3 months. However my First game mentioned on this forum was a joint ownership gig where the artist left cause they no longer enjoyed the roles the characters were getting into and then my programmer left cause they got a lucrative day job offer. A lot of indie projects outside of adult games have events like these and when one person leaving represents 33% of your team its hard to come back from occasionally. A similar percentage of Indie projects never see light of day because its difficult to keep the attention span of those involved or something better comes along for them to work on. I once had an artist sniped by someone with a large patreon following just cause the pay was massively better.

Some devs around here are solo developers that just work in their spare time outside of their day job its probably going to take them a while as most solo projects can take several years of production depending on where you want to end it. We're also in a weird state now days where there many games that call a 1.0 release but continue to update their game for a long time afterwards sometimes various games that are not finished in the adult sector could potentially be a 1.0 but they've just not chosen to do so. If you like something you often want to continue it or make it longer in some way.

I do think its important to Finish games and potentially move on to fresher idea's especially if your commercial and you want to move onto a another project but I guess there really is a grey area on in constant development "free" games.

nonoplayer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I am guilty of the act you speak of, I apologize in advance. I have been developing adultish games for a loooong time, I think I can speak for some, if not most of the devs who've got unfinished work: it takes so much more time than one can anticipate. Not until I wrote down everything that I have to do (project planning), it becomes clear that something seemingly simple can take more than 3-4 years. Especially if you are only working on it part time, without discipline. On top of that, consider most dev aren't good at everything, including project managing, writing, drawing, UX designing, animating, coding, sound editing, communication, marketing etc. Each task can also be broken down into even smaller tasks, making those devs who without experience but great passion in perfection be forever overwhelmed.

Everyone has different problems and thus should use different solutions to help their development. My solution might not help others, but I persuade other like minded individuals to join me and then save up enough materials before releasing official campaign.

Last edited:
OP
combi11

combi11

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thanks for your answers, i really wish that this thing not happen so often, it's just frustrating, disgusting, and a bad joke, me, and i think other pl, the only one thing that we can see is that developers are laughing at customers

OP
combi11

combi11

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I am guilty of the act you speak of, I apologize in advance. I have been developing adultish games for a loooong time, I think I can speak for some, if not most of the devs who've got unfinished work: it takes so much more time than one can anticipate. Not until I wrote down everything that I have to do (project planning), it becomes clear that something seemingly simple can take more than 3-4 years. Especially if you are only working on it part time, without discipline. On top of that, consider most dev aren't good at everything, including project managing, writing, drawing, UX designing, animating, coding, sound editing, communication, marketing etc. Each task can also be broken down into even smaller tasks, making those devs who without experience but great passion in perfection be forever overwhelmed.

Everyone has different problems and thus should use different solutions to help their development. My solution might not help others, but I persuade other like minded individuals to join me and then save up enough materials before releasing official campaign.

If some developers do not have enough discipline to keep promises, they should not charge money, nice excuse.Even less have new versions for patreons and not public, if you think with logic is ridiculous

Last edited:

dudes_tractor_yeah

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Yes. patreon H games are 40% devs who have no idea what they´re doing, 20% con artists, 20% slavic con artists and finally 20% of people who has a work plan,goals and actually wants to finish the job.

Still the only one to blame is you. Inform yourself before pledging. Download the free version.See if the dev is active on his patreon page. if he does weekly reports or has a blog.

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Well, what can I say other than "welcome to the real world"?
Taking out those who want to get easy money without work and con artists we are still left with weird variety of devs.

There are ones that have other work and have to work on the game during their free time. Take 8h daily of work, travel time, extra 1-2h because of stuff, sleep time... how much do you have left? Yeah.

Then we have people that don't know what they are doing, no experience, nothing. Crappy management, badly written code, you name it.
Or ones that get money boners and get so lazy due to cash flowing in, they don't care anymore. This is probably the worst kind (damn milkers).

But, let's not forget about lone warriors... They do awesome job, money from patreon is enough to keep it as their work, they have experience and enough discipline. Everything is fine... Almost. Working alone on a big project can take maaaany years.

So, is it so bad that we should worry?
Yes and no.
Yes, because there is going to be lost money and broken promises...
And no, because we will still have those that did their work properly. Hopefully backlash will be strong enough so people will act more suspicious
and without actual work it will be hard to achieve anything.

Generally, you can't treat your customers like shit or milking cows, it's a dead end road. There is nothing as important as having healthy relationship with your customers, it's the best investment you can have.

At this point in time, we pretty much have two options:
1. Patrons are less likely to donate unless devs can prove they are worth it.
2. Japanese devs lean more towards west and flood market with their own products in english.

As much as I would love to see 2nd option, it's probably not going to happen.

tl;dr
Do not give your trust left and right, be suspicious and support only those who actually work and/or buy completed products.

OP
combi11

combi11

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Well, what can I say other than "welcome to the real world"?
Taking out those who want to get easy money without work and con artists we are still left with weird variety of devs.

There are ones that have other work and have to work on the game during their free time. Take 8h daily of work, travel time, extra 1-2h because of stuff, sleep time... how much do you have left? Yeah.

Then we have people that don't know what they are doing, no experience, nothing. Crappy management, badly written code, you name it.
Or ones that get money boners and get so lazy due to cash flowing in, they don't care anymore. This is probably the worst kind (damn milkers).

But, let's not forget about lone warriors... They do awesome job, money from patreon is enough to keep it as their work, they have experience and enough discipline. Everything is fine... Almost. Working alone on a big project can take maaaany years.

So, is it so bad that we should worry?
Yes and no.
Yes, because there is going to be lost money and broken promises...
And no, because we will still have those that did their work properly. Hopefully backlash will be strong enough so people will act more suspicious
and without actual work it will be hard to achieve anything.

Generally, you can't treat your customers like shit or milking cows, it's a dead end road. There is nothing as important as having healthy relationship with your customers, it's the best investment you can have.

At this point in time, we pretty much have two options:
1. Patrons are less likely to donate unless devs can prove they are worth it.
2. Japanese devs lean more towards west and flood market with their own products in english.

As much as I would love to see 2nd option, it's probably not going to happen.

tl;dr
Do not give your trust left and right, be suspicious and support only those who actually work and/or buy completed products.
Yes, what you are saying is true, but then what, we are still in the same situation doing nothing? I think that in this discussion we should move towards a solution, since there are many people who read this type of discussions ... why instead of doing 1 game that lasts 5 years to be made (if they do not abandon it), they make short games, But regular, for example I played and supported the cause of Corrupting the intern of Lambdadude, they in less than 2 months had a 50% game made and with a lot of content ... I do not know ... solutions, please ...

tetsuya_shino

Reputation score

Well, let me add my two cents here. I'm also a hentai game dev with a patreon. Not going to try to defend anyone, as I can only speak for myself.

As other people have already touched on, there are many different types of devs; some are honest, some are out to swindle you, etc. It's important to keep that in mind, and not group all devs together.

There is no 'one size fits all' 'solution'. There are countless different reasons development of a game could be slowed down or canceled. And that's just counting the devs that are serious about finishing.

While I can understand your frustration and anger, you should always 'vote with your dollar'. If you feel like a dev isn't producing fast enough, you're free to stop supporting him at any time. That's a judgement call you need to make yourself.

I've actually said those same words to my own supporters. Obviously, it would be nice if I could make a lot of money doing what I enjoy, but at the end of the day it's entertainment. It's not a necessity like food or what.

So bottom line is, don't hesitate to drop support for projects that you personally don't feel are going anywhere. On the flip side, if you haven't and never intend to support a dev, you can't rightly complain about his slow progress or exclusives for supporters only.

CrazyChameleon

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

A lot of these games are gambles mate. And some people prefer the slow burn. Look at The last Sovereign. Sure that game has been in development for years. But I'm never disappointing to play new content for it. Also I don't think you've thought about what it actually costs for people to make a living making quality games. A lot of these people aren't trying to rip you off. The reason they are going crowdfunding is because they need your support to keep developing.

I'm not saying there aren't scummy developers out there. But that doesn't mean that slowly developed games are bad. The fact is these games wont be made without patreon support. At the very least if they work full time on it they need to get enough money to pay their bills and feed themselves before they even spend a cent on the game. This is only fair why shouldn't they be paid for their work. Then there is the fact that most games of quality require more than one member on the team or third party licensing/commissioning of assets. Which means more money.

Investing in patreon or kickstarter games is a risk. I'm not saying don't but I think just raging because a game you wanted to see happen never came out or is taking a long time to develop is just a little childish.

kazpor

Demon Girl
Reputation score

And patreon system at least lets you minimize this risk. You are not investing loads of money into a risky startup, you just pay a very small amount of money, less than you would waste during one night out or for other pleasures. It's the number of people supporting that can make a difference for a dev so he can spend more time working without having to worry about bills etc. Unfortunately too many devs see patreon as a way to scam people, promising things and not delivering. And it seems they don't lose enough pledges once it is clear they are not working on the game anymore.

Grayrabbit

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

At this point, everybody talks about western developers only so far, but I want it to mention how I was disappointed to JP developers.
ever since 2007ish I noticed, there's a tons of mofos in Japan over flooded the market with cookie cutter hentai with fucking RPGmakers.
Sure, there's a good one despite its made from RPGmakers, but I only see 30% of gem 70% of garbage until now, its really upsets me that those 30% gets old too quickly also...

Last edited:

Peachaboo Zanzo

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

A lot of people here have made good points already, I still want to weigh in with my experiences in the (admittedly pretty short) time me and my partner have now been active in h-game development.

We are both freelancing in the games/media industry which is pretty hard in itself. Nonetheless, we are currently investing A LOT of time in pushing our game towards a first playable demo. We have been on patreon for not too much over 5 weeks and are greatful that we're already earning a little bit, even it it does not at all compensate for the time we need to put in in order to get this thing going. Also we had intensively worked for our patreon launch for 4-5 months before.

So that's a few hundred hours with just a few cents of earning per hour so far. Divided among the two of us. And there will be another few hundred or more likely thousand hours of work before it may eventually become profitable.

What I'm getting at is that a certain commitment and risk is required in order to just get to the point were you are able to keep developing over a longer period of time. So that's quite a complex balance unfortunately, especially if your team consists of more than one person.

Then as mentioned before, there are certainly a bunch of people on patreon who are either not capable or don't even wan't to deliver a quality product for the money, but I think it shouldn't be too hard to find out who's worth the support. Still, I'm afraid you need to be pationt with those small developers in general...

By the way, same goes for patrons, we already experienced quite a few people who tried to exploit patreons pledging system to see our posts without actually paying and also a few that have been identified as fraud by patreon.

So at the end of the day, I think it's best to support the people who make stuff you really like and try to ignore the rest :)

Last edited:

Changer

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Having a finished game is still pretty much considered a notable achievement in the field of H-Games. For pretty good reason, too when you get down to it. An H-Game takes a lot of effort and resources to make, but things like finding reliable people to work with and building an audience is a lot harder when 90% of internet communities explicitly forbid porn.

Add on top of that, most H-Game devs don't do this for thier sole source of income and have to work a full time job to make ends meet, and it's easy to see why some devs might throw one idea out there after the next hoping for something to explode into a massive following.

I am fortunate enough to actually make enough off of my patreon to not have to work a job and that leads into the third problem; making a game takes a lot of time. Working on the game full time means I can write and code a lot more than when I was working full time, but the number of H-Scenes I can add per month is limited both by my funds for paying an artist, and by the time my artists have available to work.

I'm considering working with a fifth artist to speed things up but I am not quite sure if I can afford it; plus again, finding a reliable artist is hell. I've been scammed out of hundreds of dollars by artists who promised a level of quality they could not deliver, or who simply ran away with the money, but many artists do not like the idea of being paid after their drawing is complete.

In the end, you have to understand that this is mostly a hobby that many people *wish* could become thier full time job. You can't reasonably hold them to the same standards you would a professional game studio or you will end up being disappointed by most of them.

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

A lot of other developers have weighed in already, but I'll give my personal viewpoint as well. What many players don't understand is that indie games, adult or not, have an extremely high rate of failure. For example, there are countless games on Steam which are stuck in pre-alpha, unable to even get an alpha release out, much less a final playable.

The problem is that indie developers go into development thinking it's all about having the creative skills (writing, drawing, programming, etc.) needed to make the game, which is a common mistake. Because:

1) You also need the experience/understanding of how to run a company, just like with any business endeavor

2) You need a consistent level of regular funding, or else start with all the capital needed to complete the game. Related to this, you need to have a total budget in mind for how much the game costs.

I can guarantee you most of the adult game devs out there won't have neither 1 or 2 ready when they go into development. But eventually they'll realize they need those two things, and either:

i) Readjust their development to address those two things
ii) Stagnate because they can't readjust
iii) Quit and start all over again with a new project
iv) Quit for good

Sadly, you can pretty much guess what most devs will end up doing, hence your complaint, which I wholly understand. But do keep in mind that rarely do devs purposely run off with your cash or anything - it's more like they've lost their sense of purpose and the game crashes from there.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Which changes nothing and they've run off with your cash. So why is any consumer supposed to pat themselves on the back and go "Well, it's ok, even if it wasn't hentai, it happens all the time anyway."

This is only fair why shouldn't they be paid for their work.
Because it won't get done, statistically. And people don't get paid for unfinished jobs.

Last edited:

Porkbunny

Demon Girl
Reputation score

OMG I share the same view as you. I am sick and tired of the patreon games specifically, because nowadays most of the games coming out of patreon are unfinished, or start from 0.1 or 0.01 and then end somewhere like 0.9 without having sufficient amount of contents, developers take like so long to release the next version, yet they don't have good amount of gameplay, for instance the sniper game I used to support is still on the development for like more than few years, still the developer isn't ready yet to release it. I know most of the people are a bit mad at this trend, but I guess you should have been a bit diluted with your words. :D

I know developers don't have a big team to release them fast with a lot of contents, but at least they can put a reasonable amount of effort if they earn money from it, but the truth is most of the people don't put that effort, it's clearly apparent judging by the amount of contents the games contain and the time they take to release. also If someone earns money from their game, then it's no longer JUST a hobby, but also a business. so they are obliged to satisfy their customers.

I think the reason why most of the developers take so long to release their games because most of them do it solely for money not because they love it, so they get bored easily, and hesitate to even touch their work. Also another reason is as I found, see the games coming from japan? they contain a load of gameplay, and they put a lot of effort in developing their games with even low budget, but games coming from west? they take big budget for releasing a good game. so compare to japan, western people ain't that workaholic, this makes them to spend less time on their works more time for entertainment. I know this sounds like a big stereotype, but common we know japan is best :D

Last edited: