What's new

Frequently Asked Questions and Problems (Tech Questions Go Here!)

hyperk2

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Frequently Asked Questions and Problems (Tech Questions Go Here!)

Question for anyone who use's rpg maker but made a skill that uses a common event and does anyone know the trick to apply the status effect after the common event on the player the skill was used on with out adding some kinda script?
So if I'm following you, you want to have a skill that triggers a common event, and then after the common event is done apply a status effect? Couldn't you just use the "change state" (or whatever it's called for the version of rpg maker you are using) at the last line of the common event?

Devilbringer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

So if I'm following you, you want to have a skill that triggers a common event, and then after the common event is done apply a status effect? Couldn't you just use the "change state" (or whatever it's called for the version of rpg maker you are using) at the last line of the common event?
Im using ace but i'l clear it up a bit sry:) its a cut in effect. I know i can apply it to certain actors with state change but say there is 3 actors an the enemies can randomly attack one of the three and im just wondering if anyone knew a trick in ace or variable i can set so when its on that player thats gettin attacked it triggers the common event cut it and thanks for your help:)

nguyentri666force

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

error.jpg I get this error when attempting to open Violated Heroine(I installed RPG Maker 2000 RTP).

Deleted member 3639

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I'd like to have something clarified for me.

is what I get from a file downloaded "right here" on ULMF; most, if not all, game downloads on this forum come like that for me. And is what downloads from elsewhere (like a certain "meowing" website ~_^) look like. My undestanding is that second screenshot proves that I can view/extract the files just fine (once extracted, filenames remain intact). If that assumption is wrong - that's what I'd like to have explained.

My intended question would be - look at screenshot 1, at screenshot 2, and explain to me who's at fault here: people who upload archives like that, or "something, somehow, for some reason" randomly/selectively corrupting the filenames inside. Is there any point in making the file uploader aware of this, or is it my OS doing the corrupting? Blaming aside, another reason I'm interested is because all those JP games choke on the corrupted filenames [from screenshot 1] and throw out "file not found" errors, after which I go find another download, and some of them - even archived ones - run fine.

P.s. In case this might help the explanation: I'm running Win8.1 x64 NOT using Japanese Locale (if anything, it's set to Russian), and the screenshotted 7-Zip is NOT running under AppLocale. If I DO have Asian Language Support thingy installed - it must've been there from the start (I don't remember having to manually install additional language support since....ages ago....back on WinXP).

Last edited:

AltairPL

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I'd like to have something clarified for me.

is what I get from a file downloaded "right here" on ULMF; most, if not all, game downloads on this forum come like that for me. And is what downloads from elsewhere (like a certain "meowing" website ~_^) look like. My undestanding is that second screenshot proves that I can view/extract the files just fine (once extracted, filenames remain intact). If that assumption is wrong - that's what I'd like to have explained.

My intended question would be - look at screenshot 1, at screenshot 2, and explain to me who's at fault here: people who upload archives like that, or "something, somehow, for some reason" randomly/selectively corrupting the filenames inside. Is there any point in making the file uploader aware of this, or is it my OS doing the corrupting? Blaming aside, another reason I'm interested is because all those JP games choke on the corrupted filenames [from screenshot 1] and throw out "file not found" errors, after which I go find another download, and some of them - even archived ones - run fine.

P.s. In case this might help the explanation: I'm running Win8.1 x64 NOT using Japanese Locale (if anything, it's set to Russian), and the screenshotted 7-Zip is NOT running under AppLocale. If I DO have Asian Language Support thingy installed - it must've been there from the start (I don't remember having to manually install additional language support since....ages ago....back on WinXP).
In most cases zip archive format is at fault as it requires proper locale when decompressing archive. If same content would be archived using rar or 7zip formats files would have proper names without the need to decompress archive under proper locale.
I suck at explaining things in English, so I hope it's clear enough and answers your question ;).

TheLordofRopes

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hello. I'm having trouble with RPGmaker games. Whenever I open them they try to load, then my whole computer seizes up and I have to do a hard reboot. At first I thought is was only one, but then I saw the same issue on other games.

Those affected include:
-Virgin Island
-Vitamin Quest
-The Fairy, The Succubus, and the Abyss

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

werce

Reputation score

Hello. I'm trying to translate a game that uses Hot Soup Processor 3.3. I managed to extract text and images from *.dpm files using Susie plugin (spihsp). There is just one problem though: I don't know how to update or reconstruct the dpm with new file since that feature is greyed out in Susie. Is dpm some generated file or is it possible to create them yourself in HSP or with some pre-existing tool?

EDIT: It appears that you can just create new PACKFILE in hsp editor and it works.

Last edited:

Devilbringer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

not sure if this is the place to be asking this but i've been making a little rpg maker ace game and got most the essentials done standing pic battle pic display pic when armor certain armors are equipped, and ect but only thing i'm having a tough time finding any info or tricks on is how to display a picture on the menu while the menu is being accessed. I'm hoping that i can do the menu picture with a variable for different pics to show. So anyone know anyway to do it and if so thanks in advance:)

batman21

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

so i need help with wolf rpgs i dont know what am doing wrong but it seems like i cant play those types of games because my computer dosent find the game.data i have windows 10 and i changed my region and language to japenese i even used a emulator to translate it to japanese and i use 7zip pls help meh

MilkaCow

Lurker
Reputation score

Hello
So I don't know if it's the good forum to post this question and I'm sorry if I make a mistake with that .
I really want to make some H-game but I don't know how I can do this.
What software I can take ? Rpg-maker ? Unity ?
In my mind , i want to make a witch girl game-like ( yeah I know , again, but I have some ideas for the gameplay )
It's Just for the beginning, I have a lot of game inside my head :p

So excuse me for my english , I write this without Google translate.

Thx in d'avance ^^

tempa5

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Atlas Trial V14

Does anyone have the Trial Version (v14) of Atlas on his Computer?

Currently you are unable to download it from their servers because they develop a new version.
That Version may not work with the old Crack.

Could anyone in general provide us with the Trial version IF you still have it.

The Crack can be found via google very easily.

Reputation score

Some rpg maker games had problems like not run, the dialog box and menu with strange words or no text. All these problems were solved when I changed the system locale to Japan.
My problem is that recently my PC had some updates in Windows 10 and after that when I change the system locale, the problems of the dialog box and menu with strange words (or empty) remains.

I need to a little help if anyone knows what needs to be done.

English is not my native language so I apologize for any mistakes.

Devilbringer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

anyone use Visual Novel Reader for rpgmaker games? if so was wondering if anyone knew if they made recent changes that effects rpgmaker games UTF-8
cause i swear its always ran off of UTF-8 but now when i loaded her up it was just showing garbled text so i tried UTF-16 an it works however now it doesn't translated as much, such as in UTF-8 when your in the items menu hovering over items it would translate the item your hovering an now it just translates most of the random items an stuff all together:(

TheLordofRopes

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hey. I've been trying to play Swordswoman Asagi, but whenever I hit new game I get hit with an error saying "Failed to create a bitmap", then a long string of code/files/ or some stuff. Any help would be appreciated.

obligitury

Sex Demon
Reputation score

i've played two RPG games, at some point during a sex scene, it tells me im missing audio file BGS 3... which i dont get because when i check the file. it says i have it there.... is there something im missing? is there at least a way to make the error not close the game?

i think i found out the problem. the files that came with the games arnt translated into japanese correctly.... now the problem is how do i get my CPU to translate the download files into japanese... without needed to manually do it. (if i can even find the letters for each missing piece....)

Last edited:

nguyentri666force

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

So why is it that people can't post links if the game is related to loli somehow?

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Because the forums are hosted on US servers, which don't allow loli. And also because I hate happiness and want you to suffer.

nguyentri666force

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Because the forums are hosted on US servers, which don't allow loli. And also because I hate happiness and want you to suffer.
Oh sorry about that. I was just curious.

neree

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Sorry got an issue since i changed my pc i got this error where as i am in jap localisation :

ファイル C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Nouveau dossier\HYPNOSFUCK.eXe は開けません.

And it does it for each game of this circle, tryied admin, compability but i dont understand what i am missing...
Could someonehelp me plz ?