What's new

Frequently Asked Questions and Problems (Tech Questions Go Here!)

LoK14

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Frequently Asked Questions and Problems (Tech Questions Go Here!)

hello
I have a question if i use an english patch on most games, it really loads long(>1 minute)but without patch it runs smoothly.
Can i do something to smothen the game, like make an new rgss3 achive with the patched files? Or can i do something else.
its normal that the game needs more time to load up in english the english alphabet/letters and sentences used to describe something are just more/bigger

Hoboy

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

OK - don't know if this needs it's own thread or not but here goes -

Why all the hating on RPG MV?

I seem to remember back in the day a lot of hating on RPG VX when it came out. Everyone wanted to stick with XP. Well - that morphed into VX Ace (actually added Ace to make it more palatable) and now we are on to a new generation with more capabilities. It is actually cross platform - I can play these on my Mac! I understand they started out as pre-packed with way more than was needed for most games, and if a dev wasn't diligent about hacking out the deadwood they were really bloated in size, but this too will pass as it gets used more and gets improved. Yes - MV doesn't have the sprite and asset support that VX Ace has, but it will - just like VX didn't have what XP had at it's start. But what do you expect - everything to still run on Windows 3.X? Things have to move forward...

Anyway - my little rant, Should this have it's own thread? Not sure...I'll let y'all decide...;)

scyth

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

so i cant do something to speed things up

zipetya

Reputation score

so i cant do something to speed things up
It is probably only game (ot translation) specific. Shouldn't take THAT much more time to load up.

At least I never experienced such great differences between TL-patched and unpatched versions of a game... (More like almost no differences.)

Are you sure you have applied the patch correctly?

scyth

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

first i extacted the rgss file and moved the patched files in their target location and overwrite everything.
I not just this game, most of the games have long loading times if i patch it.
(only when you change menu, location or dialogues does it take long).
My PC Specs are:
rx 480 and an eight core processor (amd) so it cant be my PC

whiteninja

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Can anyone help me decipher what this error is? Im playing the translated version of Kedamono and early on this error pops up. Clicking ok and the text stops and I have to exit.
hxxp://imgur.com/a/0BIA1 (change x to t I cant post links)

Bryanis

Reputation score

Can anyone help me decipher what this error is? Im playing the translated version of Kedamono and early on this error pops up. Clicking ok and the text stops and I have to exit.
hxxp://imgur.com/a/0BIA1 (change x to t I cant post links)
Not an expert, but I think it's the kind of error that pop up when running that kind of jap game on non japanese local setting computer.

try using emulating tool or switch to jap local setting.

If you're already on japanese local setting, I think skipping a lot of text sometime cause error - can't remember the details or where I read this first place :/

Kwai

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Why all the hating on RPG MV?
Isn't it because of how hard they made it to translate/hook the games, since they totally changed how everything was encrypted in MV?

ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=27972

ToaruLL

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I might have brought up my problem before in past posts, but I would like to bump it again and say my fps is still very low when I enter more script heavy maps when playing rpg maker games.

I've tried using an unlimited fps script inside the rpg game that is getting low fps to no avail.

Please can someone help me out here this has been an ongoing problem with my computer for a while now and I would like it finally solved thanks in advance~

Kradretsamsama

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hi

now with the anniversary update from w10 i cant play anymore japanese rpg maker games with agth, i m using the Game Manager to launch it.

If i just launch the game (with Game manager) without agth, there is no problem.

I m the only one with this issue? :( pls halp

this error ""Rgss Player has stopped working"" appear when agth have to hook the text i think.

devvah

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Any idea what the hell Win 10 anniversary update screwed up that Wolf RPG games no longer display Japanese fonts in game? It's either blank or gibberish, strangely window's title works normally it's just in game that's messed up.

YoshiChainsawMassacre

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Win 10 anniversary update broke agth for me. Some of the menu options are just gone now. I'm using the 2011.5.9 version.

YoshiChainsawMassacre

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Turns out you can uninstall the anniversary update (for now).
Here's some instructions:

The "Go back to a previous build" option worked for me.

Evlive

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Anyone have solution for can't run unpacked mv games? When I tried to run it, the cursor does have circling icon (the cursor when you processing stuff) but after that nothing happens. Also the game not even show up in task manager. Tried to run the game.exe in default folder but only give blank white screen.

EDIT: Nvm, problem solved. Didn't know the how to hook mv games is in translation forum lol.

Last edited:

devvah

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Turns out you can uninstall the anniversary update (for now).
Here's some instructions:

The "Go back to a previous build" option worked for me.
Too bad anniversary update shortened that time from 20 to 10 days so it's far too late for me.

FinalWarri0r21

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Question regarding VNR. Not sure what happened or how it happened, but for some reason any text that has English in it wont get used with VNR. For example, if a line starts with English, the translator will pick it up in the Text Settings, but it won't translate any of it. Never had this problem before and seemed to randomly start happening.

one23

Reputation score

Question regarding VNR. Not sure what happened or how it happened, but for some reason any text that has English in it wont get used with VNR. For example, if a line starts with English, the translator will pick it up in the Text Settings, but it won't translate any of it. Never had this problem before and seemed to randomly start happening.
I was having the same issue trying to play a game with a partial translation. The MC's name was in English, but none of her dialogue was being translated. I fixed the issue by disabling Shared Dictionary.

To disable: Menu -> Shared Dictionary -> Disable

Hope this works for you as well.

FinalWarri0r21

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I was having the same issue trying to play a game with a partial translation. The MC's name was in English, but none of her dialogue was being translated. I fixed the issue by disabling Shared Dictionary.

To disable: Menu -> Shared Dictionary -> Disable

Hope this works for you as well.
Worked perfectly. Thank you!

Raviel891

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Usually when I play RPG maker games I can press z or space for conformation and the x button for the menu/cancel. Now they don't work unless I press "CTRL" button with them. otherwise I need to use the ENTER or BackSpace buttons. I think I pressed something, and would like to know how I can fix it.

Mr.Pervy

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

i have a question. i just got a new computer and i have a few RPG games stored in my mega. now i was wondering if the RPG trials on the official rpg maker site can also run games. if not where can i go to get the full ones for....well......for a very low price.