What's new

[WIP - Full] [Shoku]少公女騎士みるく (RJ171384)

velsomnia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
I know there is already a partial thread but I am moving this here since I am completing the rest of the full translation. I will update the numbers in this post as I finish each map.

Credit goes to yugifan3, Devilbringer, and Yun-Ah for creating the partial that I am building on.

Current translation progress:

Script file (Incomplete)

Common events file (In Progress)

55 out of 98 maps are translated

I know that so far I only have 1 small game fully translated and a partial done to my name but please do not comment on this thread for the purpose of giving me negative rep or trolling. I will not give an expected date but I am working on this full time and HOPE to have it done soon.

My translator is still being stupid so once this is done I may need some people to suggest better translations if you find yourself in a situation where the translation makes no sense. I will be doing my own proofreading as I play but I could miss things since I am not a very fast player when it comes to these games.

Just updating to let everyone know that I have been translating for the last 4 hours straight and I intend to continue for at least another 24 hours. I want this game to be fully translated as much as the rest of you do.

Last edited:

Yugifan3

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: [Shoku]少公女騎士みるく (RJ171384)

Hey go for it man. Have fun translating it.

OP
V

velsomnia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

It's going to be a haul, I have been working on the common events file for about 2 hours and the scroll bar has barely moved the thickness of my finger. It's probably going to take all night just to finish it but once its done the rest should be easy.

UrusaiSenpai

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Thanks for your hard work !
It's Much Much appreciated :>

OP
V

velsomnia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Oh you guys that did this partial are so awesome, you just considerably cut down my workload on this common events file. Turns out a lot of what you guys translated is in that file so all I have to do is just leave it blank and I can progress much more quickly.

OP
V

velsomnia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

It's not a problem, I love what I have seen so far just from the screenshots and the bit of translation that I have done so far. I am going as fast as I can so that I can finally play this.

iotaku

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I look forward to it :)

lkkyo

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

i stopped to play this game just to wait for your translation bro

fighto!!!

+rep for your hard work, looking forward to play this game soooooon

OP
V

velsomnia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I should have posted an update sooner than this but I am having a bunch of issues with RPG Trans. I am getting text that is running out of text boxes, translations that make zero sense no matter what I do, and some of the scripts are failing to parse when I go to patch the game. I am not sure how long it is going to take me to fix everything if it is even within my skill level.

Cadgy

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I'm pretty skilled with RPGMakerTrans a lot of those issues sound fixable. If you want to send the patch my way I can fix it up and send it back to you so you can continue working on it.

OP
V

velsomnia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I sent you a link cadgy, I appreciate the help.

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

If you're having issues with RPGMaker Trans, please feel free to bug me about them. I do answer questions :)

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Just a heads up, but the game was updated. I know that kinda thing can throw a wrench in translations sometimes.

OP
V

velsomnia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Do you know if any new scenes were added? If its just bugfixes I wont worry so much. Also thank you Hasbian, I just dont know what is causing the errors. The tool said it was supposed to recognize when text would need another box to fit and it got really strange when 1 text box used 3 lines that were in 3 separate places in the patch. Its hard to translate if I cant see the lines before and after to get some context, especially if the translation is gibberish. I guess its just a side effect of the script and common events files that the tool creates, it splits the lines up.

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ergh, it's a little more complicated than that, I guess. RPGMaker Trans will auto-insert a new dialogue box on every 4th line of a dialogue. This is a pretty good strategy, but it's not completely foolproof. It'll also batch together any identical strings it encounters, for the simple reason that translating Yes/No 100+ times gets old quickly; I will concede that sometimes this can make translations a little more tricky though.

That said, I've never heard of RPGMaker Trans splitting an individual dialogue window in two - or I think that's what you're saying? I'm not entirely clear. Maybe worth posting/PM'ing me the offending files and I can take a look.

EDIT: I'll also note that Script parsing issues are one of the things currently being worked on; a fix for these will be in the next version of RPGMaker Trans, but I'm not quite sure when that will be released yet.

Last edited:

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Do you know if any new scenes were added? If its just bugfixes I wont worry so much. Also thank you Hasbian, I just dont know what is causing the errors. The tool said it was supposed to recognize when text would need another box to fit and it got really strange when 1 text box used 3 lines that were in 3 separate places in the patch. Its hard to translate if I cant see the lines before and after to get some context, especially if the translation is gibberish. I guess its just a side effect of the script and common events files that the tool creates, it splits the lines up.
Seems to be just for bugs. I don't think either were game breaking since I have not encounter either one on my playthrough.

OP
V

velsomnia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I didnt hit any bugs on my playthrough either so I will just continue fixing what I can. I will see if I can send you the files hasbian but it looked like the individual dialogue box had used lines from different files.

Goatse

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hello.
I'm wondering how far is the translation progress now?

Because last post is on february and it's april now. :)