What's new

ACT [ Pink Pencil ] Framboise and Mystery Forest RE124559 RJ124559

trekila

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
An indie guy, known as "Pink Pencil Studios", published his new platformer "Framboise and mystery forest"
on DLsite ( Japanese and English ). His previous game "Framboise and Evil Nazi" discussed here
http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=21071.

I like his games, from my point of view he has a sense of humor i understand pretty well.

So, i bought his new game and here is some feedback ( my apologises for bad english )

1. First game wasn't copy protected, now he use DLsite protection software. As a result, no setup utility now, game is just 1024x768 fullscreen hardcoded with fixed keyboard layout. According to dev, DLsite was unable to publish copy protected version with setup, because of some tech issues on DLsite side. This is a sort of flaw, especially for "WASZ" players and those who prefer to use space key for jump.

2. Seems, he improve his engine a bit, i have 55-60 FPS all the time on my old 2.1 GHz CPU.

3. Gameplay sometimes is very hard ( for me ) and kind of boring ( for me ), especially when you need to jump over "horny mushrooms". Also, frogs are very annoing. My reaction is not so good as before, so i spent time on this.
Some levels are interesting, but there are couple of places that looks boring, the only purpose to make walkthrough hard. I can't say game has a lot of puzzles, just some "scent" of it ), like chosing a right doors sequence on level 3. On last level you need to escape rising water, not easy but when you understand the right route, you can finish level in a minutes.

4. MOVING ENEMIES/OBSTACLES:

Slugglin (?) - sort of big frog. Catches you withanal fuck, but as a result you are launched up, so you can reach high places. He kills you after short and furious oral sex.

Goblin (? ) - walks left/right with different speed, kills you almost immediatly by deepthroating

Sowbug - jumps fast up/down, catch you, fucks, then jumps again. Decrease energy

Frog - hits you when jump. Could be destroyed if you jump on it head

Rock - 3 types of moving rocks, kill you if falls from above

Beetle - grabs you head and lifts up, seroius damage

5. STATIC ENEMIES/OBSTACLES:

Tentacle - nails main hero, but you can jump over while tentacle is in the idle state

Mushroom - hit you when you approach, if you try to jump over it, but fail with proper starting position, it will fuck you to death

"Ceiling monster 1" - looks like alien egg on the ceiling, eats you

"Ceiling monster 2" - sort of hand on the ceiling, also kills

Gorilla - perform diferent sex action, depending on what side you are - left or right. Sort of guard you need to pass by to access levers. The longest animated actor btw.

6. I like his stupid but funny background animations, my fav is monkeys having fun with hanged girls on gallow. Think, he need to add more of this stuff.

My overall rating is 3 of 5, but when i realise all is made by one guy during 2 month .... i still think its 3 of 5 ;-) Not bad, but could be better, so go on. Hope he gain some decent sales and will continue to make better games.

Game atm is N2 in DLsite english weekly rating , so good luck

LINKS:

DL site Japanese:
DL site English:

Some pictures by dev ( new and uncensored ):

Thanks for reading this )

Last edited by a moderator:

neokima

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Framboise and Mystery Forest

haha, i kinda want to play this game, seems like fun and has some good points too if you look at the pics! Too bad i dont have a credit card :( poor college students :D

Good find!

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score

Don't bother buying this, the gameplay is terrible, the graphics are mangled, almost like they have seizures during sex. The gameplay is also terrible. Oh, and did I mention that the gameplay is terrible? Well then.

thinien

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

that and i'm pretty sure the author will have another username password thing again like the previous game so it most likely wouldn't be shared for teh lulz
edit: nvm i must've skipped the sentence saying that the author isn't going to do that.

Last edited:

amgwtfover

Lurker
Reputation score

instant DRM + no demo = asking for a fail.

His first game was basically the same design, had a demo, and didn't do well. His games do indeed have a sense of humour about them, but not enough to justify purchasing the game for me. Especially after how bad the first one was gameplay-wise.

reddo

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

that and i'm pretty sure the author will have another username password thing again like the previous game so it most likely wouldn't be shared for teh lulz
edit: nvm i must've skipped the sentence saying that the author isn't going to do that.
He's not going to do a custom one. You'll have the username/password thingy from the DLSite DRM. That's the green shield:

DLSite Page said:
This Item Requires User Authorization.
Please refer to About User Authorization and confirm the normal operation of the program prior to making a purchase.
Either way, authors improve by releasing again and again. His games may be bad, but I still wish him to improve. Going for heinous DRM is probably going to backfire and result in less sales, rather than more, but to each his own.

OP
T

trekila

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Don't bother buying this, the gameplay is terrible, the graphics are mangled, almost like they have seizures during sex. The gameplay is also terrible. Oh, and did I mention that the gameplay is terrible? Well then.
sort of good point about graphics, dev must take this into account. Moreover, i report some concerns while testing the uncensored version.

Regarding "terrible" ... I'm not so emotional ) According to DLsite, it has 4 stars, so there are ppl around who likes it.

As for DRM. Dev told me first game was pirated by some of his customers, then uploaded and shared. DLsite sales wasn't good because game was everywhere. So, he looks how DRM version will go

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

His sales weren't good on the first game because the game was terrible. He's totally deluded if he thinks that piracy was the problem.

herfmat

Demon Girl
Reputation score

His sales weren't good on the first game because the game was terrible. He's totally deluded if he thinks that piracy was the problem.
Yeah, I considered 'becoming the problem', but thought better of it when reading some reviews and browsing screens.

reddo

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Actually... For bad games piracy is specially bad.

Given how this new one doesnt even have a demo, piracy would be the only way for people to find out about the game before buying. The game would spread around, and people would hear all kinds of bad things about it. Then the buyers would get scared and not buy it. Less Buyers for a bad game = Less people talking about how bad it is. And without piracy you cant have anyone talking about how bad it is without being a buyer.

Its hard to say how much piracy hurts a developer no matter what. You can imagine that piracy hits small developers hard, but most who pirate it wouldnt be buying it anyway. 1 Pirated Copy ISNT 1 Sale Lost. Not to mention piracy ends up acting as free advertising (if the game is any good). So, mostly bad with a pinch of good in it.

I do hate most H-game piracy, though. You have some sleazy guys who upload the games into some terrible cash sharers and THEY get money that should be going towards the developer. Sharing is caring, but this is outright stealing.

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score

Eh...at least he's making games. They may not be all that great but he's expressing himself and making some money while doing it. Even if he's only improving slightly each time, he's improving. Better than most of us are doing.

OP
T

trekila

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I agree with Reddo regarding his piracy and paid filesharing point of view.

Really, first game was pirated and becomes "free ad" for dev, never mind he wants it or not. Those, who considered his games as bad will not buy the second. Those, who like the first game, probably will decide to open their wallets again.

OP
T

trekila

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

couple of animations

Last edited:
OP
T

trekila

Jungle Girl