What's new

I'm making a Furry game! (Or trying to anyways!)

KiWolfGirl

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: I'm making a Furry game! (Or trying to anyways!)

Hi, sorry to hear about how things are going. I have a suggestion for the new animation that I think I made about the dog one too. It has to do with climaxes. It looks like climax for both is just one single cumshot but it should really be several as nobody only does one.

Captainstarfish

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Yeah I do quite like the feral stuff myself as is probably evident; the way I plan to do each level is to have something like 3-4 anthro enemies and 3-4 feral/nuiscance/trap enemies, a lot of the other two probably being feral or mutated in themselves; and a Bat is actually on my list! Though I'm not entirely sure how to design it, I'd love some suggestions if you had any ^^
Well, from the looks of things you're setting a good part of game in the subway system/underground areas as far as I can tell, so that already gives a fairly decent setting when it comes to placing such gribblies.

You can perch them upside down, on overhead pipes in shadow, waiting for the player to pass on by so they can swoop down. To add some flavour to this, you could have two kinds of bats (maybe with a very subtle difference in their sprite... maybe add male and female coloration ;)) that both have different attack patterns (eg one has a low swoop, while the other does a 'fake-out' dive before coming in low). It's up to the player to learn to tell the difference in coloration, and to then react accordingly.

...Also, two different enemies using the similar sprite means less workload if you wish to pad out the content a bit more.

Alternatively you could go for a flying enemy that swoops in from the side of the screen after a warning screech (echolocation), and (I'm not a programmer so I don't know if this is even possible) if you could make it so that the bat/bats (this is a chance to use the same/similar sprite to create two versions of the same enemy with varied animations depending) only attack the player if the player is moving then it would be a pretty unique enemy type.

The player would be forced to choose between standing still and avoiding the bats' attention completely (you could probably explain their lack of sight by a 'mutation did it' excuse if you're doing a lore/game character pedia in game) or to dodge any incoming ground-based enemies, if needed.

Now, as for actual sprite design, I'm not an artist (I know, I'm not very helpful when it comes to game design, out of all the creative paths I could have picked I went with writing), but going off of the sprites you already have I don't think you'll need much help with that.

Animations wise, you have a variety of options, and I'll list some of the ideas off of the top of my degenerate mind:

1. Long tongue + latching onto chest = The frenching of a life-time (Good for a warm-up/non-ko attack if your going for them.)

2. Moterboating/shirt tear and boob suck (throw the boob-lovers a bone). Once again, could also be used as a 'warm-up'

3. Latch onto back + blood suck from neck + titty touching with one wing hand + groping down below with the other can then lead to the protag collapsing down to her knees with combined pleasure/blood loss, setting her up for a sex assault/full on fruitbat face-fuck. This will probably be a bit too long, but you could always implement it as a 'Game over' scene.

Actually, on that topic, how are you planning to structure the animations? Will each enemy have one or two 'attack' animations and then it'll loop the last one upon player defeat, or are you going to chuck in a specific 'game over' animation loop that plays when an enemy reduces the player to 0HP?

Also, sorry for the long-winded post (actually I shan't apologise, decent games with bat enemies that actually H-attack are pretty much non-existent), but here are also two games with bat enemies that you could possibly use for a bit of inspiration.

Hounds of the Blade

Twilight Detective 2 - warning, this one is pretty shit

That's what you get for asking me for suggestions.

KiWolfGirl

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I like the idea of a bat facefuck and HotB is a good inspiration. I was always secretly yearning for more smallish feral face fuck latching-on type animations. :p

OP
S

Sephra

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hi, sorry to hear about how things are going. I have a suggestion for the new animation that I think I made about the dog one too. It has to do with climaxes. It looks like climax for both is just one single cumshot but it should really be several as nobody only does one.
Thanks man, weirdly enough I'd not thought of that; I'll probably put up a newer one with that addition and a resting one afterwards, make it properly complete in terms of the things that happen in the final version ^^

Well, from the looks of things you're setting a good part of game in the subway system/underground areas as far as I can tell, so that already gives a fairly decent setting when it comes to placing such gribblies.

You can perch them upside down, on overhead pipes in shadow, waiting for the player to pass on by so they can swoop down. To add some flavour to this, you could have two kinds of bats (maybe with a very subtle difference in their sprite... maybe add male and female coloration ;)) that both have different attack patterns (eg one has a low swoop, while the other does a 'fake-out' dive before coming in low). It's up to the player to learn to tell the difference in coloration, and to then react accordingly.

...Also, two different enemies using the similar sprite means less workload if you wish to pad out the content a bit more.

Alternatively you could go for a flying enemy that swoops in from the side of the screen after a warning screech (echolocation), and (I'm not a programmer so I don't know if this is even possible) if you could make it so that the bat/bats (this is a chance to use the same/similar sprite to create two versions of the same enemy with varied animations depending) only attack the player if the player is moving then it would be a pretty unique enemy type.

The player would be forced to choose between standing still and avoiding the bats' attention completely (you could probably explain their lack of sight by a 'mutation did it' excuse if you're doing a lore/game character pedia in game) or to dodge any incoming ground-based enemies, if needed.

Now, as for actual sprite design, I'm not an artist (I know, I'm not very helpful when it comes to game design, out of all the creative paths I could have picked I went with writing), but going off of the sprites you already have I don't think you'll need much help with that.

Animations wise, you have a variety of options, and I'll list some of the ideas off of the top of my degenerate mind:

1. Long tongue + latching onto chest = The frenching of a life-time (Good for a warm-up/non-ko attack if your going for them.)

2. Moterboating/shirt tear and boob suck (throw the boob-lovers a bone). Once again, could also be used as a 'warm-up'

3. Latch onto back + blood suck from neck + titty touching with one wing hand + groping down below with the other can then lead to the protag collapsing down to her knees with combined pleasure/blood loss, setting her up for a sex assault/full on fruitbat face-fuck. This will probably be a bit too long, but you could always implement it as a 'Game over' scene.

Actually, on that topic, how are you planning to structure the animations? Will each enemy have one or two 'attack' animations and then it'll loop the last one upon player defeat, or are you going to chuck in a specific 'game over' animation loop that plays when an enemy reduces the player to 0HP?

Also, sorry for the long-winded post (actually I shan't apologise, decent games with bat enemies that actually H-attack are pretty much non-existent), but here are also two games with bat enemies that you could possibly use for a bit of inspiration.

Hounds of the Blade

Twilight Detective 2 - warning, this one is pretty shit

That's what you get for asking me for suggestions.
I'm very glad I did, saves me some of the work :p

There's a few ideas in that I really think would work for the game; well in all honesty they all would but I wouldn't want to implement all of 'em at first, at least xD

HotB is one of my favorites, or used to be while I kept up with updates anyways, and Nanocrisis was one of the first I'd actually played of this genre way back when! And is indeed probably why I wanted to add feral creatures to the game, lotta good stuff in there; but I think in having that in my mind while thinking of creatures I hadn't really considered several of the things you've suggested the bats could do, especially not from a gameplay perspective; that echolocation thing sounds awesome, would be very cool for a tense, dark spot in the game which I had been considering in maybe the 3rd, 4th level; I might steal that if I can work out a way to code it ^^

In answer to a few of the things in your post that I thought I'd clarify along with the question at the end, there'll definitely be a 'warm up' state in the animations that aesthetically would be like you say, a bit of frenching or some teasing or whathaveyou, but functionally would work the same as the whole 'struggle!' button mash you'd use to get out of a standard grapple attack; and again in the same way as HotB you'd only have that grace period for standing animations; if the player is floored the corresponding sex scene would initiate, and they're gonna be straight into it sorta things that you can struggle against but will take health off/bring lust up more immediately.

And in regard to the structure of the animations, it's a bit of a toss-up between the kind of thing LAB:Still Alive does in having the clothing tear upon 0hp and giving a specific game over variation of the previous animation, or holding off doing that until I see how much interest the game garners and put in a clothing degradation system similar to Anthophobia, so by the time you're at 0hp you'd be nude anyways.

Ideally I'd like to have that latter method in from the beginning, but as you can imagine that'd pretty much triple my workload having to re-draw each player sprite with progressively less clothing, and if I'm honest the time versus money thing would become an issue at that point unless I was doing this as more than a hopeful income xD

I think the LAB way of doing it is still good in its own way though, so with luck it won't be a loss in quality so much as a different direction.

Apologies for my own long post, I do love talking about this stuff xD

Hope that answers everything, and at the very least I can promise one or two of those ideas will be making it into the game; might even do a design of the bat enemy soon to whet your whistle a bit ^^

Kiwi&Melon

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I really like the animation! Brings the game to life for sure :)

OP
S

Sephra

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Update time!

Been working as hard as I can on the game between stints of further family health issues; probably an excuse you'll be hearing a lot from me! xD

But I'm happy to say that my work has paid off to an extent, despite the length of time it's taken, in that I've completed all relevant animations for the first enemy of the game, the feral Dog!

Have a look-see here of the latest and most complex of the sex animations which capped off the animation work:
( I should add before you look that it's still a WIP; before the demo's out I will have given her a tail and polished it up a bit, this is really just to show everyone what I'm going for ^^)

With this done, my plan is now to focus on getting the rest of the coding finished so that I can put out a very small playable demo for everyone to have a look at! It'll only have the dog as an enemy, but I figure it'd still be fun for everyone to see how it looks in the earliest stages of playability ^^

As far as coding goes, player movement is pretty much there (for the purposes of the demo at least!), basic things like platforms you can jump or drop through with a button press, going through doors into different 'rooms' are also done, and a couple slightly more complex things like ledge hanging and combo attacks are well on the way; now that the Dog is all animated however I can move on to making his AI the way I'd like it and being able to attach animations to the corresponding actions, which I find very useful in trying to get the feel of things just right. Worked with Amber, anyways xD

so TL;DR a milestone was achieved despite some setbacks, my work focus is now shifting from animation to coding, and with luck you'll all have a shiny new bare-bones demo to break at your leisure soon enough ^^

Last edited:

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Oh plox don't forget the knot! Always so depressing when it is :(

Tlazol

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Glad to hear you are still working hard man, what you said sounds great so far. I will try to not let her get screw so much by those dogs (sure..).

I hope that everything goes well with your family.

Maaan, this was my no fap weekend...

OP
S

Sephra

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Oh plox don't forget the knot! Always so depressing when it is :(
Don't worry, that'll be in the post game over part of the animation that I plan to put in a lil' later down the line once coding is done, and perhaps even some internal shots too ^^

Glad to hear you are still working hard man, what you said sounds great so far. I will try to not let her get screw so much by those dogs (sure..).

I hope that everything goes well with your family.

Maaan, this was my no fap weekend...

Haha, glad to spoil it! I was going to message you when I logged on actually to say I'd taken your picture to heart and tried to do the boobs popping out part, very happy you enjoyed it :)

Tlazol

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Haha, glad to spoil it! I was going to message you when I logged on actually to say I'd taken your picture to heart and tried to do the boobs popping out part, very happy you enjoyed it :)
I noticed that part and I liked it, but I didn't think that I influenced you to make it part of the animation.

I supposed I left a little mark on your project now. Thanks, man :')

drossvamp

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So I just finished a short play through of Space Escape by urielman(I dont remember where it was mentioned here), and i have to say that this game looks to be a pretty good step up in quality from that game. As i said before I don't normally go looking for furry, but that doesn't make it any less fappable. Keep up the good work, I'm very excited to see where this goes.

OP
S

Sephra

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hey everyone,

Apologies for the lack of updates, though I can happily say it's been for a good reason! For the most part the visual side of the demo content is complete, so as such I don't really have much to show that I wouldn't want to give away before the demo's out (nothing particularly interesting, but still, gotta give people an incentive to play right?)

But following some good advice I thought I'd post up a progress report on what I'm getting done most recently; namely coding. Admittedly I saved this element 'til last because it was the one that daunted me the most, and while my conviction to make the game was strong I thought I could do with having a few hundred hours already put into the game before I tackled it to minimize the chance of abandoning the whole thing, but lucky for me I'm actually finding a lot of joy in it and I'm only increasingly excited for what I can implement next!

I feel I may have said this all before so I'll move on to writing out a list of every currently working and implemented feature I've got done, to give you an idea how things are coming along; I'll put them into spoiler sections though, save this post taking up a whole page.

First off, player ability:

-Basic left to right movement
-Jumping/double jumping
-Crouching/crawling
-Hanging from ledges (still slightly bugged but easily fixable)
-Sprinting
-Rope Climbing
-Punching (only one animation tied to it thus far, but I intend to put a combo system in as soon as I'm familiar enough with arrays)
- Kicking (same animation-wise, but this is intended as more of a powerful, knockback attack so it's functionally more complete already)
-Pain response to light attacks (I've yet to put in a heavy attack to code against)
-A knock-down variable that requires the ol' spamming of the left and right keys
-HUD that displays health, stamina and the 'E' meter, no points for guessing what that last one ties into, with the health bar tied to player health (I can hook up Stamina and E easily enough, not gotten around to it yet)
-K/O state
-Sleeping in Safe Room (leads to save menu)

Planned features:

-Swimming
-Leg sweep attack when crouched
-Punch when crouched
-Jumping kick/punch
-Showering (health regen in safe room)
- Powerups (antidotes, damage increase, etc. in the form of hypodermics so can be carried)
- Masturbation
- Breaker attack

Enemy Ability:
(Only the dog is coded currently!)

- Basic movement
- Trots up to player, attempts to bite, then runs off
- Can be hit
- Can be KO'ed
- Can put multiple down in map (yeah, pretty evident that'd be needed, but was still a victory! xD)

Planned features:

- Leaping attack, with a warning growl beforehand
- Standing adult and non-adult grapple moves
- Floored adult grapple move
- Idle/Bored animation

General stuff:

- Background wall tiles & Floor tiles
- Background objects
- One way platforms
- Door to Safe/Save Room
- Basic pause menu

There's probably a couple of things I've missed, but for the most part that's what properly works and what I plan to fully work, for the moment; for the purposes of putting an alpha out though I'm not going to say all those 'planned features' are going to appear immediately, or even for a while! Stuff like swimming, other enemies, powerups etc. will probably appear in subsequent builds, as will other stuff I've not listed here because it hasn't made itself apparent to me yet, if that makes sense!

So, as you can see it's getting there, considering when I made the post about getting on with major coding I'd only gotten basics down and had to re-write a lot of that anyways; I'm not entirely sure at what point I'll put out the first alpha but the adult portion of the system is yet to be implemented, and I'm sure everyone would like to see that in place before I put it out there, so expect a lil' more time to wait before its all done!

If people DID want something very bare-bones and rife with bugs, let me know via a message and I'll upload what I've got thus far in a link to...google docs, I guess? Mega? Something like that. I do stress though it's quite unfinished, but I'm always happy for feedback!

EDIT: Thought I'd mention that while I do try and make a messages check fairly regularly I'm not really the best at remembering to check consistently; so if you message me and don't get a response for a little bit my apologies in advance! I'm going to see if I can get email settings changed so I'll have more of a chance to see 'em too, so that should help.

That's about it for this update I think, more on the way soon!

Oh and lastly:

So I just finished a short play through of Space Escape by urielman(I dont remember where it was mentioned here), and i have to say that this game looks to be a pretty good step up in quality from that game. As i said before I don't normally go looking for furry, but that doesn't make it any less fappable. Keep up the good work, I'm very excited to see where this goes.
Thanks drossvamp! Space Escape was one of the bigger inspirations for me and one of the first I'd played in the genre I think; in fact before I started making this I drew some fan-art he was gracious enough to include in the loading screens! The one with her hanging onto a wall and smiling at the camera specifically; for you see I've been secretly infiltrating this subculture for some time now, I even taught Wessex Japanese!
...it's the truth as long as nobody has any follow up questions!

But thank you, I really appreciate the comparison, if I can make something for people to enjoy that made me enjoy that game so much I'm more than happy!

Last edited:

ThatWeirdGuyWithaWeirdHat

The Gentleman Thief
Reputation score

Hey everyone,

Apologies for the lack of updates, though I can happily say it's been for a good reason! For the most part the visual side of the demo content is complete, so as such I don't really have much to show that I wouldn't want to give away before the demo's out (nothing particularly interesting, but still, gotta give people an incentive to play right?)
He lives!

OP
S

Sephra

Demon Girl
Reputation score

He lives!
Pretty much! I think! xD

Just a minor update to everyone, the adult portion of this adult game is, on a basic level, working!

The list grows smaller every day for things I want to do before posting a public link to an an alpha, but in the mean time if anyone wanted to have a look do PM me ^^

glacier

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

This definitely looks like it could be cool, but I'd rather wait until the public alpha. Good luck with your project!

OP
S

Sephra

Demon Girl
Reputation score

This definitely looks like it could be cool, but I'd rather wait until the public alpha. Good luck with your project!
That's fair enough yeah! I've had a few take a look and very kindly bug report for me so progress will hopefully be swift; I say that with as much hope as I can muster but it won't be for lack of effort I can say that much xD

OP
S

Sephra

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hey everyone,

first off apologies to those of you that messaged me that I never got back to; I'd intended to put up a build a few days ago but one thing went wrong that screwed with several other things, etc etc.

Anyway I thought it would be easier and generally make more sense if I just put the link to the alpha up in a post, save the trouble of people emailing just for a link, and I happen to have one right here:

Let me know what you think! It's all very early stages of course, don't expect much (except bugs), but I hope you enjoy all the same.

Oh and the README file in the .rar of the game has the controls and some info about what's in it so far.

Enjoy!

EDIT: link is updated with a hotfix to hopefully solve that animation issue!

Last edited:

ThatWeirdGuyWithaWeirdHat

The Gentleman Thief
Reputation score

Hey everyone,

first off apologies to those of you that messaged me that I never got back to; I'd intended to put up a build a few days ago but one thing went wrong that screwed with several other things, etc etc.

Anyway I thought it would be easier and generally make more sense if I just put the link to the alpha up in a post, save the trouble of people emailing just for a link, and I happen to have one right here:

Let me know what you think! It's all very early stages of course, don't expect much (except bugs), but I hope you enjoy all the same.

Oh and the README file in the .rar of the game has the controls and some info about what's in it so far.

Enjoy!

EDIT: link is updated with a hotfix to hopefully solve that animation issue!
There are two pretty glaring problems I can see so far:

1: The stair case should be 'above' the wall. The wall on the bottom of the steps are covered by the first wall.

2: The jump is way to weighted and doesn't match the rest of her movements. You don't jump, you have a short hop then plummet like your character weighs a ton.

Other than that, this is a very solid alpha. There are some other kinks that I won't bother to point out, but I'm sure you know what they are and have planned on how to deal with them.

amgwtfover

Lurker
Reputation score

2: The jump is way to weighted and doesn't match the rest of her movements. You don't jump, you have a short hop then plummet like your character weighs a ton.
This was my one glaring "huh?" moment I had with the alpha, took me longer than i care to admit to figure out there was a double jump though to cross that pit :p and I'm sure that will is as simple as placing a sign which says "double tap to double jump" on the first corridor of any panned tutorial.

Incredibly bare bones but also incredibly solid and exciting, watching this space with great interest Dragun. :)

KiWolfGirl

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Here are some bugs, I didn't check if anyone mentioned them and you may know about them
- the struggle bar doesnt line up with the gauge sometimes
- when you struggle to get up the bar doesnt reset so you automatically get up after that. it fixes if you manage to get the dog to mount you
- in the doggy style animation, ambers tail disappears or has some weird clipping

Here are some suggestions.
- Someone mentioned the jumps feeling weird. First I would just try changing her air speed as a whole and see if it feels better. It is a bit fast
- I think I mentioned this before but I would very much like it if you ping-ponged the climax animation a few times so it isn't just one squirt and done. It's over very fast. I would also say extend the panting afterwards.

All in all it feels like a very solid start. The animation style is still very good and Im excited for more :)