What's new

Lily of the Valley - NTR H-English Game [ver0.7]

torkenstiem

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Lily of the Valley - NTR H-English Game [ver0.6]

I doubt these guys are going to fizzle out on this game, the work thats been put into it is just too damned good. Id much rather them take longer by adding more game play and quality per update than just spitting out content like a fart in the wind.

crazybat

Demon Girl
Reputation score

It's sad to see you go down the same path as everyone else. What are you gonna do, it's to be expected when idiots don't know the value of their money.

There is no possible justification for this timetable other than that you simply don't put the time in because you don't have to. Enough pussyfooting around this blatant issue.
Same could be said for this post? Making accusation based on assumptions?

Having more money per month doesn't necessarily means things go faster?
U still have to do the work. The real problem is that people are actually expecting that is does.

And i get it, waiting for a game can be annoying. Sure i like for every game to be instant finished. But it's simple not realistic to expect that cause things cost time. A lot of time.. even something that looks as simple as an RPGMaker game.
And u have two options support them on Patreon or wait till they release the part for free. The last part doesn't require anything other then a bit of patience. But seeing this post even this seems too much too ask...

Still making angry/insulting posts for it seems not meeting your own (unrealistic?) expectations does not help the development in any way.

Nytemare

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Update. I played Lily of the Valley finally, and I would like to say it's easy to compare to Sarah's life. Generic story, generic characters and very poor writing. Every other line is a misspelled word, several times Lily's name is spelled incorrectly, same with other characters. I'm going to assume the author isn't a native English speaker, but it's pretty bad.

The only thing I will give credit for is that the actual 3D scenes have quite a bit of detail to them.

Also, in reply to stoper, yes if I upgrade my computer I can render at what I estimate to be 9 times faster. I already have several scenes built in Daz3D waiting to be rendered (about 16 of them). I did 3 test renders to see how my current machine handles them, depending on different aspects such as number of objects in the scene and different lighting aspects and based on those test renders, I know that the actual rendering itself can take anywhere from 2-18 hours or more. And considering my computer is a frankenstien I built 10+ years ago, I'd assume the upgrades would cut the render time significantly.

Eyesday

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I don't like this waiting time, but I honestly don't have any problems with this. The only thing I'd like to see coming from the author is more info about the game. What's going on with the development? What we'll see in this new update? Etc.

killzone184

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

so basically this game will never get finished? fuck if thats the case then thats like another good game down the shitter :/

ps was checking the patreon and the topics or whatever arent loading is that supposed to happen? all the other people i follow there topics show so please let me know if its just this games patreon page doing that

Dottorino80

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I don't like this waiting time, but I honestly don't have any problems with this. The only thing I'd like to see coming from the author is more info about the game. What's going on with the development? What we'll see in this new update? Etc.
I'm totally agree with you. Ok, every creators have their times to work for a game (part time, free time, full time...), but write some informations it takes some minutes...

PS: On May 2017 I will publish my game's demo and... Yes, english is not my first language, so... be patient. I'm never ask sorry for this. Why I have to do it?

Peace guys! ;)

xgrotesc

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I gotta admit that this game's potential is huge, but in some ways has been totally wasted.

I think overall the team is making a very nice work and in relation to most western games their quality is way above the avarage... However, for me this is the crucial point, because the potential is to be one of the best and you guys shouldn't settle for just this "way above the avarage".

On a first note, I'd like to express that this comment is meant to be seen as a constructive critic from someone who isn't a patron and who saw a link to your game recently on another site and decided to give it a go, unaware I wasn't downloading the last free version, but actually the current version. Anyway, after reading a bit of this thread I thought the least I could do is give you guys my opinion, which is based not on gaming industry but on people analisys, what they want and what moves then. I won't go into detail on what I do on a daily basis, but trust me when say that all my work is based on this "soft skill".

The whole premise of your game seems pretty interesting and for a big part of the game Lily seems like relatable character, but I feel that consistently you guys downplay her intelligence and motivations which is what I think some of the people here complaining are referring when they compared you game to Sarah's Life, or whatever that game name is. I'll give you a few concrete examples on your own game further down the line, but for now let's focus a bit more on this issue with a few examples of sucess and generally good reviews from other authors, because analysing this is most of the times the key to success. However, this is not about copying what others do, but trying to replicate things that are working and getting good reviews and implementing with your personal style and ideas. With that in mind, let's start.

Tlaero games have been for a few years highly recognised as some of the most interesting games in terms of female MC's, because she makes her characters personalitiies, ambitions, motivations, feelings and actions cohesive and highly believable. You never get that frustrating feeling in any of her characters that she's suddendly behaving like a stupid bimbo when it comes to sex. Unfortunatly with Lily, that's not always the case...

Also, another case of success are two games from LOP, Living With Temptation and Eleanor. What makes these games great? The fact that altought their main female characters are pretty different from each other, they are pretty much consistent throught out the whole game. And this is the main factor of their success.

In LWT, you play as Justin, but Tracy is by far the lead star of the game. What made her such a good character? The fact that she is a strong minded woman, who likes sex, knows what she wants and all the decisions that she makes while you play with Justin make sense in the context and the timing they happen. She can get really nasty, but when she does you never get the feeling that she suddendly became just a dumb slut. The feeling you get is of a woman discovering new things in her sexuality and wanting to explore them by having new experiences. And people can relate to that.

Eleanor on another note is a completly different case, but also highly consistant. She's basically the bad girl with a nympho instinct who consistently uses her body to get what she wants, but she does it because she likes doing it. She likes to tease and to be desired, so it isn't strange for the player to see that even when she gets in some unconfortable situations for her, like being blackmailed, she uses her body as the bargaining chip without much thought. After all, that's natural with her personality.

With that said let me give you my insight on two scenes in your game that I felt that with the regular course of the story didn't really make much sense at all.

The first one is with the student at the library. I mean... what was that? She walks into a library, asks a guy for information and he out of the blue just asks if he can touch her boobs? Almost no one is that stupid and if it was he wouldn't certainly hang out in a library. Also, in any cenario with the minimum of credibility the immediate response would be she yelling "WHAT?" and slapping him in the face. Also, she would never ever again talk with him regardless of whatever help she needed or not.

A much more beliveble scenario with a different outcome would be for her to notice he was checking her boobs while trying to be helpful. After a while she could start to tease him a little bit (we must take into account that she's starting to discover a new side of her sexuality) and noticing that he's a little bit of nerd and inexperienced, offer him the reward that she senses he so eagerly desires, because it would also be fun for her to do it. But the thruth is that as it is at the moment it just feels that her brain at that moment decided to crash and her IQ dropped to nearly zero so she thinks that the only way to find the book she needs is to let a teen perv touch her boobs. In my personal opinion, that outcome is just lame and frustrating, because althought Lily isn't the most intelligent woman in the world, on a general basis you don't sense her like a complete idiot with nothing but wind on her head.

Another example for me is the scene at the gym, where she let's a guy fuck her in the ass just because she feels sorry for him. I mean once again, that scenario could've happen, but the motivations used to justify aren't believable at all. If for example she would be mad at her husband for something he did or said, plus she felt that the guy at the gym was really attractive, the scenario would be much more credible. I mean, she's leaving the gym, still mad at something her husband did or said, and on her way out she hears someone furious in the guys locker room, so she decides to check it out and sees this guy that she had already been checking out and thinks he's really hot mad at something. With that said she decides to go in and talk with him to see what's happening and over the course of conversation one thing leads to another and they both end up having a revenge fuck. To me that would seem a more plausible scenario. But in it's current state it just feels completly off, because Lily has only been fucked in the ass once by her husband, which was really recently, and she has no personal motivation whatsoever to let things go as far as they go with the guy at the gym.

All in all, my personal opinion, is that you guys need to start giving Lily some personal motivations for her to be doing what she is doing. She's starting to discover a new side on her sexuality and the things that she ends up doing must start to feel like they are also her choice because she wants it, she desires it and she has a motivation to do it, because right now it just feels that many times she ends up doing stuff because she's a dumb bimbo. I think she needs to start to be a bit more flirty, more open minded in terms of sex and wanting to experience new things, because that's how things happen in real life for women. You need to stop playing her always as the offended virgin who just goes along with what's happening for no plausible reason. If you manage to do that, you'll see that your character will become much more consistant and the player will be able to relate more with her because she will feel much more real. She's already started to realise that many men desire her and since she's feeling much more open to sex it should feel natural for her to want to make the most of it, because in the end she knows that she will enjoy it.

I'm gonna stop here, so take what you want from here, but it is my honest personal (and professional) opinion that you would greatly benefit from this change of approach. Anyway, I hope this proves helpful for this game and future projects and at least now I no longer feel bad for myself since I believe that I at least contributed in someway.

stoper

Sex Demon
Reputation score

@xgrotesc, I agree with most of what you wrote about the inconsistency of Lily's character. That's why I tried making her say no in some situations. The one that most irked me was the last visit with the gynaecologist - where he can fuck her because he has only big dildos so he has to use his own instrument. And how dumb of a cunt one must be to agree to that? I thought Lily should say no just because of the way he insults her intelligence.
Sadly the game doesn't allow you to skip scenes, or you end up being locked out of the following events. She either consent to everything or stay true to her husband.
Your comparison with Tlaero's games is unfair tho'. Her work mostly follow the casual "girl meets boy, they fall in love and have sex" route. Such one dimensional characters are much easier to write. Having a woman, who must look smart and strong, yet at the same time act slutty and have sex with multiple partners is a much harder task.

deepsleep

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thank you for the game. I have played it through lots of times and still load to see some scenes again. Can't wait for further updates and hope they come more often.

Also I would agree to @xgrotesc as sometimes I dont think she should be doing things she does.

demidemon

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

@xgrotesc, great post, detailed explanation

This inconsistency in the behaviour of the heroine exists in lots of game that involves corruption. While poor writing or plot could be one of the reason, I actually think the whole patreon system makes it worse.

Game creators receive funding per month (only very few use per release) and usually "release" a new version of the incomplete game per month. This might work for other hentai games but its hard to make this system works in corruption games.

Corruption games usually start with an innocent heroine, sometimes even one with a strong mind, it takes a long time to corrupt her and its difficult for hardcore scenes to happen with good reason in early/mid game. If it takes 10 months of development to reach mid game, there will be no or very very little hardcore scenes for 10 months. Lets imagine what supporters would think if creators only add tease scenes in the game for 10 months, most of the supporters would likely stop paying until there are some actual sex happening. Some might even rage on patreon page or forums, saying how creators delay game content to earn more money. So creators can be forced to include sex scenes early on, yet are unable to find good reasons for the scenes to happen. While other games could delay the sex scenes and wait for the corruption to kick in, patreon games seem to be forced to sacrifice the story to add sex scenes for their supporters.

chabaz

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Tomorrow marks 3 months since last update. :(

Hoboy

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Corruption games usually start with an innocent heroine, sometimes even one with a strong mind, it takes a long time to corrupt her and its difficult for hardcore scenes to happen with good reason in early/mid game. If it takes 10 months of development to reach mid game, there will be no or very very little hardcore scenes for 10 months. Lets imagine what supporters would think if creators only add tease scenes in the game for 10 months, most of the supporters would likely stop paying until there are some actual sex happening. Some might even rage on patreon page or forums, saying how creators delay game content to earn more money. So creators can be forced to include sex scenes early on, yet are unable to find good reasons for the scenes to happen. While other games could delay the sex scenes and wait for the corruption to kick in, patreon games seem to be forced to sacrifice the story to add sex scenes for their supporters.
Interesting to contrast this with the very next post which complains about how long it's been since the last update...:confused:

dragong

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

any news about new releases? or is just another of the game going down in a drak deep blackhole?
sad cos i liked it

Hoboy

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

any news about new releases? or is just another of the game going down in a drak deep blackhole?
sad cos i liked it
Please read the previous posts - this is a quality slow corruption game, and fast updates would ruin the ride...please wait patiently...the faster they update the less quality we will get...

Dottorino80

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Please read the previous posts - this is a quality slow corruption game, and fast updates would ruin the ride...please wait patiently...the faster they update the less quality we will get...
Yes, It's true... I'm creating a game like this. I'm only at the beginning, and its take a lot of time... Be patient guys... Lily is a simple but very good game.

Last edited:

Krappa

Reputation score

So I was a patreon for a bit when this game first game out and recently played the latest free version. A lot of what I liked back then is still here. Lily has a great body, the pacing is good and most of the scenes are reasonably believable considering it's an adult game.

On the surface I don't agree with xgrotesc feedback, especially when compared to most other adult rpgmaker games. No not every scene is realistic but I don't mind that. This is an adult rpg after all, if it was too realistic it would probably be a boring VN. You always have the option to skip a scene in this game. If you don't like the way Lily reacts you can just reject whatever is happening.

The fact that you always have a choice in this game is it's biggest strength imo. It's what I really liked back when I joined as a patreon. What I appreciated was the ability to decline certain people, to bail from certain situations. Personally I don't like Fred as a character so I instantly rejected him when the option of cheating with him came up. Unfortunately that's not really an option any more.

Essentially you only have 2 choices atm: do nothing and keep being a faithful wife. Or you fuck Fred.
If you don't fuck Fred I assumed you would just lose out on the Fred scenes. Maybe 1 or 2 related scenes. That's not the case. If you reject Fred you also can't go further at the massage centre. Or the waitress job. And judging from the scene list in 0.6 there's a lot of scenes that you can't do if you reject Fred.
The problem is that if you stay faithful there's barely any reward for it, you lose out on most of the content. The problem with fucking Fred is that it feels like you give up your ability to choose for yourself. I liked playing Lily my own way. Just because I don't like Fred doesn't mean I don't want to play the faithful wife route. Why can't I do the waitress scenes? Because she has to order dinner? The restaurant is 2 houses away it it takes 5 minutes, it makes no sense to not being able to go down that route just because I rejected 1 character. This game should be about Lily, not Fred. But the way it's structured it feels like he is more important.

If you don't please Fred you get punished. You have to be his bitch or your can't get anything. That doesn't feel like a choice, it doesn't feel like Lily is a strong character that does what/who she wants. And that's where I feel xgrotesc has a some validity to it. If you only have 2 choices (reject everything or fuck Fred and accept everything) then all of a sudden rejecting a scene isn't really an option. So when you do encounter something you find unrealistic it's not possible to skip it. After all, the game dictates 2 linear paths; do nothing or fuck everyone.

Even though development is slow this game is still really good and has great potential. I just really wish we could have our choices back. Limiting this game to 'Fuck Fred Y/N?' is a waste of a great game. The title is Lily of the Valley, not Fred's Bitch from the Valley.

stoper

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Essentially you only have 2 choices atm: do nothing and keep being a faithful wife. Or you fuck Fred.
Actually, I think it's not just Fred, skip few of the other scenes and you're locked out of events again. I don't remember what choices did I make on one of my playthroughs (it was quite some time ago), but I ended up missing the last events of the game.
I talked with the devs several months ago, but from what I understood they consider it part of their gameplay - getting slut points from the events and using those points as a requirement for future events. I would understand that if getting to the events was hard, if you had to do some quests to reach them, or makes specific choices. But when it's all in your face, what's the point?
It just ruined any potential for role-playing. I wanted to play with a naughty Lily, who would let herself play a little, but wouldn't act as a dumb bimbo. Sadly, it was impossible.

The game was very good at the beginning and had potential to become even better, but those strange development decisions, paired with the slow release schedule and the complete lack of communication from the devs, made the whole deal rather salty.

Last edited:

demidemon

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Actually, ....
I think one of the problem is that they technically can't do this. I half expected this game would be a simulator where you grind stats(fitness, skills, lust watever) to unlock scenes at different time of day. (and you should be able to deny a scene until u think lily is ready for it)

Yet it turns out just another linear game where you either watch/skip scene and there's no going back if you choose to skip one.

The only reason I could think of is that they don't know how to or they don't want to spend so much time on coding it. As the game starts to grow, it will take more and more effort to revamp all the scenes. So I don't think the system will ever change. You will have to either get used to it or move to another game :<