What's new

ACT [azurezero] Milk Megami Marielle (RE199169)

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: [ACT] Milk Megami Marielle (released)

the whole game felt kind of "annoying" to play through.
I was hoping i created a better game than that... I was really trying to change people's minds about me for the better.
While making the game I had to take out several challenges because I was afraid people would find them too difficult and assume they werent designed properly.
I wanted to avoid annoying people...

I would recommend to look at the GameSoup Mighty No. 9 analysis videos.

Can i just watch the big one?

also can I ask, were there any levels you thought were good?

I still have time to try and fix the run or rape level with the minotaurs... and i think i can tighten it up a bit more by removing some of the enemies and adding an alternative...

Does this feel like it would work better? i had a lot of fun dodging the enemies attacks as i proceeded with this design (and i did thin out the enemies quite a bit)

Last edited:

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

You know, Azure, maybe this isn't the kind of praise you would want to get, but your games have terrific and astoundingly (is that even a word lol) good gameplay mechanics.
Played a couple of demos, very good and creative stuff i haven't seen anywhere else .

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

You know, Azure, maybe this isn't the kind of praise you would want to get, but your games have terrific and astoundingly (is that even a word lol) good gameplay mechanics.
Played a couple of demos, very good and creative stuff i haven't seen anywhere else .
that's exactly the kind of praise i was hoping for. thank you.

Rsync

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Gameplay is solid fine.
Certainly it handles gameplay aspect better than most dlsite stuff.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Gameplay is solid fine.
Certainly it handles gameplay aspect better than most dlsite stuff.
I'm glad you think so, you dont seem to post often so it means a lot

samo101

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Enjoyed it, but the difficulty curve was really busted - Was very easy almost the whole way through until that part with the shifting block puzzle where you have to run back and forth it just became really frustrating -

The part where you're supposed to jump on the slimes in particular doesn't work well because once you jump on them once their pattern changes due to the change in speed, which is fine if you only have to jump on them once, but then you have to go back through the same area, but their patterns are now staggered, making it kind of a test of luck more than anything else.

The fact that the enemies dogpile you is frustrating both because their animation doesn't change making it feel more like a bug than anything (the new enemy just dissapears) and because one mistake can basically waste a huge amount of time, in particular on the shifting block level I referred to earlier. The checkpoint is so far back (and half that level is boring since it's just running in a direction pretty much uncontested) and there are a bunch of cheap shots (like putting the spanking guy among the slimes in the first batch so he shoots you offscreen and then you get dogpiled) makes it particularly frustrating

I think that this difficulty would be fine if the checkpoints were a little more forgiving on that stage, or if the whole game had a consistent difficulty, but it seemed to be a bit wonky because of it, in my opinion. I ended up skipping every stage after that point because I'd lost patience with the game. A gallery would have been nice, too!

I also experienced a bug on the stage where you get wrapped up as a chocolate bar where I fell into the pipe and couldn't get out then the game crashed after about a minute of trying to jump out.

All that said, it was enjoyable for most of the game. I would have liked the challenge to be slightly higher at the start and slightly lower at the end, but that's just personal preference. I hope your game does great! :)

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Enjoyed it, but the difficulty curve was really busted - Was very easy almost the whole way through until that part with the shifting block puzzle where you have to run back and forth it just became really frustrating -

The part where you're supposed to jump on the slimes in particular doesn't work well because once you jump on them once their pattern changes due to the change in speed, which is fine if you only have to jump on them once, but then you have to go back through the same area, but their patterns are now staggered, making it kind of a test of luck more than anything else.

The fact that the enemies dogpile you is frustrating both because their animation doesn't change making it feel more like a bug than anything (the new enemy just dissapears) and because one mistake can basically waste a huge amount of time, in particular on the shifting block level I referred to earlier. The checkpoint is so far back (and half that level is boring since it's just running in a direction pretty much uncontested) and there are a bunch of cheap shots (like putting the spanking guy among the slimes in the first batch so he shoots you offscreen and then you get dogpiled) makes it particularly frustrating

I think that this difficulty would be fine if the checkpoints were a little more forgiving on that stage, or if the whole game had a consistent difficulty, but it seemed to be a bit wonky because of it, in my opinion. I ended up skipping every stage after that point because I'd lost patience with the game. A gallery would have been nice, too!

I also experienced a bug on the stage where you get wrapped up as a chocolate bar where I fell into the pipe and couldn't get out then the game crashed after about a minute of trying to jump out.

All that said, it was enjoyable for most of the game. I would have liked the challenge to be slightly higher at the start and slightly lower at the end, but that's just personal preference. I hope your game does great! :)
that's odd maybe more got fucked up by my laptop autoclicking than i thought. the object youre supposed to turn into when you fall in the wrong holes in the box stage is the same as when youre knocked off screen by the switching blocks (only not visible) so i dont know why it would crash. can you let me know what the error said?

I have to apologise for any bugs left in, I honestly did a lot of testing and had my friends run through the game a bunch, patrons had the game too but i didnt get any feedback sent from them.

My friend found a few bugs today including a game breaking bug but youd have had to make it to the chocolate box level and beat it with some clothes to experience it. And a laughable one where you can get grabbed by two minotaurs at the same time but i patched them out.

Oh, and i realised that level was a bit of a slog, so i added two extra pieced of clothing on one of the middle floors to make it a little easier

Casual19

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Finished my play through.

The ending was pretty underwhelming, not even a nice jingle to listen to when you beat the game. And plus no real reward for clearing the game either. A gallery room with all the enemies would of been nice.

The only real parts I struggled with were those last couple of rooms. Those fucking annoying fairies, though I suppose fairies are supposed to be annoying so kudos to you for giving me another reason to hate those winged annoyances.

Plus the final boss, sometimes I felt like there was no dodging some of his attacks. If that purple laser was positioned in just the wrong spot, it felt like I was doomed to get hit.
Also not sure why theres clothes before the boss fight, considering they don't really help you at all.

Still it was an "interesting" final boss

The controls though are pretty good. The uppercut was a nice and fun gimmick to the game play. Overall it felt pretty nice. Also didn't run into any bugs so thats always a plus. The music fits the setting pretty well. Kinda wish there was a tearing sound effect when her clothes got torn and maybe she gasped a bit as well but thats just a nitpick.
I also enjoyed the chocolate bar bit.

Overall the game was okay. Not terrible by any means, but just okay.
Its still worth a look if your interested. It won't wow you, but you could do a lot worse.
But thats just my opinion.

Last edited:

scira

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I was hoping i created a better game than that... I was really trying to change people's minds about me for the better.
While making the game I had to take out several challenges because I was afraid people would find them too difficult and assume they werent designed properly.
I wanted to avoid annoying people...

Can i just watch the big one?

also can I ask, were there any levels you thought were good?

I still have time to try and fix the run or rape level with the minotaurs... and i think i can tighten it up a bit more by removing some of the enemies and adding an alternative...

Does this feel like it would work better? i had a lot of fun dodging the enemies attacks as i proceeded with this design (and i did thin out the enemies quite a bit)
I wrote the review right after I finished beating the game so I may have been a bit harsher then needed. I replayed the first few levels and felt like my original thoughts may have not fully applied. Though, that does go to show how frustrated I got at those few final levels.

If anyone else is reading this, spoiler warning i guess. :rolleyes:

Going through again, the forest levels do serve as a good introduction. They are a bit easy, but that's okay for a tutorial setting.

On the tower before the fairy boss, it could use something to introduce the concept of drop enemies to the player, otherwise its

The harder way would be to force the player to see the enemy is going to drop on them before it happens. An easier way would be to place a health item(or clothing in this case) immediately after, assuming they will get hit, but not punishing them for it.

The boss itself is probably the first annoyance I had, I think it has more health then necessary for a enemy with only 1 attack and such a simple pattern. Since it is meant to be a boss, maybe you could have it alternate between both types of the fairy attacks?

From there, I thought the cloud stage did a good job introducing the shield guys, but a poor job introducing the minotaur, because he is so easy to just skip by. My suggestion would be to have him be by himself towards the start of a new screen, or after a save point, since its a 1HKO, and in a tight spot that is slightly challenging to avoid. That way it doesn't overly punish players who get hit by him, and forces an interaction.

Also I wish you would have done more with the cloud background since it would have given a little bit more variety.

From there, I actually did enjoy the sections where you needed to jump on the slimes, though I agree the shield guy in there throws things off.

I think it was somewhere around here that the alternate fairy type was introduced, this was done well and is an example on how to properly introduce new challenges.

Moving on, I also liked the chocolate packing puzzle. though I would had the pipes either lead to a game over, or somehow communicate to use the R key to restart.

This reminded me that I totally forgot about the robot enemies and conveytor belts in the game. I thought both were introduced in a good manner, then it seems like they weren't seen after that.

On from there we get to the witch boss. Here is were i started getting annoyed again. I'm still not sure if the side to side flying attacks are random, or based on positioning. But I think they should either be slowed down, or be a set pattern. The latter would work better, and to fit with the theme of the boss, the number of swipes could increase as the fight progresses.

That brings us to the mino chase screen, and from there I think just making the change to allow instant retries by not having to deal with the first few pits would be enough.

To balance out the difficulty curve, perhaps you could put in a one or 2 combat heavy rooms without instant deaths. For example, imagine the minotaur chase screen with even more enemies, but without the minotaurs.

Regarding the videos I recommended, I forgot how long they and only a few points would apply so the TL;DR is cheap deaths and damage are bad, m'kay.
Also you are still making better games than Vanja, so you at least have that :D

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Finished my play through.

The ending was pretty underwhelming, not even a nice jingle to listen to when you beat the game. And plus no real reward for clearing the game either. A gallery room with all the enemies would of been nice.

Still it was an "interesting" final boss
Though it was kinda weird how him flashing you turned you into a futa. Thought that was kinda odd. I guess his dick is just that impressive I suppose. Makes anyone who sees it grow a dick. Not a power I'd want but each to their own.

The controls though are pretty good. The uppercut was a nice and fun gimmick to the game play. Overall it felt pretty nice. Also didn't run into any bugs so thats always a plus. The music fits the setting pretty well. Kinda wish there was a tearing sound effect when her clothes got torn and maybe she gasped a bit as well but thats just a nitpick.
I also enjoyed the chocolate bar bit.

Overall the game was okay. Not terrible by any means, but just okay.
Its still worth a look if your interested. It won't wow you, but you could do a lot worse.
But thats just my opinion.
1. I'll consider adding a gallery. its allready in the menu code just theres no room for it. [X]

2. the boss flashing should induce the hypnosis masturbation animation, the dick growing is the purple shots only.
AHHH I SEE IT NOW LOL... yeah thats her arm not a dick

3. can add tearing sound effect, just didnt have a good one on hand. [X]

4. thanks for the kind words, i wanted a proper loss screen for the chocolate box bit but i couldnt think of anything really interesting for it

I can forget simple stuff when i get desperate but releasing the game has lifted a nice weight on my shoulders so im okay doing a bit more work on it.

Moving on, I also liked the chocolate packing puzzle. though I would had the pipes either lead to a game over, or somehow communicate to use the R key to restart.

This reminded me that I totally forgot about the robot enemies and conveytor belts in the game. I thought both were introduced in a good manner, then it seems like they weren't seen after that.

On from there we get to the witch boss. Here is were i started getting annoyed again. I'm still not sure if the side to side flying attacks are random, or based on positioning. But I think they should either be slowed down, or be a set pattern. The latter would work better, and to fit with the theme of the boss, the number of swipes could increase as the fight progresses.

Regarding the videos I recommended, I forgot how long they and only a few points would apply so the TL;DR is cheap deaths and damage are bad, m'kay.
Also you are still making better games than Vanja, so you at least have that :D

My main issue with the witch was her speed attack can be dodged by jumping in the center of the room, I wanted to add other attacks that meant you had to dodge left and right aswell.

lol better than vanja. I'll take it.

Maybe the game needs more levels in general.

Last edited:

samo101

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

that's odd maybe more got fucked up by my laptop autoclicking than i thought. the object youre supposed to turn into when you fall in the wrong holes in the box stage is the same as when youre knocked off screen by the switching blocks (only not visible) so i dont know why it would crash. can you let me know what the error said?

I have to apologise for any bugs left in, I honestly did a lot of testing and had my friends run through the game a bunch, patrons had the game too but i didnt get any feedback sent from them.

My friend found a few bugs today including a game breaking bug but youd have had to make it to the chocolate box level and beat it with some clothes to experience it. And a laughable one where you can get grabbed by two minotaurs at the same time but i patched them out.

Oh, and i realised that level was a bit of a slog, so i added two extra pieced of clothing on one of the middle floors to make it a little easier
Some bugs are to be expected, other than that the game seemed to be very well made, so no need to apologize whatsoever :)

I can't remember what the error message said (I think it was a straight CTD, but can't remember for certain) - and I spent a couple goes trying to replicate it to no avail, however when I fall into the pipe it consistently doesn't kill me for about 2-4 mins so something is definitely going wrong

I think the clothing change makes that level a lot more manageable, too :)

Edit: Just managed to trigger a game freeze in the pipe, though it recovered after about a minute, no error message or anything - I must have shut it off manually last time. Not sure what I did differently, though it could be to do with jumping at ther same time as a chocolate lands on your head while trapped in the pipe.

Last edited:
OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Some bugs are to be expected, other than that the game seemed to be very well made, so no need to apologize whatsoever :)

I can't remember what the error message said (I think it was a straight CTD, but can't remember for certain) - and I spent a couple goes trying to replicate it to no avail, however when I fall into the pipe it consistently doesn't kill me for about 2-4 mins so something is definitely going wrong

I think the clothing change makes that level a lot more manageable, too :)

Edit: Just managed to trigger a game freeze in the pipe, though it recovered after about a minute, no error message or anything - I must have shut it off manually last time. Not sure what I did differently, though it could be to do with jumping at ther same time as a chocolate lands on your head while trapped in the pipe.
i changed the check for the box under the chocolate by a few pixels. it triggers properly again now. but I'll wait to have added more of the changes requested to patch it again. and im waiting until all of this is done to put the game on dlsite too (the pipes do just cover another chocolate tile)

Last edited:

ilmncsm

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Just finished making my way through the whole game myself, and I agree completely about the need for a gallery. The witch was also annoying with her dashes across the bottom, as there isn't a good way to predict what she's going to do, and she mostly moves too fast to react properly.

Also, I'm in total agreement about the annoyance of fairies shooting you off the platforms in the last few levels. I got it eventually however, so while annoying it was very satisfying once I was past it.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Just finished making my way through the whole game myself, and I agree completely about the need for a gallery. The witch was also annoying with her dashes across the bottom, as there isn't a good way to predict what she's going to do, and she mostly moves too fast to react properly.

Also, I'm in total agreement about the annoyance of fairies shooting you off the platforms in the last few levels. I got it eventually however, so while annoying it was very satisfying once I was past it.
the gallery is coded now im just wondering if i should add some more levels before uploading since i can only send emails out to buyers once a day

Casual19

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

2. the boss flashing should induce the hypnosis masturbation animation, the dick growing is the purple shots only.
AHHH I SEE IT NOW LOL... yeah thats her arm not a dick
Yeah after closer exception it is indeed her arm. Still I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw it that way.

4. thanks for the kind words, i wanted a proper loss screen for the chocolate box bit but i couldnt think of anything really interesting for it
Well you could make it so that some one gets a "pleasant surprise" when they go to buy their premium chocolate. If you get my drift. ;)

Maybe the game needs more levels in general.
More levels sounds good. The game is pretty short as is. I know its supposed to be a short game, but I certainly wouldn't mind a few extra levels.

Good to hear about the gallery too.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

New version available

Gallery mode added with ability to replay the 2nd and last bosses.
Clothing damage sound effect added
2-3 new levels (a better introduction to the auto switching toggle blocks, and a level with more drones.)

chocolate box bug fixed

Enjoy

UnexpectedTwist

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I don't want to sound like a bother, so I won't ask anymore after this, but do you happen to know an eta on the DLsite release? I'm getting a bit anxious to play after reading some of the teaser replies here.

Captainstarfish

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I don't want to sound like a bother, so I won't ask anymore after this, but do you happen to know an eta on the DLsite release?
Seconding this. I'm not buying from a website that requires me to enter in a postcode as part of my card authorisation for whatever reason.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Seconding this. I'm not buying from a website that requires me to enter in a postcode as part of my card authorisation for whatever reason.
i was gonna send it off once i was sure all the changes were done :3 since i have to censor the images

- it hasnt been sent off yet... but if a few days go by and i cant think of any more levels to add then i will
kinda wanted to make a video trailer too

Last edited:

ilmncsm

Demon Girl
Reputation score

What was the chocolate box bug that got smashed in the new update? Because I've either found the old bug, not as dead as thought, or a new one has arisen. After saving at the checkpoint immediately after you break out of the box, and then losing to the robots (I had forgotten to get them in the previous version and wanted to see their CG) when I respawn at the checkpoint I'm a chocolate box incapable of even attempting to move. It doesn't accept any input besides quit. Closing the game entirely and opening it again didn't solve the problem either, so I'm stuck having to start a new game. Figured you ought to know.

Edit: Something else I just noticed, the fireballs that shoot down from the ceiling don't actually result in a game over if you hit the maximum ... lust? I suppose is what the bar technically is. if you reach that point, you can just let them hit you as much as you want, and all they do is knock you back and give you invincibility frames. The knock back is the general point, and I suppose if you touched anything else you'd get an instant game over, but they themselves can't give you a game over. I guess that might just be deliberate design decision though, because given that it's not really a health meter, and the fireballs don't directly result in sexy shenanigans there isn't really an appropriate game over screen for them.

Last edited: