What's new

RPG Patreon Active [Paladox] The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss (Version 0.745)

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss. V1B10P11 (Updated April 19th, 2014)

I would suggest starting with either The Dungeon or you could go to the challenge room in Kendra's Palace (the NE door there). The small spider statue there will let you do the first challenge area, which is actually easier than The Dungeon area.

archer99

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Oh thanks a lot, i read on this fourm about consensuated sex how do you eneable it??

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The blonde dude in the bar has the option at some point (not entirely sure what triggers it, just keep talking to him I guess >_>)

Kendra also gives you a quest to find someone she lost, apparently you can find him and keep him around rather that give him back to Kendra, though I haven't personally explored that option.

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

You need to be rather intoxicated before Sienna will talk to Yellow.
Drinking a whiskey and then talking to him right after should do.
She will only need to be intoxicated the first time.
Tonics and antidotes are also somewhat intoxicating.

When you can have sex with Yellow (instead of just hand jobs) he will repeat the last sex event (anal surprise) every time. I haven't updated NPC sex or 99% of multi-monster sex (which mostly occurs in The Crypts) yet.

Using sex as payment during monster bribery is also considered consensual, as there is no trauma or spirit loss.

nox

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Ok, so after reading the 1st 7 pages I feel as though I've either over looked something or I might have an outdated version. I don't want to read any further because I don't wish to see any spoilers that may appear. I've been playing for roughly 2 hours and I've cleared the cave that opens up after the initial flower monster at the beginning of the game, to the point of the spider that 1-shots you after the door tells you "this is the point of no return" I can't find anything else to do, someone please help. And if I can only progress after beating that spider then please tell me how I do it because I cant figure it out after 10 attempts and over 30 mins of thinking.

Thanks in advance.

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

You have to beat the spider

If you need help: after he shoots the first web, stand in the same row where he shot that web, then go back to the same row as the entrance once there's a web there, just go right up beside the web and once the spider digs underground and up to the wall go all the way to the front.

nox

Demon Girl
Reputation score

thanks

nox

Demon Girl
Reputation score

My god this game is hard, am I over looking hints to how I'm supposed to beat the bosses located on the floors or something? Or is this really some arduous trial and error type thing?

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It takes a bit of trial and error, but there's always a pattern.
Also, holding shift down allows you to go faster (I should have put the shift key on the title screen but I didn't think to do so).

nox

Demon Girl
Reputation score

yeah RPGmaker tends to have the same key settings, but the dash button is disabled for the giant skeleton in the torch room :T

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Bosses are all trial and error, I can give some hints (spoilers) for the bosses up to the white mage in the crypts, as I haven't really played since getting there (as I felt I was nearing the end)

I believe there is only one boss that doesn't kill you in one hit, and that's the black dragon in the garden area which instead did like 60-80% health damage (not hp, but the more difficult to recover health) And I actually liked that mechanic, it felt like I actually overcame a boss but took a beating in the fight and needed time to recover, which felt a lot more realistic than effectively save-scumming until you get it right ;]

There's also a few bosses that never really kill you, both of them found in the crypts and those I still count among the best bosses so far, simply due to the victory feeling more hard-won and less cheap.

But I don't dislike the boss mechanics on the 1-hit-KO bosses either, it's just that I wish it didn't just end the game right there. I'd much rather see something like a battered Sienna desperately escaping using the safety spell, but because of the circumstances she miscasts it and ends up some place away from her home and having to make her way back while severely injured (just put her in a randomized room with some enemies there, while her hp is drastically lowered to like 20% or something) This would also force some use out of the bribery mechanic, as you'll be in no condition to fight back against anything that attacks you on the way.

You'd still be able to save-scum if you really want to, but the trial and error of the bosses would be more integrated in the gameplay itself.

nox

Demon Girl
Reputation score

honestly i think the trial and error should be dumbed down a bit or at least given a couple hints before fighting, i would have never figured out how to beat the spider if i wasn't told and it took me over 5 tries just to pass the 1st half of the giant skeleton(to which i promptly died afterwards)

does the cheats in Seinna's room make that much of a difference?

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Never used the cheats, and so far the bosses have been fairy simple to figure out after getting killed once or twice. I think the cheats are mostly just a bunch of supplies or something though.

If you get stuck on a boss or get bored of trial and error just let me know and I'll let you know how to beat them.
I should also note that once you DO figure out a boss the encounters are quite good and enjoyable, I just hope to be able to avoid the save/load issues and maybe be able to skip the conversation at the start after the first time ;)

Last edited:

mkire

Reputation score

can anyone tell me how to use the garden?

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

If you mean the area behind your room, it spawns food every day as well as fish (if you have the fishing pole) and both those resources get increased.

Once you get the acid you can go into the actual are called the garden, where you can beat two bosses for a seed that lets you grow a plant in the area behind the house. One drains your breastmilk for mana potions and one drains semen from you for life potions (if you don't really go around having sex you can use the gamble option, which will occasionally inseminate you)

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The main reason I have the player die during a boss fight is more about my own technical limitations than anything else. I'm not sure if I could reset everything properly. A retry option or resetting them (except the dialogue) is something I may look into once the game is otherwise complete.

I'm also thinking of just extending the health damage (instead of death) to all bosses, excluding a few boss attacks (like the fire wizard's statues).

nox

Demon Girl
Reputation score

this may have been mentioned already but there is an error with the avatar face icon thing in the scene where u find the old guy for the succubus

TheThingNotThinkingAtAll

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Alright, been a while since I posted.

New update looks good and there's finally a use for the training room (yay). Keep on doing what you do.

As for the health bar boss fights, I actually want this on some bosses. I like how you have to think during boss fights and it's one of the main reasons I like this game so much, but it causes a big headache when you're about to beat the boss and then BAM! Dead.

black990

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Alright, been a while since I posted.

New update looks good and there's finally a use for the training room (yay). Keep on doing what you do.

As for the health bar boss fights, I actually want this on some bosses. I like how you have to think during boss fights and it's one of the main reasons I like this game so much, but it causes a big headache when you're about to beat the boss and then BAM! Dead.
we'll i think is better for me... i like hard games :)

Donald Faction

Demon Girl
Reputation score

When can we expect the next update?