What's new

a little help

Bloodcifer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
hi! i have a question. i really want to play a game but every time i try to start it this pops up and i have no idea what it means. can someone help me? sorry for the bad quality :confused:

Attachments

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: a little help

You need to run it with applocale.
If I see correctly, you are on windows 8 or windows 10.
Link to how to applocale on w8/10 in my signature (yeah, I did that whole post just so I could say that xD).

Well, at least this is what happens when I try to run games with japanese lang but without applocale xD
Hope I am right or this is going to feel awkward af xD

OP
B

Bloodcifer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

well im using win 8 and japanese applocale but even then its not working :/

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Just for the sake of saying it, applocale doesn't work on w8/w10, ntleas does (equivalent of applocale).
Though... I am not sure if it's even possible to install applocale on w8/10, so this may be irrelevant.

Other than that I would just use google translate to get general idea of what error this is, but image is too small. You can always grab a phone and just use google translate app.

Second most generic problem would be files unzipped without applocale and getting their names changed into gibberish.

3rd... well, this one is case of legality, cracks and stuff... Not going to dwell into this one :p

Also, awkward...

Last edited:
OP
B

Bloodcifer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

so ok i downloaded ntlea now and im running it. do i have to put the path to the .exe file i want to run in "add path"? and i want to say that i am sorry if i am too stupid for this. normally all my games run perfectly and i actually can use applocale on my pc (thats how i run most of my games) so im not familiar with these types of problems :(

Last edited:

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

There is no need to add app path.
Check if after right clicking on .exe you have ntleas in context menu. Just like in pic in that tutorial.

Also, you do get errors in japanese, so it may be something else...
I mentioned gibberish in files due to extracting archibe without locale...
gibberish: "ƒuƒ`ƒ…ƒb" or similiar, if you see files like that, extract again using applocale(ntleas) on archive.

Oh, you can also try right clicking on exe, proprieties->compatibility and set it to w7 or wXP

I am kinda out of ideas atm, too sleepy to make my brain work.
Anyway, good luck :D

OP
B

Bloodcifer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

ok thanks for the help ill try it :)