What's new

Hooked game endless text issue

Icehaku

Lurker
Reputation score
Hi guys. Having a problem with hooking a game for translation. ITHVNR hooks fine and finds all the text. The problem is that the text repeats infinitely so I get the same phrase spammed endlessly. The result is that ITH can never snapshot something for my machine translator to translate and I have to manually stop ITH's text hooking to translate every line. Is there some way around this? Thanks.

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: Hooked game endless text issue

Hi guys. Having a problem with hooking a game for translation. ITHVNR hooks fine and finds all the text. The problem is that the text repeats infinitely so I get the same phrase spammed endlessly. The result is that ITH can never snapshot something for my machine translator to translate and I have to manually stop ITH's text hooking to translate every line. Is there some way around this? Thanks.
You may have better luck asking this question in this thread - Frequently Asked Questions and Problems (Tech Questions Go Here!).
If it's any consolation, I have also run into this problem a few times, but alas, couldn't figure out how to remedy the situation. Maybe try it with VNR. I know that ITH and ITHVNR's 'Auto suppress repetition' feature won't help, sadly. Most probably a h-code would be needed.