What's new

RPG Patreon Active [Paladox] The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss (Version 0.745)

Sarpe666

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss. Version: Abyss 0.72 (Updated Aug 9th, 201

No need to apologize when something goes wrong. That's why I said think of me as your game tester :p

You keep mentioning the next release, I'm wondering when that will be. I'm also hoping you will wait till I'm done with at least 1 play through as you can see I pointed out a lot of things you should fix aside from my suggestions and I hope that was helpful instead of annoying.

I know I suggested to stop time for some situations but I'd have to suggest that you stop time whenever text is on the screen when interacting with objects. I remember I was all ready to go, restocked on *** Tonics for the mine cart fight with the red demon thing and I interacted with the save desk and the save window was up. I was called away and when I got back Sienna was burning and sleepy. So you should really consider stopping time whenever you save, obtain something from a chest, use a spellstone, and anything else that makes text pop up. At least that's what I would consider normal in a game.

I will have to wait till I get to the bloody bedroom since I'm currently on the road but I will update you when I arrive at my destination and manage to get in there.

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss. Version: Abyss 0.72 (Updated Aug 9th, 201

You keep mentioning the next release, I'm wondering when that will be. I'm also hoping you will wait till I'm done with at least 1 play through as you can see I pointed out a lot of things you should fix aside from my suggestions and I hope that was helpful instead of annoying.
If I do release an update soon then it would be more like a patch and it would lack the game's audio files, making it a much smaller file.

Also, keep em coming. As I have said before it helps a lot when players find the bugs for me. It takes me many hours to playtest the game so you're saving me a lot of time. :)

I know I suggested to stop time for some situations but I'd have to suggest that you stop time whenever text is on the screen when interacting with objects. -
I've tried to do this in as many places as possible but it's easy to miss instances, especially where you don't expect situations as such. I'll make a note about the saves and other objects. I really wish the engine would do that automatically but it only seems to do so while in the game menus.

I will have to wait till I get to the bloody bedroom since I'm currently on the road but I will update you when I arrive at my destination and manage to get in there.
There's a point where you can save after you start that event. I would suggest saving on a different slot (keeping the one before you started the boss fight). This way you can go back and upgrade characters if necessary.

Sarpe666

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I'm honestly not too worried about any boss fights that are turn based. Nadie practically destroys everything and doesn't even take damage if the boss uses only spells. She's practically the best character so far. Like I said before I just wished you added more equips for them. Useful equips not cosmetic stuff. I do however like the idea of how you obtain accessories like rings and such so far every accessory I came across I found extremely useful. And it was really rewarding to obtain them.There is one ring that raises Sienna's uterus capacity? What in the world is that for?

Normal chests on the other hand I'd have to say don't seem very noteworthy or even worth the bother to go open them unless you're lacking wood. Aside from the ones that give essences I see no point in checking all of them that's why I suggested mp and hp potions and more equips so you have something to fill the chests with instead of just gems and gold. It's a different feeling which motivate players to seek them out and explore all of the map. When the players get generic stuff like that they tend to skip everything and get to the boss or Light Lock codes. To be honest the 2nd half of the mine I just rushed over to where the bosses were and beat them and moved on. Didn't even bother to activate the light locks in the mines. I just kept an eye out for perfume boxes. In the long run this could hurt the game overall reducing the total possible play time. I assume you do keep that in mind as well don't you?

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm honestly not too worried about any boss fights that are turn based. Nadie practically destroys everything and doesn't even take damage if the boss uses only spells.
As long as Vallerie and Charlene have full outfit upgrades, leveled up pretty good, and Charlene has some wind spells then you should be OK.

Like I said before I just wished you added more equips for them. Useful equips not cosmetic stuff.
And I'll try and address some of those issues in a future release. I've already noted that I want to add some equipment options for the merchant. :)

I do however like the idea of how you obtain accessories like rings and such so far every accessory I came across I found extremely useful. And it was really rewarding to obtain them.There is one ring that raises Sienna's uterus capacity? What in the world is that for?
Admittedly it's probably not the most useful thing. There's also some other strange items like a Necklace of Fertility and Bracelet of Seduction. Not to mention the "Another Place" necklace. I doubt most players using them, but they can always be sold. :)

Normal chests on the other hand I'd have to say don't seem very noteworthy or even worth the bother to go open them unless you're lacking wood. Aside from the ones that give essences I see no point in checking all of them that's why I suggested mp and hp potions and more equips so you have something to fill the chests with instead of just gems and gold. It's a different feeling which motivate players to seek them out and explore all of the map. When the players get generic stuff like that they tend to skip everything and get to the boss or Light Lock codes. To be honest the 2nd half of the mine I just rushed over to where the bosses were and beat them and moved on. Didn't even bother to activate the light locks in the mines. I just kept an eye out for perfume boxes. In the long run this could hurt the game overall reducing the total possible play time. I assume you do keep that in mind as well don't you?
The boxes and chests' contents are completely random, but it would be more interesting if there's a chance of getting rare pieces of equipment, or even extremely valuable loot like upgrade orbs. I'll add it to my to-do list.

Sarpe666

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Believe it or not I did use the Necklace of Fertility. I wanted to get more sprites and took Sienna alone to the mines for a little bit of fertilization. But I lost my patience when I kept getting the ones that I don't find particularly useful. And I assume time doesn't stop when those events take place. So those were the 2 things that made me give up for now on breeding Sienna. I'm not a fan of randomness or chance.

All the girls are lvl 99, have all their lvl 4 outfit upgrades and their respective "Get me X item" quests done. Speaking of which. You should add more of those. That gargoyle in Kendra's place has been badmouthing you for not implementing his quest yet.

Also are you sure the contents of the chests are random? I always seem to find essences in the blue and red ones and I really have to be honest I was disappointed of the contents of grey chests. And that's because of my conception of what a grey chest may contain. In the last game I played the gray chests contained rare accessories, huge amounts of gold, I also recall an item that allowed certain characters in your roster to change to a new race. And of course they were difficult to open requiring a skill you get access to sort of late in the game but not too late.
Now that you mention that you will add valuable stuff to the chests' drop list but you should also let the players know that somehow. Maybe try to include it in the readme of the game along with other things and kinda turn it into the game's manual?

Just for the record I did what's written in the first line of the game's readme :p

Reputation score

I've had some problems with this game about a year ago where it would freeze for no reason at some triggers near the start of the game. Recently, I've came back and thought I'd dig a bit more into this. Apparently RPG maker doesn't support .mp3 and .wav files so when it tried to load these files, the game crashes. I found that this was the case because it worked fine after I converted all the .mp3 and .wav files into .ogg files with Audacity. Obviously, this only happens to a small number of people but could you take some time convert your .mp3 files and .wav files to .ogg in your future releases?

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Believe it or not I did use the Necklace of Fertility. I wanted to get more sprites and took Sienna alone to the mines for a little bit of fertilization. But I lost my patience when I kept getting the ones that I don't find particularly useful. And I assume time doesn't stop when those events take place. So those were the 2 things that made me give up for now on breeding Sienna. I'm not a fan of randomness or chance.
I imagine it can get rather frustrating trying to get more guardian sprites. I'll try to improve the system in future updates. I've made a note of it. In particular It would be interested if you could give birth to multiple sprites at a time, speeding up the process dramatically.

For the longest time I've also wanted to have a little sprite house where you can donate spare sprites, which would give more and more benefits depending on how many you've donated.

Another thing that would help a lot would be having a dedicated sex partner, especially for those that don't want to slut out Sienna or let her get raped over and over.

All the girls are lvl 99, have all their lvl 4 outfit upgrades and their respective "Get me X item" quests done. Speaking of which. You should add more of those. That gargoyle in Kendra's place has been badmouthing you for not implementing his quest yet.
Hah! Yes I do absolutely need to implement more side quests.
Also it sounds like you shouldn't have any trouble with the rest of the bosses.

Also are you sure the contents of the chests are random? I always seem to find essences in the blue and red ones
Well those aren't random. Are those part of the problem you were talking about? I could certainly randomize them if so.

and I really have to be honest I was disappointed of the contents of grey chests. And that's because of my conception of what a grey chest may contain. In the last game I played the gray chests contained rare accessories, huge amounts of gold, I also recall an item that allowed certain characters in your roster to change to a new race. And of course they were difficult to open requiring a skill you get access to sort of late in the game but not too late.
The gray chests are supposed to be, basically, an upgraded brown chest, containing roughly 3x the value or more.

Now that you mention that you will add valuable stuff to the chests' drop list but you should also let the players know that somehow. Maybe try to include it in the readme of the game along with other things and kinda turn it into the game's manual?
I usually put all that stuff in the patch notes, but I'll make a note that I should let players know.

Just for the record I did what's written in the first line of the game's readme :p
It's more of a disclaimer really. :cool:

==================================

I've had some problems with this game about a year ago where it would freeze for no reason at some triggers near the start of the game. Recently, I've came back and thought I'd dig a bit more into this. Apparently RPG maker doesn't support .mp3 and .wav files so when it tried to load these files, the game crashes. I found that this was the case because it worked fine after I converted all the .mp3 and .wav files into .ogg files with Audacity. Obviously, this only happens to a small number of people but could you take some time convert your .mp3 files and .wav files to .ogg in your future releases?
Any chance you could put all those files into a zip file and upload it somewhere like ?

It would save me a lot of time and any future files I will convert if they're not already .ogg.

Last edited:
Reputation score

Any chance you could put all those files into a zip file and upload it somewhere like uploadfiles.io ?

It would save me a lot of time and any future files I will convert if they're not already .ogg.
I've uploaded my audio folder to uploadfiles.io/ezl2p (can't post links yet)

Sarpe666

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Well I got my ass handed to me after the flashbacks. But that's mostly because I didn't teach all the girls all the spells. Probably. Also in one of the fights, no not 1 but 2 you have no means of healing, you don't get healed in between fights either so the battle I lost I started out with one of the girls at 1 hp the other was 50 or so and Valerie is the most useless character in the game in my opinion, maybe I don't know how to use her assets. Anyway I really enjoyed the scene after busting the pipes. Not the rapey one. The flashbacks. I also may have found another bug. The recovery spell stone is supposed to heal hp mp and revive right? Well it doesn't revive so you might want to look into that. I know you wanted each of the fairies to represent one element but like I said in that particular fight you are helpless if you can't heal. And yes I know one of the fairies can heal in that party but that's just not enough. Like I said lvl 99 all upgrades for suits still took a ton of damage from the guys you fight first and the 2nd wave can poison you which again on your party works wonders. On the enemies I'm not sure if it works or not because there is no indication that they take damage.

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I've uploaded my audio folder to uploadfiles.io/ezl2p (can't post links yet)
Thanks! I'll credit you for converting the files (unless you would prefer otherwise). Do you want me to credit your name you have here or something else?

Well I got my ass handed to me after the flashbacks. But that's mostly because I didn't teach all the girls all the spells. Probably. Also in one of the fights, no not 1 but 2 you have no means of healing, you don't get healed in between fights either so the battle I lost I started out with one of the girls at 1 hp the other was 50 or so and Valerie is the most useless character in the game in my opinion, maybe I don't know how to use her assets.
I would suggest getting a lot of Vallerie's red nodes in her skill tree, as she is a very formidable fighter and pretty much your primary means of killing the blackguard, as he is pretty much an anti-magic brute. It's likely an impossible fight if you don't make use of Charlene's defensive spells. Her protect spell is a real lifesaver, especially if you can get it on all 3 characters. Also don't forget the new girl's buff, and she has healing spells so it's crucial to get protect on her as soon as the fight starts.

Anyway I really enjoyed the scene after busting the pipes. Not the rapey one. The flashbacks. I also may have found another bug. The recovery spell stone is supposed to heal hp mp and revive right?
I've had trouble with some other revive spells not working properly before, but fixed those. I guess I missed this one. Apparently the game engine only allows you to target all live characters or all dead characters, but not both. I'm glad there's a way around that. The spell calls on a common event anyway (to remove the spellstone and replace it with an empty one) so I just added full party recovery to that.

Sorry about that. >.<

I know you wanted each of the fairies to represent one element but like I said in that particular fight you are helpless if you can't heal. And yes I know one of the fairies can heal in that party but that's just not enough. Like I said lvl 99 all upgrades for suits still took a ton of damage from the guys you fight first and the 2nd wave can poison you which again on your party works wonders. On the enemies I'm not sure if it works or not because there is no indication that they take damage.
Here's the strategies that worked best for me, but there's also a measure of luck involved. Thankfully the fights can be repeated and you get full healing on all repeat attempts.

Charlene should cast protect on Rosevynne while your healer casts sleep at the start, as it has a very good chance of putting the ravager to sleep and may also work on the guard and his dog. Someone will definitely fall asleep for a few turns which will make the fight easier. Have Vallerie hit the blackguard until you find out who didn't go to sleep, or just wail on the dog anyway as it is the primary threat.

On the following turns it's very important to nuke the guard and his dog until they're killed, as their aggressive and reckless states will magnify their damage significantly, especially if they manage to get a critical hit!

After those two are gone you should have Vallerie focus on the Blackguard while Charlene casts fire on the Ravager. It's crucial that Charlene has at least one fire spell, otherwise he will be rather difficult to take down. If nothing else then you can keep him asleep until you've killed the blackguard. If you're not in dire need of healing then have Rosevynne buff herself and then do normal attacks against the blackguard.

In the 2nd fight your default spells won't help much (aside from Ice Blade), as the Malebolous are resistant to them. Having strong Earth, Fire, and/or especially Ice spells for Charlene will help a lot.

Since they can do either physical or spell damage it won't be as useful to cast Charlene's Protect & Shield spells. It would take all of her turns to get everyone protected and these things don't have as much health as those in the first round. They do have a 75% chance of casting a spell instead of attacking, so it might be worthwhile to shield everyone, but YMMV.

Having Vallerie use Ice Blade will help a lot, as they are weakest against that element. Your healer should cast spirit curse. If it hits then it will lower both their magical offense AND defense. Having just 2500 life, they shouldn't last more than a few turns. Don't try to burn or poison them as they are immune to all status ailments, aside from those that reduce their stats.

I hope that helps. Good luck!

It would also help to equip any guardian sprites you have on Vallerie and Charlene.

In the next update the merchant's new shop will sell an item that protects against critical hits and poison, which should come in handy for these fights.

I'm glad you liked the flashback events. Sorry the fights that happen afterward have such a steep difficulty curve. :eek:

Last edited:

Sarpe666

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I decided to go back and explore blackwoods first and see if I can get more upgrade orbs. I do have to admit I never really bothered with stat orbs on the other girls I was happy with their damage output since it's sort of easy to guess what the monsters are weak to using previous jrpg knowledge(which I have plenty of). I went for Sienna's crafting skills because I love crafting stuff and love the idea of creating your own items or equips or consumables from resources you find.

And speaking of resources I finally remembered something I wanted to suggest a long long time ago and kept forgetting because other things kept popping in my mind. I understand Sienna is a fairy and small and maybe weak but you really should do away with the backstep when harvesting plants or blood. I know it makes it look cute that the poor fairy is struggling to pull the stuff out of the ground but you are always on a time limit that step backwards wastes time from your day and flare stone. Yea it's cute the first few times but after you really get immersed in the game's atmosphere and it starts to feel that you're really there and you wanna do as much stuff as possible it quickly becomes a disadvantage. Again this is just what I think of it, others may disagree with me but I'm just that type of guy who likes efficiency over aesthetics.

I gotta say the game has great music. It never becomes stale or boring or annoying no matter where you go or fight which is more than I can say about other games I like such as MGQ Paradox and the original(main battle them just flat out sucks) Persona 3 and 4 and there's probably more.
I'm really fond of the tower theme for some reason. Maybe because I spent a lot of time there or maybe because it's catchy. It's really a shame that some of the songs end so abruptly and a lot of them are in .mid format and I can't really play them with VLC. Also I want to ask you since you know the game like the back of your hand, the lower caverns floors(icy looking) have a really nice theme when you fight. What's it named and is it in the BGM folder of the game?

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I understand Sienna is a fairy and small and maybe weak but you really should do away with the backstep when harvesting plants or blood.
I've actually been thinking a lot about changing how many resources are gathered, and doing away with most of the notifications and animations. It would be much simpler and way more time efficient. It might be a while before I get around to doing that though, as it will entail a big overhaul to every resource in the game.

I gotta say the game has great music. It never becomes stale or boring or annoying no matter where you go or fight which is more than I can say about other games I like such as MGQ Paradox and the original(main battle them just flat out sucks) Persona 3 and 4 and there's probably more.
Thanks! I've purchased a LOT of music packs for RPG Maker and I've went through them a lot, trying to pick out just the right music to go with each area. I don't understand why other game makers wouldn't make use of them, especially when they go on sale so often.

I'm really fond of the tower theme for some reason. Maybe because I spent a lot of time there or maybe because it's catchy.
I agree. It is catchy and reminds me of older RPG titles. Somehow it reminds me of the dwarves in Final Fantasy 4.

It's really a shame that some of the songs end so abruptly and a lot of them are in .mid format and I can't really play them with VLC. Also I want to ask you since you know the game like the back of your hand, the lower caverns floors(icy looking) have a really nice theme when you fight. What's it named and is it in the BGM folder of the game?
I think that one is RMVA - Ice Dungeon Battle.
It probably has the .ogg file extension.

Sarpe666

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I remembered something from long long ago when I was still in the Tower section of the game. During the Dillion sex scenes you can move the screen if I remember well. But maybe someone else already reported this? I didn't bother to read all the thread's posts.

Also I decided to read your patch notes for 0.72. Now I understand why Nadie always heals so much when casting Restore Vigor on her and why Adivia barely gets healed. Seriously Nadie heals about 500+ HP compared to Adivia who barely heals 100. If I'm not mistaken you said the spell does life damage. Well that sort of backfires because Adivia takes half damage from the life element and to top it off she seems to be one of those "fragile" characters. You might want to re-think a bit about how your healing spells work. If you can reverse the effects of damage like you did with the life element you should change it. You did mention non-elemental damage at some point while I was pestering you here with bugs and such. If you could make the spell do reverse-non-elemental damage then everyone would have a fair amount healed since none of the fairies are resistant to non-elemental damage and it should have an ignore defense propriety in case the player decides to defend with someone on the same turn when they're healing.

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I remembered something from long long ago when I was still in the Tower section of the game. During the Dillion sex scenes you can move the screen if I remember well. But maybe someone else already reported this? I didn't bother to read all the thread's posts.
I think there was another event with the same issue. Not sure if Dillon sex was ever mentioned, but I've made a note of it.

Also I decided to read your patch notes for 0.72. Now I understand why Nadie always heals so much when casting Restore Vigor on her and why Adivia barely gets healed. Seriously Nadie heals about 500+ HP compared to Adivia who barely heals 100. If I'm not mistaken you said the spell does life damage. Well that sort of backfires because Adivia takes half damage from the life element and to top it off she seems to be one of those "fragile" characters.
Yes I realize that was a mistake. I just went ahead and changed the healing spells' elements back to non-elemental. Apparently "ignore defense" does not consider elemental resistance, as all healing spells already have that option checked. I'm guessing it only considers Intelligence and Endurance values, and ignores those. Now I understand why some of the acid spells aren't as effective as they should be, considering that most enemies rely solely on elemental resistances and have little to no defensive stats.

I wish there was a box with "ignore resistances" that I could check. Ideally I'd love to have certain characters receive double the amount of healing, but that doesn't seem possible.

I really should have given healing spells the opposite element, but then you still have the same problem when characters are wearing items that give resistances.
Plus that would then be unfair to Nadie, and could even give players the idea that she's somehow evil or even undead.

Last edited:

Sarpe666

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Well I assume I'm done with the Blackwoods for now. I killed mostly everything around there and I assume the events where I got my ass handed to me have to take place before I can beat the 3rd level boss of Blackwoods.

I loved the puzzle element in the 2 boss fights from the abandoned mansion, but I have one complaint about them. If you're going to have bosses that change weaknesses have them change it after a turn is done and have them stay in that state till the next one is over. I watched closely and they always change weakness right after you're done inputting commands for your party. It is more challenging that way but if you think about it it's rather unfair. Well the ghost boss stays like that 2 turns but the same thing applies to him as well. I think I came across this on another boss I fought some time ago but I don't think it was in Blackwoods. Ah yes, Gelatinous Cube(is he a Wayne's World homage?) That boss also changed what could damage him right after you input your commands. Again it is challenging but I wouldn't say it's fair, I saw this gimmick in other games but not like this. Also there were 2 blue flames that were blocking off what seemed like a crack in the wall. I didn't seem to be able to get in there. Why did you put them there, do you intend to add something there and make the cracks lead to other places? I seem to have found another one outside down a pit with vines and that one doesn't seem accessible either.

Also I went ahead and explored the Test Room for a bit and I know something horrifying awaits me. Out of all the things you could of put there you chose something I absolutely suck at because I never figured out the algorithm on how to solve block puzzles like that. Please tell me at least there's no time limit on it. I know something gruesome happens on the other side of the door and I honestly wished I could of solved the puzzle but I just exit the game as I saw that if you go there from the test room once you activate the puzzle you can't quit and get out. Does that happen if you go there the way you're intended to go?

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well I assume I'm done with the Blackwoods for now. I killed mostly everything around there and I assume the events where I got my ass handed to me have to take place before I can beat the 3rd level boss of Blackwoods.
Hmm.. nope you should be able to get to and kill the 3rd boss in Blackwood. Let me know if that boss gives you any issues.

There is a purple gate on level 3 as well, which leads to The Hollows, one of the final areas I haven't finished yet.

I loved the puzzle element in the 2 boss fights from the abandoned mansion, but I have one complaint about them. If you're going to have bosses that change weaknesses have them change it after a turn is done and have them stay in that state till the next one is over.
I've had this issue with several bosses and they seem to change at strange times. "Oh, it's vulnerable now so I can hit it!" and then it changes after you've input your actions, and before the turn begins. How crappy! I'll make a note to try and improve this, as it's quite annoying.

Gelatinous Cube(is he a Wayne's World homage?)
Not that I'm aware of. I'm only familiar with the Gelatinous Cube of D&D lore, and my cube boss doesn't really go by those rules.

there were 2 blue flames that were blocking off what seemed like a crack in the wall. I didn't seem to be able to get in there. Why did you put them there, do you intend to add something there and make the cracks lead to other places?
Whenever there's an entrance that Sienna won't go in, she may give a clue in her comment. Did you notice any colored words? It's a big hint. You might need a different party member. ;)

I seem to have found another one outside down a pit with vines and that one doesn't seem accessible either.
See above. :)

Also I went ahead and explored the Test Room for a bit and I know something horrifying awaits me. Out of all the things you could of put there you chose something I absolutely suck at because I never figured out the algorithm on how to solve block puzzles like that. Please tell me at least there's no time limit on it.
There's no time limit. :)
It's also the only part of that boss fight, as it would be rather sucky (and irresponsible) to allow the player to get killed after doing such a complicated puzzle. :p

I know something gruesome happens on the other side of the door and I honestly wished I could of solved the puzzle but I just exit the game as I saw that if you go there from the test room once you activate the puzzle you can't quit and get out. Does that happen if you go there the way you're intended to go?
When you go the way you're intended it won't mess up. I was able to complete it normally in my game.

Oh. I understand. Well there's a save spot and then you go in, see a long event, and then do the puzzle. There's no way to exit, and even if you could you wouldn't be able to exit the boss room anyway (like all the other boss rooms, that lock behind you until you've killed the boss and collected the key item/s).

If I have similar puzzles then I will allow the player to exit out of them if they can't immediately solve it, especially in a non-boss room situation.

Sarpe666

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Boss door that won't open, Sienna makes no comment about it except what's on screen and one of the cracks in the wall which Sienna has no reaction to. She doesn't react to the one in the abandoned house behind the blue flames either. But you were right about being able to kill the 3rd floor boss and I did manage to kill him. I thought the 3rd floor boss was the one whose door doesn't open.

The only issue I had with that boss was that I cast Weaken on him but it only seemed to work for 1 turn. Before Weaken he did @200 damage to whoever he hit with his 3 strikes. First turn after his damage went down to 40-60 per hit and then it went back up to 200+. I also didn't see any message that his str went back to normal.

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Boss door that won't open, Sienna makes no comment about it except what's on screen and one of the cracks in the wall which Sienna has no reaction to. She doesn't react to the one in the abandoned house behind the blue flames either. But you were right about being able to kill the 3rd floor boss and I did manage to kill him. I thought the 3rd floor boss was the one whose door doesn't open.
The boss door that won't open is intentional. Once you trigger the event passage you can then go open it. I checked all 3 events like this and found the problem, which I've had frequently in the past. It's set to be "below characters", which means you can't trigger it (and thus, no hint as to how to activate it).

However, the event is enabled if you have the correct character. To save you some time of switching them out here's the dialogue if you just want the hints:
Top dialogue is in Blackwood Manor, behind the two flames.
Bottom dialogue is in the Blackwood 2 sub level, near the locked boss door.

Solution:
Take Charlene and Clarinda. Having Fire for both girls helps, but shouldn't be necessary.
It will, however, make Charlene's encounter much simpler.

The only issue I had with that boss was that I cast Weaken on him but it only seemed to work for 1 turn. Before Weaken he did @200 damage to whoever he hit with his 3 strikes. First turn after his damage went down to 40-60 per hit and then it went back up to 200+. I also didn't see any message that his str went back to normal.
It's supposed to last at least 6 turns, but you may need extra defense or elemental protection for certain characters.

His 3 attacks are similar to Vallerie's elemental blade attacks, but where she deals physical and 1 element type of damage, his attacks apply 3 elements to them.

(Fire Strike - Physical, Fire, Air
Ice Strike - Physical, Ice, Vacuum
Lightning Strike - Physical, Mystical, Fire)

Vallerie will take extra damage from his lightning strike and Clarinda will take extra damage from his fire strike.
Nadie, Adivia, Marissa, and Charlene as good choices as they are not weak to any of the elements in his attacks.

Sienna will likely take extra damage from ANY of his attacks since they all do physical damage. Having Charlene will help with this since she can cast protect on her.

If he was dealing that much damage to Nadie, Adivia, Charlene, and/or Marissa then I'm not sure what the issue could be.

Last edited:

Sarpe666

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Life, Death and Bog faries were in my party when I fought that boss. So if they have resistances to what elements he uses, he was weakened and still dealt that much damage something else might be the problem.

I also went through the events that happen where I couldn't previously go with no problems but man did I feel naked without my usual array or spells. I went the auto-route for Charlene after the mushrooms killed themselves. She survived through the fight.

Also a little book icon appears if you have the correct character in your party at the cracks. I hope you manage to enable the hints to be there regardless if you have the right party members or not.

2 more questions, if you access the Penitentiary from the ladder near the dungeon entrance that floor is a dead end right? I think I walked around the whole floor for like 5 minutes trying to go further in but no luck.

Can you spend more time than needed in the Tower after you have your collar taken off? What happens if you just waste time without getting the babies and escaping?

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Life, Death and Bog faries were in my party when I fought that boss. So if they have resistances to what elements he uses, he was weakened and still dealt that much damage something else might be the problem.
After examining every detail the only conclusion I can come to is the tripent is getting critical hits, as that tends to do insane amounts of damage. If you think it's too OP then I can uncheck the "has critical" box.

The merchant will sell a bronze hairband in the next version for 750 gold that protects against critical hits, so there's always that. xP

I also went through the events that happen where I couldn't previously go with no problems but man did I feel naked without my usual array or spells. I went the auto-route for Charlene after the mushrooms killed themselves. She survived through the fight.
It's a good thing I changed the element on her weapon. In earlier versions it did venom damage (same as her default spells). x]

Also a little book icon appears if you have the correct character in your party at the cracks. I hope you manage to enable the hints to be there regardless if you have the right party members or not.
Should I have the same icon show regardless? I'm thinking that I should use a different icon for when you don't have the right character, like maybe a ? or ! mark.

2 more questions, if you access the Penitentiary from the ladder near the dungeon entrance that floor is a dead end right? I think I walked around the whole floor for like 5 minutes trying to go further in but no luck.
Yeah there's no way to progress from there. The only points of interest are the 3 perfume bottles and a piece of Sienna's original outfit.

Can you spend more time than needed in the Tower after you have your collar taken off? What happens if you just waste time without getting the babies and escaping?
You can pretty much put it off indefinitely and nothing bad will happen, the main benefit being that you can train Sienna to be a better whore and/or dancer indefinitely, which nets bigger and bigger rewards. Dancing skill is more difficult to increase though, as it only increases if she keeps dancing through 4 coin tosses.

My explanation for nothing bad happening, is that Jennifer and the doctor are both preoccupied with other stuff. Jenn's pretty happy thinking that Sienna's just completely miserable. The doc has taken a more focused interest on you-know-who. Sienna always gets to the tower boss and saves Vallerie just in time.

I figure a year or even more time could pass, and things would stay the same. I can't imagine any player spending that long there, but you never know. xD