What's new

RPG RPG Maker [ルさんちまん / Ressentiment] Go!! Narukami Occult Club / 行け!! 鳴神学園オカルト研究部 (RE168737, RJ168737)

Manamana

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: [RJ168737] Go!! Narukami School's Occult Research Department 行け!! 鳴神学園オカルト研究部

It wasn't a stat screen, it was her looking at a prostitute poster of herself.
Indeed, but I think that it's interactive, as you see some greyed text (things that she hadn't done yet?) and white text.

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: [RJ168737] Go!! Narukami School's Occult Research Department 行け!! 鳴神学園オカルト研究部

^ And yes, at this point it's a new game with nothing much revealed yet .....

So far : RPGmaker MV, red-hair loli is the MC, some grey/white hair knight is there too, [might] have some animations for h-scenes and some stuff I don't know

indipuk

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Is this game translated

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Okay, Space Horizon has got to be the biggest load of BS I've ever encountered in any dungeon in any game, and that includes Tartarus in Persona 3.

My biggest gripe? Forced Encounters. The game will bitch at you for trying to teleport them out of your way.

My second biggest gripe? Completely BS Hit Rate. Somehow Sword of Truth with an effective rating of 95% only worked once out of four attempts in separate fights. My characters (who have LV6/7 Weapons and Shields) with a passable hit rate of 85+ (as denoted by the HIT when targeting an enemy) can't hit a cow's arse with a shovel. Then enemy says "Fuck you, I'm going to effectively make you blind!" and casts a speed boost-all. How the fuck does speed grant evasion prowess? It makes you faster, it does NOT give you a third freaking eye.

My next biggest gripe? The flaming "FUCK YOU" it slaps you with. I got to Floor 6 of Space Horizon and I find it's ass-raping me with another dungeon, one that has bosses AND BS forced encounters with evade master opponents EVERY SECOND FLOOR. I was "What the fuck? If only I could read japanese. I'd still rage, but at least I'd know what fucktard reasoning it's giving me for doing this!" Mind you, I did skip every hard opponent floor in the previous dungeons so I could meet the 3-day deadline for the trophies. But I don't think that matters in this regard.

I loved Princess Knight Rachel and loved this up 'til now. It's been sitting in my folder unplayed solely because of Space Horizon.

If anyone can give me tips aside from "Git gud" or any retarded variant, I'd be willing to try everything. "Git gud" does not apply to this game. You can grind, but at the start of every dungeon the only boosts you have are what you've spent points on, as well as your equips.

Viola's adorable.

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

What I usually did was upgrade the weapons I got (I started with white, but after getting a yellow one, I'd keep it for 2-3 dungeons and upgrade it).

Since I went for the medals too, I had to skip 2 out of the 3 hard enemies in Space Horizon, and the dungeon itself took me 1 hour and 20 minutes to complete.

The best thing you can do is boost hit rate and try and kill as much as you can before retreating.

Damn this game was good. Power up system, fast gameplay, dungeon exploring, appraising, medal hunting...

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Okay, Space Horizon has got to be the biggest load of BS I've ever encountered in any dungeon in any game, and that includes Tartarus in Persona 3.

My biggest gripe? Forced Encounters. The game will bitch at you for trying to teleport them out of your way.

My second biggest gripe? Completely BS Hit Rate. Somehow Sword of Truth with an effective rating of 95% only worked once out of four attempts in separate fights. My characters (who have LV6/7 Weapons and Shields) with a passable hit rate of 85+ (as denoted by the HIT when targeting an enemy) can't hit a cow's arse with a shovel. Then enemy says "Fuck you, I'm going to effectively make you blind!" and casts a speed boost-all. How the fuck does speed grant evasion prowess? It makes you faster, it does NOT give you a third freaking eye.

My next biggest gripe? The flaming "FUCK YOU" it slaps you with. I got to Floor 6 of Space Horizon and I find it's ass-raping me with another dungeon, one that has bosses AND BS forced encounters with evade master opponents EVERY SECOND FLOOR. I was "What the fuck? If only I could read japanese. I'd still rage, but at least I'd know what fucktard reasoning it's giving me for doing this!" Mind you, I did skip every hard opponent floor in the previous dungeons so I could meet the 3-day deadline for the trophies. But I don't think that matters in this regard.

I loved Princess Knight Rachel and loved this up 'til now. It's been sitting in my folder unplayed solely because of Space Horizon.

If anyone can give me tips aside from "Git gud" or any retarded variant, I'd be willing to try everything. "Git gud" does not apply to this game. You can grind, but at the start of every dungeon the only boosts you have are what you've spent points on, as well as your equips.

Viola's adorable.
Maybe your team blows ? I mean having all mages and no tanks will only get you so far ........ Go back and farm crap weapons to build your uber equipment all the while slutting the nights away for massive stats power-up. Waste a few weeks in-game to have all characters maxed out.

If this is your 1st run, don't bother with medals and just focus on becoming so overpowered, only the last boss will prove "hard". You can new game+ anyway for any medals you missed

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I seem to recall most of the dungeons in this game having a trick to beat them. Normally, if you didn't take the right party members, you'd have a very hard time of it. I'm not entirely sure which dungeon you refer to (I didn't play with the partial), but I think you're supposed to use magic attacks and possibly buff your own guys.

Before you enter each dungeon, you can ask for info from one of the party members (just like Princess Knight Rachel). That info is usually pretty useful, so it's worth cracking out a machine translator to figure out how you're supposed to beat the dungeon.

It's also worth pointing out that the partial did break a lot of stuff, and I don't know if everything was fixed, or if it's only the obviously broken stuff that got fixed. It's entirely possible that the partial has caused a bunch of things to not work as intended, which may be making the dungeons harder.

The other option of course is Cheat Engine.

Last edited:

Nytemare

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Uhm. This won't be much help. But it's possible to beat all the dungeons in 1-2 days. I don't really have much advice though, I just kinda winged it.

Maybe buy the upgrade for max food and max special attack points? It's been awhile since I've played though, I don't recall major issues grinding..

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I seem to recall most of the dungeons in this game having a trick to beat them. Normally, if you didn't take the right party members, you'd have a very hard time of it. I'm not entirely sure which dungeon you refer to (I didn't play with the partial), but I think you're supposed to use magic attacks and possibly buff your own guys.

Before you enter each dungeon, you can ask for info from one of the party members (just like Princess Knight Rachel). That info is usually pretty useful, so it's worth cracking out a machine translator to figure out how you're supposed to beat the dungeon.

It's also worth pointing out that the partial did break a lot of stuff, and I don't know if everything was fixed, or if it's only the obviously broken stuff that got fixed. It's entirely possible that the partial has caused a bunch of things to not work as intended, which may be making the dungeons harder.

The other option of course is Cheat Engine.
I played the whole game with the partial and never had an issue, it was fine really. Just slightly on the hard side as a game, but nothing too hard. I mean, I like it when the game is not a mindless steamroll to get scenes.

Whether the game without the partial was easier, that I don't know.

djweish

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I can't remember the dungeon you're referring to, but my basic setup was to use the "Insta death if the enemy is on low enough health" skill with all its associated powerups and equips. I used the "hit this enemy enough times to kill them" skills, though that's less needed. I guess I could dig out my saves and have a look...

Oh, is it the last dungeon? Remember you can bring 6 people now instead of 5. So, it's important to manage rows... Save whole row hits (like the whip) for the end, so that you can try to take out the middle enemy and put everyone on the same row. I think the fully powered autokill skill kills any enemy who ends a turn on 37 or less health, so that's all that you need to get any enemy down to. The one with the "snowman" skill on can be killed by chip damage from whips and so on hitting him enough. Use the guns to stun if you have to... I don't know, I never really had any major problems.

I played the whole game with the partial and never had an issue, it was fine really.
I ended up just not bothering with the partial, since I couldn't be bothered to wait for all the things it broke to be fixed. :p It made some things way OP as well. I'd like to beat a game legitly!

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thanks for putting up with my rage vent, everyone.
The first time I played this, I thought the levelling system was borked. Then I read a few more comments and started to have fun with it.
I realise that I spewed a load of vitriol at an otherwise fine game for the last dungeon.
Well, shit. I didn't even know I could take six with me now.
I ended up making full use of Yui's Lightning (and getting lucky with herbs) up to this point.

What actually did the partial break and overpower?
Aside from typos and spacing problems, I mean.
The first sub-boss you encounter in the "lol, nope" section of the dungeon was weird. I could use the one-shot death attack on them handily enough.

And no. I will not use Cheat Engine.

Last edited:

Nytemare

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I didn't know the partial changed anything other than letting me read the status screen and items?

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The partial broke a whole bunch of skills - I don't really know how, but I'd guess that skill names changing may have changed how they effected the game. I think mostly it broke ongoing effects: either they never triggered or never expired.

Now, I'm pretty certain all of the player characters skills were fixed, or at least for those ones which were obviously broken. What I'm less clear on is:

a) skills which had a primary and secondary effect - the secondary effects may not have been fixed because the skill would not have been 'obviously' broken
b) the skills which implement the weaknesses of enemies in Dungeons - as I mentioned, all of the dungeons had a trick to them, which you had to exploit. It's possible that the skills which implemented these tricks were broken as well.

As I've mentioned, I haven't actually played the parial, so I really can only speculate. But I do know from the complaints that this was one of those rare partial's that introduced a lot of bugs, and I'm not convinced that everything would have been fixed.

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Giant wall of text on the blog, with red highlighted text. Either something awful happened and the game is kaput or moonrunes don't mean anything to me.

ghostpianist

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Giant wall of text on the blog, with red highlighted text. Either something awful happened and the game is kaput or moonrunes don't mean anything to me.
Ran it through Google Translate because I'm too tired to manually translate.

Basically, lots and lots of excuses/complaints/apologies regarding progress on their latest game. The part in red is just something they wanted to emphasise on, which is more or less true regardless of what kind of project you're working on: That even though you know from past experience that things are not going to go according to plan, because Reasons, you still tend to end up believing that everything will go according to your plans all the same, and therefore fail to have a backup for when your plans fall through.

Something like that, anyway.

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Necro update for the new game : MC red-head loli can get pregnant (like all their games), dunno for the other girls. There was also a preview of a bustier grey/white-haired priest/nun a few weeks ago.

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Double : new town map revealed.

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

As infuriating as the circle's games can be, they're fun. I'm excited for the new game ^^

djweish

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

What actually did the partial break and overpower?
It was doing things like not triggering the coup de grace skill ever, and letting weapons that are supposed to hit a single row (like whips) instead hit every enemy.