What's new

ACT Unknown/Hiatus [mickmanx] Nightmare Sphere 2

szarala

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Nightmare Sphere 2

Sooo If I understand righ . . . The Game is not finished Yet . . . Is there A demo? = o
Not yet. There was a demo for Nightmare Sphere 0, though (the game that was being worked on before this one and cancelled).

szarala

Tentacle God
Reputation score

There "was"? = o
oh, it's apparently still available for download (link on the blog takes you to a onedrive page that has Nightmare Sphere 1 [full game], Mikuman 2 [Megaman parody with Miku Hatsune] and the Nightmare Sphere 0 demo).. I'd have figured he'd taken it down since it was cancelled

ServerSurfer

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Looking forward to this one. I was worried he'd never come back after the Fukushima incident.

DarkWarpalg6

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Another update and video... largely a novelty feature. NPCs and some monsters can talk, and will chatter away depending on their situation, whether they're fighting, downed, raping, getting raped, healing, getting attacked by the heroine, or getting attacked by the heroine while she's stealthed. We can, of course, expect these to be in broken english in whatever future release.

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Hey, it's better than only understanding "mou yamete" and "hanashite"

nightshad

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Fukushima incident ? the earthquake?

Bob_Grue

Demon Girl
Reputation score

An offshore earthquake about ten times stronger than those featured in major disaster movies sent a massive wave of water that washed over several coastal cities and at least one nuclear power plant that went into meltdown. The power plant had a seawall designed to protect it from waves from a major earthquake, but as I said, this one was ten times stronger than a major earthquake and quite unreasonable. The people responsible for the power plant also tried to cover up just how bad things really were. I'm kind of surprised you haven't heard about this.

szarala

Tentacle God
Reputation score

..resulted in the 2nd worst nuclear meltdown in history (second only to Chernobyl).

It was kinda big news.

Bob_Grue

Demon Girl
Reputation score

And anime went to crap shortly thereafter, as everyone suddenly had more important things to worry about.

OP
MrMe

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm pretty sure he was wondering what the connection was between the tsunami and the NS developer, not what the incident was.

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Fukushima incident ? the earthquake?
I'm pretty sure he was wondering what the connection was between the tsunami and the NS developer, not what the incident was.
If I recall correctly, the earthquake/tsunami didn't affect him directly (they just got tremors in his area), he was just going through a lot of shit in RL at around the same time. I remember something about a mental breakdown of some kind. In the comments was even something about self-mutilation so I assume it was pretty serious.

Others have said that he also lost some or all of the NS0 game's development to a hard drive failure (may have been related to the earthquake), but I don't remember him posting anything about that so I don't know where they got that idea.

Keep in mind this is all what I could piece together from machine translations and probably not the whole story anyway.
EDIT: it should all still be up on his blog if you really want to know.

KiWolfGirl

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I definitely remember around NS0 there was a lot of post from him about deep depression and then nothing for a while. A lot of people were worried something bad happened.

DarkWarpalg6

Sex Demon
Reputation score

New update and two videos... I have no idea what's going on. Throwing the text into the blender of google translate spat out this:

"I always made ​​a psychological test at the time of introduction , the self- psychological testing play-by-play video , it is a feeling .
Question each parameter 's the still being adjusted , but by roughly I 'm such a feeling .
Oh , after , you or I would try to make even skip button .

Do you what kind of selection if you ?"

Last edited:

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

New update and two videos... I have no idea what's going on. Throwing the text into the blender of google translate spat out this:

"I always made ​​a psychological test at the time of introduction , the self- psychological testing play-by-play video , it is a feeling .
Question each parameter 's the still being adjusted , but by roughly I 'm such a feeling .
Oh , after , you or I would try to make even skip button .

Do you what kind of selection if you ?"
If you watched the videos it will have been clear what was intended. For the illiterate, watch the second movie and scroll through to the last 2 1/2 minutes which will show the results of the long series of questions and their effects on the actual game.

Essentially it's RPG world-building with the answers to the questions determining which NPCs in the game can be attacked. Finishing blows on dying or near-dead NPCs may or may not be valid depending on how the questions were answered.

Since most readers on this thread don't know Japanese, I doubt it's going to make any difference since the important thing is clicking through the questions quickly and getting to the actual game.

OP
MrMe

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

Update on blog

That the status report -
We have to make every day very hard, but I am writing a real-time situation towards the twitter.
Hey but the videos and images of twitter I wish I stick them in here ...

So, a brief introduction to the renewal of up to today in the image main. Dressed in the aura in a state that is moving at high speed. The aura has attack judgment, the damage to the enemy can give. In addition, the destruction that can be obstacles advance while breaking, you or can even that. Of speed booster of Metroid is to image basis it is like. ↑ is Megakura such as true Shoryu. But the scope and effectiveness time is short, is what a high power. Dancing and a wide range of Megakura has been introduced in the Nico Nico Douga, respectively, sword, spear, even with an ax (to learn) use and it can be. From here magic system Megakura introduction. Large tornado is moving forward, I feel that continue to hoist crushed, but this is of the flame is a tornado. It has become a Megakura corresponding to all of the attributes. This is a tornado of ice attribute. And say to the DQ-style, Hyadokurosu? What felt like a. This would be a system Megakura explode hero center. It is wind attribute. It also referred to the DQ-style and Baginazun? Such like? This would be the barrier, in fact, because it or did not make a still offset judgment w does not become too much useless at present below, is a movement skill acquisition screen. It is not possible to completely move the beginning, can not be selected only "run". Consuming the move skill points at the top left of the screen, the movement skills you can learn. If you remember the "run," "jump" came out. After obtaining a movement skill points next it will be to remember it. Here is the first branch. Before or conversion guard. Coming up here, at the time the familiar anymore, what from or going to learn it I feel free, I players. How can has also been various updates to the other, it is for the time being now in this much .... .
Yeahhhhh

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Couldn't make head or tail of what the machine translator spat out.

Latest update is all about skills. Characters running around are equipped with auras that can damage enemies and obstacles. Creator then talks about the tornado magic skill which has different elemental variants. There's also a barrier skill but the protection coding hasn't been written in yet so he doesn't use it much.

There's a variety of movement skills to learn allowing the character to do something else besides running. There are different trees for each branch of action and it looks like specific combinations of basic actions unlock more complicated variants.

In short, this blog update means the game is ages away from completion. Fans desperate for more up-to-date game info should really be following the creator's twitter feed though.

nightshad

Tentacle God
Reputation score

at least he working on it still.

btw what ever happend to Nightmare Sphere 0? was that project abandoned? everything worked but the save locations. far as I could tell.