What's new

Noxian Nights (Updated 9/28 - FINAL CONTENT UPDATE)

anondum

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: Noxian Nights (Updated 3/20)

since this is the full release is it dropping to everyone at the same time?

Gpof

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I doubt it, the early release is one of the main incentives for pledging, at least I would think so. It is gonna be kinda wonky having the releases on separate months though (assuming they do finish up by the end of May), makes me a little sad ;-;

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

The full release will follow the normal schedule of three releases.

EDIT: Dang, shouldn't have left the window open. =P Anyway, Gpof is right, we want to thank the backers who have supported us this far!

TheFerret

Reputation score

Every time I pass this thread whilst lurking about I immediately get the worst earworm.

To the theme of "Arabian Nights" in Aladdin, my head just screeches, "ITS NOXIAN NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHTS~"

Literally worse than "I'm Blue" being stuck in your head for a week, or fuckin' "Sandstorm".

Since I have literally nothing else to add other than bitching 'nd moaning I'll just thank all y'all for providing me, and other lurkers, fap material for so long. KThxBai.

chipsiup

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Pretty good! We have most of the core ending stuff done, but unlike previous updates, we can't reschedule any side content to next release. There's some more of that to do yet, but we're working hard to finish.
So this is the final update then, save for bug-fixes? No more content after the next one?

veraleth

Demon Girl
Reputation score

So this is the final update then, save for bug-fixes? No more content after the next one?
here are some relevant parts of their newest patreon post:

Due to the uncertain nature of finishing a game, we haven't been able to give exact dates for the upcoming double release of Noxian Nights. However, we are now working on the last few pieces of the game, and therefore we feel confident in giving a release date: June 7.

However, this won't be the final release of Noxian Nights. Due to some very generous backers, we will be doing at least one more month of the game. Think of this like DLC content - it will add the game, but is an expansion of the core experience. The first update will be focused on the minotaurs, creating a new bad end with multiple scenes.

anondum

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

get slightly hype. can't go full on yet

wonder if the minotaur one fits into the ending of if it's going to be a regular bad end like tentacles/prison

Gpof

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

wonder if the minotaur one fits into the ending of if it's going to be a regular bad end like tentacles/prison
Most likely. I would consider an ending scene for the main story to definitely be a part of the "core experience". Not that I'd complain either way.

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

It's a little of both. During the final dungeon, you will have options that let you proceed with the main ending, or fail in ways that take you to longer bad ends, including the slaver and minotaur ones.

7 june, only patreon?
Yes. Though this is a double update, nothing about our usual pattern has changed, so you can expect the public release seven days after the Patreon one.

Gpof

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Question about the endings, how particular with choices do we need to be for specific endings? Off the top of my head I recall choosing your favorite, and then the reeds that affected the monster taming scenes, perhaps stealing at the minotaurs place has some weight as well? And of course plain old affection levels (or maybe the choices themselves trigger it?).

Understandable if you don't want to answer yet. I'm mostly thinking about how many playthroughs it will take, or how far into the story you can go without making any impacts on the end scene. Anyway, four days and change hype hype hype.

DeeFrost

Demon Girl
Reputation score

In guy's hut where you stay at the beginning, can the little passage at the bottom be widened to 2 blocks instead of 1? I feel like I've spent half my life waiting for the guy to get out of the way..

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Just as an official statement in case bumping the thread generates any expectations: we're still aiming for the release date we gave in our previous announcement, and as we said there it is based on North American time zones.

Question about the endings, how particular with choices do we need to be for specific endings? Off the top of my head I recall choosing your favorite, and then the reeds that affected the monster taming scenes, perhaps stealing at the minotaurs place has some weight as well? And of course plain old affection levels (or maybe the choices themselves trigger it?).

Understandable if you don't want to answer yet. I'm mostly thinking about how many playthroughs it will take, or how far into the story you can go without making any impacts on the end scene. Anyway, four days and change hype hype hype.
Sorry I didn't respond before now, I've been really busy with this release. >.<

As a general answer, the endings are primarily based on affection and the requirements aren't too high. There's nothing you can do to completely lock out an ending, so I expect many people will unlock multiple endings per playthrough.

In guy's hut where you stay at the beginning, can the little passage at the bottom be widened to 2 blocks instead of 1? I feel like I've spent half my life waiting for the guy to get out of the way..
Ah, really? Well, I added an invisible tile that should keep him from standing in the way, I hope that will help.

Gpof

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Just as an official statement in case bumping the thread generates any expectations: we're still aiming for the release date we gave in our previous announcement, and as we said there it is based on North American time zones.

Sorry I didn't respond before now, I've been really busy with this release. >.<

As a general answer, the endings are primarily based on affection and the requirements aren't too high. There's nothing you can do to completely lock out an ending, so I expect many people will unlock multiple endings per playthrough.
That's a lot of good news to hear, even the cause for late response :p Sounds like getting all the endings shouldn't be too tedious, and less than a day until we can start on it!

I can't leave without asking another question though; Do you think the nature of this update will be more likely to cause bugs/issues or has just as much additional time been spent polishing it?

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

There's always going to be issues to find on the first release, however minor they may be. That's pretty much the nature of getting things early and no amount of polish is going to replace thorough testing which would take forever to do properly without a group of people helping out, which is another part of the early release for Patrons.

Just keep in mind to save often and you should be fine though ;)

Gpof

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

There's always going to be issues to find on the first release, however minor they may be. That's pretty much the nature of getting things early and no amount of polish is going to replace thorough testing which would take forever to do properly without a group of people helping out, which is another part of the early release for Patrons.

Just keep in mind to save often and you should be fine though ;)
Yup definitely planned on saving often. I'm just asking out of curiosity how this larger update might have changed or not changed the usual work load.

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I can't leave without asking another question though; Do you think the nature of this update will be more likely to cause bugs/issues or has just as much additional time been spent polishing it?
I think "neither" is the best answer? The amount of work overall was increased because we needed to finish every detail, including various things we'd put off from previous updates. The ending is perhaps a little easier to get right than the usual updates, since it's one big dungeon instead of lots of variable lust events. What's more likely to be buggy is the special bad end, which has a lot of content we've reworked recently and new mechanics that have never been player tested. That's mostly isolated from the rest of the game, though, and so I don't think it will interfere with the experience.

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I've actually been meaning to ask, since I don't really donate in the standard method and don't have access to the Patreon feed, how do you prefer to get things like bug reports? I imagine posting such things in these threads could lead to unwelcome spoilers and such.

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I've actually been meaning to ask, since I don't really donate in the standard method and don't have access to the Patreon feed, how do you prefer to get things like bug reports? I imagine posting such things in these threads could lead to unwelcome spoilers and such.
I'm not sure if you can send patreon messages without being a patron, (I.E, make an account but don't give money) but if you want to post stuff here, we do have spoiler tags.

Can't actually find the right button for it, but it's just {spoiler} {/spoiler} but with square brackets.[][][][]

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm well aware, but I can imagine a few reasons why you wouldn't want things like bug reports on a forum like this, such as there being a better place for it.

Last edited: