What's new

Hounds Of The Blade (old)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score
Re: Hounds Of The Blade

He will drop it like evry other game he made, I was sure as it took so long for a new update, I will not look up any other things he will Quit in future ^^
Eh...I will. Even if he quits them mid-way, they are still free and quality work. Just sad that he never finishes anything. =/

Roadkill007

Sex Demon
Reputation score

the most annoying thing about this imo is that he ends projects before they really get off the ground. Like he takes the time to get the projects accelerated on the runway enough to start flight, then cancels it. It's like he's exploring this idea and the moment he gets stuck, he bails. I think he should probably do some outlining of sorts to sort out what he really wants to accomplish before starting. there's nothing wrong with trying something, realizing it's not working, backtracking, and trying again.

Deathwing9000

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

well, we may also have to wonder if he actually makes the content himself, a lot of the models from Nanocrisis were on a pay to download and use model site... i come to wonder if anything is his... maybe he got a legal notice or threats of lawsuit?

it really depends i guess, but his work is still interesting none the less, i think he just needs to get kicked in his ass to keep working on his projects, or at least throw out some open source for the community to finish where he left off.

Sayathing11

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I saw his tweet,and saw it
he says like making games is too frustrating..

My theory is..
Not long before this game is ehem..
Abandoned ouch..

:(:(:(:(

well,if he..
made HOTB after abandoning nano.

there's a chance he'll make a better one too..

(slight chance)

Picaboo

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I have a request for all those who got Win8 and cannot play the game. As it seems it will never get compatible now, could someone rip the H animations and post it somewhere?

I don't know if it's possible but we could at least see what the game was about. I've looked on eg hentai and nothing there.

OWMG

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Any luck it's his early April's Fool joke? :(

sigmazx

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I have a request for all those who got Win8 and cannot play the game. As it seems it will never get compatible now, could someone rip the H animations and post it somewhere?

I don't know if it's possible but we could at least see what the game was about. I've looked on eg hentai and nothing there.
I played it when I had a Windows 7. Trust me, while the few animation it has hot, there is barely any content.

Shame if he will axe it this soon though.

romerskie86

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

From what he said on his blog... -is that an April Fool Joke!?

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score

From what he said on his blog... -is that an April Fool Joke!?
Doubt it. He's doing exactly what he did with nanocrisis...started off fast with updates every couple weeks and after 3 or 4 stages, it's down to updates every few months. Then drop.

ZapRabbit

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Your TLR avatar makes me want to help, bro. Unfortunately, I lack the wherewithal to perform such witchcraft. Google searches reveal nothing too. You don't have an old laptop with Windows XP or something? It's a crazy man's game to not go through life with a backup comp.

sgtbilco

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Ripped H-scenes just wouldn't be the same as the experience you get from it in game. Particularly with the sfx. I'm wondering if a Windows VMWare solution might work, some of them have advanced now so they can run openGL apps.

The more I read about people having this problem I'm somewhat dumbfounded, surely the latest updates to GameMaker should allow backwards compatibility. I have it through Steam but I've never tried to use it yet.

jur07dbe

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Is he's dropping it because it's incombatible with Windows 8 or because he's started to hate the game itself? It's not his fault that the game engine that he uses doesn't work with Windows 8. Considering how bare Windows 8 is compared to Windows 7, it's no wonder people get this problem. Anyways, has anyone tried installing older DirectX versions?

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score

Is he's dropping it because it's incombatible with Windows 8 or because he's started to hate the game itself? It's not his fault that the game engine that he uses doesn't work with Windows 8. Considering how bare Windows 8 is compared to Windows 7, it's no wonder people get this problem. Anyways, has anyone tried installing older DirectX versions?
He hasn't said...also, he hasn't said for sure he's dropping it. Just that, from what I can tell from google translate, he's getting to the point where he feels like he is going to. Hell, he just came out and said that he never intended to finish it to begin with.

OP
Deviancy

Deviancy

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The guy makes some great hentai scrollers, or whatever it is games like Hounds are called. But the thing is, he just seems to lose interest in them either due to frustration or for any number of other reasons. I mean it's a shame Nanocrisis was never finished, that game could have really been something and so could HOTB but well, shit happens.

Hopefully, the guy or guys doing Unforbidden will actually go all the way, the demo reminded me of a hentai version of a really old game some of you may remember called "Flashback". The jumping to ledges part is what reminded me of Flashback, oh and there was another game called Blackthorne that was a lot like that as well.

HFalx

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

It'd really be a shame if HotB got cancelled. To me it was one of the most promising projects I can think of, besides Nekomeme and everything Kyrieru does.
The gameplay was solid, I loved the hentai-content and after using the english translation I got more interested in the scenario and characters as well. All it lacked to far was voice acting...thinking that it will never get more content and some custom made voices would be really tragic. >_<

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

I wonder what his next project would be

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score

Probably another game similar to the last 3.

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Last 3? What's the first one?

nagant54r

Reputation score

I am just curious if anyone still has a valid link for eryona action I would love to try it out

Status
Not open for further replies.