What's new

ACT [azurezero] Damsel quest (£3.20 on itch.io/cheaper bundled with DQ2)

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Damsel quest - ON SALE NOW (check OP)

Man "white knights" is such a pussy copout phrase. Sometimes people just get dogpiled because they said something fucking stupid.

Personally I pirate, yeah, but I buy anything I'm actually interested in playing and is available off an English language site (so mangagamer, jast, dlsite eng, etc). I figure if they don't want a filthy gaijin buying it and keep it on jp-only sites, that's fine, then I won't buy it, but I'll still play it by other means if really interested. If they make it easy for me to buy, they can have my money.
well you would have gumroad as an option too if they hadnt copped out (but dont hate them cause the ceo is actually really down to earth and a nice guy)

RichInsanity

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Purchased the Game a few Hours ago - the Animations are nice, and the CG is good. But it just feels empty.

The Same Music over and over..
A little bit more Enemy Variation would be nice too.
Maybe a new Background on every new level..

It just gets boring or frustrating after level 3.

I struggled to get the Wings, fought against the Succubus, lost and did not unlock the new CG. Got the three tentacle Bad Ends aswell, but only unlocked 2 CG's.

There seems to be a problem with the CGFile. My Current File looks like this:
[cg]
room12=1
room42=1
room37=1
room36=1
room39=1
room43=1
room13=1
room54=1
room16=1
room55=1
room41=1
room31=1
room35=1

I gave up at the plantboss. It's just to random. The First Part was well done, but the Second Part is way to much based on luck, in my Opinion.

Closed the Game and realized, that I had to go trough ALL of this again if I want to defeat the plant thing... no.

Some Kind of Stage Select would be awesome, I'm not playing 30 Minutes just to get to that damn luckbased boss.

Besides that, an easy/normal mode would be nice.
Easy Mode could double your Savepoints, that would make the Game less frustrating.

And Overall, it's to empty. Maybe a bit of a storyline, important story pieces like keys, pictures, maybe even clothes... More Switches.. these blue bars are just annoying and waste my Time...

The First red bars almost made me ragequit the game. Waiting..destroying blue bar..wating... same again..waiting.. game over.
Yeah, everything again.

The Fight against the Succubus was to easy. the Entire flight-and-shoot thing is to easy. I don't even need to dodge.

That sums up my thoughts.

I would love to see a easymode/savefeature. At the Current Version, I don't think that I'm going to play this again.

Maybe some friendly NPC's or background NPC's could brighten up the Game.
It just feels empty.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

I think this is a good time now to go ahead and address this issue of piracy and the supposedly hypocrisy in the forums. But before that, I'd like for Rizzin to cease with the provoking messages (though it looks like you already did) and everybody to stop goading him.

The forums, officially, has run the same way as before. We will not allow any games to be posted if the creator has specifically asked us not to allow sharing. This has and always been our stance.

In the case that a developer has not messaged us about their game being passed around in the forums, then we can only ask that the members not indulge in illegal activities. We have the power to stop it and we will when asked.

Now of course, this is an incredibly political sounding statement that works with technicalities. But the real truth is Toxic and I aren't here to police the forum; we're here as librarians (to organize and clean up the content here) and, if need be, stop conflict when it arises. We aren't trying to restrict what happens in discussion unless it causes, or has the possibility of causing waves.

Now that we have the role of librarians laid out, what of the double standard? This developed because we saw an increase of actual developers coming into our forums, almost all of them being able to speak English. As such, we can clearly hear their requests of stopping piracy. Therefore, we will step in to stop the piracy. Meanwhile with j-developers, we try our best to hear their requests if they make it. That's exactly why Unholy Sanctuary does not have a download link. This is why Fairy Fighting does not have a download link.

With this disproportionate increase of western developers, we're only able to reasonably accommodate their requests of how their games are distributed. This, along with the fact that we can talk to, share with, and appreciate their presence, lets members of the forum develop a bond with them. It would only be natural of them to feel more sentimental when these developers have their game pirated right before their eyes. Would we do the same with Japanese developers? Well we can see that faintly with Fairy Fighting; Eluku has only briefly shown up a couple times on the forum, but people have become a lot more sensitive to helping their cause. And granted, I've only been using one example to reinforce my point, but that's only because he's one of the only examples to bring up. If more Japanese developers reached out to here as well, we'd more than certainly help them.

Can we extend these protections to all games? Of course we can. But you need to realize that we're trying to keep a balance of allowing sharing and respecting the wishes of developers. If we want to police the forums completely, you can bet that the new complaint would be that we used to allow links, but now we're being incredibly unfair.

So who's left to talk about? The members themselves? As I've said, they've grown to appreciate the western developers as people, not just as developers. It's natural of them to be more defensive for those they care about. Is it hypocritical if they still download pirated Japanese h-games? I suppose, but they're still right; If the developer said not to do it, then don't do. Period. You can hold all the grudges you want about the inherent hypocrisy about the forums, but the bottom line is that we still need to respect the wishes of the developer. It's frustrating to those who dislike double-standards, I know, but we don't want to have to take away the privileges of members when we don't have to. And if it's a toss-up between limiting the forums to make sure we aren't contradicting ourselves or being as open as possible to allow all members to enjoy their time here, I'll choose the latter in a heartbeat.

I realize that I haven't been on much to really enforce this stance (which by the way, thank you to all the members for being, in general, well-behaved), but I don't think it's too much to ask to respect not only the wishes of the developers who go on here, but to also respect my wishes to not cause problems.

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

Nice post Dark Fire.

I'd just want to say you missed an obvious Japanese dev to use as an example in ILL, who is very active in the community in his own thread :p
/nitpick

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Purchased the Game a few Hours ago - the Animations are nice, and the CG is good. But it just feels empty.

I struggled to get the Wings, fought against the Succubus, lost and did not unlock the new CG. Got the three tentacle Bad Ends aswell, but only unlocked 2 CG's.

[cg]
room12=1
room42=1
room37=1
room36=1
room39=1
room43=1
room13=1
room54=1
room16=1
room55=1
room41=1
room31=1
room35=1

I gave up at the plantboss. It's just to random. The First Part was well done, but the Second Part is way to much based on luck, in my Opinion.

Closed the Game and realized, that I had to go trough ALL of this again if I want to defeat the plant thing... no.

Some Kind of Stage Select would be awesome, I'm not playing 30 Minutes just to get to that damn luckbased boss.

Easy Mode could double your Savepoints, that would make the Game less frustrating.

And Overall, it's to empty. Maybe a bit of a storyline, important story pieces like keys, pictures, maybe even clothes... More Switches.. these blue bars are just annoying and waste my Time...

The First red bars almost made me ragequit the game. Waiting..destroying blue bar..wating... same again..waiting.. game over.
Yeah, everything again.

The Fight against the Succubus was to easy. the Entire flight-and-shoot thing is to easy. I don't even need to dodge.

I would love to see a easymode/savefeature. At the Current Version, I don't think that I'm going to play this again.

It just feels empty.
I think I emailed you with the current cheats(only sale between me sleeping and waking up), and the cg file looks right but you're telling me only 3 cgs were unlocked in the gallery?

|Alien|

Lurker
Reputation score

I think I emailed you with the current cheats(only sale between me sleeping and waking up), and the cg file looks right but you're telling me only 3 cgs were unlocked in the gallery?
It happened to me too.
I have all the text in the CG txt but 4 image are locked.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Last edited:

firebug

Demon Girl
Reputation score

[cg]
room12=1
room42=1
room37=1
room36=1
room39=1
room43=1
room13=1
room54=1
room16=1
room55=1
room41=1
room31=1
room35=1

Yeah, everything again.

It just feels empty.
I have the same complaint really. It's a bit harsh to not have a level select or a save feature :(

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I have the same complaint really. It's a bit harsh to not have a level select or a save feature :(
it wouldn't take much to add a save feature either, i will consider it, for now the level skip is "6" :3

RichInsanity

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The Skipfunction was nice. :D
And your CGfile unlocked everything for me.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The Skipfunction was nice. :D
And your CGfile unlocked everything for me.
i never really thought this game needed a save option since it can be completed in under an hour and has no rpg elements, damsel quest 3, is a combat based platformer with exp and levels so there will be save points on every floor of the castle (except one, because it could lead to unwinnable situation and having to restart the entire game)

gonna be centered around guarding and parrying (which knocks the attacker off guard) and absolutely no instant death pits (just falling down to a previous floor)

people can grind as necessary but i'll be sure to scale up the bosses based on level

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

i never really thought this game needed a save option since it can be completed in under an hour and has no rpg elements, damsel quest 3, is a combat based platformer with exp and levels so there will be save points on every floor of the castle (except one, because it could lead to unwinnable situation and having to restart the entire game)

gonna be centered around guarding and parrying (which knocks the attacker off guard) and absolutely no instant death pits (just falling down to a previous floor)

people can grind as necessary but i'll be sure to scale up the bosses based on level
I would say, in general, a save system is never going to turn people off. Meanwhile, the lack of one can completely shut them out of the game. In the future, I'd just say always have a save feature of sorts, just to safe.

A way to get passed unwinnable sections, could be to have 'checkpoints' so player's can't make their own save spots.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

bitch please it takes less than 5 minutes to add a save system, just been waiting for dropbox to sync

i worked on the version with the updated sound handling and flower particles for the flying level :)

either way as you'll see, w is load e is save, and this works in any room (including the title screen, so be careful)

also using this besides to come back to playing later is considered easy mode...have fun save scumming :3

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

So does this mean that the saves are already implemented? I wasn't going to buy it because it was frustrating. I play for the faps, not for difficulty.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So does this mean that the saves are already implemented? I wasn't going to buy it because it was frustrating. I play for the faps, not for difficulty.
apparently saves were allready built in by game maker with f5 or 6 or something
but yeah i added e to save and w to load...or something...it's on the title screen of the above version

Spastus

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I know it's a joke but why is saving a bad thing? Older games may be a challenge without save but cahllenge is not really the focus of hentai games, is it?

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

Woo, frustratingly hard, but I will very likely purchase.

I treasure H games

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I know it's a joke but why is saving a bad thing? Older games may be a challenge without save but cahllenge is not really the focus of hentai games, is it?
good gameplay is :) if it wasnt, i'd just have my artist make a lot of sex animations and make a simple jungle girl clone in game maker...it'd take a day once i had the animations

Spastus

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Well, the fisrt question still stands, but if you're saying you don't like saving since good gameplay is enough then... eh... i dunno man...

I think not even gameplay is the most important thing... I think the hentai itself is the most important thing, gameplay too matters but letting the player enjoy the hentai part should be top priority and saving helps that cuase just as much as good gameplay.

Just my 3 dollars and 5 cents.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well, the fisrt question still stands, but if you're saying you don't like saving since good gameplay is enough then... eh... i dunno man...

I think not even gameplay is the most important thing... I think the hentai itself is the most important thing, gameplay too matters but letting the player enjoy the hentai part should be top priority and saving helps that cuase just as much as good gameplay.

Just my 3 dollars and 5 cents.
well i have added saving, before it just never seemed important because of what i allready said, game taking less than an hour to complete, i couldve made the game longer, but that wouldnt have felt fun either....was trying to make it short and sweet...im surprised one person found the second part of the game less fun than the rigid stealth, but i think the difficulty curve wouldve got too high if i'd done the full 10 levels with stealth

and if a feature takes less than 10 minutes to add, i'll probably do it if enough people ask

Last edited: