What's new

A tribute to the nice guys.

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: A tribute to the nice guys.

XD Please tell me that it was made as a mockery.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

No it was made by this asian girl, I forgot her name, but she's a college student and a writer or something.

*edit*
This rant was written for the Wharton Undergraduate Journal
Fu-zu Jen, SEAS/WH, 2003

*double edit* haha I found my first reaction to it
"Written by a dude. Not only that, a "nice" dude who's been stuck in this situation for so long, he's considering becoming gay and although it's not in his best interest at the moment, he still hasn't decided against it. And no, I'm not being oddly specific, why do you ask?"

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

I'm sick and tired of doing that. i want someone to like me enough to ask me out. I've always done the asking and i don't want to do it anymore...

And if you're wondering, i already tried asking the nice guy, he said it was a bad idea because of the roommate thing.

I just don't want to be the aggressor anymore...
If you really want him, then you may have to be aggressive for a bit longer. Otherwise, feel free to find a way for us to get to know each other off of the internet as well as live in the same state, and I'd gladly go out with you XD
(seriously, I'd do it)

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

If you really want him, then you may have to be aggressive for a bit longer. Otherwise, feel free to find a way for us to get to know each other off of the internet as well as live in the same state, and I'd gladly go out with you XD
(seriously, I'd do it)
Believe me hun, i tried. He says he doesn't want to ruin our friendship.

-ninja- what state do you live in?

Lucas

Lurker
Reputation score

Ah yes, the act of being 'just friended'. I feel for ya', Chibi.

I actually really needed the OP the other day; I was stood up for a date and felt like shit. Glad to know that some people care about what I do.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Ah yes, the act of being 'just friended'. I feel for ya', Chibi.

I actually really needed the OP the other day; I was stood up for a date and felt like shit. Glad to know that some people care about what I do.
haha, you must have missed all the other posts. Apparently, you're a sexist asshole who's trying to get into girls pants :p

Lucas

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah... I tend to not read posts a whole lot when I take a trip and then come back to find that the responses are sprawled over a couple of new pages. >.<

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

I like to think of myself as a nice person and on the topic of chivalry i think more or less regardless of situation, if someone opens a door for you, you should say thank you. They are doing you a favor and snubbing them only serves to destroy some of the happiness in the world. You shouldn't have to be chivalrous to have manners.

does this make me a sexist asshole trying to get into everyones panties?

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Nah. It makes you human.

.. Wait, Nunu's not human...

OP
Obeliskos

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Whoa! Chicks can get friend zone'd too?

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Whoa! Chicks can get friend zone'd too?
Yes.

The thing is... he finds me attractive. Compliments me every chance he gets. And if we weren't going to be roommates I'm sure he'd be up for the idea of pounding me into the sheets. But then there's that pesky roommate thing. It's frustrating x.x

Lurker
Reputation score

And if we weren't going to be roommates I'm sure he'd be up for the idea of pounding me into the sheets. But then there's that pesky roommate thing. It's frustrating x.x
I imagine said sheetpounding would be made easier by proximity, and really don't understand what being roommates has to do with it. Wharglblargl.

Momiji

Lurker
Reputation score

I imagine said sheetpounding would be made easier by proximity, and really don't understand what being roommates has to do with it. Wharglblargl.
Having a guy for a roommate for my college years robs me of personal experience and leaves me with the same question.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Because i like him a lot, and while attracted to me, he has no plans to enter a relationship in college.

Which means I wouldn't be the only one. And since we are such good friends and I would get jealous if we went ahead with the sheet pounding and then he went off to someone else... he doesn't wanna make me feel bad... well, any worse than not being able to have him.

Lurker
Reputation score

Because i like him a lot, and while attracted to me, he has no plans to enter a relationship in college.
So then the roommate thing is of no importance at all, it's just a general moratorium on sheetpounding?

Which means I wouldn't be the only one.
I'd take this to mean you had no designs on having a relationship either, except if that was the case there wouldn't be a problem. So I don't understand this bit I guess.

And since we are such good friends and I would get jealous if we went ahead with the sheet pounding and then he went off to someone else... he doesn't wanna make me feel bad... well, any worse than not being able to have him.
Listen here you: He does not control your feelings. You are in control of you and he is in control of him. If his reason for not dating you is not wanting to hurt you either he is predicting your actions or assuming your reactions or both. If either of the latter are the case you need to figure out how he's figured this out, figure out if he's right, and act appropriately. And if a relationship is what you really want, really and truly, you shouldn't let fear of being hurt stop you. Most people have been hurt before and will likely be hurt again, but you will regret more what you did not do than what you did.

Remember kids: Advice is free. You get what you pay for, so follow at your discretion.

Momiji

Lurker
Reputation score

So then the roommate thing is of no importance at all, it's just a general moratorium on sheetpounding?

I'd take this to mean you had no designs on having a relationship either, except if that was the case there wouldn't be a problem. So I don't understand this bit I guess.

Listen here you: He does not control your feelings. You are in control of you and he is in control of him. If his reason for not dating you is not wanting to hurt you either he is predicting your actions or assuming your reactions or both. If either of the latter are the case you need to figure out how he's figured this out, figure out if he's right, and act appropriately. And if a relationship is what you really want, really and truly, you shouldn't let fear of being hurt stop you. Most people have been hurt before and will likely be hurt again, but you will regret more what you did not do than what you did.

Remember kids: Advice is free. You get what you pay for, so follow at your discretion.
That should go at the end of every single post you ever make ever.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

The thing is... i don't want a relationship... but I'm already jealous when other people snuggle with him. >.>;;

I would get hurt because it wouldn't be an exclusive deal with someone I like. Besides, at this stage I'm still not sure whether I really would like to date him, or if I'm still rebounding.

I'd rather not take the chance, there's still plenty of people I have my eye on. For now I'm just watching and waiting.

And he's not going to have sex with a roommate. He said it landed him in hot water before and he'd like to not relive the experience.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

sometimes its worth risking a friendship to see if you can get a real connection between people. This doesn't sound like one of those times.

Then again you could always wait till he comes home drunk, sleep with him then, and never ever mention it again, just to screw with him (no pun intended). But thats me and i don't treat my friends particularly delicately.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

sometimes its worth risking a friendship to see if you can get a real connection between people. This doesn't sound like one of those times.

Then again you could always wait till he comes home drunk, sleep with him then, and never ever mention it again, just to screw with him (no pun intended). But thats me and i don't treat my friends particularly delicately.
xD That's funny, because he's even joked about that.

He keeps holding himself back around me, nobility makes me want to hurl sometimes xP

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Yes, even girls can get friend-zone'd.

Maryland. Same coast as you, but definitely a bit of a hike >.<

Look. He's saying he doesn't want to screw up the friendship you two have, and you're not sure whether or not you're rebounding. I'd say, at the very least, figure out your own feelings first. If you sort yourself out, and find yourself still attracted to him, THEN you should press him; I know, I know, you're tired of being the aggressor - however, from what you're telling us, something happened that got to him good that has caused him to not want a relationship yet. So either you're going to have to wait - all the while dropping as many hints and clues as you can - or you'll have to be the aggressor.