What's new

Yumina the Ethereal

Grandork

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Hey guys, so, I created this topic to already start the Hype on Yumina the Ethereal, a game developed by Eternal and that by late July will be published by JAST Densetsu (ENGLISH).

The rating of the game is 8.4, comes with a, what seems, really cool gameplay and the story seems to be nice also.

What ya guys think?

-Edit-

So, I will use my first post to tell you guys how to get all the CG from the Academy, since the rest of them will come naturally.

The reason most of you miss the CG is because you didn't use the Skill you gained from the Event on the boss.

Chapter 1: This is by far the easiest, since you didn't have many skills to start with and the skill you gained was an OP stat boost for level 2, use used it and got the CG. Just keep going to all meetings and the Librarian event, you will eventually get the buff after the event at the GYM.

Chapter 2: This is by far the hardest, since there are a LOT of events you have to do and, even doing it right, you will still only get it by Day 9. There are 2 key events that you have to do in order to get all the Sis/Bro events, one is talking to Yumina in the Library and the second is talking to Ai in the Club, do this after you have done all the Sis/Bro events that were there. The Yumina event will unlock an event in the Dorm and the Ai will unlock a "?" event at the gym. You will eventually get a skill called Sister Strike, use this on the boss and you will get the CG.

Chapter 3: Easy chapter, just keep on talking with the Mikos and going to the meetings, eventually you will gain the skill, use it on the boss (does not need to be used twice) and you will get the CG.

Chapter 4: This is a tricky one, it's easy, but you have to choose the right choice. Talk to the Blond girl on every chance you get, keep going to all meetings, eventually you will figure out her weakness, when you tell her it, she will beg you to keep it a secret, answer that YOU CAN'T PROMISE THAT, after that there will be a last meeting where you will gain the skill, use it on the boss and unlock the CG.

Chapter 5~8 These are chapter related to each path, the path is chosen by who you talk to on the holidays, I don't think you can actually miss CG here, since there is a LOT of free time.

The game has 3 difficulties, Normal/Hard/Super Hard, you need to be on a certain difficulty in order to unlock more of the Training events. I don't think you can miss CG here also, just keep on doing the main missions and you will eventually get them all.

Last, but not least, there is a special play that happens once you get all the medals (from the 3 paths and the full Training missions).

Well, that's about it, good luck with the game guys! :D

Last edited:

JonathanCS

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Re: Yumina the Ethereal

seems interesting, good characters design and it is a dungeon crawler. will keep an eye on it.

OP
G

Grandork

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Guess no hype for it =(

Oh well, once the game is released I will post a DL link, that should make this topic get quite hot :D

ShinVeritas

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I'm super excited for it. Eien no Aselia ftw. At this point though, it's just patience and waiting. I hope Seinarukana is TL'd within the year too. qq

lazydude

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm super excited for it. Eien no Aselia ftw. At this point though, it's just patience and waiting. I hope Seinarukana is TL'd within the year too. qq
What He Said!!

I been waiting for this since JAST announced that it would be translated :D

Saki

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Ah I remember this. This was pretty popular when it came out. It felt like a fighter/dungeon crawler.

ichigo

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

for anyone that is interested there is an update on this games main site look's like it will be out this month on the 30th looking forward to that day especially since it's the same group that made Eien no Aselia The Spirit of Eternity Sword also there seems to be a demo for it through there site as well.

Last edited:

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

download or hard copy? i like to buy only hardcopys since i light to display my cases on my book shelf lol.

ichigo

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

download or hard copy? i like to buy only hardcopys since i light to display my cases on my book shelf lol.
i am pretty sure you can get a hard copy if you buy it through jlist or jast my advice to you if you want a hard copy is buy it from jast i think ya can pay 5$ more on jast to get a downloaded copy plus a hard copy shipped to you jlist can do same but i think ya have to go through support and stuff not sure exactly about the details on that though.

OP
G

Grandork

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Hard copy can be bought today! Download version will be out tomorrow :D

Finfin

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Seems like a typical "one guy and his fantasy harem" game, which is not my kind of game. Doesn't seem to be a strictly story-driven one, like say a Type-Moon game, and it doesn't seem to fit any of my sexual fetishes at all either.

Oh well, we'll see what's the verdict on its plot and story-telling; I've been surprised before but can't say I have my hopes up.

ShinVeritas

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

This game. It comes out tomorrow.
Omigawd omigawd omigawd omigawd omigawd omigawdomigawdomigawd.

*Deep breath*

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE (excited fanboy screaming). Ahem. Move along gentlemen; nothing to see here.

But seriously, I am so hyped right now I probably won't sleep tonight.

Bandi

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I am looking forward to obtaining this quite a bit! :)

sanahtlig

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

For those interested, I created an info thread about the game on the Mangagamer forums.

It has links to various resources as well as considerable discussion about the game.

I also wrote a blog post about the game on Visual Novel Aer, with some added commentary about the marketing.

In short, this is the best H-RPG to ever be officially released in English. Show your support if you want to see more games like this!

Edit: I'm not allowed to post links, so you'll have to browse to these yourself! A web search for "Yumina the Ethereal" and either "Mangagamer" or "Visual Novel Aer" should do the trick.

OP
G

Grandork

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

For those interested, I created an info thread about the game on the Mangagamer forums.

It has links to various resources as well as considerable discussion about the game.

I also wrote a blog post about the game on Visual Novel Aer, with some added commentary about the marketing.

In short, this is the best H-RPG to ever be officially released in English. Show your support if you want to see more games like this!

Edit: I'm not allowed to post links, so you'll have to browse to these yourself! A web search for "Yumina the Ethereal" and either "Mangagamer" or "Visual Novel Aer" should do the trick.
Is it better than Kamidore?

sanahtlig

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I've only played the Yumina trial. Kamidori Alchemy Meister is one of Eushully's premier titles. The gameplay is excellent but the story is pretty weak. From what I've played so far, the dialogue in Yumina is superior. I can't comment as much on the gameplay since the trial didn't have much gameplay.

If you want pure scores however, Kamidori Alchemy Meister is higher rated by Erogamescape (84 vs. Yumina's 79). Erogamescape (a site that aggregates user ratings for Japanese eroge and visual novels) is the only reliable rating resource for the game at the moment; only the very best titles typically get scores near 80. Kamidori Alchemy Meister was not officially released, however, and buying it in Japanese will not encourage further English releases / translations. Ironically, if you want to see more Eushully games, buying Yumina the Ethereal is probably the best way to make that happen. If it does well, JAST might be able to grab the attention of Eushully--and Kamidori Alchemy Meister isn't even their best game. The fan translator that worked on Kamidori Alchemy Meister (Aroduc) is actually in the midst of translating two other quality gameplay titles for JAST as we speak: Seinarukana (sequel to Aselia the Eternal) and Little Witch Romanesque (a wizard raising simulator).

Last edited:
OP
G

Grandork

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

One thing that I did not ask is if the Hentai in this game will remain? Because the other Eternal game had it's Hentai cut out because of Loli, and this one seems to have Loli also, or at least VNDB says so.

sanahtlig

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

The game has ero, yes. Nothing has been cut. The loli factor in this game is much milder than in Aselia the Eternal; Aselia the Eternal also had rape themes that made it more problematic to release "uncut". In fact the English release of Yumina the Ethereal has a few improvements over the Japanese release, such as demosaiced HCG, higher drop rates on quest items, and greater variety in level designs for the randomly generated dungeon levels.

Last edited:

yurakair

Reputation score

thanks for the link, but can you divide it in several parts?.