What's new

RPG Patreon Active Unknown/Hiatus RPG Maker [SHOEGAZER] Dungeons and Prisoners (RJ113419)

reddo

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Re: RJ113419 - Dungeons and Prisoners

It doesn´t look like this when I open the options . . . =.=
Do note that the options menu scrolls, meaning that as you go down, it moves and shows more options.

You'll not see language at first, but you just keep going down until you do.

El Fuerte

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Do note that the options menu scrolls, meaning that as you go down, it moves and shows more options.

You'll not see language at first, but you just keep going down until you do.
Already Did before . . . :(

Apathy

Lurker
Reputation score

ähh . . . I dunno if this is valuable . . . but I got it from DL Side: RJ113419_ana_trial

= I
Hey look, there is your problem. Get a link to the file from Ill's blog.

The game files are hosted on MEGA, which are linked from the top post. - That is, go to Ill's blog by clicking on the link I have provided. The top post will have a clickable text link "Download from MEGA" that you need to click with your mouse. This will take you to mega.nz to download the file. If you do not have an account set up or whatever, click on the "download through browser" button. I am assuming at this point you know what to do with the file you have just downloaded.

e: There is one patch, also linked in the top post. It is hosted on his google drive. You just put the patch file in the folder named "Patch." Not a .zip or a .rar or a .7zp. Only the *.rvdata file.

Last edited:

El Fuerte

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Hey look, there is your problem. Get a link to the file from Ill's blog.

The game files are hosted on MEGA, which are linked from the top post. - That is, go to Ill's blog by clicking on the link I have provided. The top post will have a clickable text link "Download from MEGA" that you need to click with your mouse. This will take you to mega.nz to download the file. If you do not have an account set up or whatever, click on the "download through browser" button. I am assuming at this point you know what to do with the file you have just downloaded.

e: There is one patch, also linked in the top post. It is hosted on his google drive. You just put the patch file in the folder named "Patch." Not a .zip or a .rar or a .7zp. Only the *.rvdata file.

Thanks a million! ^.^

So DL Side isn´t as far as the creators side? = o

Did the Game went a little farther in Story Stuff? Or just after the Ship it ends???

Because I really wanna see that Thief/Merchandise Girl in an "Situation" :p

SirMalo

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Did the Game went a little farther in Story Stuff? Or just after the Ship it ends???
It still ends after the ship scene. All you can do after that is porting back in previous areas or challenge the endless dungeon.

Some bad tongues say that's all we will get cuz Ill isn't doing that fine with his....problem things.

rllog

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: RJ113419 - Dungeons and Prisoners (Still only the same demo, no update yet)

So, uh, there are almost 6000 replies for this thread, and the game has seen no updates whatsoever since the very early demo?

Makes me wonder what is being discussed here. But not enough to actually read the whole thing.

kittenmittens

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So, uh, there are almost 6000 replies for this thread, and the game has seen no updates whatsoever since the very early demo?

Makes me wonder what is being discussed here. But not enough to actually read the whole thing.
The demo was being updated somewhat regularly for a while, and then there were discussions about the creator's illness and future of the game, and later mods for the demo. Lately it's mostly just been the thread being necro'd by someone asking if it's finished yet and then a page or two of 'man it's a shame this thing will probably never come out,' rinse and repeat.

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Huh wow. Its 2017 now. I keep on forgetting this game was in production until I see this thread getting bumped again.

I'm pretty sure this game will never be released. lol

Makes me sad because I wanted to have my way with the elf i saw in the demo.

Apathy

Lurker
Reputation score

This thread has like the 3rd or 4th most views and 2nd or 3rd most posts out of all the threads in the games section. Ill hasn't released much but what he has done is apparently enough to get us worked up. I wish there were more games like this; the rogue-like gameplay mixed with actual sex content is a nice blend.

Arde645

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I've gotten the mod to work, that part isnt that hard, but like, how the hell does this game even work?! There's a vx folder inside the data folder and all the games Items are in VX but the game itself is in vx ace? Da fuq? How do you add items to shops or even know what does what?
:)Arde's Modding Process for DnP:)
Step 1: Look over ILL's code.

Step 2: Scratch head because I can't read moon runes.

Step 3: Input new code and hope for the best.

Step 4: Test the mod, editing the whole time because it is apparently possible to mod without closing the game.

Step 5: Profit off others hard work.:cool:

Last edited:

saviliana

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Step 4: Test the mod, editing the whole time because it is apparently possible to mod without closing the game.

I can't even open ill's code in VXA...... Is there anything I suppose have to download before opening the project?

ments

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

like obviously disscusion is about ill's game, if you don't want to engage this disscusion, don't.
what i didn't get is your comment's point.

Arde645

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I can't even open ill's code in VXA...... Is there anything I suppose have to download before opening the project?
Use the project file generated by the decrypter.

I didn't download anything else.

saviliana

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Use the project file generated by the decrypter.

I didn't download anything else.
Weird, when I open the file VXA just told me to download some sort of plugins to read scriptings......

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

You need to remember that this isn't a beta that gets constant updates, it's literally a demo. Not representative of the full-game, or even the progress Ill has made.

Arde645

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Honestly, the only people (me being one of them) that keep coming back are those that really, truly enjoyed the demo and the things it offered.

The current state of development honestly saddens me, because we were so close. The release was RIGHT there, and then sickness and other inconveniences hit and development ground to a halt as the momentum just... gave out.

Yuan-Tiki

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

The release was RIGHT there, and then sickness and other inconveniences hit and development ground to a halt as the momentum just... gave out.
In my opinion, it's the loss of momentum that provided the fatal blow to the project. You can work around illnesses given time, but even a healthy person would struggle to finish a project once a certain amount of momentum has been lost.

rllog

Demon Girl
Reputation score

like obviously disscusion is about ill's game, if you don't want to engage this disscusion, don't.
what i didn't get is your comment's point.
There was no point to my comment, it was an honest question. There is not that much content to be discussed about, so the number of views and replies is really baffling - hence trying to understand what's happening. Perhaps I missed something and could be filled in, but I guess it's not the case.

Yuan-Tiki

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

There was no point to my comment, it was an honest question. There is not that much content to be discussed about, so the number of views and replies is really baffling - hence trying to understand what's happening. Perhaps I missed something and could be filled in, but I guess it's not the case.
It's pretty much just the case that the demo at one point had so much promise and was of such a high quality that it created some pretty significant hype. It also provided a surprisingly large amount of gameplay content in latter builds.

So you've basically got two types of people who are likely to keep checking out the thread over the long term even with the release looking unlikely at this point; Folks who were caught up in the height of the hype and folks who got a full-game worth of enjoyment out of a free demo. There's plenty of overlap there, mind you.

That's where all those views come from. Those two types of people popping their head in just in case there's an update on a regular basis. The thread itself was immense even before progress actually slowed, to be fair.

Garzhad

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

lol. I eventually figured out how to add crap to shops, still no idea how youd go about editing spells like giving buffs infinite duration and the like since the changes to the VX side dont seem to apply.

Welp, no, seems like he keeps all the applicable stats for spells and stuff in the notes section of the skills; I guess he uses some vx ace script to pull the notes info from the vx data and apply it to spells.

It's weird because changes to Armor and stuff work fine(like i've altered the scalemail to match elven plate and stuff so that I can wear something with the stats of elven plate that actually shows in game because I have no idea why some items have graphics and others dont or how to change things) but the spells just say go fuq yourself apparently.

Edit: Well apparently all the info for the spells is stored in the notes section of the skills in the VX portion of the game. Casting time, duration, strength ect.

However, for some reason all spells of level 5 and up stay greyed out even though im level 20 and I have no idea why.

Edit: Nvm, im a tard. Your willpower determines the max spell level you can cast so yeah make sure to put all your points in Will

Last edited: