What's new

[WIP - Full] Princess Sacrifice - Eng Translation (WIP)

MasterQ2

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: Princess Sacrifice - Eng Translation (WIP)

Thank you for your hard work, dudes!
But I have a little bug to submit to you. Right after the start, when you descend into the cave below the statue, you encounter a flock of bats...and then BAM! A motherfucking giant squid comes out of nowhere (still named "flock of bats", though) who proceed to rape me (literally) with 20hp and so on. I don't know if your translation messed up or it was a problem of my version of the game.
Anyway, I laughed more than I should have, so I'll play it nonetheless.
10/10 so far :cool:

OP
Memory

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score

But I have a little bug to submit to you. Right after the start, when you descend into the cave below the statue, you encounter a flock of bats...and then BAM! A motherfucking giant squid comes out of nowhere (still named "flock of bats", though) who proceed to rape me (literally) with 20hp and so on. I don't know if your translation messed up or it was a problem of my version of the game.
Ah, that's to be expected. It's due to conflicting strings.
We'll need to clean this up eventually (because we have TWO builds with their own content), but it's a little difficult due to busy schedules.

Crispin

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Well hey, at least it didn't crash. :p

OP
Memory

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Well hey, at least it didn't crash. :p
True, it won't, BUT it will have unforseen circumstances that will butcher the gameplay.

EDIT: Ahhh shit. This also means Mariel's string will be butchered as well. D: Cannot imagine what she will end up looking in battle...

Last edited:

MasterQ2

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

No problem for me. I'll wait until you'll have a more safe release ;)

EDIT: I said that just to warn you about this bug.

rizo

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I have a request from a fellow perv.
Can you work on translating the sleeping shopkeeper rape scene in the town where you can dance. :p would love to see that in English lol
Either way, played a bit more and it's nice.
Keep up the great work you're all doing, we appreciate it!

Also it didn't crash once which was nice :)

Kynshin

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Besides the bug where all the monsters in the first dungeons are squids, another thing i noticed with this latest patch is that i can no longer trigger the feena/mariel scene with the orcs. The game doesnt seem to recognize that shes with you.

OP
Memory

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Hmm.....how should I tackle this, I wonder...?
As of this writing, there are effectively TWO builds on the project, each differing in content. The build most on this board are familiar with has English translation scattered throughout various parts of the game: Skill usage, enemy names, combat dialogue, stats, mostly stuff unrelated to the story. (Also some H-events) And before anyone says anything, no, the in-game stats when you receive points after something significant were NOT already in English. They never were when this project was restarted. :<
The other build by user Requestee focuses on the plot and HO BOY there is a LOT of delicious plot in English. :D

The problem we have here is compatibility. The first build has the majority of Strings translated, which allows the player to see skills and names in English. (In dialogue and combat, not the nameplate) The other build's Strings are still, I think, in Japanese. We would have to carefully bring over content from the first build into the other build. Of course, this will involve a LOT of combing, but it can be done.

My...goodness, this is a right pain... :<

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Honestly, it sounds like most of it could be solved by a handful of well-placed Regex replaces (and maybe some programmatic merging as well, depending on how complex the files are). You know the substitutions that need to be made in order to bring the plot translation strings to the skill translated strings, so regex's should be the tool to identify what needs to be replaced, and depending on how comfortable you are with them, even doing the replacements as well.

If there are data files available I can have a quick look at them and see if I can cook something up quickly, but the emphasis will be on "quickly" because I don't have much free time at the moment. Just point me at some data files and I'll see what I can do. But in principle at least, I don't see why this is a difficult problem with the right coding (although almost certainly a pain if you're doing it by hand).

Crispin

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Sent you the Drive link. I'm afraid I don't know which files exactly you need to look at, though, but hopefully that info is somewhere in there.

OP
Memory

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Things are a little quiet over in Google Drive, so I'll bring the question over to here.

I’m currently going through some stuff regarding the Fairy Hills file and came across this line. Requestee used ‘cake’, but the JP is ‘栗まんじゅう’, a ‘chestnut steamed dumpling’. You can’t really call that a cake. (Unless we don’t have a better alternative.)

Need to capture that medieval-setting, without the forced Japanese culture.

Last edited:

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well, I'll probably take a look at the files tomorrow and see if it's amenable to some kind of automation. As to Chestnut Manju (栗まんじゅう), I'd have no problem localising that to some form of cake, as they are normally sweet. If you want to go for a medieval localisation, then I'd go for either oatcake or gingerbread.

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

OK, I've had a quick look. Verdict: the problem should be automatable, based on the structure of the files. However, I can't do it at the moment because I have no idea what needs to be merged into what. Could someone tell me which files are which?

Specifically, I need to know a) which files are Requestee's translation and b) which files are the old translation which have the strings that I need to port into Requestee's version.

And seriously guys - are you editing raw XML for this translation? If you are you're really making it harder than it should be on yourselves. If there's any interest I can see about cooking up a quick tool which converts things into a more human friendly format.

thisguythatguy

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

And seriously guys - are you editing raw XML for this translation? If you are you're really making it harder than it should be on yourselves. If there's any interest I can see about cooking up a quick tool which converts things into a more human friendly format.
THAT IS THE ONE THING THATS BEEN PUTTING ME OFF FOR SO LONG!
I have a whole file that Im going through that is pulling out all the japanese, but I have yet to translate it cause by the time I finish pulling it all out I'm like
FRIG IM DONE!

Also I did update on the drive cause I have been busy, but Im still working on Wellston and its a HUGE city. Im scared to even look at the Holy City File

Melp

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

How is the translation doing?
where I can see the progress of this translation?

Crispin

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I'm afraid it's stalled. There seems to have been no activity this month.

Sayathing11

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Hoping they're just being a batman about it though :(

butts, we must accept thy fate if ever.

OP
Memory

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Really...? I disappear after leaving this in the hands of eager (and more capable) users and everyone practically vanished??? The fawk?!?!?

After coming back from my holiday, I'm stepping back in JUST to bring everything up-to-date. I have a reasonable approach for this. (Also got better at Notepad++, so I can use it with ease now. :D )

And here I thought I could run away from this kickass game........
......and its files......
....but no, seems that's not gonna happen. If ever. :<
Fawk.