What's new

Frequently Asked Questions and Problems (Tech Questions Go Here!)

satoshi1

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: Frequently Asked Questions and Problems (Tech Questions Go Here!)

Are we allowed to use this thread to also ask for help when it comes to finding a specific game?

Like for instance, shop management, survival, zombie survival, and etc.

Hoboy

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Are we allowed to use this thread to also ask for help when it comes to finding a specific game?

Like for instance, shop management, survival, zombie survival, and etc.
I believe a better place would be the Hentai Finder thread

dienow

Reputation score

Is anyone else having trouble using foreign cards on dlsite? My bank has unblocked Japan (they automatically block Japan now, due to what they call "high fraud risk"), but dlsite fails when attempting to charge my debit card for my bank, even though it's backed by MasterCard.

Any suggestions on how to contact dlsite and find out what the problem is?

I've used my bank and card to buy from them before. My stupid retarded bank flagged my attempted transaction as fraud, and it didn't go through, and ever since then, dlsite can't seem to finish the transaction.

EDIT:

English version is doing it too. Getting a new card. Woe is me.

Last edited:

namel12

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Is there a way to in-game machine translate? Or would you have to use that rpg maker trans tool, then put it through a translator service?

Femdom_Lover

Reputation score

I got a game called "ドット劇場 タヌシルベ クエストv1.0.4" or "Tanuki Silveria's Quest", and got both japanese and english version but both has the same problem. I couldn't start them up. The program appears but immediately crashes after showing a black screen in less than a half second. I've got compatibility changes on the program itself and my locale to japanese... but it's still stayed the same. Please help :'[

Yugifan3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I got this game with multiplie swf files, how is best way to play it?
Tried to using Internet Explorer, but didn't seem to work.
Also used Chrome and Firefox, no dice. There a program I can use?

KuraScropia

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I got this game with multiplie swf files, how is best way to play it?
Tried to using Internet Explorer, but didn't seem to work.
Also used Chrome and Firefox, no dice. There a program I can use?
Usually when you get a game with multiple swf files, there should be an html (usually named "start") to open up a comprehensive page (using no Internet) within your default browser.

Though, since you probably looked for that, I can send you a link of the newest standalone flash player.

-Just ctrl + F and search standalone and download accordingly

Yugifan3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Usually when you get a game with multiple swf files, there should be an html (usually named "start") to open up a comprehensive page (using no Internet) within your default browser.

Though, since you probably looked for that, I can send you a link of the newest standalone flash player.

-Just ctrl + F and search standalone and download accordingly
Yeah, there was one which i checked, but soon it tries to start next one it won't. Anyway, ill check your link out, thank you.

avon

Reputation score

Hey

I'm trying to play "(VN) Kangoku Senkan 2 (Prison Battleship 2)", or really any VN game from Lilith and everything seems to be working, except for the anime mode. It's black. I can see the UI on the bottom with the text and hear the sound, but not the animation.

I tried installing anything what could help, but nothing helped. Administrator rights or compatibility mode don't help either. I guess there's something wrong with missing libraries or something, I don't know.

Running everything on Windows 10, 64-Bit. I'd really appreciate if any of you have a piece of advice since Google didn't come up with any answers.

// Solution found:

Windows Media Feature Pack must be installed on Windows 8/10 KN/N

Last edited:

Tabris666

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Greetings everyone, I have this flash game named succubus shelly or something like that, the problem is that once I start the game the audio always is way ahead of the actual events, someone knows how to fix it?
Flash audio being ahead of current events on certain games is normal on underpowered pcs if your pc has a cpu (doesnt matter how many cores) betwen 1 to 1.8 ghz the audio will always run faster then the cg or animation events you need a pc from 2.0 ghz and up to get the audio running on par with the events there is no fix because is flash:p

zipetya

Reputation score

Flash audio being ahead of current events on certain games is normal on underpowered pcs if your pc has a cpu (doesnt matter how many cores) betwen 1 to 1.8 ghz the audio will always run faster then the cg or animation events you need a pc from 2.0 ghz and up to get the audio running on par with the events there is no fix because is flash:p
Is that so? Hmm, nice to know. Does this mean that cool'n'quiet and other features may sometimes for whatever reasons, hinder flash game playability?

I myself also have problems with the audio in Sherry 2. Instead of being 'way' ahead of the video frames I get jarred sound/music sometimes - and maybe a couple milliseconds of lag. Odd thing, though, Sherry 1 seems to work just fine.
Supposedly my CPU doesn't dial back under 2GHz -just barely, though- according to the resources-manager (ran during Sherry 2). Though I have to wonder.

On the other hand. @OZ games tend to end up with a noticable delay between audio and video, for the most part. Could they also be considered flash-based? And would the problem be the same, then?
Interesting.

dpaidmdpy

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Whenever I extract the rpg2000rtp. It gives me an error at 44% about a sound file being improperly named. The other rtps worked properly so I'm not sure whats not working with this one

Bryanis

Reputation score

Whenever I extract the rpg2000rtp. It gives me an error at 44% about a sound file being improperly named. The other rtps worked properly so I'm not sure whats not working with this one
Doing it while using japanese local setting ?
That could be the reason.
If already doing it, try to re download it in japanese local setting. The rtp might have been damage during the download (rare but it happen).

DaBouncer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I've a tech question, I don't think this is the best place to ask, but I've no clue where else to go.

I'm after a tool that can inject into an RPG Maker game that I've got running, and have it tell me what rvdata2 files the game is accessing/using as I play. Is there any such program out there that can do this?

Sarav

Reputation score

I've a tech question, I don't think this is the best place to ask, but I've no clue where else to go.

I'm after a tool that can inject into an RPG Maker game that I've got running, and have it tell me what rvdata2 files the game is accessing/using as I play. Is there any such program out there that can do this?
Never heard of anything like that, if it existed, translators would be all over it.

BackArcher

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

So, the deal is when I try to run J-demanding game I have to use Locale emulator (one with LEGUI) but can't hook VNR or I don't use LEGUI and can't run an game at all.
Win10, what do?

i3oi3o

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Need advice figure out H code for this game : http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=29499

This is where I find instruction address which copy Japanese text to memory.

The highlight instruction on the right will copy Japanese text to show on screen.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT:
OK I give up finding the h-code for agth or ith.

So, I use alternative by hooking to memory directly.

You need following software.
- CheatEngine ->
- Hook Any Text ->
- [Optional] Translation Aggregator ->

First, see tutorial how to use Hook Any Text ->

Don't worry about how to find text's memory address.
Download attach .zip file. zip contain CheatEngine file which has text address.

After you attach cheat engine to game, load my cheat engine file.

For each entry in my cheat engine file (FYI, This cheat engine file is supposed for this game: http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=29499 )
- &Text contain address to text address. Ignore this.
- *(&Text) is where the start memory of text is. You can browse memory here and feed to Hook Any Text.
- I provide many text address because it possible that the text appear in different address. After you play game and text showing, the value should change.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT
if you want to use this method for other game,
- Use this to help convert text to hex code ->
- After you find the memory region, very rightly is not static address and change every time you re-open the game. So, you need to find the pointer address. Watch this how to find pointer using CheatEngine ->

Attachments

Last edited:

devvah

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Half year passed since Win10 anniversary update which destroyed my ability to play WolfRPG games, did any one found solution to engine not rendering fonts at all (excepting title in windows which seems to work fine)? Or do you have some emulation software that might help? Even gibberish is better than no text at all.