What's new

RPG RPG Maker [ yaminabedaiichikantai ] [ 闇鍋第一艦隊] Agent Karen ~Undercover Investigation of an Evil Organization~ / エージェントカレン ~闇組織潜入捜査~ RE201549 RJ201549

Rayearth

Lurker
Reputation score

DLSite ENG:

DLSite JP:

Developer:

Screenshots:

Here's a rogue-like RPG that bears a lot of similarities to Crisis Cell: grid movement, time limit per floor, "armor" damage and so on. It seems like this developer has a nack for using game mechanics introduced by others - for example, see how drew inspiration from . The artist for this game seems to be the same one that worked on .
  • Running out of time on a floor results in a button mashing minigame instead of an immediate game over.
  • Combat is simple - no notion of range, main weapon ammo, weakpoints and so on, unlike in Crisis Cell. You either attack with your gun or reduce the enemy's armor with your knife.
  • No "camp" to retreat to during or in between levels. Thankfully, you can pick up items that restore 30 HP or armor each. You can carry up to 9 of each item type. Also using the HP or armor item outside of combat doesn't use a point of time (what's the point of picking single-digit HP/armor heal instead of an item, I wonder?)
  • Other items consist of a high-damage grenade and a decoy flag thing that lets you escape combat automatically.
  • Upgrades consist of adding +1 damage to your gun or knife after defeating every two or three enemies, or after collecting 20 items past your limit of 9.

Last edited by a moderator:

NeerHeer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: [RJ201549] Agent Karen ~Undercover Investigation of an Evil Organization~

Definitely one to watch!

nrevolve

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Played until third area, man the arts is cool, but I should say the battle is boring after several times.

Some tips:

- always stock your grenade, dont let it max (i.e. 9) but use it always, the bosses and the 2nd and 3rd generic enemy is harder the 1st one, the grenade will always deal 40 DMG regardless your enemy armor, making it good for boss, for the generic enemy use one grenade and hit the rest with your gun/knife

- always pick item (the get word indicates item), using item grants better recovery compared heal at place.

- keep your time above 30, this b/c the battling also consumes time

- flag should be the last item you maxed, if you could pick the maxed flag if your hp/ap is rather high or your other item is above 7, this to get the 20/20 stat for leveling

I don't know whether leveling ATK (gun) or POW (knife) is better, b/c ATK has higher chance to finish enemy combined with grenade, while knife lowers the enemy armor and cause damage at the same time, it also consumes too much time IMO.

I would post the save if I finish it, see ya.

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Interesting mechanism, but way to long.

You have to empty each map or you'll be short on damage power for the boss.
About 35 maps and 3 boss.

gun it damage to life, but is reduced by the armor, knife is damage to armor, so you need to up both to reduce armor than spam gun.

Grenade do the same amount of damage regardless of the armor, even to end game boss. So only useful at the beginning.

Just grab everything to have bonus choice for every 20 items grabbed when inv full.
Recovery item gave 30 points whereas square bonus are from 2 to 9... so useless.
Extra time isn't taken over to next map so no need to keep too much extra time.

Each map has 2 special spot giving the loc of the stair or the trap.
Trap either poison you life or armor (-1 per round), or reduce your gun or knife attack power for a number of round (debuff disappear when changing map at worst).

So grab 9 of everything, keep upgrading your power and do map after map.
Rushing through the game took about 2h... of doing the same thing over and over again...

So to save you the trouble, here my full save.

Attachments

nrevolve

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I just finished the game, yeah kinda grindy, after finishing it IMO the best way is to evade mobs using flag, and keep getting item (heart/armor/grenades), no need to finish the mobs.

As for the final boss, I just kept using grenades and flag, hit using grenades until your health is low and use flag to escape, save and move around to get items, until face the boss again, load if you lose, rinse and repeat.

I guess I didn't need to upload my save since there save uploaded already.

yariel

Tentacle God
Reputation score

hmm, too simple perhaps ...
I'd still prefer Evening Starter for horror RPG game ...
(it's dungeon crawling type from old megaten series)

ddavid112

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

It could be spiced up a bit by sexual traps and attacks, and if I am not wrong the only scenes are game over rape scenes. The heroine looks good though.

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

It could be spiced up a bit by sexual traps and attacks, and if I am not wrong the only scenes are game over rape scenes. The heroine looks good though.
Yes, all scene are GoR.
You unlock all when you finish the game however.

Feckless

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

This definitely seems like it could have been a really cool idea for a game at one point, but they ran out of time or something. The armor/health thing reminds me of Banner Saga but since damage is not scaled off current health it's kinda just a needless complication.