Ruffleneck

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Public builds:
Patreon build:

Feedback/Bug form:
Sneaking miniguide:

Patreon page:

Hunt and Snare is a Furry Third Person Shooter with a strong focus on sexual themes and character interaction. Travel between islands on a ship with your trusted ship crew, hunt rare species with a tranquilizer rifle or capture with bare paws,and sell to the highest bidder after rigorous sampling of the prey. Will your crew grow to love you as an equal ship commander, or will they idolize you as a renowned hunter?

* Hunt for rare and unique species of all genders and races: Using your trusty tranquilizer long rifle (Coming very soon!), or go feral and capture with your bare paws!
* Fully customize your character: Select from general body shape, including species, breasts, genitalia, and tail, down to the color and pattern of your skin and pupil style.
* Sexplore a juicy selection of fetishes and gender combinations: From M/F, M/M, F/F, Futa/M, Futa/F, to * Futa/Futa all covered with Classic, Anal, Blowjob, Pawjob, Pawing, Submissive/Domination, Toys, Solo, and Milking (your ship needs natural fuel, doesn’t it?).
* Fully filterable acts and prey: Customize your selection by enabling or disabling any type of act in the game as well as disabling specific types of prey.
* Showroom: Select from a large selection of various positions you have discovered or play out full acts in various locations and environments.

Features Under Development
* World of Skir: Discover and hunt on Skiia, the northern island named after the sibling of the great god-dragon Skir, visit the magnificent island state of Harakeen, the jewel of Skir, explore the wild and dangerous wilds of Kizan.
* Opinion based conversation system: Gain favors by interacting with other characters frequently. Be loved, be hated, be admired, or be feared!
* Customizable tranquilizer long rifle: Personalize and upgrade your rifle to not only hunt more difficult prey, but to do it in style.
* Sailing and ship customization: Customize and decorate your own ship and sail freely with no artificial barriers or level gates, between islands in search for better hunting grounds. Unlock new rooms for your ship with money for new encounters and other features.
* Trading and inventory: Sell prey for money and then purchase new accessories, clothes, and other customization pieces, or explore, and discover unique hidden items
* More unique species: In addition to the fairly tame catkin of Faelain, the loyal dogkin of Davh, the wild and dangerous dragonkin of Kizan, and the cute and cuddly foxkin of Ful are still in development each with their own different skin styles and color combinations.

Feedback is more than welcome! ^^
~Ruff

Last edited:
OP
Ruffleneck

Ruffleneck

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Hunt and Snare, a furry hunting game

Public build:
Patreon build:

Current version: R2 v5, May 8th

Changelist:
-PATREON BUILD: Random spawning and randomly generated faelain added around Skiia (Faelain AI is currently dormant, they basically function like simple crew members so you can just ask them to follow and sex around)
-PATREON BUILD: Island of Skiia demo expanded and polished
-PATREON BUILD: Act location highlighting switched from RMB holding to automatic highlighting based on distance or looking position AND acts are now triggerable from up close
-PATREON BUILD: Actors are now “rubberbanded” together while travelling, meaning that the actor following player will run faster if they fall behind
-PATREON BUILD ONLY Skin(s): Splot
-PATREON BUILD ONLY Animations(s): Domestic, Feral
-New skin(s) added: Cheetah
-New animation(s) added: Waist It (MxM only)
-Male x Male animation support for both Public and Patreon builds
-Male x Male toggles added (requires two characters with penis)
-Fixed shader quality setter not working (fixes black or invisible bodies)
-Fixed reversed color order of some patterns
-Fixed actors rotating slowly towards the player
-General animation polish including little less static penises for MxM
-Optimized trees to increase performance (esp in Patreon build)
-Lowered sky atmosphere amount to get deeper blues
-Changed ugly patron on content badges on Showroom to simpler badges
-Added ! icons for new content

Showroom controls:
-Rotate camera with by holding left mouse button
-Scroll wheel to zoom in/out
-F1-F4 changes quality levels (same as launcher quality settings)
-ESC returns to main menu
-1,2,0 keys switch between POVs and Default camera
-You can customize colors by copy pasting HEX code to the #000000 slot below color buttons

Island controls:
-WASD to move
-Hold SHIFT to run
-Hold E to interact with characters and locations
-Press SPACE to "finish" animations (eventually it will skip stages, multiple presses required)
-ESC returns to main menu
-In Act: hold RIGHT mouse button to rotate camera
-In Act: Scroll wheel zooms in/out

Known issues:
-Hair doesn't work very well in Island's POV cameras
-Sometimes you get ejected by physics

I hope you enjoy! Critique more than welcome! :3

p.s. Sorry for late post, I wanted to wait until I could post images too ^^

Reactions: XSI

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

is there going to be cross species sex? not sure what you are. catguy? so for instance. catguy x doggirl or catguy x harpiegirl. such and such?

OP
Ruffleneck

Ruffleneck

Demon Girl
Reputation score

is there going to be cross species sex? not sure what you are. catguy? so for instance. catguy x doggirl or catguy x harpiegirl. such and such?
Yes, eventually ^^ Player is going to be canonically a male canine, but female canine will be playable option too. It's not yet decided whether or not we'll allow other species as playable too, but sexable definitely!

Edit: The current character is temporary catboy

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hmm, not a huge fan of the faces. I might check this out when the "hunting" is actually available, there are a lot of these 3d games popping up all of a sudden so hopefully it doesn't turn out to just be a glorified animation viewer like a lot I'm seeing.

Also your gifs/images will stretch the page/be slow loading for some, you might wanna shrink them a bit. Makes finding the text a chore in the main post too. Could use some spoiler tags if you don't wanna resize them.

Last edited:

Ecroose

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Yessssss, another furry game XD Nice job with the graphics, can't wait. question though, is there going to be MxM, FxF, or herm in the game?

imercenary

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I always nuked for saying negative things about these patreon projects, so I'll just say positive things.

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I always nuked for saying negative things about these patreon projects, so I'll just say positive things.
Might be that you come into those threads and say stuff like this instead of adding something constructive or interesting or even actually sharing your opinion? Didn't you do the same thing in the Breeders of Nelphjsayhuiyhf thread too?

If it's simply an issue with Patreon, I think a lot of people are weary about it. At least these guys/girls seems to be in a team and have some experience anyways. Unless people have some thin-ass skin, they usually don't mind some criticism if it isn't malicious.

Slimeria

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Just because the creator makes a post doesn't mean a game shouldn't be subjected to the same sort of comments you'd see for a typical jap h-game. Having said that, I'm not touching this one because I think the artstyle is hideous.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Will you be improving your jiggle physics?

What about collision mapping on genitalia? Standard sub-par SFM stuff isn't going to cut it anymore, lips and sphincters must be animated.

What about dicks? Do you have a different species-correct phallus for each?

Any dragons? Or scalies of any type? Insects? Oviposition?

raska42

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Lol, not at all what I expected when I saw the title. I was thinking an fps with (presumably naked) furries as the enemies. While that would have probably amused me for 5 minutes, this isn't really my thing. Good luck with your project though.

Piece of advice, you may want to describe it as something other than 'a furry hunting game', that can definitely be interpreted differently than the way you mean it.

Stuffie

TouchFluffyEars
Reputation score

Oh my, I'm learning new things about you, slicer! :D

@topic:

Looks interesting, I'll give the demo a shot and take a peek at it myself. ^^

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Just because the creator makes a post doesn't mean a game shouldn't be subjected to the same sort of comments you'd see for a typical jap h-game. Having said that, I'm not touching this one because I think the artstyle is hideous.
Yeah, the faces kinda scare me lol. I've been trying to find some 3d furry stuff I like, but it's rough, especially in a style these devs seem to be aiming for (Human/animal face instead of going for human face or full animal head). These are some I've found, I wonder if something like this is even possible in the program they use? I was wondering if it was just impossible for me to like 3d furries in this style but these are nice. They're all a bit more animeish though. I can't for the life of me find a more realistic version that doesn't terrify me.

From

Wow, those are pretty cute. Oh, think it's Second Life avatar, too bad.

mimosa211 - Custom Maid 3D 2

P.S: Had to manually block the images/gifs in this thread to avoid obnoxious loading. Welp, lemme know if he resizes them so I can unblock them.

Lol, not at all what I expected when I saw the title. I was thinking an fps with (presumably naked) furries as the enemies. While that would have probably amused me for 5 minutes, this isn't really my thing. Good luck with your project though.

Piece of advice, you may want to describe it as something other than 'a furry hunting game', that can definitely be interpreted differently than the way you mean it.
I mean...there's still the potential for that depending on the hunting mechanics.

Last edited:

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

Interesting idea, I´ll give the public build a play and see if I can give any obvious feedback. Looks pretty decent from the screenshots too

Do you have a planned features list or other document accessible for us to see what's planned?

Edit: No gameplay for the public yet it seems. I'll hold off until there's something to actually play

Last edited:

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

A lot of the questions here have already been answered on their Patreon, it's actually pretty detailed and tidy. That's one of the reasons I didn't avoid this project, lol. At least as of now, they seem to have their shit together. I would like to see some more content from them though.

Last edited:

Merrill

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Ehhh, I'll play when/if we can be humans.

OP
Ruffleneck

Ruffleneck

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Yessssss, another furry game XD Nice job with the graphics, can't wait. question though, is there going to be MxM, FxF, or herm in the game?
Yes ^^ Currently there are some MxM but we don't have enough MxM dedicated things, basically all anal and blowjob scenes are MxM too. FxF and futa are planned, but not yet covered ^^

OP
Ruffleneck

Ruffleneck

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Oh please, I want to hear the negative things too. If you're worried people will nuke you here about it, you can send them to me directly on my email at rufflenecks\a/gmail.com ^^

OP
Ruffleneck

Ruffleneck

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Will you be improving your jiggle physics?

What about collision mapping on genitalia? Standard sub-par SFM stuff isn't going to cut it anymore, lips and sphincters must be animated.

What about dicks? Do you have a different species-correct phallus for each?

We don't actually have a collision mapping for genitalia, instead we manually animate vaginas and anuses (morph meshes and vagina/anus bones). In the start I actually was thinking about making it "physical and collision based" but it's a little bit too unreliable. Can get a lot more control with classical animation setup where vagina is no different from... a finger x)

I'm planning on making species-correct penises, but the plan is to have different kind of penises on certain species. It is likely that all the "smart races" (cats, dogs, etc) will have fairly human kind penis, but beastlier races would have more species kind of penis. I mean... ...uhm, I can't stay away from horse cocks. So, yeah.

As for dragons and scalies. Yeah, planned. Lizard/drakeling kind of species definitely, but they will be humanoid kind. Dragon is on my dream list, a beastly massive dragon ^^

Insects possibly, I would like to do a beetle race (humanoid) because you could do so nice shader tricks with their skin and accessories.

Oviposition is not currently planned, but if there's demand, I'm not opposed at all :3

OP
Ruffleneck

Ruffleneck

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Care to elaborate more? I'd definitely want more critique on the art style, what works, what doesn't work, what's horrifying, what's lovely, etc, and tips for improvement of course! I know it's not a game that everyone would like, just because it's furries, but I'm certain that everyone has something worth saying that is worth hearing ^^