What's new

RPG Patreon Active RPG Maker [Sierra Lee] The Last Sovereign [Updated 3/15: 150+ ILLUSTRATED SCENES!]

Hydra5

Reputation score
Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 5/26]

I actually would like someone to upload their save as well.

The ones I have attached here are mostly complete EXCEPT for missing some Shining Swords (I have 17 out of the total 20). Both saves have all 14 people for the quest "Forging Ties".

Save 1 - researched smarter orcs so Impevlon the Third exists. Talk to Queen to complete Eustrin.

Save 10 - researched stronger orcs so Impevlon the Third does not exist. everything done and waiting for next update.

Attachments

Ndsferrari

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I found a bug:

"+1 for talking to the elf in the slums near the House of Petitions about working out magical cooperation between different spellcasters."

I can talk to this npc multiple times and get the same conversation about the cooperation between spellcasters, which I believe is giving the +1 to War Preparations every time I talk to her.

This is just after coming back from the Elven Forests and before going to Eustrin in case it's relevant.

Sznifer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I have a question about in this game is cg or only text?

Zaiaku

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I have a question about in this game is cg or only text?
Only Text. Lee wants there to be CG, but hasn't found an artist that really matches what she wants for TLS.

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Here's a save at the start of the last update, has pretty much everything and (almost) everything optimized, mainly not sure about some house of petition investments and whether to invest in the shop or the sexual fighting ring in the second house of petitions (went with the fighting ring since I wanted people to have some exposure to what it's like before shit hits the fan)

At the end up the update having invested in roads (out of the options between roads and mercenaries, felt like putting more forces on worse roads was a pretty bad idea) the army sits at 197 size and 26 quality, but you can opt for mercenaries for a slightly larger army size (I think it's something like +5)

Attachments

Ndsferrari

Reputation score

Finished my save for the next version. Keep in mind that I WANTED the 100% funds for the Slums House of Petitions. And after some exhausting tests, in order to achieve that, you NEED to do these investments (anything else will be 90% or 80% at best):

Yhilin:
Premium Steel
Yhilin Bank (with Trin)
Gift to Megail
Mine Processing (with Megail)
And also you must NOT INVEST into any mercenary companies at this point.
You will need to get extra pron from Megail
Might as well invest into Yhilini Public Works with the leftover 5k pron.

Chapter 2:
Stineford Magic Shop

Megail's Path:
Ardoheim Magic Trade
Yhilini Supplier
Aramite Supplier
Desert Bounty Office
Eustrin Supplier
Eustrin Processor
Eustrin Manufacturer
(Impossible to get the Embassy - Unpeople vote WILL pass)

Not investing in the Bridge Repair during the first round of investments complicate things a little bit during the battle of Yhilin. Should be possible to also invest in it IF you whored Qum, which I will never do on any of my saves.

That being said, you'll need Megail at 100 Affection before the Battle to mitigate some of the losses and even get some gains in some aspects.

There are two ways of doing this following this route:

1) Talk to Megail first when reuniting after Simon's route (the one I did);
2) Becoming a core lender at the Yhilin Bank (sacrifices a lot of economic score by not investing into the Ardan Bank).

During the battle of Yhilin itself I opted into choices that sacrificed my army a little bit but gave me =<0 scores in Chaos and Collateral Damage meaning I did not need to burn funds into fixing those. Not having the bridge repaired kind of sucks during the battle.

Elaborating some more on other topics now, I suppose the optimal order of researching things are:

1) Essence Shielding: gives the most immediate bonuses so you have to research this early;
2) Dari's Condition: debatable but considering I let the Unpeople vote pass I think research this as early as possible can give us some insight on how to deal with them more effectively, not to mention the bonuses to Dari's RP.
3) Orcs: This is the latest point where you can research them and still get the best possible outcome for Orcent's transformation. And the optimal one in my opinion anyway.
4) Yhilin Magic: This has to be done before the Order Exam research to make it go faster.
5) Qum's research: A huge question mark at this point but I figure it doesn't really matter to delay the trials one more research block.
6) Order Exam Trials: If you research Yhilin Magic before this you get the benefits right away and can do the Final Trial.

And Balia's Orc research:
1) Discipline HAS to be the first research if you want to be efficient. You need to invest into FANCY WALK in order to have enough acceptance during Yarra's speech at the Yhilin square in order to get one more volunteer for her quest and get all 14. And discipline lowers the cost of this investment. The amount of acceptance you have is calculated at the very start of this segment so it's pointless to try to raise it during the segment to get this volunteer.
2) Intelligence: This + the dead Ziranthian orc will put you at 10 Orc Int. enough to spawn Implevon the Third and get the +1 discipline bonus which also puts you at 10 Orc Disc.
3) Other: Evolves the orcs for the best possible outcome for Orcent's transformation (10 int, 10 disc and evolution).

Edit: One more topic, Ginasta. I had her at -14 because I did not have Aka at +100 at this point. The only way to have her at +100 at this point given the choices I made would be talking to her first during the reunion, but I opted to talk to Megail first.

Last edited:

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Finished my save for the next version. Keep in mind that I WANTED the 100% funds for the Slums House of Petitions. And after some exhausting tests, in order to achieve that, you NEED to do these investments (anything else will be 90% or 80% at best)
This isn't entirely right, the amount of money you have for the second house of petitions is based off the value of your investments, one big thing that influences it is hiring mercenaries since they require upkeep.

If you want to commit to finances, the best route is to whore Qum in Steinford for the 65k pr0n total and you can end up with both the Yhilin and the Ardan bank, as well as every other major investment (including the Eustrin Embassy so you can win every vote) The main cost is losing a lot of rp with Qum and a bunch of other things, but it balances out due to scores from the bank and having Megail at 100 before the end of the battle of Yhilin, the overall scores are slightly lower I believe but it's a while since I did the math and some variables have changed.

Changing acceptance during a chapter will actually work during that chapter, this can be observed when getting the acceptance bonus from the ambassadors evaluation and which people appear in the house of petitions as a result. It's just that most events only change acceptance after time has passed.

As a general rule you REALLY don't want to ask Megail for money especially if you just end up gifting it back to her, the penalties in the long run are just huge (probably because it's pretty nonsensical to gift someone money, then ask them for money and get the money you gifted them back while retaining the investment at no penalty). Same for not repairing the bridge, fix that immediately. You probably only got the 100% in the second house of petitions because you couldn't even afford the mercenaries, you can just opt for not buying them at all, though it's debatable if the long term cost of maxing the second house of petitions is worth the expenses, since those probably cascade onward as well.

Ndsferrari

Reputation score

This isn't entirely right, the amount of money you have for the second house of petitions is based off the value of your investments, one big thing that influences it is hiring mercenaries since they require upkeep.
This is why I said you can NOT invest in any mercenary company during the first round of investments. If you do that you lose 10% funds minimum.

If you want to commit to finances, the best route is to whore Qum in Steinford for the 65k pr0n total and you can end up with both the Yhilin and the Ardan bank, as well as every other major investment (including the Eustrin Embassy so you can win every vote) The main cost is losing a lot of rp with Qum and a bunch of other things, but it balances out due to scores from the bank and having Megail at 100 before the end of the battle of Yhilin, the overall scores are slightly lower I believe but it's a while since I did the math and some variables have changed.
Whoring Qum changes the whole game plan basically. I'm not yet ready to replay multiple times testing things with the extra money and the extra burden. Unless some way of getting some sort of forgiviness from Qum gets implemented at some point I don't think I'll do this actually. Having to deal with consequences forever sucks and you can be sure there will be even more negative impacts cause by this in future versions. Maybe once the game is finished and we know the full consequecens of this I'll do a playthrough whoring her. Things were just so much simpler (and better truth be told) when it was just a heavy RP penalty. It makes no sense that a SUCCUBUS would be so offended at having to sell her body for a little bit to help the guy she loves oh so much.

Changing acceptance during a chapter will actually work during that chapter, this can be observed when getting the acceptance bonus from the ambassadors evaluation and which people appear in the house of petitions as a result. It's just that most events only change acceptance after time has passed.
Not for Yarra's lesson at the Square, it won't. It takes in consideration the acceptance you had at the start of that segment of the game. You need to have 40+ acceptance before the start of this part or else you don't get the volunteer. This was tested exhaustively and believe me things would be much easier if it wasn't this way. You could save an extra 10% discreationary funds on Fancy Walk.

As a general rule you REALLY don't want to ask Megail for money especially if you just end up gifting it back to her, the penalties in the long run are just huge (probably because it's pretty nonsensical to gift someone money, then ask them for money and get the money you gifted them back while retaining the investment at no penalty). Same for not repairing the bridge, fix that immediately. You probably only got the 100% in the second house of petitions because you couldn't even afford the mercenaries, you can just opt for not buying them at all, though it's debatable if the long term cost of maxing the second house of petitions is worth the expenses, since those probably cascade onward as well.
Not possible to do all the required investments for the 100% Slums House of Petitions if you don't get the extra money from her.
Not repairing the bridge immediately only impacts the battle of yhilin a little bit truth be told.
All the investments are purely economic (I have a score of +51 Economy if my math is right). At the end of all the investments after the summit I had a surplus of 65k Pron. Hiring mercenaries was never a problem.

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

This is why I said you can NOT invest in any mercenary company during the first round of investments. If you do that you lose 10% funds minimum.
Second round also tanks your income, you can technically do without but I'm not certain of the math behind it, I've been putting off doing that until after we get the numbers for the upcoming war since that'd probably factor into a lot of revision.

Unless some way of getting some sort of forgiviness from Qum gets implemented at some point I don't think I'll do this actually. Having to deal with consequences forever sucks and you can be sure there will be even more negative impacts cause by this in future versions.
As I understand it, that "forgiveness" happens already during her conversation with Ginasta, she gets less RP if you've whored her but apparently that's the last negative side-effect (you'll also be missing the house Therlon scion but that was earlier, significant though)

Not for Yarra's lesson at the Square, it won't. It takes in consideration the acceptance you had at the start of that segment of the game. You need to have 40+ acceptance before the start of this part or else you don't get the volunteer. This was tested exhaustively and believe me things would be much easier if it wasn't this way. You could save an extra 10% discreationary funds on Fancy Walk.
Fair enough, you otherwise have options in the second house of petitions since not getting both the shop and the sex ring leaves you with 20% do hold a parade or some nonsense which increases acceptance.

Not possible to do all the required investments for the 100% Slums House of Petitions if you don't get the extra money from her.
Not repairing the bridge immediately only impacts the battle of yhilin a little bit truth be told.
All the investments are purely economic (I have a score of +51 Economy if my math is right). At the end of all the investments after the summit I had a surplus of 65k Pron. Hiring mercenaries was never a problem.
All you need to do is not hire mercenaries, and I worry about having unpeople abound during the coming war (I doubt they'll discriminate between the two armies with succubi) Not repairing the bridge also means a bunch of other investments are significantly more expensive.

Ultimately though your path ends up sacrificing the bridge repair and the Eustrin embassy for... a sex shop? You also trade the Ardan bank for the Yhilin one and I'm not sure if you're losing any other investments in Ardford beside just the bank. To be fair the Yhilin bank also confers a bunch of other bonuses but I'm trying to understand if it's really worth it.

Ndsferrari

Reputation score

Second round also tanks your income, you can technically do without but I'm not certain of the math behind it, I've been putting off doing that until after we get the numbers for the upcoming war since that'd probably factor into a lot of revision.
But the second round doesn't affect the Slums House funds so it's safe to hire them here. And honestly in a normal playthrough that's what we do anyway? No investments on mercenaries during the first round and hire them all during the second round.

As I understand it, that "forgiveness" happens already during her conversation with Ginasta, she gets less RP if you've whored her but apparently that's the last negative side-effect (you'll also be missing the house Therlon scion but that was earlier, significant though)
Well if that's true and there will be no more negative effects then I could make a save whoring her. Will wait for the next version anyway however.

Fair enough, you otherwise have options in the second house of petitions since not getting both the shop and the sex ring leaves you with 20% do hold a parade or some nonsense which increases acceptance.
That's exactly the point; the parade is imo a huge waste of money and I looked into way of not having to burn money doing that. I invest into EVERYTHING the Slums had to offer and I still have 15% leftover. If it was wise to spend money on everything remains to be seen but I feel like 15% is a safe margin for one future investment. I could easily not invest in the sex shop and have 40%.

All you need to do is not hire mercenaries, and I worry about having unpeople abound during the coming war (I doubt they'll discriminate between the two armies with succubi) Not repairing the bridge also means a bunch of other investments are significantly more expensive.
You're actually required to do all the investments I mentioned, otherwise you can only get 90% maximum. Not repairing the bridge means you have to burn an extra 10k pron on investments which honestly doesn't even matter. It's all about the outcome of the Battle of Yhilin and I'm willing to accept the consequences. They were not without weight though. If it was too punishing will be revealed after the next war is done. My army score isn't as high as it could have been thanks to the outcome of the Battle of Yhilin (182 size and 27 quality).

Ultimately though your path ends up sacrificing the bridge repair and the Eustrin embassy for... a sex shop?
At the moment, yes. I'm actually hoping there will be future options there that will justify having 100% funds. If there aren't any new opportunities there soon then I'll be disapointed actually.

You also trade the Ardan bank for the Yhilin one and I'm not sure if you're losing any other investments in Ardford beside just the bank. To be fair the Yhilin bank also confers a bunch of other bonuses but I'm trying to understand if it's really worth it.
Not really traded the Ardan for the Yhilin bank, that was just one way of having Megail at 100 RP before the Battle that I pointed out. The Ardan bank does give a +5 Economy Score and the Yhilin Bank doesn't give any (but gives a lot of points for various things concerning Yhilin). At the moment there isn't a way to know which is the better option if you can only choose one.

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm mostly under the impression that the second house of petitions is a bunch of padding and buffs for various scores that might otherwise be lacking due to committing a lot of resources to economy and not to army (mercs and suppliers) and through that allowing you an avenue of recovery from a bad battle of Yhilin.

Considering you can go up to 200 army size for the next fight, 182 might incur some penalties that I doubt the second house of petitions can compensate, but who knows.

On a side note, I'm curious what people picked for one of the big questions in the last update; assisting Aram or focusing on Yhilin (I personally picked the former, since they sent all their troops toward their borders with the Incubus Emperor)

Ndsferrari

Reputation score

This one is where I'm hoping the Unpeople will make a difference; If you blocked the vote then it should be better to help Aram. If you let the vote pass Aram should be strong enough that you can take care of your domain.

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

That seems reasonable, I've mostly been pushing for a united front, backed the Old Zirantian League (the ambassador's honesty dialogue played no small part in this one) and made sure to have the best possible relations with Eusterin and Aram, purely idealistic hopes would be that Zirantia sends a detachment and the conflict and fresh horrors of war mellows them out a bit, Aram loses much of its army in the initial fighting and due to Yhilin intervention is indebted to them, that said assuming we kill the Incubus Emperor the question still stands on what happens with the territory, Aram will want to reclaim their old borders and previous occupants will want to return home (the Givini, for example) but there's a sizable population of succubi there already that'd need a home somewhere.

I'd hope for some help from the elves but I have my doubts, I imagine the mother wouldn't want the elves to get involved for one. Ardford is going to be a big questionmark, while it seems obvious that they'd be on our side the question is whether they focus on their own borders or quickly commit to the war (and considering the state of Allanon I'm not expecting much help from them, but who knows)

Ndsferrari

Reputation score

An honest question: Are you expecting the Incubus Emperor to die during this war?

I understand the game is already past halfway and his death can't be dragged out for much longer, specially considering we still have a number of other Kings to handle after this. But Simon isn't anywhere near his strength yet. Who can best this guy?

Maybe an elaborate trap and an appearance from Ginasta for a temporary team up? Maybe even Riala decides it's time to switch sides and help us undermine him somehow (if she's even capable of doing this after whatever happened to her)? There has to be a plot twist in there somehow, I can't really see him getting killed in a straight out war.

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

An honest question: Are you expecting the Incubus Emperor to die during this war?
I think the IE dying is a given at this point, the question is how and more importantly what happens afterwards. I've mentioned several times in the past that it's a major mystery still what happens to shard bearers once they die, especially since we have conflicting information.

Ginasta killed the skullcrusher and as far as we could tell no shard was left behind (which leads to me theorizing that Ginasta's power also comes from a shard, which is why her power is slowly growing as time goes by similar to Simon and why she can directly contest a shardbearers control over others, which she at least attempts to do when you fight her)

Now we know for a fact that shards do get left behind, but the situation in Zirantia and the death of Wendis almost seems to imply that the shards either have a will of their own, or could be imbued with the will of whoever last used them (assuming of course, that there was indeed a shard involved in that mess, though there's a lot of indirect evidence that at least suggests it)

So many things can potentially happen though, Ginasta is still at large and may prove an ally, Simon has no small amount of competent combatants and expertise at his disposal, there may actually be quite a few rebellious elements in the IE's own domain to boot, and Riala is another wildcard and considering how powerful of a mage she is that's probably going to play a part.

I actually think dealing with Iris is going to play a bigger role, as she's shown to be quite devoted to the people of the IE's realm and this war kicked off because Aram abducted their people and tortured them, and just picking off the IE at this point might not be enough to end the war.

Hydra5

Reputation score

Here's a save at the start of the last update, has pretty much everything and (almost) everything optimized, mainly not sure about some house of petition investments and whether to invest in the shop or the sexual fighting ring in the second house of petitions (went with the fighting ring since I wanted people to have some exposure to what it's like before shit hits the fan)

At the end up the update having invested in roads (out of the options between roads and mercenaries, felt like putting more forces on worse roads was a pretty bad idea) the army sits at 197 size and 26 quality, but you can opt for mercenaries for a slightly larger army size (I think it's something like +5)
THANKS for your save. It's definitely more complete than mine was. I was able to invest in more things in the house of petitions and I also have the Savant's Cloak equipment but other than that, your save is better in every way (if you sell everything you don't need in your save, you'll have way more money to buy better equipment). Thanks again.

Reputation score

I started the game yet again recently (I never manage to get far until I had to put it away, and when I return, I forget half of the things, and a couple new versions come out...), and noticed a minor inconsistency.

There's a clerk in Stineford Academy who tells you about Robin's tuition, and his initial dialogue doesn't change even if you resolve the demon mission before ever talking to him.
So in that case, he first suggests to pay the tuition as a reward (in the post-mission dialogue), then "reveals" that you have to pay the tuition (in the normal initial dialogue).

It would make more sense if completing the mission without talking to him beforehand would change the reward dialogue, and his initial dialogue wouldn't appear at all after that.

Also, succubus gear is confusing. Hard to tell what item goes to which slot when you're in the shop.

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

There's a clerk in Stineford Academy who tells you about Robin's tuition, and his initial dialogue doesn't change even if you resolve the demon mission before ever talking to him.
So in that case, he first suggests to pay the tuition as a reward (in the post-mission dialogue), then "reveals" that you have to pay the tuition (in the normal initial dialogue).
If I remember correctly this works as it should, as Simon never declares his intention to discontinue Robin's education there, so as far as the clerk is concerned he offers Simon a reward and afterward informs him of the increase in tuition, since this was still something Simon had to know.

Also, succubus gear is confusing. Hard to tell what item goes to which slot when you're in the shop.
There's a succubus in the succubus tower near Steinford that will explain the finer points of succubus gear, presumably for this very reason.

Ndsferrari

Reputation score

Anyone willing to share any news?

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Next update is larger than usual (and more complex due to all of the factors involved in the war) Patreon update will be either this week (though unlikely) or the next.