What's new

Hunt and Snare [Furry] - New Patreon build: 14.03.2018

OP
Ruffleneck

Ruffleneck

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Hunt and Snare, a furry hunting game

Lol, not at all what I expected when I saw the title. I was thinking an fps with (presumably naked) furries as the enemies. While that would have probably amused me for 5 minutes, this isn't really my thing. Good luck with your project though.

Piece of advice, you may want to describe it as something other than 'a furry hunting game', that can definitely be interpreted differently than the way you mean it.
Thank you! ^^

Eventually it will be. We're working step by step, that literally means: Sex -> Sexploration -> Sneak (working on this) -> Gunplay -> Full hunting cycle :)

OP
Ruffleneck

Ruffleneck

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Yeah, the faces kinda scare me lol. I've been trying to find some 3d furry stuff I like, but it's rough, especially in a style these devs seem to be aiming for (Human/animal face instead of going for human face or full animal head). These are some I've found, I wonder if something like this is even possible in the program they use? I was wondering if it was just impossible for me to like 3d furries in this style but these are nice. They're all a bit more animeish though. I can't for the life of me find a more realistic version that doesn't terrify me.

From

Wow, those are pretty cute. Oh, think it's Second Life avatar, too bad.

mimosa211 - Custom Maid 3D 2

P.S: Had to manually block the images/gifs in this thread to avoid obnoxious loading. Welp, lemme know if he resizes them so I can unblock them.

I mean...there's still the potential for that depending on the hunting mechanics.
As for the heads, yeah, I get that a lot. Not sure if it's just me, I personally like the "what would a furry look like if they were real" kind of style, but it might just be me being blind to what I've done myself. Currently exploring options with a proper furry faces, well, more animal faces for that matter.. still not quite the anime furry you have in the "spoilers" post, but closer to the kem1.jpg you posted ^^

Scaled the images smaller, changed some, and removed gifs. Gifs are now behind an imgur link. You can come back to the visual realm! :3

OP
Ruffleneck

Ruffleneck

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Interesting idea, I´ll give the public build a play and see if I can give any obvious feedback. Looks pretty decent from the screenshots too

Do you have a planned features list or other document accessible for us to see what's planned?

Edit: No gameplay for the public yet it seems. I'll hold off until there's something to actually play
Yes! We do:

I don't publicly link this anywhere yet because I haven't 100% decided on how I want to handle it publicly. Currently it's primarily just "core concept", what our feature/code task list is, and bunch of ideas in the end ^^

As for the no gameplay in public verion, yeah, we'll sometime in couple of weeks expand the public to include the basic island sexploration, and extend the Patreon version to just include more of the island to cover and so forth :3

OP
Ruffleneck

Ruffleneck

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Ah, sorry for the spam. I just realized there's multiquote button too. Oops ^^'

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Oh please, I want to hear the negative things too. If you're worried people will nuke you here about it, you can send them to me directly on my email at rufflenecks\a/gmail.com ^^
A lot of people are negative towards Patreon projects simply because it's Patreon. They'd rather buy the full, finished game all at once rather than pay a monthly subscription for a demo of a game, especially since a lot of Patreon projects get abandoned and the pledgers get burned.

OP
Ruffleneck

Ruffleneck

Demon Girl
Reputation score

A lot of people are negative towards Patreon projects simply because it's Patreon. They'd rather buy the full, finished game all at once rather than pay a monthly subscription for a demo of a game, especially since a lot of Patreon projects get abandoned and the pledgers get burned.
Yeah, that's understandable. I've gotten burned couple of times from Early Access games on Steam. Been lucky with Patreon pledges thus far though, but I have definitely heard the horror stories ^^'

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

To give a tip on the forum, this button on the right lets you add multiple quotes to a single post easily. Select all the posts you want to quote and then press quote, and you can reply to them all in a single post

It will probably be easier and faster than having to scroll back up to the next post you want to quote after posting a reply

As for the link, that looks solid. Very good looking and quite interesting, doesn't seem like it would be too ambitious either. Looking forward to seeing it in action.

Abandonedacc

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I saw it in some furry chans, just gonna repeat what i said and alsmot everyone said.

furry with human face.....no.

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I tried to find out exactly what issues I had with it, so I dragged it into Sai and played with it a bit. I was thinking there might be something bothering me other than the style. I thought maybe rounding it out to a more feminine look (And smoothing out the upper nose, the hard shadow line makes it seem like a shape rather flesh to me) might help my perception of it. I also probably woulda plumped the lips as well, but I had trouble doing that with the expression here so I left it alone.

Hope the dev doesn't mind me playing with the image a bit. I also erased the hard chin shadow of the original just because it messed with the look. I'm not great at blending though, welp, hopefully you get the idea. Basic changes are rounding the chin, wider cheeks.

TLDR: Basically think the females would benefit from more feminine/cute faces, they seem pretty androgynous/mature to me now and it might be causing a poor perception of the style.

Left: Original --------------------------- Right: My edit

Last edited:

Nameraca

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Interesting concept. Been watching the gifs. Gotta fix that swaying flora, it looks like it's breathing, not swaying in the wind.

Anyways, you should go all the way. Choosable race (human, furry), and animal faces for the "animals".

As for gameplay, hunt is good, maybe add more options later. Like Bartering, trading. Instead of hunting for furries, approach village, trade stuff, make friends, fuck them.

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

Pretty tough to do furry style stuff I imagine. The range of preferences for things like facial structure is all over the place.

Aside from body structure, though, I'd say it's a bit a of a style oddity to have very saturated foliage, but smooth bodies, which make them come off more like paint. Even if the style is more on the flat side, I think it would help to have some hair in specific places to give the illusion that it's hair, and not smooth skin.

OP
Ruffleneck

Ruffleneck

Demon Girl
Reputation score

To give a tip on the forum, this button on the right lets you add multiple quotes to a single post easily. Select all the posts you want to quote and then press quote, and you can reply to them all in a single post

It will probably be easier and faster than having to scroll back up to the next post you want to quote after posting a reply

As for the link, that looks solid. Very good looking and quite interesting, doesn't seem like it would be too ambitious either. Looking forward to seeing it in action.
Ooh, this works across pages too! Thank you ^^

I saw it in some furry chans, just gonna repeat what i said and alsmot everyone said.

furry with human face.....no.
Yeah, I'm currently exploring options of making it more animalistic instead of... humanistic. Might split from "human like" to two separate options of furry or human, or just completely furry. Not sure yet! Probably something worth putting a vote up for ^^

I tried to find out exactly what issues I had with it, so I dragged it into Sai and played with it a bit. I was thinking there might be something bothering me other than the style. I thought maybe rounding it out to a more feminine look (And smoothing out the upper nose, the hard shadow line makes it seem like a shape rather flesh to me) might help my perception of it. I also probably woulda plumped the lips as well, but I had trouble doing that with the expression here so I left it alone.

Hope the dev doesn't mind me playing with the image a bit. I also erased the hard chin shadow of the original just because it messed with the look. I'm not great at blending though, welp, hopefully you get the idea. Basic changes are rounding the chin, wider cheeks.

TLDR: Basically think the females would benefit from more feminine/cute faces, they seem pretty androgynous/mature to me now and it might be causing a poor perception of the style.

Left: Original --------------------------- Right: My edit
Yeah, I see what you mean. Thanks for the "jaw paint" ^^ I'll first explore options with a lot more furry kind of a head and see where it goes, but your suggestion on the jaw line (and nose shadow weirdness) is on my list of things to try to make these faces work better :3

To my defense, I actually wanted to go with more androgynous and mature look, instead of the classic soft round peach face, but I do understand that most people prefer soft peaches in their games and I probably should have done that with some other species instead of the starting one. Live and learn ^^

Interesting concept. Been watching the gifs. Gotta fix that swaying flora, it looks like it's breathing, not swaying in the wind.

Anyways, you should go all the way. Choosable race (human, furry), and animal faces for the "animals".

As for gameplay, hunt is good, maybe add more options later. Like Bartering, trading. Instead of hunting for furries, approach village, trade stuff, make friends, fuck them.
Yeah, Unity's default grass shader wind isn't very natural. I have couple of grass systems I want to try, and if they don't work, custom system is an option of course. It's not the highest priority but it is one x)

The problem with choosable option between human and furry is that it's basically two different species that require unique things, and I think people would rather have a new different kind of furry race to chase instead. I am absolutely going to test out full on furry faces for the first species and see if it would work better and think about more human option later on when we got other species available ^^

As for the gameplay suggestion. Yeah bartering and trading is definitely planned. Player would sell their captures to town and purchase items like rifle upgrades, lures, or clothes/accessories with the money. As for making friends and fucking them, that sounds like nice addition in the far future! ^^

Pretty tough to do furry style stuff I imagine. The range of preferences for things like facial structure is all over the place.

Aside from body structure, though, I'd say it's a bit a of a style oddity to have very saturated foliage, but smooth bodies, which make them come off more like paint. Even if the style is more on the flat side, I think it would help to have some hair in specific places to give the illusion that it's hair, and not smooth skin.
Yeah, everyone has different kind of preferences, but I think that's true for non-furry stuff too. Some people like absolutely teenie weenie titties and smooth penises and others like massive fun bags and huge steroid cocks. Of course, optimally, I want to cover huge range of preferences with different species, but I want the first species to appeal to as many people as possible ^^

As for the body fur. Yeah, that's definitely planned, little bit of silhouette breaking with fur here and there. Also I think it would help if I broke up the "shine in the shading" with some kind of fur pattern. Added to my list! :3

OP
Ruffleneck

Ruffleneck

Demon Girl
Reputation score

New build!

Public build:
Patreon build:

Current version: R2 V6, May 27th

NOTE: You must set Quality in game at the moment, press F1 -> F4 (lowest -> highest) to select quality level. Highest requires at least 2010+ GPU or characters appear black.

Changelist:
* PATREON BUILD: Island of Skiia expanded further north to entrance of “Maw”. Note: Temporary fences are there to tell you to not go further as there aren’t anything in there yet. Honest :)
* PATREON BUILD: Secret
* 2 PATREON BUILD ONLY Skin(s): Sporty, and Serval
* 4 PATREON BUILD ONLY Animations(s): Twister, Smug Job, Tucker, and Twins
* 3 NEW skin(s) added: Badger, Overrals, and Boots
* 3 NEW animation(s) added: Hydraulic, Resting, and Piston
* NEW: Increased influence of soft body physics in acts, meaning; things are floppier
* NEW: Specie spawning are now specified by area (different skins and colors in northern area than in the forest area, to be expanded greatly later on)
* NEW: Specie following player on Skiia is no longer “dragged along”, instead they try to find and go to a position near the player
* NEW: More advanced skin shader with “light speckles” roughness layer (something you’ve seen in AAA games where skin is always a little bit shiny highlights are speckled) and improved rim lighting is applied to all shader levels
* Super Sampling asset changed, shouldn’t have any additional impact on highest quality settings
* Skiia bushes replaced with a bit better looking bushes that have simple “reaction” effect with characters. Trees not yet replaced
* Disabled NavMesh limitation from player
* Character positions are switched in Showroom if you swap genitalia of characters
* Fixed a bug related to “ghosts” appearing when telling someone to follow and then stop following
* Penis made more rigid instead of floppy like a piece of rope
* Soft body physics disabled at long distance (was hogging up performance)
* Reduced lag from “ghosts” being generated on Skiia
* Disabled actor spawners when player is close to them
* Small improvements to rock textures
* Fixed “Hold E” to actually require holding E
* Fixed issues where camera was pointing at wrong location in acts (camera position y was averaged to position of the characters y)
* Act locations should no longer show wrong animations
* Wall- animations type added to Showroom and Skiia

Showroom controls:
* Rotate camera with by holding left mouse button
* Scroll wheel to zoom in/out
* F1-F4 changes quality levels (same as launcher quality settings)
* ESC returns to main menu
* 1,2,0 keys switch between POVs and Default camera
* You can customize colors by copy pasting HEX code to the #000000 slot below color buttons

Island controls:
* WASD to move
* Hold SHIFT to run
* Hold E to interact with characters and locations
* Press SPACE to "finish" animations (eventually it will skip stages, multiple presses may be required)
* In Act: hold RIGHT mouse button to rotate camera
* In Act: Scroll wheel zooms in/out

Known issues:
* Hair doesn't work very well in Island's POV cameras
* Sometimes you get ejected by physics
* You can fall off the cliffs again until better solution is done! Please don’t x)

Thank you for your interest! Feedback is more than welcome! We're planning on expanding the public build to include part of the island, but it'll probably take until mid to late June. There's going to be one version before it though ^^

OP
Ruffleneck

Ruffleneck

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Public build:
Patreon build:

Current version: R2 V7, June 4th (for Windows, Linux, and Mac)

Changelist:
* PATREON BUILD: Island of Skiia expanded north with first pass of the Maw, a pine forest surrounded by rocks
* PATREON BUILD: Playable female character (select from main menu)
* PATREON BUILD ONLY Animation(s): Pawing fetish animations: Polishing (M/MxF), and Heeler (M/FxF)
* NEW Animation(s): Shears (FxF), Scissors (FxF), Tasting (M/FxF), and Trophy (M/FxF)
* Large set of performance optimizations to smooth out the frame rate and remove bottlenecks (remade trees, water optimized, disabled terrain detail rebuilding, occlusion culling)
* New main menu, with visual improvements from Skiia carried over
* Fixed being unable to ask characters to follow when they’re inside bushes
* Fixed quality settings not applied correctly to characters/camera via launcher
* Fixed character twitching (jumping between positions) when ending act animation
* Fixed characters getting ejected by physics when game is lagging
* Fixed camera clipping through everything
* Fixed lag caused by spawning of act locator ghosts
* Fixed wrong cursor behavior in game (mouse wasn’t bound to game properly)
* A random hole in Skiia terrain fixed :D

Showroom controls:
* Rotate camera with by holding left mouse button
* Scroll wheel to zoom in/out
* F1-F4 changes quality levels (same as launcher quality settings)
* 1,2,0 keys switch between POVs and Default camera
* You can customize colors by copy pasting HEX code to the #000000 slot below color buttons

Island controls:
* WASD to move
* Hold SHIFT to run
* Hold E to interact with characters and locations
* Press SPACE to "finish" animations
* In Act: hold RIGHT mouse button to rotate camera
* In Act: Scroll wheel zooms in/out

Known issues:
* Hair doesn't work very well in Island's POV cameras
* You can fall off the cliffs again until better solution is done! Please don’t x)

Happy playin'! ^^

p.s. We're planning on expanding the public demo to include part of the island for the new build ^^

Ecroose

Demon Girl
Reputation score

thank you for your hard work ^^, cant wait to play

OP
Ruffleneck

Ruffleneck

Demon Girl
Reputation score

New release!

Current version: R3 V8, June 17th (for Windows, Linux, and Mac)
Public build:
Patreon build:

Sneaking miniguide:

Key features:
* ISLAND DEMO expanded to Public build (first area)
* STAGE 1 of Hunting - Stealth - Press CTRL to toggle sneaking. Wild characters will run away in fear if player makes too much noise (no actual sound cues tho, just movement speeds and locations) OR is seen by a wild character. Sneaking upon a character and holding E will “tame them” as a temporary capturing mechanic. Friendly characters wear a collar.
* New animations (2 patreon, 3 public)
* Improved lighting and color grading (quite strongly inspired by Skyrim)
* Improved act location randomization (to prevent duplicates when possible)
(Full change log behind build download links)

Enjoy! :3

p.s. As this forum allows rating threads. I would love if more people would try the new build and rate the thread ^^

OP
Ruffleneck

Ruffleneck

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Poll time!

Click to cast your vote.

Also feel free to share your thoughts about content and what we should add (sooner than later) ^^

OP
Ruffleneck

Ruffleneck

Demon Girl
Reputation score

New build!

Current version: R3 V9, July 4rd (for Windows, Linux, and Mac)
Public build:
Patreon build:

Feedback/Bug form:
Sneaking miniguide:

Key build features:
* Swimming acts (2 patreon, 1 public)
* Desert location improvements and skins (patreon)
* Takedown animation
* Underwater effects
* Spooked prey will not flee forever
* General movement improvements
(Full change log behind build download links)

I hope you enjoy! ^^

luffyboy

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Any chance we can have much much larger range of breast size?