What's new

[Unity] Trial of the Erect Sword, Incubus' Thrall

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Man! It's been a long time since I came back to this thread. Several things have happened over time, and unfortunately my original idea is going to be pushed back as a later project. However, I would like to bring to you guys a new game project! It is currently titled Trial of the Erect Sword. This will be my first game project I am intending to release before Incubus' Thrall, because it will be noticeably smaller in scale.

I have attached a public document describing what to expect in the project:

*Old thread post below*

Hello! I am a CG artist who have been creating H-Artworks in ULMF and in other blogs for a long time, and I am excited to announce that I am preparing for an H-game! I am still in the very early stage of development, because I am working on the game concept myself as the primary artist and general director. I am currently in contact with a team of game engine coders, but this game could require a few more members to go along for the ride.

The main artworks will be done by me, LustFire. I am doing the CG artworks, CG animations, and sprite animations (if I cannot hire a sprite artist). I will soon announce another person who's job is coding our game! Our engine is Game Maker Studio 2, because I want to develop original game assets and create CG animations through Spine (Esoteric). Here are some concepts and works in progress I have made to prepare a playable demo.

Main Character concept

Sprite WIP (Main Character)

NPC 1 Concept

My project is an action sidescroller in a massive overworld. Gameplay will be primarily represented with sprite animations and H-CG events. Enemies, along with their standard attacks, will be able to grab the MC and have sex, but there are consequences that go with it.

General Gameplay

You play as a warrior princess who has trained herself to protect her hometown, in a futuristic and fantasy themed world where advanced technology and magic co-exist.. However, an Incubus suddenly appeared and forced a contract that binds his presence and powers to her. It is up to the player to progress the main plot through the main quest line, but the game is, essentially, an open world full of enemies, events, and environments that they are free to explore (if they don't mind the sex-craved hostiles).

Combat System

- Players can attack using weak and strong attacks; weak attacks build up and allow for different follow-up strong attacks.
- Combat actions consume stamina (which is regenerated persistently during non-combat actions).
- Each enemy have their sex actions, and sex can be a benefit or detriment to the player depending on the Combat Sex Parameters.

Lewdness Level

- Sexual activities will alter the player's interest in sex, as well as facial expressions, animations, and dialogue, between three levels of intensity.

Combat Sex Parameters

- Lewdness also affects combat; the higher the player’s Lewdness, the less the consequences from combat sex.
- Combat sex affects HP, Stamina, Arousal, and Climax status. All actors who climax will drop their stamina, and then HP. Arousal affects Climax progression speed.
- Enemies can get buffs/debuffs during climaxing.

There are many more details to be developed for the entire game project! Stay tuned and check out my Patreon to support my artworks and projects!

Follow me on Picarto for development stream! I've streamed a lot of my progress recently, and my followers even helped me create some ideas!

Also, we have created a Discord Server! There, you can get closer to us and how we're progressing with our project! Look for us through this URL (perma-link):

Last edited:
Reactions: XSI

Milia

Professional Neko Impersonator
Reputation score
Re: [LustFire] Sidescroller H-Game

Question, will it include a gallery? And within that gallery would you be able to zoom in on the animations, and have the option to either advance the scene manually or automatically? Sounds like a real interesting game thus far, I and I'm sure many others love sprite based H-games.

Zepheral

The Dark God Of Lesbians and Memes
Reputation score

Hope there's Yuri,futa, monster girls, beastiality and gangbanging. If all the MC's holes are filled, then it's a good game. XD

Also is there a leveling system or do you buy items to survive?

OP
LustFire

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

@Milia Fan: I am completely open to a proper gallery mode. And thanks for the response! I am not so experienced in sprites, but I love the sprites and animations made in Guilty Gear or BlazBlue.

@Zepheral: I mean.. all the MC's hole "would" be filled, but I think the content would depend on the story developed. I'll keep all the popular fetishes in mind (and I'll use this forum to remind myself what those are xD).

There will most likely be a leveling system, as a way to lock farther areas. As for items, I am honestly not sure. It will depend on whether something like HP potions will break the game with the fast-paced hack-n-slash combat I envisioned. There will be different sword equipment and costumes, though, depending on if the sprite animation production has room for it (especially the costumes).

Assc0bar

Lurker
Reputation score

Sprite looks okayish, although only blinking is kinda sad, could add breathing or something like that. Any other basics? (walking, basic attack, skill etc). Did you plan to go both pixel h-animations together with large After Effect scenes?
Also, why pixel with spine? Seems like Spine is not that good with pixel, could go cellshaded. From my own project experience, pixel with that 200+ size is pretty hard for artists, like reaaaaly hard.

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Also, why pixel with spine? Seems like Spine is not that good with pixel, could go cellshaded. From my own project experience, pixel with that 200+ size is pretty hard for artists, like reaaaaly hard.
Actually, Spine is only for the planned Animated CG, if i read that right. For the Sprite Animation i guess Lustfire will just use GameMaker's built-in Sprite Editor.

200+ size sprite is indeed harder to process, but you have to admit it's definitely allows for more marvelous and beautiful sprites. :D

Last edited:

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

If an enemy climaxes, they lose some HP (and possibly obtain unexpected buffs / debuffs)
unexpected debuffs
My mind cannot process this as anything other than pregnancy. Though I might be getting excited for no reason.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Your pictures are fucked. As in they won't load and the link won't load directly.

OP
LustFire

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

@AGamerPassingBy: Actually, I'm using Photoshop to create my sprites. I've heard of spriters using something called AESprite, so I might look into that program also.

@MAF: I'm actually a fan of inflated bellies, but I'm not even sure how to handle pregnancies.. Maybe I can make it "cumflation" instead :). I definitely have a strong interest in a little extra effort drawing inflated bellies for every sprite frames. The question is whether I can do that with some of her clothes on, considering her default clothes is a tightsuit leotard underneath.

@superslicer: I think linking Patreon images does cause problems around, so I now re-uploaded them on Tumblr. I'll keep this in mind from now on.

Hana[E]

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The art you've done so far looks good, good luck with the game. I'll be keeping an eye on it.

bukacain

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I really love the character design~! The game mechanics also sound pretty interesting, so I'm looking forward to seeing more in the future. : D

OP
LustFire

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Thanks for checking out my development! So, during the weekend I actually took a break from spriting and felt like sketching and introducing a character concept. This is your typical schoolgirl look, except her bust is probably bigger than the MC's even if she's much smaller than the redhead. :p I really wanna sprite her to see if it's true.. haha. While part of the general story, I thought I would make her a traveling NPC who sets shop around the battlefield, selling potions and special stuff.

*The concept art will be displayed on the thread.

There's one more major NPC I wanna design, and "he's" gonna take a lot of thinking. He'll act as the 2nd protagonist in story, but his role in gameplay is limited to sex.. you can see where I'm going with this. Although, it's not definite that I'll have regular female enemies be victims of whatever in-game action I give him. For now, it's a lot of CGs involved. I actually think I wouldn't do GO CGs for each individual enemies, since I'm dedicating a lot of the project to sprite animations.

As for how things are going, unfortunately the coder I was still waiting to respond was not in a condition to kickstart the project with me, so I'll be asking around in HentaiWriter's Discord. However, I'll be absolutely diligent and show progress in forms of WIP or completed works every week.

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

May i say that you don't know how brilliant this character design is for having her carry "Big Bagpacks" both at the front and rear? :p

Back spine's health awareness FTW! :D

I really like her design of course, but now i'm kinda curious as to what kind of world this game will take place in. The MC looks fantastical and a bit futuristic, but this NPC looks conventionally modern and practical.

Last edited:
OP
LustFire

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

May i say that you don't know how brilliant this character design is for having her carry "Big Bagpacks" both at the front and rear? :p

Back spine's health awareness FTW! :D

I really like her design of course, but now i'm kinda curious as to what kind of world this game will take place in. The MC looks fantastical and a bit futuristic, but this NPC looks conventionally modern and practical.
This game will be some kind of fantasy future, so there will be a couple made-up technology. It'll be a while until the entire design of my world is fleshed out.

I've updated my thread with more details on my gameplay. Check out the CG'd concept art of one of my major NPCs, too!

Also, somebody did a fanart for my character! He/she is an active viewer on my . Though, I'm gonna polish her design out when I do her official profile image :>.

Last edited:

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

This game will be some kind of fantasy future, so there will be a couple made-up technology. It'll be a while until the entire design of my world is fleshed out.

Also, somebody did a fanart for my character! He/she is an active viewer on my . Though, I'm gonna polish her design out when I do her official profile image :>.

I see, i see. I myself love futuristic fantasy setting, so that just pouring fuel to my hype fire, hah! :D

You know you're on point with the character design when someone already made a fanart of them before there isn't even a demo available yet. ;)

OP
LustFire

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Re: [GameMaker Studio 2] Sidescroller H-Game

Hey, everyone. It's actually been a very long time since I updated my progress. I've been working on lots of stuff lately, but all that experience is making me confident about doing animations right now. I used to use Photoshop, but my main art AND animation program is now Clip Studio Paint (EX). This has helped my workflow on animations a lot. I am hoping I can keep making all my animations I need for a tech demo!

This is a rough draft (shading colors are all over the place) of the running animation. There will be a lot of running variations in the future.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

THE ARM

Otherwise pretty good so far.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

What are the normal rates for VA, does anyone know?