What's new

Frequently Asked Questions and Problems (Tech Questions Go Here!)

darkday

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Frequently Asked Questions and Problems (Tech Questions Go Here!)

Pls help all my Eushully game get this error how to fix it

Attachments

Magster

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I use Chiitrans lite and now it have stopped capturing text from my games and novels. just an blank white screen. I have tried to reinstalled it but it didt help
I have exactly the same problem since one week...any idea guys ?

EDIT : Many people have the same problem, even with ITH. Sounds like a W10 update error problem...well can't play any japanese game until a fix :(

Last edited:

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I see this thread isn't getting too much attention, but here goes! Hope someone maybe has a fix for this pickle.

So. RPGM VX and VXAce games suffer a terrible lag (almost unbearable) on my Win8 in fullscreen. They don't however, on the very same computer, but my backup Win7.
After some googling, I found out it is a common thing, has something to do with how Windows 8 handles DirectDraw, and basically you are effed.

After some further searching, found a registry fix, which solves the lag issue.
However... That way VNR is not working any more in fullscreen for the game you wanted in fullscreen. xD
So I can't say I really uneffed myself.

Anyone perhaps with a fix for this issue, on the off chance?

AltairPL

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I see this thread isn't getting too much attention, but here goes! Hope someone maybe has a fix for this pickle.

So. RPGM VX and VXAce games suffer a terrible lag (almost unbearable) on my Win8 in fullscreen. They don't however, on the very same computer, but my backup Win7.
After some googling, I found out it is a common thing, has something to do with how Windows 8 handles DirectDraw, and basically you are effed.

After some further searching, found a registry fix, which solves the lag issue.
However... That way VNR is not working any more in fullscreen for the game you wanted in fullscreen. xD
So I can't say I really uneffed myself.

Anyone perhaps with a fix for this issue, on the off chance?
RM's full-screen mode was always botched for me - probably there are a lot of problems depending on system, card manufacturer, drivers, and who knows what else.
I'm pretty sure RM doesn't use DirectDraw... if it would, it would be hardware accelerated and there probably wouldn't be any problems... or they would be different. IIRC, RM uses GDI/GDI+ which was hardware accelerated in Windows XP, but not since Vista.
Anyway, just in case the game tries to use some GPU features or GPU drivers tries to do some things on its own, you can try making the profile for RM game in GPU driver/app and experimenting with various settings... like anti-aliasing, v-sync, etc. - that didn't helped with my issues, but maybe it will help with yours.
Any particular reason why full-screen mode is required? I remember you from RM window resizing thread, so you should have know-how in doing this and it would probably solve the problem. Does VNR require full-screen or is it just a matter of choice?

zipetya

Reputation score

RM's full-screen mode was always botched for me - probably there are a lot of problems depending on system, card manufacturer, drivers, and who knows what else.
I'm pretty sure RM doesn't use DirectDraw... if it would, it would be hardware accelerated and there probably wouldn't be any problems... or they would be different. IIRC, RM uses GDI/GDI+ which was hardware accelerated in Windows XP, but not since Vista.
Anyway, just in case the game tries to use some GPU features or GPU drivers tries to do some things on its own, you can try making the profile for RM game in GPU driver/app and experimenting with various settings... like anti-aliasing, v-sync, etc. - that didn't helped with my issues, but maybe it will help with yours.
Any particular reason why full-screen mode is required? I remember you from RM window resizing thread, so you should have know-how in doing this and it would probably solve the problem. Does VNR require full-screen or is it just a matter of choice?
Thanks for the reply!

I'm pretty sure it's a Windows 8 problem, because as mentioned, the very same games I tried on my Win7, and fullscreen worked just fine; also, doing the registry edit -which basicly is adding the game executable to 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\...\Layers' with the value 'DWM8And16BitMitigation Layer_ForceDirectDrawEmulation'- actually works, and the game will run fine in fullscreen on Win8 as well.

I myself too tried playing with the settings you suggested in the GPU app without any success sadly. Did it globally, and not in profile for a game, so may give it a try - though I think it stands to reason that if it didn't work for global settings...

Anyhoo, the reason I'm asking is because I just very recently noticed how quite a bit worse quality the images are with Sizer and such tools (in 2x the original size, for example), compared to their counterparts in 'real' fullscreen. (Much more) jagged lines and such...
This came up with regards to the translated Mischief War game (thx ewn, again), which being in English, I just wanted to try in fullscreen, but the lag was killing it.

Not all VX/VXAce games are translated unfortunately, though... xD
And on those I hoped to use VNR with the abovementioned registry hack for full user experience - however was crestfallen to see VNR not working in fullscreen using this method.

Henlove77

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I'm having a problem with text hooks and character names with ChiiTrans Lite
For example the text hooks gives me the line

ラーヒルダあれ、Mars。何処行くんだい?

My character name is Mars (yes, the one from NTRPG2) and the talking character name is ラーヒルダ = Hilda, but the game translates it to ra-Hiruda or Hilda Ra because it's counted as part of the sentence and not as a name

I tried adding the name (ラーヒルダ = Hilda and Hilda = ラーヒルダ, I added both just to be sure), checking and unchecking both boxes on parsing and restarting the translator but the game keeps making the same translation error

AltairPL

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

@zipetya
No idea then, sorry.
Out of curiosity, have you tried adding VNR to that registry list as well?
Other than that you could point out the problem to VNR dev-team... maybe they can and will do something about it.

zipetya

Reputation score

Out of curiosity, have you tried adding VNR to that registry list as well?
Other than that you could point out the problem to VNR dev-team... maybe they can and will do something about it.
Huh, that was a very neat little idea! Unfortunately, no dice.
Also, there is no VNR dev-team per se, anymore, so... :)

-----
Anything other than VNR to try in fullscreen for machine TL purposes, for these games, anyone?

Williamtheshatner

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Alright, so I'm having a relatively huge problem crop up recently. Whenever I try to use some RPGMaker games, various error messages crop up (typically things like "No such file or directory - Graphics/Tilesets/001-Grassland01" and "No such file or directory - Audio/SE/008-System08") that I can't seem to ever get rid of. The games themselves open no problem, but whenever I attempt to start a new game OR continue it, an error message opens up that closes the game. I've checked the app locale (and it is correctly set to Japanese), reinstalled RPGMaker assets and even reinstalled the game with a fresh file to no avail, with these error messages still popping up. It's infuriating. Does anyone have any idea what to do?

P.S., I've attached a few pictures of the error messages themselves along with an error report for one (not all games had this).

P.P.S., My internet is really terrible now, so I may not be able to respond quickly.

Attachments

AltairPL

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Alright, so I'm having a relatively huge problem crop up recently. Whenever I try to use some RPGMaker games, various error messages crop up (typically things like "No such file or directory - Graphics/Tilesets/001-Grassland01" and "No such file or directory - Audio/SE/008-System08") that I can't seem to ever get rid of. The games themselves open no problem, but whenever I attempt to start a new game OR continue it, an error message opens up that closes the game. I've checked the app locale (and it is correctly set to Japanese), reinstalled RPGMaker assets and even reinstalled the game with a fresh file to no avail, with these error messages still popping up. It's infuriating. Does anyone have any idea what to do?

P.S., I've attached a few pictures of the error messages themselves along with an error report for one (not all games had this).

P.P.S., My internet is really terrible now, so I may not be able to respond quickly.
Those look like RTP files. Don't know what causes it, but once in a while some RTP files get corrupted/deleted. Reinstall RTP and you should be fine.
Link just in case:

Williamtheshatner

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Those look like RTP files. Don't know what causes it, but once in a while some RTP files get corrupted/deleted. Reinstall RTP and you should be fine.
That's the thing; reinstalling them doesn't seem to work. The same messages pop up and I'm stuck once more. It's really quite annoying.

kvier

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Are you sure you have the right runtime? Things that look like "001-Name01" are RPGMaker XP, not VX nor VX Ace.

Williamtheshatner

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Unfortunately, yes. Same downloads, same error messages.

AltairPL

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Unfortunately, yes. Same downloads, same error messages.
That's really, really weird... RTP reinstall should work...

As kvier said those files are from RPGMaker XP RTP, so I'll be only covering this one.

In case you've just installed RTP over existing installation, try to completely eradicating previous installation - use OS stuff to uninstall the RTP, delete the folder, and finally make a fresh install.

Try browsing to RTP folder and make sure that those missing files are there and they're not corrupted by opening them in image viewer / music player. Depending on the system default path to RTP is:
32-bit Windows: %ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Enterbrain\RGSS\Standard
64-bit Windows: %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Common Files\Enterbrain\RGSS\Standard

In case you didn't, try installing RTP to default folder... I remember at least one case of noob programmer (namely me) hard-coding RTP path to default one, cause I forgot it can be installed anywhere.

Other than that, I'm out of ideas for now... sorry.

Bryanis

Reputation score

The RTP are listed in the menu uninstall list.
If they got corrupted you can deleted them then re install them.

I'm not too knowledgeable on this, but I've heard the install of japanese RTP can be corrupted if not done with japanese local setting.
So you may want to download and install them with local japanese setting.

I see from your screen that some game showing error are english version.
Some time the english version change the dll used, but not the rtp as far as I know, you can check the required RTP in the game.ini - it is a possibility that the ini file is missing something. You should have a line like that in it "RTP=RPGVXAce". you might want to check that the line is there without error and that you got the right RTP installed.

I also rarely encountered error with rpgmaker game when but in a folder with a pathway to long.

Williamtheshatner

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Still no luck. Ugh. I'll try to look for more esoteric solutions. Even if it didn't work out 100%, I have a little bit more of an idea of what to look for. Either way, thanks for the suggestions. I'll keep an eye out on this forum for any more solutions.

Williamtheshatner

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I just bit the bullet and individually went through and added all the files that the game itself was missing. In hindsight, this error seems pretty stupid, but for whatever reason the games were not automatically getting the files they needed. Everything is all clear now. Sorry for taking up so much time, but with this I've finally fixed it.

Bryanis

Reputation score

I just bit the bullet and individually went through and added all the files that the game itself was missing. In hindsight, this error seems pretty stupid, but for whatever reason the games were not automatically getting the files they needed. Everything is all clear now. Sorry for taking up so much time, but with this I've finally fixed it.
While it's nice you succeed that way, the point of RTP is to avoid doing that and ending taking lot of space with common asset over many rpgmaker game.

So unless it's only one game having trouble, I'd advise you to keep searching someone with a solution somewhere to your trouble.

zipetya

Reputation score

@Williamtheshatner
Are you sure, and I mean absolutely sure you didn't just make an err when unpacking those games (e.g. not doing that in Japanese locale) and/or when patching them with the TL?

Because those seem like Eng-patched games, and they would -I assume- have their own Data/Graphics/Audio etc. folders, in which those files could be missing or their filenames garbled.

Though, true, I dunno much about XP games either.
Just checking, still.