The Ranting/Debate Thread

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Re: The Ranting/Debate Thread

As for hating being touched, well... that's me, through and through. There are about six people I like to hug, and I hug them a -lot-. Anyone else is going to get a frosty reception, or broken bones. True story. Black belt aikido :p.

haha same here. It just so happens that my closest friends are female, my reaction isn't a sexist one, it's a matter of degrees of friendship. I'm very twitchy, squirrely and personal space-y. I don't mind being touched but it can't be snuck up on me cuz I flinch like a fucking sneeze/spasm. And if it's a poke, I react terribly cuz I'm ticklish. Still I let my close friends (almost always female) torment the shit out of me. But even if a guy acquaintance of mine reaches for my hand to shake it, it's getting 3 different wristlocks into a takedown.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

I hate shaking hands. It's such a stupid custom. And it's not like I can just stand there and glare at the hand to make it even more awkward. And men seem to have this obsessive need to squeeze as hard as they can. -_-

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

shaking hands is like hugging for men. they can be friendly while still being homophobic and the harder they squeeze the larger their penis.

beware of women with a strong handshake.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I shake hands all the time, especially in a professional setting, and me being me, if someone attempted to wrist lock me and take me down whilst shaking hands, I'd punch them square in the throat.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

like i said, beware of women with a strong handshake

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I shake hands all the time, especially in a professional setting, and me being me, if someone attempted to wrist lock me and take me down whilst shaking hands, I'd punch them square in the throat.
that's a very poor wristlock

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

This is probably wrong, but I hate fat people. Now when I say fat people I don't mean people who are a little overweight. I mean that person who's so fat they can't walk more than a foot without having to take a 10 minute breather. You know like the ones you see at a fair/carnival standing in line at a food stand, in clothes that obviously don't fit, carrying three corn dogs, nachos, fries, and a funnel cake with every condiment known to man on it. Of course they have a diet soda so it all balances out. I'm sure they just have a glandular problem though so it's not their fault. Ah now I feel better.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

95% of medically obese people have somewhat manageable control over their own weight. There's only about 5% of fat people who are fat and actually can't do anything to change that.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

In other words, you don't hate people that can't help it, you hate the idiots that just keep eating and eventually, you can't be sure of whether they move around by walking or with rolling.

Those people are a waste of resources, eating that much more then needed, getting so fat they can't even be productive anymore, and then probably complaining about being fat.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I completely agree on the fat people argument. Most of them are plain and simply gluttonous. There may be a psychological disorder or two in there (eating out of boredom or some kind of "Pavlovian dog" reflex), but most of them are just hungry hungry hippos.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Well it is the ranting/debate thread.

If I ever meet Toxic I'll have to remember to say hello by kicking him in the balls.

"Hey, Toxic." *WHAM, clunk. "What don't look at me like that, you think I want to hurt my wrist."

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Anyone that said they'd do something in here, I'd just give them a nice, tight bear-hug.

That, or just not touch them, since I don't like getting touched by people that aren't on my list of people I let touch me, so I know how they feel.

:p

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Well, I have to rant this out.

So anyway, earlier today I sign on to MSN, and someone new has added me. Why not, I accept and start chatting with this guy, who lo and behold is a lurker here on ULMF. No username or anything. Nice enough guy... until he starts talking about homosexuals. He of course does not have good things to say. Stuff along the lines of men were built for women, women for men. There's no logic for them to be together, etc. etc.

Now, myself not only being bisexual, but currently at the time am engaged to another woman, I'm pretty upset by this. So I get pissed and say a simple "Fuck you". He in turn gets pissed that I'm hating him for having an opinion.

Dude are you so fucking thick that you don't realize your opinion is saying that I'm garbage. Go ahead, have an opinion, but as soon as its negative towards me, you expect me to lay there and just fucking take it? Are you that fucking dumb? Seriously man, wake the fuck up, the west may be all about freedom, and we be all about respecting others opinions... but honestly? To tell me that shit, and then say I'm the villain for getting pissed, and your just the victim whose innocent opinions are being oppressed.

Fuck...

I hope he reads this too.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

If he is a lurker here, he should probably know by now your current situation, so either he's got balls or he's a troll. I can definitely understand getting offended, but I have to ask, and I'm not trying to be offensive myself, but did he call you garbage? Did he call homosexuals in general a waste? Or was he just like airing out his thoughts about how he didn't understand it and saw it as a deviation from the norm? I'm not trying to defend his thoughts, lord knows I have no idea how the conversation went, but is it possible you became offended (and understandably so) at what he was saying without him presenting it in an offensive tone?

Or was he really just being an asshole?

Cuz I have gotten into many a "friendly" argument with kids who have had conservative religious upbringing who can't understand how something could not play a part to our survival and still stick with our evolution as a species. And in all honesty, I don't understand myself how a behavior that doesn't reproduce passes on (only more evidence I feel that it is not a genetic thing but a constant psychological thing that has been quite common through the ages) but without that knowledge, I still land on the side of defending it. I could see how someone would have similar thinking to me, but be more conservative, so they also don't understand it, but land on the opposite side of myself.

Again, I don't know how he presented, hence my asking. For all I know, he could have been very in your face, and now I look like a douche for even giving him a second chance

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

No Toxic I see where you're coming from, and looking back, he didn't seem like he was trying to be an asshole entirely, but it was after I called him on it, and he kept pushing it instead of dropping it. So... subtle asshole.

It was the second bit that pissed me off even more.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

logic says that lesbianism is necessary for the survival of the species. we have a problem with overcrowding on this planet, every gay couple (as long as we can maintain a population) is saving everyone.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

lesbianism is necessary for the survival of the species.
The rest of this post is unnecessary in order to make sense. How can anybody not love gay people? Gay women are hot, and almost always cool to be around, gay men are either completely normal or completely hilarious.

Anyway, if this guy really has been lurking, seems like he was just trying to get a rise out of you, since it's pretty obvious who's straight and who's not on this forum (I think chibi is the only woman here that I know is straight, and she might be bi too). Which makes sense, because tentacles and hentai in general is more about the glorification of the female body than the male's. Maybe he knew he'd get a reaction from you too. No offense intended, but you seem like a bit of a live wire, maybe it seemed that way to him too and that's why he decided to attack you over msn. In any case, I think getting angry about it is just giving this guy what he wants, so I'd suggest just giving him a mental screw you, blocking him, and forgetting about it. Pay attention to the majority of us that love gay people instead of the ignoramuses out there.