What's new

Epic Quotes

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score
One of my favorites, comes from "Independence Day" The President's speech :3

"Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. "Mankind." That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it's fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom... Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution... but from annihilation. We are fighting for our right to live. To exist. And should we win the day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day the world declared in one voice: "We will not go quietly into the night!" We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on! We're going to survive! Today we celebrate our Independence Day!"

Post yours!

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
Re: Epic Quotes

If it's movie speeches, definitely the V speech.

But on this most auspicious of nights, permit me then, in lieu of the more commonplace soubriquet, to suggest the character of this dramatis persona. Voila! In view humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the “vox populi” now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin, van guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.
The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.
Verily this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it’s my very good honour to meet you and you may call me V.

Also Matrix:

"Zion hear me! It is true what many of you have heard. The machines have gathered an army and as I speak that army is drawing nearer to our home. Believe me when I say we have a difficult time ahead of us but if we are to be prepared for it we must first shed our fear of it. I stand hear before you now truly unafraid! Why?! Because I believe something you do not? No! I stand here without fear because I remember. I remember that I am hear not because of the path that lay before me.. but because of the path that lies behind me! I remember that for one hundred years we have fought these machines! I remember that for one-hundred years they have sent their armies to destroy us and after a century of war I remember that which matters most! We are still here!

If it's our time to die, it's our time. All I ask is, if we have to give these bastards our lives, we give 'em hell before we do!

As for other quotes, it would probably have to be "has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"

Games Dude

Lurker
Reputation score

"Can you Imagine a world without Light?
"No, that can't be possible!"
"Yes that would be very dark.."
- L and Misa, Death Note

"Oh no you did not shoot that green shit at me!" - Will Smith

"Welcome to earth!" - Will Smith (again)

"You wanna see my clearance? C'mere. See this? This is my clearance. Now get outta the damn way." - Will Smith (noticing a pattern?)

"No I understand completely; I'm just being an asshole." - Anonymous

"Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing pixie dust." - Police Chief, OOTS

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"You know I'd never hurt you. Not really."
"Yeah? Well I'd hurt you. So, suck it."
Lucifer and Dean, before Dean shoots him in the head - Supernatural.

OP
Chibichibi

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

:3

It's not just movie quotes. I started this as a thread for... Rousing speeches.

anyway, Pilot episode of Firefly, Mal :3

"The Alliance said they were gonna waltz through Serenity Valley and we choked them with those words. We've done the impossible, and that makes us mighty. Just a little while longer and our Angels are gonna be soaring overhead raining fire on those arrogant khags so you hold. You HOLD!"

Twisted

Mega Ultimate Jungle Girl 2000 Redux Z
Reputation score

"Do you know what happens to a Toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing that happens to everything else." Storm, X-Men

AMIDOINGITRITE?

No, but seriously.. Hmmm..

"She was Lo, plain Lo, in the morning. Standing 4'10 in one sock. She was Lolo in slacks, she was Dolly at school. She was Dolores on the dotted line. But in my arms; she was always... Lolita. Light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin. My soul... Lolita.." Humbert Humbert, Lolita

Also, from Johnny Got His Gun
Johnny's Father "I hear ya, son, but I got troubles of my own. Not anything I have in this room is really any good, ya know? House is small, job is small, my salary is also small. Son is my, and so is my wife and if ya get right down to it I'm no giant myself. Everything around my is small, inferior.. except this fishing pole. I myself wind it every year with the best silk thread. See this lacquer? Comes from China. No finer lacquer in the world. See those guides? Pure amber. Nobody in town has a fishing pole like this. Not even Mr. Ladderman down at the bank. My life is so poor and shoddy that without this pole, I'd have nothing to set me apart from other men. Nothing to give me distinction, nothing at all. That's why... I love it so much."

Johnny "Do you love it more than you love me?"

Johnny's Father "Ha ha! Course I do. What is there about you that can give a man distinction? You're not unusual at all!"

Johnny "Yes I am, Father."

Johnny's Father "How's that?"

Johnny "I may not be unusual now, but I'm going to be."

Johnny's Father "Of course you are. Gonna make the world safe for democracy, aren't ya?"

Johnny "What is democracy?"

Johnny's Father "Well, I was never very clear on that myself. Like every other kind of government, it's got something to do with young men killing each other, I believe."

Johnny "Why don't old men kill each other?"

Johnny's Father "Well, the old men are needed to keep the home fires burning."

Johnny "Couldn't the young men do that just as well?"

Johnny's Father "Young men don't have homes, that's why they go out and kill each other"

Johnny "When it comes my turn.. Will you want me to go?"

Johnny's Father "For democracy... Any man would give his only begotten son."

Johnny "...I won't."

Johnny's Father "I won't be here to stop ya, then. Put your arms around me. I need your warmth.. the keep the chill of death away"

Johnny "..I can't."

Johnny's Father "Please?"

Johnny "..No!!"

Johnny's Father "I guess it always comes down to that. Each man faces death by himself... Alone."

OP
Chibichibi

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

This is amazing. I loved it.

E

Exofluke

Lucas

Lurker
Reputation score

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

"Feelings? You know who have alot of feelings? Blokes who bludgeon their wife to death wif a golf trophy. Professionals have standards."-Sniper

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Feelings? You know who have alot of feelings? Blokes who bludgeon their wife to death wif a golf trophy. Professionals have standards."-Sniper
"I'm not a crazed gunman, I'm an assassin! What's the difference? One's a career choice and the other's a mental illness!"

Don't know if I got that quote entirely right, but it still amuses me to no end.

Twisted

Mega Ultimate Jungle Girl 2000 Redux Z
Reputation score

Since Archer had to show his badass face. IT MUST BE SAID.

"I am the bone of my sword.
Steel is my body, and fire is my blood.
I have created over a thousand blades.
Unknown to death.
Nor known to life.
Have withstood pain to create many weapons.
Yet, those hands will never hold anything.
So as I pray, "Unlimited Blade Works."

Carver

Lurker
Reputation score

"Oh no you did not shoot that green shit at me!" - Will Smith

"Welcome to earth!" - Will Smith (again)

"You wanna see my clearance? C'mere. See this? This is my clearance. Now get outta the damn way." - Will Smith (noticing a pattern?)

"No I understand completely; I'm just being an asshole." - Anonymous
"C-C-C-C-C-C-C-COMBOOO BREAKER!" - Killer Instinct

Reputation score

"Cartman, you have such a fat ass, that when people walk down the street they go "God damn, that's a big fat ass."

That's my favorite south park quote.

OP
Chibichibi

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Great quote for a Holy man, from the movie, "The Patriot"

"A shepherd must tend his flock... and occasionally fight off wolves."

Feris

Lurker
Reputation score

one of favorites if you can't see the text it says "Some smiles show cheer; some merely show teeth.

Magic The Gathering - Abyssal Hunter

another is a short discussions but epic nonetherless :3

Prince George: He said that I had all the wit and sophistication of a donkey!

Blackadder: Oh, an absurd suggestion, sir... unless of course it was a particularly stupid donkey.

Blackadder III

Lord Percy: The fashion today is towards the tiny.
Blackadder: In that case you have the most fashionable brain in London.

Blackadder II

Blackadder for the win! (Bolts into the next dimension)

fanta23

Lurker
Reputation score

"why is there bacon in the SOAP??!!"-Zim
"I MADE IT MYSELF"-GIR,Invader Zim

"Where did the last piggy go?"-GIR,Invader Zim

"Can i be a mongoose dog?"-GIR,Invader Zim

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking Pinky?"-Brain
"I think so brain but where are we going to get parachute pants at this time of night? NARF!!"-pinky,Pinky and the Brain

now for serious

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself"-JFK

one of my favorites
"Speak softly but carry a big stick."-Teddy Roosevelt

one of mine

"In the eyes of the conqueror, they are the saviors of the conquered"- Fanta23

"

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

"What's the worst that could happen?"

For the people who need more quotes, or are just interested in reading some, try

Or tvtropes, which has a few quotes on the topic at the top of every page.(It suffers from the wikipedia syndrome, you look at one thing, and before you know it you have 6 tabs open and it's been 3 hours)