What's new

SIM Library Story

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score
So, since no one made a thread yet for this (as of today) upcoming game, here's what I could muster.

Xaljio ( ) and Latissa ( ) are making it.

The latest news is : the demo got delayed till late october :(

Will either edit this and/or post updates when they become available.

Play as gaston and attempt to corrupt/trick Bell into being yours! It's mostly a time management sim, build your stats so you can succeed at the stat-checks activities require or unlock events. There's a simple turn-based battle system during hunting iirc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Re: Library Story

I don't want to be "that guy" but linking us to a patreon and giving no information on what the plot is, what the gameplay is, etc and then adding in "delayed until xxxx" isn't how topics are usually started around here. A good rule of thumb is giving us some insight into what is going to be in the game, who the developer is (Sure, we could look at the patreon but who in their right mind is going to blindly support a "delayed" project let alone show interest for it) and maybe link us to a demo. As far as the forums know, it's someone asking for money for a "delayed" game that might not even be finished.

Xil

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I don't want to be "that guy" but linking us to a patreon and giving no information on what the plot is, what the gameplay is, etc and then adding in "delayed until xxxx" isn't how topics are usually started around here. A good rule of thumb is giving us some insight into what is going to be in the game, who the developer is (Sure, we could look at the patreon but who in their right mind is going to blindly support a "delayed" project let alone show interest for it) and maybe link us to a demo. As far as the forums know, it's someone asking for money for a "delayed" game that might not even be finished.
But there isn't any demo. And that patreon page has visible public updates, you only need to click on it. Anyway, I think Omni here posted this for the peeps who follow Akabur and other trainer games. Better to have it's own thread rather than to be on Akabur's thread when it's not even his game.

But if you follow these two things then you probably know about Xaljio too and the other game he is working on "Iris Quest".

Anyway, can't wait for the demo. I've absolutely love trainer game, especially if they have good art.

OP
Omnikuken

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

^ That's 100% the point of this thread, instead of cluttering ~2 others with stuff that don't concern them, we can dump everything here while we wait for the demo/after it's out/when we get the full game.

Instead of waiting to around christmas and go "oh guys, there's this random game demo that came out 2 months ago and people where talking about it in 2 different threads, so let's make a separate one for the lulz" ....

cvonsuela85

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

They released an mini promo video awhile back

Here it is:

fagballs

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

"and sometimes help out Akabur with his projects"

"demo delayed"

Off to a good start.

Sample image; since the first post looks devoid of information:

Looks like an improved version of the Akabur games. Hopefully the story is well written with plenty of (non chibi) art.

Last edited:

Manamana

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Oh, Belle is a good Disney character to corrupt, she has personality :p

kokotheworm

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Oh, Belle is a good Disney character to corrupt, she has personality :p
But why oh why choose Gaston to corrupt her , he is not only ugly he is stupid painfully so . Very mixed feeling about that .

Manamana

Tentacle God
Reputation score

But why oh why choose Gaston to corrupt her , he is not only ugly he is stupid painfully so . Very mixed feeling about that .
I agree (but Gaston isn't ugly?), somehow I think that is more fitting :)

cvonsuela85

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Well since it's Tinkerbell who's aiding him is his quest to corrupt Belle, I'd say she has the mental and magical chops to compensate for Gaston's dullness.

OP
Omnikuken

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yay, another demo delay and promises of it "coming soon"

OP
Omnikuken

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

New update saying demo will be "soon", probably this weekend or next week ....

cvonsuela85

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

The shortened demo for Library Story is out

You can find it as an attachment here:

Last edited:
OP
Omnikuken

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Only 1 scene but it's already better than most of Akabur's games :eek:

If anyone could find a way to bypass the Patreon-only and have the "sluttiness" clickable ..........

cvonsuela85

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

am i wrong for expectin more?
They pretty much said that this is their alpha demo as they wanted to give a mini teaser of one the scenes in the game. They had compatibility issue with the old system they were using and the new system. They are estimating that the full demo would take a month and a half to complete and release( I'm estimating 2 months or more as life happens).

torkenstiem

Tentacle God
Reputation score

They pretty much said that this is their alpha demo as they wanted to give a mini teaser of one the scenes in the game. They had compatibility issue with the old system they were using and the new system. They are estimating that the full demo would take a month and a half to complete and release( I'm estimating 2 months or more as life happens).
yea i spoke too soon before readn their comments :eek:

OP
Omnikuken

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

^ But you can still hope for more as in mega-hyped for the bigger demo/full game