What's new

RPG RPG Maker [Azurezero] Damsel Quest 3 (RE196208)

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Damsel Quest 3 (in development now/2nd update done)

Alright played the recent update, time to post my thoughts!
Keep in mind I didn't read any of the other posts so I may repeat some things you've already heard.

So far so good I say. No real major issues, only game breaking bug I ran into was after the first boss. If you choose to stay the game gets stuck, forcing you to reset. This didn't happen in the previous version mind you.

I don't remember changing anything about that event but the self switch only activated on the yes portion... so that explains that, will be fixed in update

I also never really had a problem running out of potions. (Thought I got close) Maybe its cause I got lucky with drops (and no I didn't buy any items from the hooded merchant, I figured he wouldn't be selling any potions in the full game anyway.)
Only foreseeable problem is players will likely start grinding for potions when they run low. Not sure if that is something you want but its worth pointing out.
Kiri's heal is a nice thing to have though. Shes actually probably my favorite character so far.

The second boss was pretty neat, but maybe a tad too easy. It was pretty easy keeping her orbs out of play. Though she is the second boss so maybe shes not supposed to be that difficult. Still neat boss.
Maybe make the orbs bulkier but not re spawn as often?
I assume there's no more after beating her? I didn't find a "demo ends here message".
I actually kept making it harder, last thing i did was triple the hp of the orbs so they dont go down in one move (besides emi's 2 hit) when i first released the demo people complained about the early enemies being difficult, so i've been a bit apprehensive... and it was true that if ren gets caught it's hard to get the others back on her own

Another thing I'd like to point out is I never lost a battle in this demo. So I don't know what would of happened if I lost at any point. I might have to go back and lose on purpose.
Is losing generally just gonna be a game over? Or will the game still allow you to continue sometimes? I realize that some situations are probably gonna be "Yeah your fucked! No getting out of that!"
KO gets the characters captured but you a freed by circumstance, in the forest a purple haired rogue frees ren and takes advantage of her before leaving her to go free the others, and in the 2nd quest they leave her cell open because of that spoiler at the start of the 2nd boss, bosses are what lead to actual game overs though...

Overall pretty good. Keep it up.
Thanks, I will!! be sure to go look at some of the loss content, i worked hard on it

Manuel de Mush

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm stuck in sort some of strange glitch where I was defeated by the basic male enemies, and I then saved the game, and turned off the bondage gear, then healed my whole party up. However, the rest of my party except for the red haired girl is stuck in bondage gear, have full health, recovery and tp, but the game won't let me cycle to use them. I'm just stuck using the main character. Really weird bug.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm stuck in sort some of strange glitch where I was defeated by the basic male enemies, and I then saved the game, and turned off the bondage gear, then healed my whole party up. However, the rest of my party except for the red haired girl is stuck in bondage gear, have full health, recovery and tp, but the game won't let me cycle to use them. I'm just stuck using the main character. Really weird bug.
that's odd... hmmm the turn on turn off thing wont be in the final game though... currently the bondage gear thing is a status effect but i'm gonna make it body equipment that cant be removed except for the place you can.
the slave outfits on off thing only adds and removes the state, so if you can't use them then they're still considered captured, so you'll need to go rescue them from the mine

Last edited:
OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I only just found out what you mean... rescuing the other two doesnt add them back to the party, or was that not it? in the next version there wont be a way to escape the mine without rescuing them so it shouldnt be a problem

Last edited:

CrazyPerson

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Would it be difficult to add a status icon for "captured" (perhaps a padlock icon, there should be one in rpgmaker standard assets, AFAIR)

That should go a long way to clarifying that those characters are unavailable until you rescue them, particularly because it sometimes lets you heal captured characters, so "HP=0" is not a reliable indicator...

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Would it be difficult to add a status icon for "captured" (perhaps a padlock icon, there should be one in rpgmaker standard assets, AFAIR)

That should go a long way to clarifying that those characters are unavailable until you rescue them, particularly because it sometimes lets you heal captured characters, so "HP=0" is not a reliable indicator...
I might have to add it to the images themselves, cause i can't find the padlock to add as a status icon

CrazyPerson

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

You're right, doesn't seem to be in the defaults after all.

I suppose the best one out of the default icons would be the "death" skull status icon, which should be fairly clear, but also might give off the wrong vibe...
If you're going to go for a custom icon, perhaps the simplest would be simply a big red 'X' cross, which should get the "unavailable" point across without needing an icon designer to make...

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

You're right, doesn't seem to be in the defaults after all.

I suppose the best one out of the default icons would be the "death" skull status icon, which should be fairly clear, but also might give off the wrong vibe...
If you're going to go for a custom icon, perhaps the simplest would be simply a big red 'X' cross, which should get the "unavailable" point across without needing an icon designer to make...

coming soon in the next update along with bugfixes, a naughty nun quest, and hopefully more plot development.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

answers in bold
Alright, I finally got around to finishing the 2nd demo (this week was hectic) and here's my thoughts:

Good:
The difficulty is just right. For the regular enemies, it's difficult if you don't knock out the slavers first, but if you can take them down it's easy enough. I managed to beat Filia with Ren at level 10, Emi at level 9 and Kiri at level 8. Ouka Mugen Jin is pretty Op and the poison magic is pretty good too.

The new bondage scenes are good, but I would have liked to have seen different interbattle sex acts for Fillia and scenes for a single captured Kiri/Emi. those might come later on

Suggestions:
Could you make it possible to get gold from the guards in the mine? It's nice to earn some cash while grinding. Done,but Filia is still a penny picker, so none from her

Have you any thoughts on how to remove the slave gear? I saw previously in the thread that in the future you were going to have a place where you could remove it. Perhaps a bath? Aya is gonna be the girl you go to, havent added her to the city yet

Are you going to implement any instant loss scenarios if you face a boss alone? Hopefully, but don't expect any full scenes, they're probably gonna be just like how they were in asagi, but for now the first boss will let you challenge the boss alone (your odds aren't good though)

I didn't run into any major bugs except this one:
If Ren gives up in the mine, and the party escapes, the other members of the party who survived act normally in that they follow you around and have health bars except they're in slave outfits and can't attack (or be attacked) in battle. This weird status resets when they are rescued.
Thanks for telling me it applied to escapes only, made it easy to fix, maybe i should release the new update soon...I have a new quest done but I need to add more plot elements before people start getting bored. The quest rewards are important

Anyway, keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to the next update.
so far the quest rewards I had in mind were
Plantgirl quest- aya introduces you to the guild (but she's not there when you get there until after you've done some other quests that dont require membership)
I'm stumped on the slaver quest but aya will be back in the city by the time you're done
The new quest gets you a book on curses, it doesn't help cure emi, but it does act as a skillbook

the new update will add the first generic yuri grabbed/captured images too,
i also fixed the if ren is captured, no one else can be glitch, which i thought had been fixed, but was only fixed for one of the grapples/captured

Last edited:
OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

3RD UPDATE IS DONE... read the post to get more details AND GET THE NEW DEMO. ^
various bug fixes and new content.

Hopefully, the next quest I add to the game will actually have something to do with curse breaking. but for now enjoy.

Last edited:

CrazyPerson

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: Damsel Quest 3 (in development now/3rd update done)

New update! Quick list, because I gotta run:

- Nice new dungeon design, rescue paths are easier to see this time
- Also appreciate the drop hole in the mines
- Getting MP=0 by the demon boss enters a bug state where your character counts as captured, but plays the captured splash after every combat action
- Church combat is getting a bit monotonous right now with only one enemy
- Nun enemies enter a captured state on hp=0 - might be intentional, but gets awkward for the UI because I keep accidentally targetting an already-downed enemy
- I won over the demon boss while getting one of my characters captured by him, now there doesn't seem to be any way to free her
- The bounty hunter is indeed a little subtle for me, couldn't find it - I recall something about "hiding in the water" but I accidentally overwrote any saves where I didn't have the quest yet, so I can't re-check quest text. Perhaps provide items in inventory to look up quest description while a quest is in progress?

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

New update! Quick list, because I gotta run:

- Nice new dungeon design, rescue paths are easier to see this time
Thanks, I'm trying hard
- Also appreciate the drop hole in the mines
- Getting MP=0 by the demon boss enters a bug state where your character counts as captured, but plays the captured splash after every combat action
I thought you were confused about grabbed being captured in this fight but yeah it seems i forgot to add the captured state (a different state that all the capture checks look for to see if they're already captured)
- Church combat is getting a bit monotonous right now with only one enemy
- Nun enemies enter a captured state on hp=0 - might be intentional, but gets awkward for the UI because I keep accidentally targetting an already-downed enemy
This wouldnt be a problem if I could just set a state graphic for death instead, but the script doesn't allow that for some reason.
- I won over the demon boss while getting one of my characters captured by him, now there doesn't seem to be any way to free her
Thanks for pointing this one out, if it's a problem here, then it's also a problem on the other bosses probably
- The bounty hunter is indeed a little subtle for me, couldn't find it - I recall something about "hiding in the water" but I accidentally overwrote any saves where I didn't have the quest yet, so I can't re-check quest text. Perhaps provide items in inventory to look up quest description while a quest is in progress?
That's a good idea. but hiding in the water is the only hint, it's where you fought delilah
answers in bold

I'lll soft patch the issues later today

i've earned todays slushie now

Last edited:
OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Chances are I'll be adding more nun types to the game to spice up the church quest before the next update.

I've also got the basic layout of the library made today, ^^ along with more quest chains, you can't access the dark arts section of the library without written permission from the magician's guild or the mayor's office, so i've also been making the magician's guild, relies on a fairly simple puzzle to get in. but they wont just give you permission without making you do something for them first.

I probably also need to add some basic quests in the adventurer's guild. honestly the hardest part of this development is gonna be the early game, A lot of my quest idea's can only really be used during the midgame. but I don't want to jump to the midgame too quickly, so i need a large bulk of content to satisfy the players through the early game.

CrazyPerson

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Ah, so that's where the kunoichi is. Hm, somehow I don't think I would have found her there - I did search the mines, but mentally I'd ticked off the forest area as completed.
Perhaps extend the quest hint with something about trees/forest/plants or such?

Speaking of the kunoichi, she hits pretty hard! Also, for a stripping kunoichi, she has a distinct lack of stripping/sex moves in combat.
Though she doesn't seem to have a HP=0 script yet, so I can just wail away at her and ignore my HP until she dies, even using "give up" doesn't do anything.

On quests: My recommendation would be to not overdo it - not every game needs to be 40 hours of play time.
Personally, I'm actually a bit tired of long games these days, and happy if I run into something that only takes 1-2 hours to get through comfortably, or less, depending on how invested I'm in the game.
Though I suppose opinions on that will differ wildly.

You can always do the usual fetch quests, I suppose: Pick up a piece of rare ore from the mines, or pick 5 mushrooms from the woods.
Or spawn an unusually strong variant enemy in an existing dungeon that you need to find and defeat - nothing fancy, just a normal encounter with slightly buffed stats.

Assuming capture remains accessible pretty early, you could also do minor quests of "capture a medic plant" or "capture a sneak" - just beware:
If our party ever becomes strong enough to one-shot these enemies, the quest may become uncompletable, assuming capture depends on %HP of the enemy.
You could work around this by giving one party member a "weaken" attack that deals damage but cannot reduce an enemy below 1HP, but I'm not sure how easy that is to implement in rpgmaker.
Alternatively, make capture chance require "enemy HP < capturing player HP".

Random less generic, more this-game-specific minor quest ideas:
- Get defeated in the mines, to pick up an item "behind enemy lines"
- Spend 10 turns total in "grabbed" state across all characters in the forest, to collect spore samples
- Make it through the forest while wearing a gag (can't cast spells)
- Make it through the mines while wearing a leash (can't escape)
- Pick up 5 books from library shelves while nude, without getting spotted

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Speaking of the kunoichi, she hits pretty hard! Also, for a stripping kunoichi, she has a distinct lack of stripping/sex moves in combat.
Though she doesn't seem to have a HP=0 script yet, so I can just wail away at her and ignore my HP until she dies, even using "give up" doesn't do anything.
She's just a placeholder for now, though her normal attack does have a 60% chance of armor break

On quests: My recommendation would be to not overdo it - not every game needs to be 40 hours of play time.
I don't expect it to, maybe 10-15, 1-2 is far too short though, considering it's 50 minutes long already
Personally, I'm actually a bit tired of long games these days, and happy if I run into something that only takes 1-2 hours to get through comfortably, or less, depending on how invested I'm in the game. I feel the opposite, i feel like i need a proper amount of buildup before this plot can really be good, the characters are fun to play with, so i'd like to see more of them, but a lot of the content in this game will be side content... they need to build up their rank at the guild because otherwise they wont get hired for the important plot quests, I can only use the excuse that the quest was deeper/tougher than originally imagined so many times before it sounds like bullshit...
Though I suppose opinions on that will differ wildly.

You can always do the usual fetch quests, I suppose: Pick up a piece of rare ore from the mines, or pick 5 mushrooms from the woods.
Or spawn an unusually strong variant enemy in an existing dungeon that you need to find and defeat - nothing fancy, just a normal encounter with slightly buffed stats.
That's what I intended if only for the E rank quests
Assuming capture remains accessible pretty early, you could also do minor quests of "capture a medic plant" or "capture a sneak" - just beware:
If our party ever becomes strong enough to one-shot these enemies, the quest may become uncompletable, assuming capture depends on %HP of the enemy.
You could work around this by giving one party member a "weaken" attack that deals damage but cannot reduce an enemy below 1HP, but I'm not sure how easy that is to implement in rpgmaker.
Alternatively, make capture chance require "enemy HP < capturing player HP".
it's supposed to be as hard as capturing people as it is in pokemon
Random less generic, more this-game-specific minor quest ideas:
- Get defeated in the mines, to pick up an item "behind enemy lines"
- Spend 10 turns total in "grabbed" state across all characters in the forest, to collect spore samples
- Make it through the forest while wearing a gag (can't cast spells)
- Make it through the mines while wearing a leash (can't escape)
- Pick up 5 books from library shelves while nude, without getting spotted
I like the library one, but those quests would have to come from a pervert not the guild. but i don't like the idea of adding the stealth trace script that was in yuko.

EDIT-
since posting i've added a proper loss condition to the ninja fight, if every girl who isn't wearing a slave outfit (immune to armor break) is armor break x 2, then she leaves satisfied. there's no punishment for mp=0, but hp=0 means an instant armor break 2 on that girl, I'll update when i've added another nun enemy

Last edited:
OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm glad I could help out.

If you're still hung up on the plot here's a suggestion. It might help to work backwards from the ending of the story. For example let's say the person who was behind the curse turns out to be a demon king (stereotypical, I know)
Kiri cast the curse, when she was the villain of the previous game

I've played through the newest church part some but haven't had time to record my views and any bugs I find. I'll probably get through it later this week.

One last thing, I've coded some in the past and have a question about the stripping kuniochi. Is the Armor break x2 a status or a counter? Because if it's a counter it could trigger if one of the party uses the repair healing scroll and she could be satisfied even if the party isn't fully stripped down.

its the same status but states can stack, its just a status attack chance

Quest spoilers (probably)
in order to gain access to the dark arts section of the library, they need to gain permission from the mages guild, who won't give it unless you help them first, one of them recently turned traitor and stole a magic tome and want you to retrieve it for them. This would introduce the cabal of evil mages with just one of them, who specialises in golems, and by golems i mean the kind that have like, dildos in their bellies and pull you in...
the magician would ultimately escape but you retrieve the tome and return it to the guild.

today I've been adding more to the library, for the hints at later quests even if you cant unlock them until the midgame due to their requirements

Last edited:

TankHunter678

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Any chance for a quest that turns the rest of the girls into horny fox girls?

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Any chance for a quest that turns the rest of the girls into horny fox girls?
that was my planned for the endgame, emi is captured and the curse is analysed and copied, they plan on using it to turn lots of girls into easy to please exotic foxgirl sexslaves

*whistles innocently*

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Definitely something to look forward to.
I'm looking forward to the midgame first, can't jump to that too soon though, need to make sure each quest i make i balanced so its easiest if i make them in chronological order. i'm steadily building up ideas for the early game though.